Melaniie / Melanie Murphy General Discussion!!!

LemonBonBons
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Melaniie / Melanie Murphy General Discussion!!!

Post by LemonBonBons »

I usually lurk round & read the threads but never participate in discussions. But some of them are getting so funny that I had to register and join in coz I love utube! :tu: :D

I never see any of you talking about Melanie, the Irish utuber, think she started last year but she is pretty big! I think she is so nice she is always lovely to her subs and is real honest in vids, curses sometimes but not too much like rare, and she has a good mix so it isn't boring...beauty, makeup, hair, acne, vlogs, confidence, food, health...loads!

I found her as she collabed with buzzfeed like there was a vid of her on their channel and she was talking about how makeup can be empowering, then I watched her half of the collab which was longer and I identified a lot! :respekt:

Thought I would give her a thread because she is one of the only girls I can bare to watch, mostly because she makes me laugh a lot and she doesn't care what people think. Never really see haters on her vids anyway!

Thoughts? Sometimes her accent does annoy me and she has a weird birth mark on her neck that is a bit ugly but in general she is original and she supports lots of other utubers too. Like she is friends with them as I can tell from twitter etc.

Anybody know any other utubers who we should make threads for so people can discuss? SO MANY NOW. :love2: :love2: :love2:

utubeflutterby
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Melaniie / Melanie Murphy General Discussion!!!

Post by utubeflutterby »

I lit just joined to comment on this thread!! WHY does nobody ever mention this guru!?? She is my fav one like one of the only people where I get excited when she uploads and she uploads so much!! I saw her October favs video just there I bawling crying about her cat that died he was in so many videos. I only found GG last week from a friend who is obsessed with ZABBY and she telling me about all the stuff written on here about gabb and zoe so yeah thought I would join and bump this up because more people need to watch melanie she had really bad acne and eating disorders like she was very fat the way I am now and it gives me hope because she seems so happy now. Lots of the gleam team follow her twitter account yet still nobody talks about her but she is pretty new on utube annnnnnnnnd ALREADY is getting million of view!!!

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

I liked her a lot in the beginning, but I think she's just trying to grow her channel now, which is not wrong, but she's always kissing the gleam team's ass. She gives really great advice, but now I don't think she's just doing it for fun, she's trying to shove it down our throats! All of these discount codes and the video with Caroline Hirons, who agrees with everything Melanie says. What worked for her life may not work for other people and she needs to understand that. Her videos are getting repetitive because she will not change her skincare and that's all her channel is about. She needs to start bringing some diversity to the table and stop luring us with the discount codes.
*Sorry about any mistakes, english is not my native language*

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

I liked her but not anymore. I can't stand her the way she laughs,it's like she's trying way to hard to laugh on her videos with collabs, and it turns out so fake. Also she said that she got rid of acne but every few months strikes again. She also shows that she eats healthy which i highly doubt.I bet behind the camera she's eating those pizzas. also her boyfriend is like a statue in her videos. doesn't talk at all and has terrible teeth.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

melzalfiephanhugz
Talker
Talker

Post by melzalfiephanhugz »

I still really like her!! She doesn't do as many collabs any more and puts in so much effort to her vids unlike some, also honest about sponsorships when she does them which to me is important in people I watch. To moonlightpixie, I always thought her bf was really nice in her videos?? and in his videos he's outgoing so I think how we see him in Melanie's videos is prob just him not playing up to cam, which is a bit refreshing tbh. I just wish she would vlog more!!! Her vlogs are chatty videos are my faves <3 <3 :love2:

I act kinda feel bad for her that she lives in the middle of nowhere in terms of YouTube land, all the big YouTubers follow her on Twitter and seem to talk to her but then she's never in their vids coz she lives nowhere near them all and I also always felt like she just doesn't get noticed due to being in a different country>?? Does location matter?

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

I'm glad she lives far away from the big youtubers like zoella or tania, I still watch her because she doesn't do collabs with them! I don't want her to kiss their ass just to see if gleam signs her up... if she does that, her videos will suffer and I won't stick around to watch!
However, I'm glad she stopped talking about her discount codes and is more subtle about it now.

melzalfiephanhugz
Talker
Talker

Neia13 wrote:I'm glad she lives far away from the big youtubers like zoella or tania, I still watch her because she doesn't do collabs with them! I don't want her to kiss their ass just to see if gleam signs her up... if she does that, her videos will suffer and I won't stick around to watch!
However, I'm glad she stopped talking about her discount codes and is more subtle about it now.
I have watched her since last year and she only has 2 discount codes for the same things? At least she isn't really sneaky about it like Gleam ALL of their links under videos are affiliate links!! Andy they never say! I do watch some Gleam members still though and I know that since Melanie started (coz went back and watched lots of her vids) has been a big supporter of the sacconejolys right from her first vid which was her going to their meetup...but that was way before they were with Gleam or Zalfie!! She comments on beautycrush vids but I love beautycrush and don't even think of her as Gleam, also see her comment on Lily and Anna from Gleam but I don't know I don't really care if YouTubers collab I don't stop watching...it's their job at the end of the day and when you watch people who are isolated they start to crack eventually and go a bit stir crazy Gabby recently seems to be going a bit mad in Brighton on her own!!

Gabby followed Melanie on Twitter this week I noticed...that collab would be annoying simply because it would make everyone hate Melanie which would be unfair :?

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

ThisFuckingNunu. wrote:Was that guy in the hotel room not her boyfriend?! :o

x
No, it was another youtuber called Evan, but not her boyfriend. I don't think her boyfriend went with her on this trip.

melzalfiephanhugz
Talker
Talker

Her boyfriend and her broke up last year, I'd say they'll break up because they seem way too different. OMG she was talking about Jack Howard at the end of her vlog, they would be the most ideal couple in the whole world. I ship MOWARD, Evan seems definitely her friend!! Jack instigated meeting her on Twitter and Evan doesn't even seem to follow her I've seen people write that he just jumps from YouTuber to YouTuber for views but I still love Evan. Jack more tho!

loulouneety
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by loulouneety »

I used to love Melaniie but I think she's kind of lost the plot at the mo... she seems manic and just a bit of control!

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

[quote="melzalfiephanhugz"]Her boyfriend and her broke up last year, I'd say they'll break up because they seem way too different. OMG she was talking about Jack Howard at the end of her vlog, they would be the most ideal couple in the whole world. I ship MOWARD, Evan seems definitely her friend!! Jack instigated meeting her on Twitter and Evan doesn't even seem to follow her I've seen people write that he just jumps from YouTuber to YouTuber for views but I still love Evan. Jack more tho![/quote]

Has she even mentioned her boyfriend in her latest videos? I don't watch her anymore,she got annoying,but as I can see from the titles and pictures of the videos i get the feeling that her bf doesn't appear in the videos/vlogs

Neia13
Informer
Informer

Post by Neia13 »

moonlightpixie wrote:
melzalfiephanhugz wrote:Her boyfriend and her broke up last year, I'd say they'll break up because they seem way too different. OMG she was talking about Jack Howard at the end of her vlog, they would be the most ideal couple in the whole world. I ship MOWARD, Evan seems definitely her friend!! Jack instigated meeting her on Twitter and Evan doesn't even seem to follow her I've seen people write that he just jumps from YouTuber to YouTuber for views but I still love Evan. Jack more tho!
Has she even mentioned her boyfriend in her latest videos? I don't watch her anymore,she got annoying,but as I can see from the titles and pictures of the videos i get the feeling that her bf doesn't appear in the videos/vlogs
They broke up recently, not last year... but she already moved on an apparently is seeing someone. If you want more updates you can go check the trash thread on her, it has been quite active.

LittleWhiteRose
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleWhiteRose »

Okay, I was so excited when I saw this thread! I absolutely adore Melanie. I think she is one of the most real and down to earth Youtubers out there. She's also very connected to her viewers. She has always 'liked' or favourited or anything I comment on her posts and I see her responding to people all the time.

I also find it very refreshing and admirable how she is taking every opportunity that arises and putting her all her heart into it. I think she is a genuine person and a very good role model for women of all ages.
To be honest, I find myself liking the Irish Youtubers and their community way more compared to the mega popular(aka "book status" popular) Youtubers. You feel like a real person when sending out a message or a comment to them. Not just another one of their many adoring fans that continuously gets ignored over and over again. Maybe I'm a bit bias(I lived in Ireland for nearly two years and from day one was welcomed with so much kindness and acceptance) or maybe not. I just think they are a great bunch of honest and genuine people that really care about everyone that supports them.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

[quote="LittleWhiteRose"]Okay, I was so excited when I saw this thread! I absolutely adore Melanie. I think she is one of the most real and down to earth Youtubers out there. She's also very connected to her viewers. She has always 'liked' or favourited or anything I comment on her posts and I see her responding to people all the time.

I also find it very refreshing and admirable how she is taking every opportunity that arises and putting her all her heart into it. I think she is a genuine person and a very good role model for women of all ages.
To be honest, I find myself liking the Irish Youtubers and their community way more compared to the mega popular(aka "book status" popular) Youtubers. You feel like a real person when sending out a message or a comment to them. Not just another one of their many adoring fans that continuously gets ignored over and over again. Maybe I'm a bit bias(I lived in Ireland for nearly two years and from day one was welcomed with so much kindness and acceptance) or maybe not. I just think they are a great bunch of honest and genuine people that really care about everyone that supports them.[/quote]

Maybe,I say MAYBE if you read the other melanie murphy thread you'll change your opinion about her.

dottiejamz12
Learner
Learner

Post by dottiejamz12 »

I was told to leave the Melaniie trash thread by a GGer simply for asking questions that they couldn't answer :/ It has been hijacked by a bunch of the Irish YouTubers or else by one or several web trolls I don't know it is too confusing to follow. I remember Sinead and Melanie have both said something about trolling before in their 'community' but what kind of YouTubers sort their differences through a gossip site that is meant for viewers? Anyway I'm leaving that thread as they can't hijack a rave thread the mods will remove them. I do like Melanie for the most part, the trash one is full of stuff like for example: "she cheated" "she was exposed as setting up fake accounts" but there is no proof of these things, no screenshots, only statements by people who clearly hate her for their own reasons irl. I guess it is up to us to believe what we want though.

I'm glad she just hit 300 thousand today and I don't see it as bad that she talks about moving away. She seems so happy in her London vlogs and I watch so many people that live in England that the vlogs would be more exciting to me anyway if other people are in them especially if she spends time with the people she chats to on twitter and not only Riyadh and all the gay YouTubers!

What do we think of her videos with ICON? Her makeup and skin doesn't look good in the ones on the UK channel but I enjoyed the one from yesterday quite a lot on their main channel the present ideas one. Cute editing!!!

pugzjen
Informer
Informer

Post by pugzjen »

enjoying her new videos out in LA! i dunno i was on the trash thread quite alot for her and i just think shes a 20 something trying to find herself and shes not perfect and i dont really believe those things about her stalking other irish youtubers and if she did possibly was very young and immature when she did it? i have no idea.

but her weightloss video resonated with me alot... so yeah i have hope for melanie!

gugogi16
Informer
Informer

Post by gugogi16 »

I really dislike her new hair color, I think it looks cheap and tacky on her. The black suited her so much more.
Aspyn + Parker Drinking Game: https://goo.gl/56VmWq :cheers:

Jigglypuffer
Learner
Learner

Post by Jigglypuffer »

Melanie is visiting her boyfriend in Spain and hasn’t bothered coming home to Ireland to vote in today’s abortion referendum despite allegedly being an ‘activist’

P88Jules
Learner
Learner

Post by P88Jules »

She thinks she's quirky and adorable always bearing her teeth like a dopey chimp and talking about her bowel movements.
Cute :roll:
oof

Return to “L-O”