PONY Makeup

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PONY Makeup

Post by Eastsiderider »

So I just stumbled over this Korean girl, Pony, her channel started operating early this year and she has over 200 000 subscribers. It's refreshing watch these Korean style makeup videos, when the looks are very natural (no crazy contouring, natural brows) & getting to know new Asian beauty products isn't bad either :) I've been enjoying her vids, they're different from all the western ones and have very nice looks. (If we ignore the fact that the way she applies her makeup is very bizarre sometimes...) I imagine she's everything Michelle Phan wants to be like so badly :D

Just wondering, who is this chick, like where did she come from? Has she had a blog before or something since the channel is such a high quality content and professionally done? Or is she, I don't know, backed up by some big company/etc. or something like that? :D Any inside or just general knowledge about this? Is she famous in Korea? Haha

Ps. No way her nose is real? lol

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Re: PONY Makeup

Post by whatwut »

She is an established makeup artist in Korea. She has her own show on InsiteTV, you can see clips from her show on InsiteTV's youtube channel. InsiteTV is a channel in Korea that features shows about beauty. She's really well known in the Korean beauty community. If you want to learn more about it you should check out the AsianBeauty subreddit on reddit.

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Ah, thanks :tu:

Missile Happy
Informer
Informer

Post by Missile Happy »

Sounds interesting, gotta check her out :D

If there are no ups and downs in your life it means you're dead.

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker

Post by ispyskyler »

I've been looking for some good Korean makeup youtubers. I love mixing elements of Korean style beauty (straight brows, gradient lips, dewy skin) with western style. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilovetop
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovetop »

Pony is amazing! She started off as an ulzzang model for a wig company and has really established herself. She created a Cyworld or Naver blog (Probably Cyworld since that was huge a long time ago) and did makeup tutorials on there and just grew. I'm glad to see how far she's come!

Also, I'm sure she's done plastic surgery and has done it a very long time ago but it's the social norm in Korea as we all know so not a big deal. Plus it looks good on her.

sushiwarrior
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sushiwarrior »

Hi guys! im a huge fans of pony and her makeup is always flawless and professional. she is a very famous makeup artist in korea, shes been releasing her own makeup books for more than 8 years already :D besides her shows called ' pony's beauty diary' which can be found in insitetv's youtube channel, she has recently made her own youtube channel calles 'ponysmakeup'! :) guys do check her out, she is really one of my favorite makeup artists OF ALL TIME.

besides korean styled, makeup, shes one of those few korean makeup artists who like to use more western makeup products as well, and she dont always go with the flow like gradient lips and straight brows.. etc. so i guess thats pretty nice if youre looking for more diversity ;)

thanks for reading! :tu:
we like to party :FU:

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Is she really CL's new makeup artist!? Wow!

ilovetop
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovetop »

I guess so! I saw the pictures on Instagram. Seems like they hang out a lot too. :tu:

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

Eastsiderider wrote:Is she really CL's new makeup artist!? Wow!
in a video q&a she mentioned she has worked as CL's make up artist for a while. so yup, but she's not that new.

bloomingpeony
Talker
Talker

Post by bloomingpeony »

Love her videos! I'm not great at make-up so I like seeing what other people use (I also like korean products for my sensitive skin lol). I tried one of the bb cushions she used in her videos :) it's nice but wasn't complete coverage. She's done really well for herself! has anyone used make-up from her brand?

Saely
Learner
Learner

Post by Saely »

My friend just told me about her and my goodness, she is amazing. Just from one video I have learned so much.

Her makeup is also my style too, I feel so detached from a lot of American gurus since their looks are just way too different and loud from what I've watched. So I was really, really surprised that I found a MUA to really look forward to. :tu:

amalthea22
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by amalthea22 »

I love her! And if you are looking for other Korean makeup artists, jungsaemmool is really good, and she has a lot more videos.

Uwasa
Learner
Learner

Post by Uwasa »

Hmm, I think she mentioned somewhere she is a k-pop makeup artist... Please, correct me if I am wrong. :P She creates beautiful looks, and she seems very unpretentious, and very talented, so far. She shows her bare face a lot, which I really respect. :P

calciferxchia
Stalker
Stalker

Post by calciferxchia »

she needs a more active thread I mean her latest tutorials are AMAZING~~ she's my fave korean guru... also like that she doesn't always do the overused straight brow...

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried her makeup line? Wish she would do a CL look tutorial :HK:

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

I love her so much. I've bought items she's suggested and am so happy with them (this never happens with other gurus).

Return to “PONY Makeup”