True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unanswered Questions

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

Yup, the big apartment she lived in (in HK) belongs to her dad i.e. this:

then she moved with Tim into their own flat in HK, i.e. this:

and then they bought their own apartment where they live now. Her whole family lives in N.I. but they still own this apartment in HK since they go there like every now and then. I can understand that Bubz wanted to have her own apartment, I mean at her dad's one she cannot just choose everything by herself, she'd have to ask constantly about everything, and it's not really "hers" anyway. So it is quite understandable that she bought her own apartment where she can do whatever she wants. It is expensive but since she bought it, she doesn't have to pay rent now. And nope, Tim doesn't do anything apart from ShopBubbi stuff.

@Kpopkrazy

It's her Xanga. You found the right blog, but since Xanga changed a couple of months back, she has to log into her account and do sth to move her now archived posts to the new site so they can be viewed. Since Bubz hasn't logged in there in about 4 years now, I doubt that she'd do that. And yes, she was born and raised in N.I. and her family is there too, she moved to HK because she could get her tshirt line manufactured for much cheaper there than in the UK which means she will make more money by selling her China-made tshirts to "fans" who buy them for UK prices i.e. about 16 pounds for a tshirt while she obviously paid much less to get them made than she would have in the UK, meaning more $$$ for her. Same goes for her brushes. In HK you can get brushes which look IDENTICAL to hers, just without the Bubbi logo.
<3

Kpopkrazy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kpopkrazy »

@Allie
Thank you, are you sure that's the right blog? Even not logging in for so long wouldn't make posts disappear, I'm sure her old blog had a green background, it had posts about when she was at uni, I remember a picture where her and Tim had the same car and they were both stood in front of them.
I wonder why they ended up staying in Hong Kong I don't think I could move away from all my family and friends like that, I mean she hardly ever visits and now
with her being pregnant her family will hardly ever see
the baby. Oh I've seen those brushes that are identical to hers, I wonder what they're like, its disgusting how expensive her t-shirts are and her brushes are ridiculously expensive too! You'd think she would know how old most of her fans are!

monochrome
Debater
Debater

Re: Do you think Bubz is fit to be a parent?

Post by monochrome »

Honestly, I dont think anyone is really fit to be a parent but I think Bubz can become a great mother for her child. I'm pretty sure she wasn't expecting to be a mother anyway but I like that she's trying. She has cleaned up her house for the baby if you've watched her blogs where shes throwing her make up away and sacrificing her make up room for her baby. And honestly, growing up, my parents were too busy being strict instead of being someone I can lean on but I think bubz can become a bestfriend to her son.
However, I feel like she might spoil her kid too much.

lolitabunny012
Learner
Learner

Post by lolitabunny012 »

I think Lindy and Tim will learn to be good parents. From what I can gauge they both look happy and it's reassuring to know that the baby will be in a happy home.

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

Kpopkrazy wrote:Does anyone remember what bubz old blog was called? I searched for it but couldn't find it, I found one from 2008 with only 3 posts called bubz loves yuu (something like that) but that's not the blog I mean hers had lots of posts.

Also wanted to ask, does anyone know why they even moved to Hong Kong? Bubz's family is in Ireland and I think Tim's is too (correct me if I'm wrong?) and wasn't she born in Ireland too? (read that somewhere)
Bubz was born and raised in Northern Ireland which although is on the island of Ireland, it's part of the UK. Some people in northern Ireland identify as Irish, some people in Northern Ireland identify as British. Bubz would be part of the community who identifies as British. In many of her videos (mainly her older ones), she actually corrects people who call her Irish. I live in Ireland (the Republic of) so I know what I controversial answer this is.

I will make this point though. Honk Kong was a former UK colony. Immigrants from HK who settle in the Republic of Ireland often do not agree with the British commonwealth, HK immigrants who settle into the UK (usually England and NI) were probably more at ease with their colonizer and saw the benefits of being a part of the UK.

Now WHY they moved is a good question. Tim answers it on his section of Bubz's website
After we both graduated from university the global financial crisis kicked in so job hunting in what we majored in wasn’t particularly easy. We both decided to move to Hong Kong based on instinct & a “nothing to lose” attitude.

Moving to an entirely different country wasn’t easy for either of us as we left behind our family & friends to make it on our own.
Check out my post on the last (second last?) page on the general thread where I talk about their work and fiance. Tim might have a 'secret' job, but on facebook his job is listed as co-founder of Bubz's business. Their business selling brushes is quite simple. I've seen the brushes Bubz sells on a wholesale website at a ridiculously cheaper price. Bubz and Tim then order in bulk (maybe tweaking the colour so they can justify slapping an extra £10 on it). The tshirts are probably bought in bulk too, cheaply made. Sell these overhyped, cheap products with crazy mark ups and voila.. you have profit. As other posters here said, because they are sourcing this crap in HK, it's cheaper then being based in the UL.

stacy04
Stalker
Stalker

Post by stacy04 »

I dont think any first time parents are really "fit to be a parent." It's impossible to be prepared for all the responsibility that comes with a baby. I think bubz is full of love, and the fact that she "works" from home is an added bonus.Maybe she'll surprise everyone and be a great parent! It's not a question of whether or not she's mature enough, it's whether or not she'll be able to handle the stress when the baby comes.

Bigbad

Post by Bigbad »

Lol I agree she's doing just fine

kimchi99
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kimchi99 »

I think that like most first time parents her and Tim are still learning, but they are doing quite well. Someone on another forum said that it seemed like Bubz didn't even want the baby anymore because she didn't want to be induced. She just said that she's gonna enjoy her last few weeks of freedom. To me this isn't a sign that she doesn't want Issac, but that she knows her life is about to change and she's gonna enjoy her current life and her future life with Issac equally.
Sorry I got off topic there. But anyways I think that Bubz and Tim aren't the best parents in the world, but they are quite young. Also how people raise their children is their decision and although we may not always agree with their parenting techniques overall it isn't really our business to judge them. Unless you're like a parenting coach or if you've raised like 10 perfect children.

FoodandFashion
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodandFashion »

That whole "didn't know to support the baby's head" nonsense was so stupid. My sister is 18. She knew how to do that when her 2 year old was born.

Blushed_flushed
Learner
Learner

Post by Blushed_flushed »

I definitely do not think she is fit to be a parent. Just look at the way she let Tim hold Isaac when he was just a newborn, I would NEVER let anyone hold my baby like that, let alone being so fucking clueless myself. Honestly, wtf??!! She had 10 fucking months to learn how to handle a newborn baby and yet all she did was eat shit, troll on the internet & make shit jokes with her husband. I used to like her & her vlogs a lot but after looking at how they treat their child I just unsubscribed. Her baby could've snapped his spinal cord & she's just like oh come on we're new parents~ we make mistakes~ She's just way too dumb to even realize when to draw the line. There's a difference between making a wee mistake and permanently damaging a child's health forever, period. I still can't believe she's not reading/studying anything about parenting after that incident.

thekalelkitten
Learner
Learner

Post by thekalelkitten »

i really like buzz (sorry i need 2 questions to answer to another chat so please don't hate)

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Your also forgetting tim is a landlord.

Anonomess
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Anonomess »

bunnybutt420 wrote:
shyLittleRj wrote:She has a house, a husband, money, a fun personality, she's super nice, and she's a great dog-owner (they're so well looked after), she can cook and she's healthy, so I think she'll be a great mother. Yeah she can be a bit whiny but we are all a bit whiny, we just don't put it on the internet. Sorry I know it's a 'trash a guru' board but i'm just giving my opinion.
* Yeah okay, she is a nice person.. but incredibly naive and childish.
* Well, it's an apartment and they rent it. In earlier videos she actually said that they moved to HK as they were not very financially stable.
* I don't really agree with the health thing. She constantly vlogs, tweets ect about going for fast food with Tim, it's in nearly everyone of her vlogs. Her cooking is even worse though, the chicken dish in her last vlog looked vile.
* Why would she feel the need to share such whining/childish outbursts? Imagine the stuff that she cuts out of her videos!

She relies on Tim far too much. He drives her everywhere, buys her everything and she turns into a whinging child when he leaves (even if for a week!).

With all this in mind, I dunno how she'd cope with a baby.
For the record, the place they live in now is actually a house. In Hong Kong the houses are vertical, like apartments, to save space. The own it, and have purchased a rental property as well. ^_^

olivesblue9
Learner
Learner

Post by olivesblue9 »

why not?

olivesblue9
Learner
Learner

Post by olivesblue9 »

I think she would make an adorable mom!

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

i feel like most of the parenting we see is just for the camera. she wants her fans to go AWWW when she interacts with isaac. i don't think she's having a strong bond with him, i mean it's kinda obvious....

hanie21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Bubz real height?

Post by hanie21 »

I'm curious about this.
Because she claimed she was 4'11 before, then later on claimed she's 4'10

But seeing recent photos of her, especially the ones with Frmheadtotoe, it seems like she's shorter than 4'10.
Frmheadtotoe & That's heart both claimed to be 4'10ft tall but why is bubz so much shorter than those two. I don't think Thatsheart lied about her height because she doesn't seem insecure about it while Bubz seems insecure with her height.

With Heart:

With frmheadtotoe who's wearing the same kind of shoes too:

Blogilates looks like a giant next to them, fyi she's 5'5 ft tall but she look tall because she's with a bunch of girls who are barely 5'ft tall.

Do you guys think she's actually shorter than 4'10ft
4'10 is already so short but the fact that she's shorter than that... What chu think??

I know this is kinda pointless but I'm really curious what you guys think

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Bubz real height?

Post by Noko »

I agree. I don't think she's even 4'10
I had the same thoughts after seeing that 3rd photo you posted.

She actually has the same body type as Xiaxue... they're both REALLY short & have these limbs that look really stubby for some reason with a big lollipop head. They look like they actually have dwarfism; Because they have plenty of friends (even bubz sister, april) who are about the same height but their limbs are actually proportionate to their bodies.

mad pyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by mad pyjamas »

I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that anyone under 4'11 is technically considered a little person. I had no idea she was that short!

hanie21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hanie21 »

mad pyjamas wrote:I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that anyone under 4'11 is technically considered a little person. I had no idea she was that short!
5'0 is already considered short so people who are below that, 4'11/4'10 are pretty short.

Bubz certainly looks way below 4'11 and even 4'10.
She look so short next to a 4'10ft tall girls like Jen and Heart so how is it possible for her to even be around 4'10, I'm guessing she's actually 4'7ft tall.
I thought she had short limbs because she was slightly chubby in the arms but I guess she's just really petite and has a really tiny build.

wendy is 5'0ft tall

Return to “Bubzbeauty”