Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans

Post by Einhorn_two »

LaFleche wrote:

I miss this girl so much.
Me too. It's like watching a completely different person. Watching the newest West end live in contrast to this is just shocking

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

She's liking every comment even in really long reply chains whenever they mention the violent ex maybe being Pete, which means she's also definitely seeing the replies before those ones that point out that she's doing exactly that. She must be trolling with this at this point?

I won't doubt what she's said, not at all, it's important to bring attention to situations like this and to listen to victims without judgement, but the way she's going about it is really shady and it's just plain inconsistent. If you don't want to go into it and name names, then do exactly that. Don't go round liking every comment that refers to him while pretending you're still on the moral high ground because "well technically, I didn't say his name". It's juvenile, attention seeking and downright irresponsible.

Domestic abuse is a serious issue and she's treating it like it's a little game.

Post by Guest »

Yeah she's "loving" comments of people saying they've unsubbed from him so she's clearly a fan of harming his career without properly addressing the situation. She probably does not want to expand on the situation because she's loving people jumping to the worst conclusions. I'm not here for sheltering abusers, but as I said before, we don't understand the situation because she didn't properly address it. For all we know, they were MUTUALLY shitty to each other and it was a MUTUALLY toxic relationship. We just don't know.

Post by Guest »

Someone commented "Carrie is implying that you were a domestic abuser in her latest video, jsyk" on Pete's latest video and it has 5 likes

Post by Guest »

Okay she did somewhat clarify

"SJ Hello everyone. Firstly thank you for the concern and kind words or support. It’s a difficult subject for me still because it’s only recently that I’ve really accepted what was going on within my most recent relationship and giving it the label of “domestic violence” still feels too real and too scary for me which is why I didn’t talk about it in depth in this video and probably won’t for a while. I also didn’t name names for people who wouldn’t know who it is because I do feel that the person in question is seeking the help needed and is capable of change but I have purposely distanced myself as a result of the relationship. However, I do want to put people’s minds at rest and let people know that I was never physically harmed. It was all property damage and obviously there was a lot of emotional damage done too which is still present today as some of the things in my flat never got fixed and those reminders are there daily. I’m in a much happier relationship now but I still feel it’s important to slowly start talking about these things to open up a conversation about serious topics in the hope it helps others open up too and speak out against it. Thank you again for you love. It means a lot. Xxx"

oliviachristien
Talker
Talker

Post by oliviachristien »

I just looked and he has lost 160 subs today

Post by Guest »

But w.r.t. to the comment she just posted, it's under a thread that obviously a lot of viewers won't see

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by inkspells »

Einhorn_two wrote:
LaFleche wrote:

I miss this girl so much.
Me too. It's like watching a completely different person. Watching the newest West end live in contrast to this is just shocking
Her acting even seems better here. Maybe its because eponine has been played so many times it makes it easier for her to emulate the other performances. Or perhaps being a hopeless romantic she found it easier to act and actually put some feeling into it?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Ever since I saw this I thought it was a dig at good old Care Bear

m11
Talker
Talker

Post by m11 »

laylee wrote:Okay she did somewhat clarify

"SJ Hello everyone. Firstly thank you for the concern and kind words or support. It’s a difficult subject for me still because it’s only recently that I’ve really accepted what was going on within my most recent relationship and giving it the label of “domestic violence” still feels too real and too scary for me which is why I didn’t talk about it in depth in this video and probably won’t for a while. I also didn’t name names for people who wouldn’t know who it is because I do feel that the person in question is seeking the help needed and is capable of change but I have purposely distanced myself as a result of the relationship. However, I do want to put people’s minds at rest and let people know that I was never physically harmed. It was all property damage and obviously there was a lot of emotional damage done too which is still present today as some of the things in my flat never got fixed and those reminders are there daily. I’m in a much happier relationship now but I still feel it’s important to slowly start talking about these things to open up a conversation about serious topics in the hope it helps others open up too and speak out against it. Thank you again for you love. It means a lot. Xxx"
I KNEW it was just him breaking stuff. Not to minimize it, I’m sure that was still really scary, upsetting, and horrible. I imagine she felt like she could’ve been next and it’s still not acceptable and those were her things. But she knew FULL WELL people would assume it was violence towards her and also this BS with “not naming names” but LIKING ALL THE COMMENTS

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by inkspells »

Also breaking stuff isn't really the same type of domestic abuse and is more of an anger issue. Its also something many men struggle with I think, atleast in my experience. I have three brothers and that was something they would do to deal with anger, which is good/bad as my dad was physically abusive for much of my life so Im glad they found other ways to express anger and dont hurt people. So its also not a black and white issue.

Like its still wrong and he shouldn't have done those things but its nothing like what she was implying. Also we don't know the context based on how she treated him I wonder if the relationship was mutually toxic not that that excuses Pete from breaking stuff but it makes it more understandable.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Lavender Earl Grey
Talker
Talker

Post by Lavender Earl Grey »

"Angry and destructive" would have been a more appropriate choice of words than "violent and aggressive", she's fully aware of what she implied.

2emma1
Talker
Talker

Post by 2emma1 »

m11 wrote:

I KNEW it was just him breaking stuff. Not to minimize it, I’m sure that was still really scary, upsetting, and horrible. I imagine she felt like she could’ve been next and it’s still not acceptable and those were her things. But she knew FULL WELL people would assume it was violence towards her and also this BS with “not naming names” but LIKING ALL THE COMMENTS
Tbh, when someone punches walls or breaks things in anger its generally a stepping stone to then harming the object of the anger, in that case their girlfriend. If they had a fight, screamed and Pete punched a hole in the wall, I do consider that agressive and toxic behavior (not to mention terrifying and dangerous), and Carrie is right in calling it what it is. Its kind of childish to not fully explain then just like a bunch of comments, but it is a big thing to disclose, it was probably a way to ease herself into it. For once maybe we could try not assuming the worst in her motivations

m11
Talker
Talker

Post by m11 »

I really want to call her out for “not naming names” but liking all the comments with his name but it’s not even worth it :roll:

m11
Talker
Talker

Post by m11 »

2emma1 wrote:
m11 wrote:

Tbh, when someone punches walls or breaks things in anger its generally a stepping stone to then harming the object of the anger, in that case their girlfriend. If they had a fight, screamed and Pete punched a hole in the wall, I do consider that agressive and toxic behavior (not to mention terrifying and dangerous), and Carrie is right in calling it what it is. Its kind of childish to not fully explain then just like a bunch of comments, but it is a big thing to disclose, it was probably a way to ease herself into it. For once maybe we could try not assuming the worst in her motivations
I agreed with you, I literally just said she probably feared she was next and it isn’t acceptable behavior. She’s just going about “naming” him in a pretty shady way

Post by Guest »

It is abuse and it is violence. We should trust and support Carrie. Let's not discuss how serious it is or if it is really that bad. We don't know and I hope we never do.

Her only "fault" in this is acting like she doesn't want to ruin his name when she is liking comments saying how people unsubscribed to him.

morsecodedotdot

Post by morsecodedotdot »

The name Kingston was picked because of equity, he can't have the same name as another actor in equity. He explained it somewhere on Twitter but I haven't looked back to find it.

As for the violence and the destruction, there is no excuse to be that angry that you can destroy things, particularly if they are her things. And if they remain broken then there probably hasn't been a great amount of reconciliation about it.

However, there is something still really uncomfortable about the way that she did this, it doesn't sit well with me. I am really sorry that she has been a victim of this, and it must have been really scary. But I don't like that there was no accompanying explanation. I don't like that she is encouraging people to unsubscribe from somebody that she states is getting help that is required etc. I don't like that it took several hours for her to actually respond to people who were speculating about it.

I'm not in anyway trying to victim blame and I certainly believe her when she talks about what happens, but the timing is very... odd.

Einhorn_two
Debater
Debater

Post by Einhorn_two »

And again the no names thing is so stupid. Everyone knows about her relationships so it was clear she was talking about Pete. Sometimes I wish she would choose her words more carefully and you can't tell me that people won't jump to conclusions after what she said. It also leaves a bad taste for me that she used her past relationships as an explanation for why Veronica means so much to her. Even when she comes to terms with it now it's still something that is very difficult to handle and she can't tell me that she didn't know how her fans are going to react. She could have said that she has been in difficult relationships before and she can use a lot of that in her portrayal but she specifically pointed it out and that's not ok. Pete is graduating in three weeks and probably to expect the biggest shitstorm of his life and who knows if he'll be able to pursue a creative career afterward. I still feel sorry for her for what she had to suffer through but her reactions tell a lot about her as a person.

2emma1
Talker
Talker

Post by 2emma1 »

m11 wrote:
2emma1 wrote:
m11 wrote:

I agreed with you, I literally just said she probably feared she was next and it isn’t acceptable behavior. She’s just going about “naming” him in a pretty shady way
Yeah sorry if it seemed like I attacked you. I just kind of tilted at the "it was just him breaking stuff", but I think we basically had the same point

Post by Guest »

What the actually hell? Does she realise how much damage she could do to Petes life by making these comments if they turn out to be false. Of course if he did hit her then yes, speak out by all means. But breaking stuff? He didn’t hurt her did he. I understand it’s scary but she’s making out like it was more than it is. I can see her being nasty in a relationship, the way she spoke to him him and treated him. I just don’t understand why she feels the need to mention this now, does this even mean mentioning? I am all for women speaking out against abuse and having their voices heard. But here it feels like Carrie just wants to play the victim because she’s having a hard time. You can’t just make a video and make throw away comments like that. People know she dated Pete and now he’s going to have a witch hunt after him. He deserves to if he did hit or harm her but if not, his career is over because she’s painted him like this. He won’t have a chance to say his side and people will believe Carrie first. I don’t understand it at all. It’s all very confusing.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”