BeckieJBrown you can change your name but not your personali

Forum rules
FYI: This is a place for criticism, mainly used by viewers who can't voice their opinions in the comments section without being attacked by Beckie's fans.
ello101
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeckieJBrown you can change your name but not your perso

Post by ello101 »

moshmellow wrote:Tbf Coffee is currently more popular than tea in the UK but fuck knows why she thinks it would make an interesting video (and why does she think coffee makes you so hyper like it's not a hardcore drug)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
She talks about coffee like it's speed :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermilion
Learner
Learner

Post by Vermilion »

Not to be mean but I'm a bit disheartened by how Beckie has been looking lately. She has really big lines on her cheeks -- she is either really underweight or that is some serious premature aging. Her eyebags are also huge. I wish she'd take care of herself.

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

Watching her dreams and failures video and her talking about the “hate” she says most of her audience are younger than her and don’t understand her issues, are most people on here younger than her? Because I got the feeling that most people who do call her out are a similar age or older

Toki Wartooth
Talker
Talker

Post by Toki Wartooth »

Why does she always talk about such mundane things as if they are super interesting?
I like how her idea of coffee is some shitty instant Nescafe stuff... like that barely qualifies as real coffee, it's mostly sugar and fake flavour. And people don't drink coffee with the intention of "getting hyper," most people drink coffee because they like the taste of it, so that doesn't make you *special* at all Beckie. :roll:
If she knows milk breaks her out, why does she keep drinking it? And there's many other alternatives, not just soy milk. I kind of doubt it's just the milk, it's probably the copious amounts of sugar that she consumes. I don't see how replacing her hot chocolate addiction with coffee is going to solve her skin issues. She even says she likes the Nescafe because it's sugary.
Also I love how she shows the witch hazel and doesn't even explain what it is. She just says someone sent it to her and that she recommends it. Very helpful and informative, Beckie. :tu:

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

Her migraines and issues with dairy and soya all sound hormone related, she’s not plugging PayPal and patreon she’s pretty much just begging at this point especially as she doesn’t even give any perks, the idea of her not having time to play video games anymore is hilarious, too busy lying in bed because your back hurts? Which is the worst thing to do

tinybip
Learner
Learner

Post by tinybip »

Imagine a video game let's play with Beckie...

funnylikeyikes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funnylikeyikes »

On her Instastories she's keeping her cats inside for Halloween - which of course, is great news. But the one litter box? She can't be serious. Ideally you have two per cat. Her house must have cat shit all through it.
She's funny, but not funny like, 'ha ha', funny like, 'yikes'.

Toki Wartooth
Talker
Talker

Post by Toki Wartooth »

funnylikeyikes wrote:On her Instastories she's keeping her cats inside for Halloween - which of course, is great news. But the one litter box? She can't be serious. Ideally you have two per cat. Her house must have cat shit all through it.
How many cats does she have? From a quick look at her instagram I see at least 3. Either way you're right, one litter box is not enough. I can't imagine that she cleans it daily (or more) so her room/house must smell so gross. And why have so many pets when you can't adequately take care of their needs?

funnylikeyikes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funnylikeyikes »

PinkMartian wrote:
funnylikeyikes wrote:On her Instastories she's keeping her cats inside for Halloween - which of course, is great news. But the one litter box? She can't be serious. Ideally you have two per cat. Her house must have cat shit all through it.
How many cats does she have? From a quick look at her instagram I see at least 3. Either way you're right, one litter box is not enough. I can't imagine that she cleans it daily (or more) so her room/house must smell so gross. And why have so many pets when you can't adequately take care of their needs?
I think she has 4 or 5 cats... :?

Baublebee
Debater
Debater

Post by Baublebee »

Wait she has one litterbox? I had two for two cats and it wasn't enough :( each kitty needs their own place to do their business. Couldn't imagine so's many cats trying to share one box. I'm surprised they aren't constantly fighting.

And to the post asking about ages (on mobile and can't quote sorry) I'm a few years older than Beckie myself. Pretty sure most of us here are her age or older and have a lot more life experience than she does. Which considering my total lack of life experience is pretty bad.

And no time for video games!? If I can manage to play an hour a day with a three month old and still get my apartment cleaned almost daily Beckie can find time to play. She's just making things up to complain about at this point. If you really enjoy something you make time for it.

Baudrillard
Learner
Learner

Post by Baudrillard »

Someone needs to take those cats away, they're being neglected and grossly so. It's horrific.

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

They have 5 cats and they feed them the nastiest cheapest food and they don’t have proper food bowls they seem to be fed of plastic plates even though plastic can give cats skin problems and they should have ceramic or metal bowls. She says she loves cats but has no awareness of cat behaviour or body language and is always in their faces making silly noises or just generally bugging them they can’t even sleep without her annoying them she’s worse than a child

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

Now one of the keys on her keyboard has broken so that’ll be the next thing she’s begging for after a camera and the LED softboxes she had to have

funnylikeyikes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funnylikeyikes »

I'm about 9 months older than RB. It used to be why I first started watching her back in 2007/2008. I only really watched people on YouTube older than me and I felt like we had more in common. We really don't, as I've discovered, although we have had a lot of the same life experiences.

The cats thing -- I've been watching a lot of episodes of Animal Precinct on Animal Planet lately and most of the time the reason why pets become neglected or mistreated is because of the sheer number of them. I'm not saying RB is callous -- maybe just naive about the kind of environment the 5 cats she owns should have.

I wasn't joking about the litter boxes - my cat has two. You're supposed to have 2 per cat which would ideally equal 10 in RB's household. I think that's why she lets them out so much - so they don't shit and piss every where on her borrowed carpets (why are there carpets in their kitchen, again??).

Also -- her hair "style" is terrible. Whatever she's been doing lately still makes it look terribly uneven and like a friar's haircut. And the bows don't do her any favours. They're childish and tacky.

funnylikeyikes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funnylikeyikes »

Post by Guest »

Have any of you seen her new post on Tumblr titled "Questions"? She talks about wanting a life long partner, but not get married. Or spend any real time together. Or have sex. Or live together. Or sleep together in the same bed or even in the same room.
She's basically saying, that she wants a boyfriend, but doesn't actually want to have anything to do with said boyfriend and she still doesn't get why she's single??

Baudrillard
Learner
Learner

Post by Baudrillard »

Downonthecorner wrote:Have any of you seen her new post on Tumblr titled "Questions"? She talks about wanting a life long partner, but not get married. Or spend any real time together. Or have sex. Or live together. Or sleep together in the same bed or even in the same room.
She's basically saying, that she wants a boyfriend, but doesn't actually want to have anything to do with said boyfriend and she still doesn't get why she's single??
So... an acquaintance?

Does she even know what a relationship is? How having a boyfriend/girlfriend works? I mean, obviously you don't need to see each other daily, marriage isn't required, even sex is optional (I have asexual friends who are in happy relationships) but fucking hell... Good luck finding a boyfriend, Beckie.

I bet if she did find someone who 'fit' what she wants, she'd complain that they never do anything or that he's distant. It sounds to me like she just wants someone who's around to fund her hoarding habit and validate her BS. :roll:

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

I rewatched some older videos and we are pretty used to her strangeness now but I sometimes forget how off she really is. I don't even mean to make fun of her by writing this but like every single concept about the world, herself, mental illnesses she gets so absolutely wrong. And I do think she fell through the system when she was young, because she is basically antisocial. She has so many messed up behaviours and coping strategies that it's a wonder that she functioning at all. And I really think getting attention on youtube in such a young age messed with her even more. She never had to deal with real people because she got the internet. She has no idea how relationships of any kind work. You can see that she got 'more normal' during uni. Of course she suffered during that because her coping strategies for stressful and new situation are really bad, but if she stayed in a 'real world situation' with responsibilites etc she could have turned out fine. Instead she is hiding in her online world. That's why she's making so many boring videos about the most mudane things - her world is really really small.

I also rewatched the "mystery diagnosis" video and it's so so so clear what she was diagnosed with. Instead of trying to help herself - there are ways to do it - she moans about how she doesn't get emergency therapy. And yet, even though she knows how long waiting lists are, she doesn't get herself put on one. She also 'hates' counseling. What kind of cure does she want?

Also I feel her reconnecting with church - if she goes through with her beliefs - will make her even more disconnected from reality. On the other hand, I think she mentioned that in a comment that was posted here as a screenshot, she is again doing something with the only purpose of benefitting from it. She is not there to learn about god or church but to make good things happen and to meet a husband. I mean, in the end we all do things that we think will benefit us in some way but she is so egocentric about it. Like another user here mentioned - did she bake for church group yet? She wants, she moans, she takes. She never gives anything to anyone.

About the whole boyfriend thing - I think it's just another quick fix for her. She thinks if she has a boyfriend, a job and a house, all her problems will magically go away.

Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cuthere__ »

She wants to say she’s in a relationship without the relationship bit, she wants a socially acceptable Santa

Post by Guest »

HippoFriend wrote:I rewatched some older videos and we are pretty used to her strangeness now but I sometimes forget how off she really is. I don't even mean to make fun of her by writing this but like every single concept about the world, herself, mental illnesses she gets so absolutely wrong. And I do think she fell through the system when she was young, because she is basically antisocial. She has so many messed up behaviours and coping strategies that it's a wonder that she functioning at all. And I really think getting attention on youtube in such a young age messed with her even more. She never had to deal with real people because she got the internet. She has no idea how relationships of any kind work. You can see that she got 'more normal' during uni. Of course she suffered during that because her coping strategies for stressful and new situation are really bad, but if she stayed in a 'real world situation' with responsibilites etc she could have turned out fine. Instead she is hiding in her online world. That's why she's making so many boring videos about the most mudane things - her world is really really small.
I think you're absolutely right. She never seemed to have a lot of friends or join in on social activities while growing up, like an after school club or sports. It seems as if she's never been a part of a team or a group, where she would build her social skills and relationships. If the majority of her social interactions growing up was online, she would have never really learned how to act in an actual physical social setting with eye contact, body language and tone of voice (<---
I'm Danish, don't know the English word for it) and all of her knowledge of romantic relationships comes from movies, how many times has she mentioned that "Ever After" was her favorite movie??
She doesn't seem to understand that relationships and getting to know/be intimate with a partner can be complicated and requires more than 'boy meets girl, some sort of conflict where boy has to fight for girl, a single kiss during a romantic sunset, marriage, live happily ever after'..

Return to “BeckieJBrown”