Beckien0: Beckie J Frown (part 4)

Forum rules
FYI: This is a place for criticism, mainly used by viewers who can't voice their opinions in the comments section without being attacked by Beckie's fans.
myther
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beckien0: Beckie J Frown (part 4)

Post by myther »

Screenshot_2017-06-06-12-13-23.png
Her statements are contradictory. Here she says that the vet wouldn't help because it wasn't clear what was wrong. On IG she says, "the emergency vet said from our descriptions, that not much could be done."

Not once in her various descriptions of Phoebe's illness and death does she use the words "pain" or "suffering" in reference to Phoebe. She reserves these words to describe her experience of Phoebe's death.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

myther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by myther »

These two articles concisely describe victim mentality. What follows are excerpts.

The Victim Identity

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/tr ... m-identity

A person with a Victim identity is someone who has identified with whatever crises, traumas, illnesses or other difficulties have occurred in their lives, particularly those that began very early in life. They did this as a survival technique. Better to go ahead and just realize that life is a long fight with City Hall that you always lose, than to get your hopes up that you just might win every now and then. Hopes can be smashed and a person can be devastated by such dashing. So, why not just avoid the whole mess altogether by just being a perpetual victim.

The Victim will definitely complain and even whine to others about how hard life is. But if anyone ever offers him some options for changing that life, the Victim classically comes back with a long list of "Yes, but's." If we ever have the heart and temerity to confront him with this fact, he is liable to begin to cry and tell us repeatedly that we just don't understand how hard it is for him. Life is just harder for him than others-he doesn't know why-but it is. He may attach all kinds of rationales for that statement, but the truth is that he must keep believing that life is hard, or it might just get a whole lot harder.

Recovering from the Victim Identity

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/tr ... m-identity

There is generally a deep sorrow within the person who identifies as Victim. Often that sorrow is related to real traumas, real heartbreak that occured in childhood, real tragedies. Sometimes the person who unconsciously identifies as Victim is ill or physically challenged in some way. Sometimes this person has literally been victimized in some way.

But the Victim identity is not based on those heartbreaks, traumas, or challenges--though the Victim may successfully convince himself and others that they are. Rather, the Victim identity is based on an identification with victim-ness. This identification unconsciously insists that the person so identified can be nothing else but victim. Life-all of life-becomes defined by the thoughts and emotions of a pervasive as-if victim-ness, even when the Victim is not being victimized.

If the Victim believes that no one could ever possibly understand how hard it is for her, that belief is mutually reinforced, not only by the external world she's created out of that belief, but by the belief that you can't trust anyone, and the belief that if you get up you'll just be kicked back down again.

Thassarian
Informer
Informer

Post by Thassarian »

I think a lot can be said about her mentality by her actions

1) She finds out her cat is sick and, by her own admission, goes to film about it.

2) Once her cat is put down, she publishes a video on it.

With ads.

Take what you will from that.

Personally, it's obvious she has very few people to turn to and prefers to publish a video on the internet about it. And is so against meeting new people, will put ads on the video about the death of what she calls a "family member" in order to gain money off of it so she can repeat the cycle of gain YT money, be allowed to vent on the internet and repeat. This is rather than leave the house and yet a job.

DISCLAIMER:

It's totally fine for YT creators to publish videos about what they like. They are free to do so. I just believe it's telling of her character and desires that she would do this.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

overtherainbow1 wrote:
what you're saying doesn't mean in anyway that mental disorders doesn't force people to act in certain ways. you're just saying that you should apologize for hurting others (which is a decent response to hurting others but doesn't determine the reality of the harmful act it self)
conditions differ. some people have one condition others have 5
you can't judge people actions depending on how you ad an individual act because of a certain condition.

overtherainbow1 wrote:I just got to say something. beckie is right when she says that you shouldn't be against someone to this point when he is going to therapy willingly.
I know it's hard with all she is posting and I know someone will come with the sort of a story of: " i have 23 conditions and i behave better than beckie " high five to you. but we don't know what condition beckie have and what role it plays in her behavior. you should cut her some slack so she could actually be mentally ready to work on her problems in the time being.
The thing is, mental illnesses explain certain behaviors but they sure as hell don't excuse them. There's a line between being against someone and calling someone out on their toxic shit.
yes it does, that's what's wrong with this thread.
if someone mental health doesn't excuse what that disorder causes how can you call it a disorder?
what do you think mental illness mean in the first place?
there is a reason mental illness gets people out of jail sometimes. because it's an "excuse" for the crime they did
and you're both against and calling out beckie. you can do both at the same time, calling someone out doesn't mean you're not against him.[/quote]
Eh, I'm a person with a mental illness here who has been a terrible person to the people I love the most because of my disorder. Yeah, my conditions pushed me to a place where my personality and my behavior were horrific and totally opposite of how they are when I'm on medication or how they were prior to my disorder. STILL, I apologized for hurting others. Mental illnesses are not a card you can use to get away with being horrible. Yep, it's very shitty having a condition that affects your personality and the way you react to stuff, but it is very shitty as well being mistreated by a loved one when you only want to help. So, again: mental illnesses explain shitty behavior but mental illnesses do not excuse shitty behavior.[/quote]

kofi, thanks for bringing reason to this thread. I am / was in the boat as you have been. Adding to this: Noone is saying that it's her fault for having her personality traits, but it is her fault that she does not even try change anything about it and constantly attacking / hurting people WHO MEAN REALLY WELL. Assholes, who tell her to kill herself are still assholes. But so many people with genuine advice and empathy are still (for whatever reason) coming to her comment section and she attacks every single one of them.

Noone gets out of jail for their mental illness by the way, They simply get another form of punishment that fits the reason they comitted the crime better. It's the same thing: They have a different reason for doing something wrong, that doesn't change the fact that in the end, what they did, was wrong.

There are so many people in this world who suffer from mental illnesses that affect them badly, who are miserable a lot, living in horrible conditions, and most of them learned that lashing out on other people and bringing misery to others won't help their situation. Most of them are actively trying to change to get better, even if they fail sometimes.[/quote]

In my country they do get out of jail. I don't know about your country justice system but I'm sure it must make a huge different in a lot of cases.

and I never said that everything beckie does is because of her illness. I'm just saying that as long as we:
1. don't know her condition
2. know she is trying to get better with professionals help
3. know she gets paranoid and feel distressed
4. know she doesn't seem to be ready to change accordingly to what you tell her and feel resentful towards your interest in her. you have been writing about her for so long and she isn't getting any better with your kind of help.
5. she is getting an enormous amount of hate (you have to really dislike her not to see it)
the wise decision would be to cut her some slack.

it makes therapy 100 times harder when you're constantly thinking about what everyone else is saying about how horrible you're.[/quote]
I'm just throwing this in: some of Beckie's shittiest stuff (e.g.: being homophobic) isn't even caused by her disorder(s) (that no matter how many they are or how severe, they still don't excuse being a horrible person or bullying others), so don't get me started.
And I don't know where you're from, but in most countries you may receive a less severe punishment if you're mentally ill, but you do get punished anyway.

myther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by myther »

overtherainbow1 wrote:if someone mental health doesn't excuse what that disorder causes how can you call it a disorder?
A person with insight into their disorder can recognise their irrational or maladaptive thoughts and understand how these thoughts spur them to behave in ways that hurt themselves or others. Thus they can alter their behaviour. They still have a disorder, but they also have awareness of it.

Thassarian
Informer
Informer

Post by Thassarian »

overtherainbow1 wrote: In my country they do get out of jail. I don't know about your country justice system but I'm sure it must make a huge different in a lot of cases
(@Kofi, thank you for sharing, I'm not cutting your quote out because it's not relevant I just wanted to reply to this certain section.)

Hi hi hi, just saying it doesn't matter about your country because Beckie is in England and we're talking about her and her actions.

I am a Psychology and Criminology student which means I need extensive experience in the law of the UK. In the UK, we have what it known as the M'Naghten Rule which was first applied during the 1840s as a test of criminal insanity:

"That every man is to be presumed to be sane, and... that to establish a defense on the ground of insanity, it must be clearly proved that, at the time of the committing of the act, the party accused was laboring under such a defect of reason, from disease of the mind, as not to know the nature and quality of the act he was doing; or if he did know it, that he did not know he was doing what was wrong."
whether the person was able to consider their actions."

TL;DR: a person must be able to prove they did not have the mens rea (the mental capacity) to know a) what they were doing and/or b) what they were doing was wrong under the M'Naughten Rule.

HOWEVER

This is incredibly hard to prove in cases of depression and similar illnesses because they don't inherently affect the mind, perception of reality or mood of a person the way bipolar disorder or schizophrenia would. In order for a person to "get off the hook" completely, the mens rea must be proven fully. And even so, most of the time they are not let off, they simply get a lessor sentence because what they did was wrong and hurt other people.

What does this mean for Beckie?

She is still responsible for her actions as a grown woman. She clearly has a sense of right and wrong as she can explain and out forward her own views and why she thinks them. Even if it is her disorder, she has to own up and apologise for hurting people.

myther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by myther »

charlistars wrote:She is still responsible for her actions as a grown woman. She clearly has a sense of right and wrong as she can explain and out forward her own views and why she thinks them. Even if it is her disorder, she has to own up and apologise for hurting people.
But does she recognise that her behaviour is hurting people? While she may have a sense of right and wrong, if she lacks insight into her maladaptive thoughts and beliefs, then she would be incapable of applying it to her own behaviour.

myther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by myther »

Irrationally accusing others of attacking her. Responding disproportionally to perceived slights. Villifying others. Redirecting attention to herself. Portraying herself as beyond help. Rejecting help and advice. Refusing to take responsibility. Complaining endlessly.

All of these off-putting and toxic behaviours are informed by her victim mentality.

What does she achieve with these behaviours? Ultimately people reject her which reinforces her identity as a victim.

Around and around it goes.

overtherainbow1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by overtherainbow1 »

myther wrote:Irrationally accusing others of attacking her. Responding disproportionally to perceived slights. Villifying others. Redirecting attention to herself. Portraying herself as beyond help. Rejecting help and advice. Refusing to take responsibility. Complaining endlessly.

All of these off-putting and toxic behaviours are informed by her victim mentality.

What does she achieve with these behaviours? Ultimately people reject her which reinforces her identity as a victim.

what do you achieve from writing the same repetitive comments with the same repetitive explanations?
around and around it goes.
Hi hi hi, just saying it doesn't matter about your country because Beckie is in England and we're talking about her and her actions.

I am a Psychology and Criminology student which means I need extensive experience in the law of the UK. In the UK, we have what it known as the M'Naghten Rule which was first applied during the 1840s as a test of criminal insanity:
lol. we are not talking about beckie going to jail therefor no, we aren't talking about uk specifically.

Thassarian
Informer
Informer

Post by Thassarian »

overtherainbow1 wrote:
myther wrote:Irrationally accusing others of attacking her. Responding disproportionally to perceived slights. Villifying others. Redirecting attention to herself. Portraying herself as beyond help. Rejecting help and advice. Refusing to take responsibility. Complaining endlessly.

what do you achieve from writing the same repetitive comments with the same repetitive explanations?
around and around it goes.

lol. we are not talking about beckie going to jail therefor no, we aren't talking about uk specifically.
Actually we are talking about responsibility. Law is a source of how to judge right and wrong and general ideas about law can be applied to a sense of morality. If we look at where Beckie is from, ergo her culture and where she gets ideas about morality, we can see whether or not she is responsible.

I used the Rule as an example for how we generally judge whether a mentally ill person can be held responsible or not. It is not exclusive to law and is used in philosophy often.

Mesh
Learner
Learner

Post by Mesh »

charlistars wrote:I think a lot can be said about her mentality by her actions

1) She finds out her cat is sick and, by her own admission, goes to film about it.

2) Once her cat is put down, she publishes a video on it.

With ads.

Take what you will from that.

Personally, it's obvious she has very few people to turn to and prefers to publish a video on the internet about it. And is so against meeting new people, will put ads on the video about the death of what she calls a "family member" in order to gain money off of it so she can repeat the cycle of gain YT money, be allowed to vent on the internet and repeat. This is rather than leave the house and yet a job.

DISCLAIMER:

It's totally fine for YT creators to publish videos about what they like. They are free to do so. I just believe it's telling of her character and desires that she would do this.
I asked her why if TrichJournal is her online diary why she monetizes the videos

manymeows
Learner
Learner

Post by manymeows »

myther wrote:
Screenshot_2017-06-06-12-13-23.png
Her statements are contradictory. Here she says that the vet wouldn't help because it wasn't clear what was wrong. On IG she says, "the emergency vet said from our descriptions, that not much could be done."

Not once in her various descriptions of Phoebe's illness and death does she use the words "pain" or "suffering" in reference to Phoebe. She reserves these words to describe her experience of Phoebe's death.
Again she is been kind of rude as well in her responses to people who are just interested and are responding to her and wondering what happened. "WE DID WHAT WE COULD" like okay Rebecca chill

ALSO I don't know why she has that many cats if she can't afford medical bills. It's understandable to me that sometime with pets shit happens and you might not have the money to get expensive tests and emergency care when the end result is likely to be the same. However, she lets the cats outdoors which means they're at greater risk of getting feline AIDs etc which they can pass amongst each other. What if unfortunately multiple cats of hers were to get this? :(

Whateveryouwant
Learner
Learner

Post by Whateveryouwant »

Oceanic815 wrote::rofl:
... sorry. WTF is even going on in this forum. I'm getting free Psychology lessons.

Anyways, she managed to take a picture of herself while she was ASLEEP! [see main Twitter]. Damn, miss Rebecca! I knew you were talented but this takes the cake. :respekt: Did you use a drone and pre-program it to hover over your bed while you slept (with the lights on)? Do you have a camera duct taped over your bed? Did you leave cookies and milk out and a note asking :love2: Santa :love2: to take that picture after you had fallen asleep? Or?? :?

Your talents have come so far. <3

... Quit coming to this site. :tu:
does she think people believe this shit?! :rofl:

Thassarian
Informer
Informer

Post by Thassarian »

Oceanic815 wrote::rofl:
... sorry. WTF is even going on in this forum. I'm getting free Psychology lessons.:
And law ones bae :tu: No one can say this forum isn't educational.

DecentBeef
Debater
Debater

Post by DecentBeef »

Can't cope with the pain...goes to vote.

zygote
Lurker
Lurker

Post by zygote »

Don't worry, DecentBeef, she has a tweet for you!

"If I successfully voted despite these breathing problems, then so can everyone else! No excuses. YOU MUST USE YOUR VOTE! #GeneralElection"

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

zygote wrote:Don't worry, DecentBeef, she has a tweet for you!

"If I successfully voted despite these breathing problems, then so can everyone else! No excuses. YOU MUST USE YOUR VOTE! #GeneralElection"
what a fucking idiot, does she not realize that disabled people are often completely unable to vote due to accessibility issues at polling places and such? I'm from the US so maybe my experiences are different, but there are tons of reasons some people may not be able to vote even if they really want to. she just made herself seem even more ignorant :roll:

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Ugh her latest insta post moaning about all the pain SHE suffers, mentally and physically. She's the most draining person ever.

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by inkspells »

kofi wrote:Ugh her latest insta post moaning about all the pain SHE suffers, mentally and physically. She's the most draining person ever.
Tbh sometimes I wonder if she isnt exagerrating her physical pain. It makes no sense why she at 24 would have so much unless she had some sort of birth defect or chronic condition.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

inkspells wrote:
kofi wrote:Ugh her latest insta post moaning about all the pain SHE suffers, mentally and physically. She's the most draining person ever.
Tbh sometimes I wonder if she isnt exagerrating her physical pain. It makes no sense why she at 24 would have so much unless she had some sort of birth defect or chronic condition.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I don't really dare to write this one out but I wondered the same. She is always really dramatic about her wellbeing. I know that mental health problems can worsen symptoms / the feeling of pain.

Then she tells us how she "lost her voice completely" when she is talking just fine?!

However in all her recent instastories the breathing thing seems really really exaggerated. Like she is actively overdoing it. Maybe Trich taught her that she gets love and attention when she is sick. Not saying she is doing this on purpose or that she is aware of it.

Return to “BeckieJBrown”