Beckie0

Forum rules
FYI: This is a place for criticism, mainly used by viewers who can't voice their opinions in the comments section without being attacked by Beckie's fans.
Ace13
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beckie0

Post by Ace13 »

Can I just say that Rebecca has screen shotted multiple people from the trich group and posted it online to intentionally make them look bad and have her "minions" after them. So, you get what you give. If I recall correctly she screen capped something, posted it to Twitter and it had the girls full name on it. The poor girl was harassed endlessly. But the side of that story that not a lot of people saw was that RB basically told that girl to kill herself because life doesn't get better. RB is a damaging human being and should NOT be in the public eye. I can't understand for the life of me how she is on a mental health panel. She needs to stop getting away with this shit, she is going to end up pushing someone over the edge soon.

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

Sorry for the double post but isn't this what she is always yelling at people not to do?! [tweet][/tweet]

Pinkapple32
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkapple32 »

Ace13 wrote:Sorry for the double post but isn't this what she is always yelling at people not to do?! [tweet][/tweet]
She's telling people not to open up... ARE YOU KIDDING

Pinkapple32
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkapple32 »

I think I might write a complaint to channel flip listing all the problematic shit she's done. They might do nothing at all, but someone needs to kick her off her high horse, so are we able to get a list of screenshots and quotes please? Thanks

rhiaaa
Learner
Learner

Post by rhiaaa »

Pinkapple32 wrote:I think I might write a complaint to channel flip listing all the problematic shit she's done. They might do nothing at all, but someone needs to kick her off her high horse, so are we able to get a list of screenshots and quotes please? Thanks
http://somebodyanybodyeverybodynobody.tumblr.com/ has lots of screenshots!

Pinkapple32
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkapple32 »

rhiaaa wrote:
Pinkapple32 wrote:I think I might write a complaint to channel flip listing all the problematic shit she's done. They might do nothing at all, but someone needs to kick her off her high horse, so are we able to get a list of screenshots and quotes please? Thanks
http://somebodyanybodyeverybodynobody.tumblr.com/ has lots of screenshots!
Thanks!

crehnlund
Learner
Learner

Post by crehnlund »

She is a disappointment to me and other Youtubers! She needs help! Like psychiatric help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burnnn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by burnnn »

Hello guys, I'm new.
After some time of reading posts on this forum, I decided to join it.
I honestly think that something should be done. One of my friends, who suffers from depression, watches (among others) Beckie. At first I was happy that YouTube helps him as there are many creators who actually make it easier to cope with life through their content. But then, I realised how much it affects him negatively when she shows her "real" (? very negative anyway) side...
I do not think it is safe, especially for the (sometimes very) young part of her audience, who are at the age when usually you're intensively looking for role-models to follow. She is SUCH a bad influence.
In my opinion - you can fight with mental issues with positive attitude, successfully. It worked for me which means that it is a possible "way out" of problems. She really has to stop what she has been doing recently. It seems to be getting worse. And she pulls others down with her.

jitterbug
Learner
Learner

Post by jitterbug »

I don't know what I expected to feel when reading through this thread, but I definitely didn't expect homophobia/transphobia, and the Boofle reveal still has me reeling a bit!

I think Beckie is very talented at video editing and she has a creative spirit that I admire, and I also appreciate all she's done to try to inform about Trich and other mental/physical health disorders. However, I knew from early on that she had a lot of problematic things to bring to the table too. I ignored her twitter and many of her tumblr posts because they reminded me of a 13-year-old's live journal, and I focused on just her videos most of the time, but I'm supremely disappointed to find out about her stance on LGBT individuals. For all her preaching about appreciating her "battles", she's very insensitive to what others are going through!

I remember when watching her videos and seeing her obsess over every inch of her body (and her disorders and how no one appreciates them properly), and I definitely thought she was a candidate for Narcissistic Personality Disorder from that alone. Seeing all of this thread just cements that idea in my mind. She really needs to seek some psychological help, but given that she thinks she knows better than any health professional out there, it's going to be a vicious cycle where she's never going to get the help she's begging for because she feels too superior to give "the system" a chance. Antidepressants and therapy work for millions of other people out there (myself included), and her dismissing the efficacy of them both is really closed-minded.

I have a lot more to say about her relationship with Boofle, but I'll let it sit for the time being. The fact of the matter is that I can't find her redeemable for the disrespectful way she treated people who asked that she be understanding towards trans individuals in her period box video. Her reaction was completely uncalled for (and without giving much away about myself, a bit triggering). Unless she makes an apology about that, she's officially lost the respect that I did have for her. I'm just so disappointed.

crehnlund
Learner
Learner

Post by crehnlund »

I agree.. She has been so disrespectful to members of the big "Trich" group and on YouTube, Tumblr, and Twitter. I was harassed by members and herself and told I don't belong in the group, left me with devastation and depression. I have trich too, she says you'll never find a cure for it or it doesn't get better, making me feel hopeless. I am glad somebody screenshot her posts because bullying minors is illegal. Not to mention, CRUEL! I am no saint myself when I decided to go back and forth at her, I feel terrible but somebody needs to talk to her because what she is doing is not normal!

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

crehnlund wrote:I agree.. She has been so disrespectful to members of the big "Trich" group and on YouTube, Tumblr, and Twitter. I was harassed by members and herself and told I don't belong in the group, left me with devastation and depression. I have trich too, she says you'll never find a cure for it or it doesn't get better, making me feel hopeless. I am glad somebody screenshot her posts because bullying minors is illegal. Not to mention, CRUEL! I am no saint myself when I decided to go back and forth at her, I feel terrible but somebody needs to talk to her because what she is doing is not normal!

I absolutely agree with you. Someone needs to stand up to her. It's hard because she does have a strong following and she is incredibly manipulative.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

jitterbug wrote:I don't know what I expected to feel when reading through this thread, but I definitely didn't expect homophobia/transphobia, and the Boofle reveal still has me reeling a bit!

I think Beckie is very talented at video editing and she has a creative spirit that I admire, and I also appreciate all she's done to try to inform about Trich and other mental/physical health disorders. However, I knew from early on that she had a lot of problematic things to bring to the table too. I ignored her twitter and many of her tumblr posts because they reminded me of a 13-year-old's live journal, and I focused on just her videos most of the time, but I'm supremely disappointed to find out about her stance on LGBT individuals. For all her preaching about appreciating her "battles", she's very insensitive to what others are going through!

I remember when watching her videos and seeing her obsess over every inch of her body (and her disorders and how no one appreciates them properly), and I definitely thought she was a candidate for Narcissistic Personality Disorder from that alone. Seeing all of this thread just cements that idea in my mind. She really needs to seek some psychological help, but given that she thinks she knows better than any health professional out there, it's going to be a vicious cycle where she's never going to get the help she's begging for because she feels too superior to give "the system" a chance. Antidepressants and therapy work for millions of other people out there (myself included), and her dismissing the efficacy of them both is really closed-minded.

I have a lot more to say about her relationship with Boofle, but I'll let it sit for the time being. The fact of the matter is that I can't find her redeemable for the disrespectful way she treated people who asked that she be understanding towards trans individuals in her period box video. Her reaction was completely uncalled for (and without giving much away about myself, a bit triggering). Unless she makes an apology about that, she's officially lost the respect that I did have for her. I'm just so disappointed.
I really do think if she got the help, made some friends who arnt you tubers apologised for her passed actions she'd be a nicer and happier person. I wish that for her really I do. I think she's a very depressed young lady. When people are depressed they like to attack people who dont agree with them. Yeah I've been depressed and I've felt exactly the same too, i didn't want help but i wanted to be in my room the whole time and cry.
But i then got help after being sectioned. I tried to kill myself many times but i got the helped i needed and i feel so much better and happier. I have friends, a good job, my own flat and i'm going out all the time!

Dumbo
Learner
Learner

Post by Dumbo »

This is the only place I can say this without worrying about getting death threats so here it goes. She is HORRIBLE at drawing people! I just went through some of her photos and her drawings/paintings, I do like her shading style but god please study basic anatomy, this makes me cry already. It might bother me so much because I've been drawing humans since I was 6 and been to art school. But she has been to art school too, or at least study it at some point. Nobody there tried to teach anatomy? I don't know how other countries teach art stuff but here anatomy ( or basic anatomy ) was a first year thing. That was one of the basics!

Like seriously : https://twitter.com/TrichJournal/status ... 4590484480 Am I the only one who has a problem with this? The thing is it wouldn't bother me at all if she hadn't studied art in some form. But now I feel really bad and mean for saying this. :|
English is my second language so please excuse my mistakes and if I say something weird. <3

Post by Guest »

Beckie pisses me off. So annoying and attention seeking.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Dumbo wrote:This is the only place I can say this without worrying about getting death threats so here it goes. She is HORRIBLE at drawing people! I just went through some of her photos and her drawings/paintings, I do like her shading style but god please study basic anatomy, this makes me cry already. It might bother me so much because I've been drawing humans since I was 6 and been to art school. But she has been to art school too, or at least study it at some point. Nobody there tried to teach anatomy? I don't know how other countries teach art stuff but here anatomy ( or basic anatomy ) was a first year thing. That was one of the basics!

Like seriously : https://twitter.com/TrichJournal/status ... 4590484480 Am I the only one who has a problem with this? The thing is it wouldn't bother me at all if she hadn't studied art in some form. But now I feel really bad and mean for saying this. :|

Ahh I find her style okay. Its different. Its like a pop art style.

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

I like her style. I'm sure if she really wanted to she probably could draw something to look photo realistic, but eh, I'm not too hung up on the way it looks necessarily, I try to pay attention to the meaning.

I have always liked how colorful and vibrant her stuff is though.

Jegzi
Learner
Learner

Post by Jegzi »

Eh, I kind of like RB's painting style. I think she did art in high school or college, and having done something similar myself I can say that generally anatomy is not covered intensely. It's generally just still life and producing art underneath an assigned theme.

I don't think she paints to be good, I think she paints to express herself, which is fair enough.

Pinkapple32
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkapple32 »

Is it just me thinking Beckie's posting less frequently?

omgwtfbbq
Debater
Debater

Post by omgwtfbbq »

I wasn't too fond of this girl when i first saw her videos, but ever since she commented on one of my comments (on another person's video!) being snarky with me i've found that I really can't stand her. She just seems like an incredibly rude and narcissistic child.
My native language is English, I'm just probably too lazy to proof-read anything I post

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Pinkapple32 wrote:Is it just me thinking Beckie's posting less frequently?
i noticed that as well. I don't know. Maybe we made her depressed?

[tweet][/tweet]

I know it's about the whole assisted dying thing and all- but who knows!

Looks like she's been crying before she took the picture.

[tweet][/tweet]

Return to “BeckieJBrown”