Beckie0

Forum rules
FYI: This is a place for criticism, mainly used by viewers who can't voice their opinions in the comments section without being attacked by Beckie's fans.
ThatPerson
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Beckie0

Post by ThatPerson »

I think she's a really good vlogger in terms of style and editing. One of the best of that I've seen on youtube. I don't like her excessive complaining about film school, it's one of the best places to study film and it's abit of a kick in the teeth to people like me and others that aren't fortunate enough to go there. But apart from that I like her.

Cloudy
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beckie0

Post by Cloudy »

She seems really sweet :love2:

bebexo
Debater
Debater

Post by bebexo »

I love her! She is amazingly creative and gifted and has some of the most amazing editing I've seen on youtube. She really knows how to put a video together!

BeautyBunky
Informer
Informer

Post by BeautyBunky »

I'm obsessed with her!

bxtchy
Talker
Talker

Post by bxtchy »

I really like beckie0. She is so underrated! Her editing is great, and she has well structured/planned videos. Also, her videos are short, so they keep you watching.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

She was actually one of the first youtubers I watched back in like 2008 when she was best friends with a girl called sarahxxlou (who I think went off the rails.) Her videos have always been great, which considering she's been doing it for 10 years is such an achievement that she's put out consistently good content. Her trich and depression was so painful to watch, I'm glad she seems slowly to be getting out of it.

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 »

I liked her at first but then followed her on twitter and get sick of her pretty fast. She seems so mature and eloquent in her videos but her twitter when I followed her was nothing but 24/7 whiny emo angst. Posting pics of herself crying, constantly taking about how sad she is, blah blah blah. And no i don't mean just normal teen sadness and issues. It seemed as if she actually enjoyed the misery. I don't know if she legit has a mental illness and if she does, then I'm sorry. But all the whiney, wallowing in her own self pity was more than I could stand

AwkwardsWhatIAimFor
Informer
Informer

Post by AwkwardsWhatIAimFor »

That's why I unfollowed her on Tumblr. Always whining about how sad and depressed she is.
It's been a year, please delete my account already. jeeze

Beth_munday
Informer
Informer

Post by Beth_munday »

I kind of feel like twitter and tumblr are her places to vent, to be 100% honest with how she's feeling, what's going on. And because she has depression those things are really depressing.I have stopped going on her sites and only follow her YouTube because its too much for me though

TheOneWhoJustCouldnt
Debater
Debater

Post by TheOneWhoJustCouldnt »

Pretty much same. At one point I was following her on tumblr, twitter, and subscribed to her youtube channel but I had to unfollow on tumblr and twitter. It was just getting me down.
And it would really annoy me when Rebecca would always complain about being ignored by bigger youtubers. She was never happy with her piece of the pie.

LilikoiDoll
Learner
Learner

Post by LilikoiDoll »

I have followed this girl for about three years and it is evident that she is incredibly self obsessed. She hoards and cannot let go of objects and clothing because they pertain to her and her memories, she is on youtube so she can go back and look at herself throughout the years and she uses her social media to talk about herself. I believe we are all a little self obsessed or self aware to some degree and that is perfectly understandable but she is doing it in such a way that is damaging to herself. She keeps a record of how long she has been depressed or the degree of her trich has been and I do think it makes her worse, constantly looking back. She needs to stop. To be honest I have quite a bit to say on this girl but I have just joined this forum so I might just stop now.

meowtimenow
Talker
Talker

Post by meowtimenow »

I agree with you Lilikoi. I've also been subscribed to her for a loonnnng time, but I finally had to stop watching cause I couldn't stand her anymore, despite the cool and imaginative editing. I feel like she's really childish, too. like sometimes literally acts like a baby.

LilikoiDoll
Learner
Learner

Post by LilikoiDoll »

What I can't stand is that she has a platform, so many people look to her for guidance and she says that there is no point to anything, it doesn't get better and that there is no sunshine. It makes me so angry, how dare she tell people to give up on all attempts at being happy and just accept it. I went though a tough time last year and the stuff she said made me feel so much worse, I couldn't imagine if someone who was in a really bad way took that message the worst way. It makes me sick just thinking about it. She acts appallingly and I completely agree with you; childish.

somethingclever
Lurker
Lurker

Post by somethingclever »

A while ago, Becca was complaining because she thought that all the other youtubers ignored because of her depression, that her condition scared them away or whatever. Did she ever stop to think of the other possibilities? Like how she's (somewhat) mature and the "bigger" youtubers she's so eager to impress are still making sex jokes? That probably has a lot more to do with it than her illness, a lot of youtubers have struggled with different disorders.

Now on twitter, she posted a picture of her view count for her draw my life video with the caption "really guys?" How ungrateful can you be?

LilikoiDoll
Learner
Learner

Post by LilikoiDoll »

I really don't think she is that mature, I think she feigns maturity with some of her videos on more serious topics like nudity, the body and mental illness but other than I feel she is still childish as a 21 year old. I mean the girl can't make a chocolate treat. She flits from being a dopy girl to a serious woman and I just don't feel there is any sincerity in either.

I honestly don't believe it is her condition that makes people back away I do just think it is her attitude.

I feel like my posts on Rebecca are quite harsh at times but I have seen the outcomes of this girls attitude and I just don't agree with how she conducts herself.

Post by Guest »

I adore her videos. She is very talented and imaginative and her videos are interesting and easy to watch. One thing that annoys me about her though is when she posts pictures and sometimes even short clips of herself crying. I don't know, it seems quite attention seeking to me, and I also feel intrusive when I see those pictures/clips, like I wasn't supposed to see them or something...

baddog
Learner
Learner

Post by baddog »

Have you seen Beckie0's angry Feminist videos? They're very annoying, because only her side is right, and everyone else get's deleted. Once a YouTuber deletes my posts, I usually unsubscribe; but, I give Beckie more leeway, because she suffers from all kinds of mental conditions. I don't think her manic depression will allow her to accept a differing opinion.

hellcatspangled
Learner
Learner

Post by hellcatspangled »

She was on a morning telly show over here in aus, bout her selfies everyday for 6 years or something, anyway so I subbed to her and have only watched her vids about her hair condition, I thought they were a bit OTT tbh. I mean it sucks that it's an OCD and you have no hair but it's not like a life threating thing (I actually thought she might've had cancer or some autoimmune disease before they said what it was). I've not looked at her twitter, but my twitter and everyone I follow is just 100% a whinge fest, so I'll forgive her for that, I just am not into people videoing themselves crying.

baddog
Learner
Learner

Post by baddog »

'The Censorship of Beckie0'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlPcE-IyrA0

British based YouTuber, Rebecca Brown, posted a rant video claiming she was a "victim" of an EVIL man who "looked" at her exposed skin, while she was at a supermarket. Of course, this is her attempt to mimic the same old tired copycat videos of being harassed on the street. But, when she got a lot of push back in the comments, she took the position that she was "disgusted" that her viewers dared to have opposing views. Then, she began blocking comments in an attempt to stifle debate. It seems that only her opinions matter. Here's an example of my comments that she blocked; you can see that they're mild and respectful:

Again, is a man a pervert because he's attracted to a woman of legal age? Just because the woman feels no attraction in return, doesn't automatically make the man's advances illegal, inappropriate, or wrong. This is how we meet, date, and marry. Some people will meet and will feel the attraction, some will not. Exactly what are we trying to do here, criminalize our natural urges to mate and procreate?

Well, hello Bruce. I'm not sure why you chose to attack me and call me names instead of debating me; but, we all have the right to our opinions. I feel everyone here would better appreciated our discourse if you and I kept it on a professional level. I'm simply trying to point out the double standards that exist. Despite your previous insults, I will not call you names or disrespect your opinions; can you promise the same?

People who hold opposing opinions aren't "idiots", and people who claim to be "disgusted" are only trying to shut down the debate. Universities are supposed to be bastions of free thought; however, these young ladies are hearing these opposing views for the first time. Why is that?

Men control everything? This is a situation where women think the grass is greener on the other side of the gender fence. It's not. In the western culture, women have become the new leisure class: while men pay most of the taxes, women are supported by "big daddy government"; while men work the dangerous, dirty, undesirable jobs, women walk on carpet, in pleasant, air-conditioned offices, and sit in "ergonomic" chairs; while men work the majority of the overtime, women are given time off for family, childcare, pregnancy, and "lady troubles"; while men work for merit-promotions, women are employed and promoted because of mandated quotas; while women have the choice to work full-time, work part-time, or not at all, men have only one choice-to work FULL TIME; while men are drafted into combat, women are at the mall; while men are sent to prison and/or given the death penalty, women get probation and plea bargains; while men get are ROBBED in family court, women get the children, the house, and decades of support payments; while there are NO abuse shelters for men, women get ALL the tax money for more women's shelters (TRUE). Suicide is primarily a male phenomena, but their is no public outcry or government programs to address the issue. It gets worse, Universities have become hostile to men, and as a result, women are given the best educations (ex: more women attend college, 60/40); women in the very near future, will be given the best paying jobs; men will be consigned to the uneducated, unskilled menial jobs. Those of you who don't see a problem with any of this should realize that this will also effect a woman's ability to find a husband. Remember, women don't marry down; they marry across and up the economic scale. For college educated women, with good paying jobs, who wait until they're in their 30's to find a husband, this is bad news. The fact is there won't be enough eligible men to go around. The majority of the women reading this post will either have to settle for being single mothers, or marrying below their station. But, maybe that's OK, no one seems to care about male disposability. To western women, MEN have become obsolete and unnecessary. The worst part is that men are automatically thought to be the PREDATOR and women are automatically thought to be the VICTIM, each and every time! But, I'll end on this thought, one day you ladies may give birth a son, and this is the world you've created for him.

Please elaborate. Why are men, "retards"?

The last thing I want to do is put myself in a position of defending someone who acted inappropriately. However, some of these responses leave me dumfounded. I would argue that the man DID control himself. All he did was look! Why and how is that ever wrong? Have we lost all of our rights in this free society?

This reaction from Beckie is not unexpected. The Feminist have invaded most of the Universities, and young girls like Beckie are taught to be "offended" by anything a man does. Universities in the USA are currently 60/40 female and in some cases, it's 70/30. You wonder why men are avoiding college; it's because Universities are hostile to male interests. Of course, no one cares that women are getting all the college degrees. If it were reversed, there would be a huge outcry, government funded studies, and gender quotas to admit more women! But, since it's only the men who are falling behind, no one cares. Where are the Feminists in this struggle? Aren't they for TRUE equality?

The next time you check out a guy's backside, just realize that you're guilty of doing the same thing, this guy, in the Tesco did...

I guess the reason why men don't seem to get the whole "Society makes me wear clothes" thing is because of reasons like this: when I turned age 18, "Society" made me sign up for the DRAFT! I had no choice; the law forced me to do it. You see, in the USA only women have a Constitutional Right to vote, attend State colleges, apply for government grants, and gov't jobs. Men only have those rights if they're "earned"! The only way to earn those rights is to sign up for the draft, and risk your life to defend a gender that gets a pass. Why is it that there are only 8 countries in the world that make women susceptible for the draft? And, in those countries where women can serve in combat, why do only 2% of the women volunteer for those roles? By the way, most of that 2% are counted as "combat", even though they're really just support roles, close to combat areas. Let me also say that during the first World War, women were "bravely" marching for Women's Suffrage, while 37 million MEN were storming over the trenches to their certain death! Adding insult to injury, these MEN aren't referred to as "men", they are called "Soldiers". Our culture only refers to men's actions when they're negative (three MEN arrested for RAPE, or "gunman" kills victims); but, if men are killed in an accident or do something heroic, then they're just gender neutral (Police "Officers", "Soldiers", Coal "Miners", and oil "workers", etc.). So, tell me more about someone inappropriately looking at exposed skin...

TrollDoll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TrollDoll »

she is annoying really. she used to be my favorite youtubers 2 years ago but she has become a big trainwreck :?

Return to “BeckieJBrown”