What does she do for a living??

Chubbi Kitti
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Andrea's twin - Brittany

Post by Chubbi Kitti »

ScarlettAisha wrote:Both pretty, but I prefer Brittany, for her more natural appearance. Anyone knows how tall they are? Sorry if it was mentioned before, didn't see it... I'm just curious, because Andrea seems to be about the same height as MP, but I don't know her height either.

Andrea is taller than MP. You can see in MP's Lucious Lips video, when she enters the store, Andrea is behind her. You can see the difference.
:)

SheHer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SheHer »

mameha wrote:Image

I'm sorry, but these pics of her always bothered me. I think dressing up as someone else's culture to a costume party or a Halloween even is offensive. I'm sure she wouldn't wear that on a Native American reservation. Their traditional clothing isn't a costume, it's part of their culture. I know her and Andrea appreciate Native culture and probably didn't understand that to some it looks like mockery.

livelovelaughx
Learner
Learner

Post by livelovelaughx »

SheHer wrote:

I'm sorry, but these pics of her always bothered me. I think dressing up as someone else's culture to a costume party or a Halloween even is offensive. I'm sure she wouldn't wear that on a Native American reservation. Their traditional clothing isn't a costume, it's part of their culture. I know her and Andrea appreciate Native culture and probably didn't understand that to some it looks like mockery.
Have you heard of Pocahontas?? O.o how is that a mockery. That's like someone dressing up as a geisha. It's not really offensive

Puppy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Puppy »

livelovelaughx wrote:
SheHer wrote:

Have you heard of Pocahontas?? O.o how is that a mockery. That's like someone dressing up as a geisha. It's not really offensive

^^ Agreed! Dressing up is dressing up, there's literally nothing offensive about it at all! Some people...! :o

SheHer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SheHer »

Like I said, it's not a costume or a trend, it's a culture. Dressing up as another persons race, religion or culture can be offensive. Doing so would be grouping Native American traditional clothing on the same level as fairies, wizards, monsters and such. See what I'm getting at? They aren't they same. A Native American person isn't a costume. Why should a great deal of their history and lineage be mocked on a holiday that has nothing to do with their culture? There are over 500 different Native tribes but on Halloween and for parties the complexity of that culture is simplified to a cheap stereotypical costume made for amusement. Same goes with wearing a sombrero to dress as a Mexican, or kimono to look like a Japanese female or geisha, or Chinese Han clothing, or having a bindi dot in the middle of your forehead, or wearing a hijab, or an Arab sheik. The thing about it is, you are able to "dress up" as another persons background for the day but don't have to go through the oppression they deal with. It may not be your culture, but it's someone else's. When we as a society believe that when we see something that's abnormal, taboo, strange, funny, it can be made into a costume. I understand that many people dress as another person's culture because they might think it's cool. I'm sure most don't believe what they're doing is offensive, but it can be.

It's called tolerated racism. You can wear another person's traditional clothing but make sure you don't cover your skin with brown paint or have heavy eyeliner to appear as a different race (or so our own society says). I'm sure you'd agree that is offensive. Why is one ok while the other isn't? It's still crossing the same line.

Daysofsummer
Learner
Learner

Post by Daysofsummer »

I understand where sheher is coming from. There was a campaign last halloween to bring awareness to this issue. But let's face it with the amount of education between andrea and her sister you think either one of them would think logically about their actions?

OhOhSheeiila
Learner
Learner

Post by OhOhSheeiila »

I think people are too worried these days about being politically correct. It's created such a sensitive society. If I was walking around at Halloween and saw someone dressed as a stereotypical Mexican or whatevs, I wouldn't be offended. Why? It's Halloween. People are just having fun dressing up. If a kid wants to be Mexican for a day so be it, it's not hurting me or my feelings. Now if he's dressed as a Mexican AND saying racial things or actions that are specifically targeted to insult/degrade my culture/nationality, well then that's a whole other issue.

1st picture: Girl is dressed up as Lil Wayne. Question, did anyone find it offensive when "White Chicks" came out and two black men were painting their faces, acting, and dressing like "white" girls? It's really not that big of a deal. She's got they Styrofoam cup, hair, jewelry, and "grill", just like Lil Wayne...she's mimicking a famous rapper, not ALL of black culture. It's called dressing up. It's for shits and giggles.

2nd picture: The woman is dressed as a Geisha. She's not dressed as Japanese. A Geisha is a job, a profession. Do people get mad when someone dresses as a cop or a doctor? No cause it's a profession. If someone dresses up as a Geisha they are not implying the entire Japanese population are Geisha's...

3rd picture: Mexican riding a donkey. I find this hilarious and I know plenty of my family who would as well. It's a Mexican....riding a donkey. Why is this offensive? Next.

4th picture: I'm always a little iffy on people dressing up with bombs strapped to them but...he is a dressed as a TERRORIST. Are all people from the Middle East terrorists? No. Therefore this costume is not targeted at them. The only people who should be insulted by such an overused,stereotypical costume are terrorist themselves.

I highly doubt that people are judging the worth of an entire race by what someone wears on Halloween. People need to learn how to laugh and take a joke. I was planning on dressing as a Leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day carrying a glass of beer and getting drunk but I guess that might offend the Irish...

livelovelaughx
Learner
Learner

Post by livelovelaughx »

That's like me dressing up as a doctor for halloween. Or dressing as a princess, or dressing as my MOTHER. Am I mocking them? NO. Its kind of a way of admiring them. Dressing as someone from a different culture isn't racist. It can be racist if you mock it or make it a racial issue. It's a COSTUME. Stop making a big deal out of nothing. It's always the people who cry-out racism at everything that are the most racist. -_- let people be!

SheHer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SheHer »

I wasn't calling Brittany a racist. I was meaning to say that dressing as another person's culture CAN be offensive. I'm sure she didn't realize how it could be, just like the many other people who do. In fact, I'd agree that when people dress that why on Halloween or to a party, they aren't meaning to be offensive. They think it's really cool or funny. Just as there is verbal racism and discrimination, there is also visual. This form of stereotyping is tolerated in our society (because it's subtle), but it doesn't mean it's ok. It might not be a big deal to you but it can be for others who are apart of that minority group.I can tell it's getting heated on here so I'm keeping this short. I understand that race, religion, culture is a touchy subject and didn't mean to derail the thread lol. I don't think gurugossiper is the appropriate place to discuss this topic. I'm sure you guys wouldn't want me to go in depth with world history and social problems to explain how it can be offensive lol.

OhOhSheeiila
Learner
Learner

Post by OhOhSheeiila »

SheHer wrote: I'm sure you guys wouldn't want me to go in depth with world history and social problems to explain how it can be offensive lol.
Nope because at the end of the day it is all subjective and can't be proven. Some people take offense, some don't. Some might consider it an insult, others just find it to be all in the fun. Potato, pohtahto. Tomato, tohmahto.

Yes let us move on. <3

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

To help get this thread back on track...more pics!

simsim
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by simsim »

Brittany is one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen

LemonandLime
Informer
Informer

Post by LemonandLime »

OhOhSheeiila wrote:
1st picture: Girl is dressed up as Lil Wayne. Question, did anyone find it offensive when "White Chicks" came out and two black men were painting their faces, acting, and dressing like "white" girls? It's really not that big of a deal. She's got they Styrofoam cup, hair, jewelry, and "grill", just like Lil Wayne...she's mimicking a famous rapper, not ALL of black culture. It's called dressing up. It's for shits and giggles.

2nd picture: The woman is dressed as a Geisha. She's not dressed as Japanese. A Geisha is a job, a profession. Do people get mad when someone dresses as a cop or a doctor? No cause it's a profession. If someone dresses up as a Geisha they are not implying the entire Japanese population are Geisha's...

3rd picture: Mexican riding a donkey. I find this hilarious and I know plenty of my family who would as well. It's a Mexican....riding a donkey. Why is this offensive? Next.

4th picture: I'm always a little iffy on people dressing up with bombs strapped to them but...he is a dressed as a TERRORIST. Are all people from the Middle East terrorists? No. Therefore this costume is not targeted at them. The only people who should be insulted by such an overused,stereotypical costume are terrorist themselves.

I highly doubt that people are judging the worth of an entire race by what someone wears on Halloween. People need to learn how to laugh and take a joke. I was planning on dressing as a Leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day carrying a glass of beer and getting drunk but I guess that might offend the Irish...
You have majorly over simplified this, and picked some easily justifiable 'costumes.' I have seen people literally just go black face for halloween, with no other explanation other than that they're going black. The difference between this and dressing up white like in 'white chicks' is that there is no institutionalised racism against white people in the western world, even if people like to pretend like race is no longer an issue. As for jobs, people are unlikely to be offended by jobs because there has never been persecution of masses of people based on their occupation in the modern world. Also, people do go as terrorists, they also wear tea towels on their heads and rub dirt on their face and call themselves afghans... it's pretty offensive on those levels. I'm assuming you are mexican because you said you wouldn't be offended if people dressed mexican, but that's you and I don't think you can speak for everyone.

flashtrash
Debater
Debater

Post by flashtrash »

Ok, yeah, I have a total girl crush on her. She's freaking perfect. I wish we got to see more of her in Andrea's videos. Some of the old ones from way back with Brittany have either been deleted or privated.

ArielEve
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ArielEve »

mameha wrote:There are some super subtle differences in terms of eye & face shape

But I think it mostly has to do with Brittany's hair typically looking healthier
Actually that's exactly how Andrea used to look, she had some stuff done to her face, eg. Chin filler, which is why it looks like they have different face shape. Brittany's prettier, because she looks natural.

mermaid
Informer
Informer

Post by mermaid »

i actually find Andrea prettier, personally. but they both are pretty. i'm not a huge fan of andrea tbh. if brit has a channel i would probably prefer that.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

I haven't watched too many of her videos but from what I have seen... I thought her twin is prettier.. I think it'S just because of her hair. I like the dark, curly hair better with her skin tone and facial features rather than the dirty blonde thing that Andrea has going on.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I don't think she just dressed up as a Native American. It looks like a Pocahontas costume from the movie, and that is a specific person, not just a simplification of an entire culture. There's a huge difference. It's like dressing up as Mulan, I don't think it's racist. If you dressed up as a Chinese person, then that would be racist.

If it wasn't a Pocahontas costume then yeah, that's not right. I can't see the whole thing from those photos, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
imma ball til the day i fall

apple197
Learner
Learner

Post by apple197 »

An Indian neighbor of mine dressed up her daughter in a sari and she thought it was adorable! As did I. I don't think it's that bad if you want to dress up in a different occupation or wear a cultural dress. Can't please everyone I guess...

Return to “AndreasChoice”