AndreasChoice General Thread Part 1

apple197
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AndreasChoice General Thread Part 1

Post by apple197 »

I saw Phan and Andrea in the magazine too and was like...wtf? Andrea isn't all that with her curly hair (not arguing she's not pretty or anything). And it's okay for beautycrush to not like her natural hair. Lots of people hate their natural hair. I happen to have straight fine hair but I hate the texture. It's fluffy and fine and tangles every 30 minutes. It's sooo frustrating! I wish I had big curly hair. I'm of mixed race too and I'm not trying to insult people of my race or my type of hair...I just wish my hair was different. I used products and styling tools to make it look the way I wish it were.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

LemonandLime wrote:Are any of you on the Beautycrush forum? Over there people are constantly bringing up the fact that Beautycrush always wears a weave, NEVER has her natural hair out, lies about what it's like. She's said in a recent video that it's curly, when in previous videos when she wan't as big she's admitted it has a more kind of afro texture and that she hates it and that it's horrible. It's nothing but insulting to girls with afro hair, and the general view on her forum is that she's ashamed to have afro hair, and doesn't embrace being mixed.
SO... why hasn't anyone raised this point with Andrea? She doesn't wear a weave, but she hardly ever wears her hair natural either... She can hardly be called THE GURU for girls with curly hair, because she never wears her hair curly!! She said ages ago that would stop straightening her hair, so she started using a 'heatless' straightening method (which is NOT heatless btw). In her case though I don't think it's a case of not embracing being mixed, I think she just sold out and could reach a bigger audience if she did hairstyles for people with straight hair.
I think a major difference is she doesn't lie about it or say she hates curls (she has said she dislikes how unmanageable her own curls are, which is fair enough and is heard from curly haired girls from all races). I think she's always been pretty laid back about it and just said she liked to experiment with her hair and prefers how her hair looks when straight. That's totally her right and not a general expression of hatred of her heritage, or a lie. Just because some girls hide the ethnic heritage of their hair or even bash it, doesn't mean other girls can't ever touch a straightener ever again.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

courtesanlife
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by courtesanlife »

courtesanlife wrote:Does anyone know if she and Michelle are still friends? I don't see them refer to each other at all. They were both at BeautyCon and no pics together. Someone asked Michelle in her BeautyCon vlog, but she didn't answer the question.
Anybody?

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

I want to know tooo

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

Hmm, it's hard to say.

Business partner wise....Andrea's still a featured channel for MyGlam/ipsy even though she hasn't been assed to do a video in months. And they've both bowed out of FAWN it seems like.

But I haven't seen the two interact in some time.

courtesanlife
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by courtesanlife »

Oops, I should clarify. I actually meant her best friend Michelle (http://www.youtube.com/user/BellaMishella). My bad.

I actually didn't realize that she and Michelle Phan hadn't been interacting lately either.

courtesanlife
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by courtesanlife »

It was this video where someone asked her directly and she never responded.

[youtube][/youtube]

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

lol I totally got you . I was talking a out bellamishella too. I don't care or have ever seen one of Michelle phans videos but I knew Andrea works with her on like videos or something like that

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

Oh yeah, THAT Michelle. Unless their friendship is 100% offline, I'm pretty sure their relationship tanked.

They used to promote the hell out of each other's channels but they make no mention of each other at all now.

LemonandLime
Informer
Informer

Post by LemonandLime »

http://instagram.com/p/fUgeKrQFfC/

Andrea a @yolofahad (the "prince") on her instagram. They both posted a bunch of pictures with each other... people still think they're dating??

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

she became the Botox queen.

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

She got her million mark plaque today.

For someone who takes six months to make a three minute haul video, gotta give the girl props.

She's beating Kalel in the achieve-doing-next-to-nothing olympiad.

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

She gets plastic surgery so she needs time to heal.

LAhoKitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LAhoKitten »

Her lips are looking plumper than they did over a year ago...

PinaColada
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PinaColada »

she seems like a cool chick but its annoying that she does NOTHING now

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Re: Andrea looking...not so great

Post by Anonimal »

SoChoice wrote:
Aelegent wrote:how would cutting her hair make it less lifeless and flat? wouldn't shortening it make it short, lifeless and flat?

Sorry it's just most of the time on TV when they do a makeover on ethnic girls/mixed girls they always feel the need to cut the hair. But if it were a white girl, they wouldnt cut the hair
That's soooooo true. It pisses me off when they want to cut ethnic/mixed girl's hair when it perfectly fine and healthy.
But I think with Andrea, her hair is looking very dry compared to how it was a few years back. She's been coloring it a lot and still manipulates it to be straight. I think a lot of people here mean she should just start over and cut it because its not what it used to be.

She puts out a lot of videos on how to have "heatless" (whatever :roll: ) hair but rarely very uploads anything on how to have and maintain healthy curly hair. Length doesn't equal healthy hair unfortunately and you can see it on her. Actually you can compare hers to her sister's (maybe that's not fair since Brittney's colors it black, might be hard to tell idk). But she does looks much better with long hair rather bra strap length imo, and I know she'd hate to have that length again
I agree. She needs a haircut because her ends are fried. I don't think it has to do with her type of hair, it's just that her hair is really dry at the moment. And no, cutting it does not make it lifeless and flat; it depends on the hair style. If I saw a girl with fried ends (regardless of her ethnicity), I would tell her to cut most of it off.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

swirlmydanish wrote:
mameha wrote:
swirlmydanish wrote:oh wow i had no idea i just thought she was naturally busty! do you know which video it was?
Her 'Why are you Confident?" video (at the 3:00 minute mark)
thank you! :) i just saw it. i always find it funny that some girls who get implants never really show them off afterwards. i don't think i've ever seen cleavage from andrea.
I hope you don't mean "funny" in a bad way?

Jlovesmac1 is the queen of shoving implants in your face in the least classy way. I love the way Andrea carries herself in terms of this.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 »

i feel like she always looks good up close and in her videos. but in other videos and when she's doing something other than sitting in her room, she does not look put together. he make up runs and her hair looks dull. she needs to just wear it natural and stop blow drying it! i don't know why she rarely wears it curly, it looks great that way.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

She defo needs to cut about 6 inches off her hair. It still would be long.

Return to “AndreasChoice”