Anyone been to THAILAND?

mango-pasta
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone been to THAILAND?

Post by mango-pasta »

Visiting Thailand in a few months with my family, crazy excited :respekt: :love2:
Any lovely ladies on here been to Thailand before and have any tips on where to go/what to eat/what to buy/safety tips/etc?

basic_bitch
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Anyone been to THAILAND?

Post by basic_bitch »

I"m from thailand :D If you're going to bangkok, you should check out these malls:

Paragon/Central world (These are more western - like international brands)
Platinum/Pratunam market (Wholesale fashion market <3 2000+ stalls of clothes, shoes, bags and more clothes)
Siam Square (More trendy, local boutiques)

Be careful taking Tuks Tuks as if you're a tourist or going to touristy places, they'll try to rip you off. Stick with metered taxis and public transportation. If you're carrying a lot of cash, separate it into many different pockets - Easier is just carry a bit of cash and your card, you'll find atms everywhere. And a lot of the stuff is fake, good quality fake, but just be aware.

Hope you have a amazing trip :)

shopgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by shopgirl »

I am in Thailand right now actually. Have been traveling for a few weeks now. I am in Chiang Mai...not sure which part of Thailand you are in but Chiang Mai is great. Lots of temples...the White Temple and Black Museum is about a 3 hour drive from here. Chiang Mai is great for the weekend market every Saturday and Sunday night as well. :tu:
Maya Mall in Chiang Mai is really nice! We went last night to catch a movie. :) Hmm...I also recommend the Royal Park, it has acres and acres of beautiful gardens.

Have fun! :D

shopgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by shopgirl »

Double post sorry but also getting a Thai massage is also a lovely way to spend the afternoon. I recommend going to Massage therapists. They tend to give a better massage than say one you find in a mall or something. My boyfriend and I are taking Thai massage classes from certified massage therapists so thats another fun way to spend your time here.

ashleigh1
Learner
Learner

Post by ashleigh1 »

If you're still looking for somewhere to stay, I love The Surin Phuket - it is away from Patong (seedy and drunk touristy) but accessible to everywhere by taxi if you want to sight see etc

Return to “Asia”