Re: KathLameLights: Too Lazy to make Excuses -Part 11

Post by eviefrye »

PearlescentPink wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:43 pm
eviefrye wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:17 pm
Andi1424 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:14 pm
Didn't she put up a Spanish spelling video thing with Jessie? Why did she take it down?
It was Jessi who uploaded it.
To be honest, she's overdoing Spanish now, ok, she wants to look cute-clumsy but I'm a native Spanish speaker (castilian dialect speaker) and it's becoming offensive.
When all the stuff with Gabby popped up in my feed again recently, I saw some old videos from Jessi (she was blonde in them) and she sounds nothing like she does now. Now she sounds just like Kathleen, with the clumsy-cute accented voice. It seems like both of them have just become magnifying glasses for each other and have just started to pick up and add one another’s mannerisms to their own. It’s so odd to me since in Kathleen’s case, she is in pretty much the same social environment she has always been in. Where did this all come from? It sounds like she went to live in Cuba for years. I know Miami is very diverse (by far my fave part of Florida), but she doesn’t really go out much does she?
Cuban dialect of Spanish is very particular, if Kathleen has spoken Spanish to her parents and by her parents she learnt the accent, and particularities of this dialect. I have friends from Venezuela that have been living in my city in Spain for years and they still have the accent and still say words in their Venezuelan dialect.
me quiere hasta tu hermana,
me quiere nana nana

DAR DE BAJA UNA TARJETA, CERDA

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

Post by dubstepford wife »

I'm of the unpopular opinion that Briogeo is super over-hyped and their products aren't that good, but I can't deny their popularity. But Briogeo is a *haircare* brand, and yet they're releasing a collab that is just exorbitantly overpriced essential oils? With crystal dust in them? Are they serious? How the mighty have fallen in the age of social media influencers.

Can the crystal thing just die already? If you think crystals are pretty and add visual interest to your space, cool, but stop pushing this freaking pseudoscience of how if you have anxiety or depression, all you need are crystals, aromatherapy, and the horoscope. Because that's working so well for Little Miss I-Never-Leave-My-House Lights over here. In fact, I feel like most of the crunchy granola hippie types I see on social media who push alternative medicine/naturopathy are some of the most unhealthy people out there.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

Essential oils are my biggest pet peeve... they're actually harmful to pets, etc. KATHLEEN DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I just rolled my eyes (and not my rollerball).

I don't want my SIL's young living crap and I don't want this either.
That Girl!

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by sparkles »

Every collab she does is just so boring..

Cali Flob
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cali Flob »

I love love love KL

But damn she's gotten so rotten. Where was yesterday's video? Her Briogeo collab is stupid. And in my opnion she missed the mark on the So Jaded palette. I WOULD have bought it because i love Colourpop and the packaging, thats no thanks to her obviously, i mean she can't even redecorate her beauty room! Lmao! When her own husband is an unemployed contracter 😂😂

But she has truly pissed me off and I was a loyal subscriber 😞
I mean its as simple as "hey guys I'm overwhelmed with my other business ventures, i can only upload once a week" but nah she IS TOO LAZY TO MAKE EXCUSES.

yarn-over
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yarn-over »

I know we call Kathleen lazy a lot (and hot damn does she earn it), but I feel like the way she uses all this crystals/astrology stuff is just profound mental/emotional laziness. It's one thing to browse horoscope memes for a quick laugh and fiddle with a smooth hunk of amethyst when you need to help calm yourself down while you wait for your quick-acting meds to kick in. It's another to just sit back and let yourself be told what and how to think about and relate to people just based on their birthday, or to think that just holding a rock will have any kind of positive, verifiable impact on a diagnosed medical condition. Let people show you who they are themselves and get medical help for medical problems. If alternative therapies used in conjunction with qualified medical treatment increase your quality of life without detracting from that treatment, then that's awesome, you do you. But don't skip the medical treatment part, because that's the part that's going to actually help you.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ok GUISE... look forward to a room makeover vlog. (do you hear my 'sarcasm' in my fake excitement??) WHO CARES. Leave your damn house, do something that isn't for the internets... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smarlo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 am
I just rolled my eyes (and not my rollerball).

I don't want my SIL's young living crap and I don't want this either.

OMG your SIL is the same? I despise mine and her pushes to purchase Young Living... :? :rofl:

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

she shut up after a year of pushing. I did mute her on FB though. LOL
That Girl!

WestCoastBlonde
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by WestCoastBlonde »

Haven't caught up with this girl in a while...

She made a Nail Polish Brand. And then she made a new nail polish brand? What happened to the first one?
Also, she preaches fragrance free skincare and how she has the most sensitive skin ever and then comes out with a collab of essential oils?

What else am I missing?

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

She is not a dumb as she seems. Go look at her ratty hair on her IG account. She suddenly decided to have hair hair professionally done just in time for the Briogio announcement. Well, if the hair care was as good as she says, her hair wouldn’t have looked so damaged. She’s a fraud.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I can't believe the week leading up to her BrioGeo launch and meetup she literally UPLOADED NOTHING? Where is that clothing haul she promised to film in her bedroom? Her head is as full of excuses as the knots in her hair... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

nelly_lu
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nelly_lu »

All of this just brings me back when she moved back to Miami: she was supposed to stay at Danny's dad house for a month, which she had pre-recorded for, and after the house was postponed FOR MONTHS she got a corner in a room that she even decorated for Halloween and kept on filming. While the pre-recorded videos were going, she was only uploading twice a week, but the moment she got that tiny corner she just went back to her usual self. Now she has a huge house but obviously hasn't upload in weeks because she's remodeling her beauty room. No clothing haul in her bedroom, no videos in her living room, garden, pool. But hey, the Briogeo collab in toxic substances for your face was up on time. And this fucking saddens me, I have to say, because when the thing with the move happened, she was posting some personal updates where she looked really sad, and anxious, but she always kept going. Now she's just tired and unmotivated, she's not going to convince me otherwise.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't get it either. Why even promise a nighttime routine video in her bathroom or a clothing haul in her master bedroom while her beauty room is being 'redecorated' why? And by Danny.. if you're not going to do it?

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I mean seriously.... NO videos until her room is done? What the Duck?! :roll: :roll: :roll: :?

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

WTF was that smoke alarm chirping throughout the whole video? Did she not hear it?
That Girl!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smarlo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:55 am
WTF was that smoke alarm chirping throughout the whole video? Did she not hear it?
Ylette has it in her house for months now too (It was always in her IG stories) they need to check their fire alarms :roll: I guess both sisters are lazy??

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

It drives my dogs insane along with me. They try to run away when the smoke alarm chirps. That noise would make me crazy!
That Girl!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smarlo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:21 am
It drives my dogs insane along with me. They try to run away when the smoke alarm chirps. That noise would make me crazy!
At the first chirp I'd be getting batteries or checking it. WHATEVER is necessary to make it stop!

Return to “KathleenLights”