Continue here :tu:

lippies79
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLies--Part 7

Post by lippies79 »

She said on snap that the MUG highlighter palette is going to be $39. Seems expensive for Makeup Geek, I mean you can get the Anastasia Glow Kits at Sephora for $40 and that has 4 shades.

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

lippies79 wrote:She said on snap that the MUG highlighter palette is going to be $39. Seems expensive for Makeup Geek, I mean you can get the Anastasia Glow Kits at Sephora for $40 and that has 4 shades.
I agree, plus there will be shipping on top of that.. So it'll be close to $50 for 3 shades... I liked the colors in it, but I'll pass on it cause of the price point

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

I used to buy the stuff KATHLEEN "created" but not this palette. It looks too frosty. Almost like kid's makeup. And i thought Makeup Geek makes her skin break out! :? :o :rofl:

princessv
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessv »

39$ for her highlighter palette?? Das expensive Kathleen :o :o

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:I used to buy the stuff KATHLEEN "created" but not this palette. It looks too frosty. Almost like kid's makeup. And i thought Makeup Geek makes her skin break out! :? :o :rofl:
They do look frosty! They might be pretty as eye shadows rather than on my face, but I'd never pay $39 + shipping for 3 MUG eye shadows!

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

3 "basic" highlighters for that price... There's just too much highlighters in the market right now and hers are too "basic". I get it because I don't see her wearing weird colored highlighters so what else could she create. The recent ABH highlighters are more interesting. I don't like the packaging either.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I wonder how much product you get? If it is more or less than the glow kits. MUG palettes are always expensive, because other brands reduce prices on palettes but Marlena makes them cost more.

I think the shipping depends where you are located because it has always only been $1.99 for me and that is better than most companies.

That Anastasia moonlight kit looked awesome! But yeah Kathleen would never come out with something out of her normal sunkissed glowy boring blah.

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

anyone think its funny in today's video she is wearing a watermelon tee (similar to Jaclyn's pineapple one) and Kathleen's is $9 and Jaclyn's was $130 :rofl:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lippies79 wrote:
kathleenlightsssss wrote:I used to buy the stuff KATHLEEN "created" but not this palette. It looks too frosty. Almost like kid's makeup. And i thought Makeup Geek makes her skin break out! :? :o :rofl:
They do look frosty! They might be pretty as eye shadows rather than on my face, but I'd never pay $39 + shipping for 3 MUG eye shadows!
Yeah too expensive for basic highlight shades I am sure I already own within my already existing collection.. :?

carbqueen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by carbqueen »

What do you guys think of her makeup in the latest empties video? :shock:
I find that it is very unflattering and makes her look washed out and almost sickly with all of the dark pink under her eyes. And the lip combo is just a no- it seems as though there is product buildup on the inner part of her lips. And the over the top highlight, especially on the tip of her nose.. I don't think that is a very good sell for the upcoming palette.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The nose highlight needs to STOP! :roll:

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

That nose highlight was AGGRESSIVE in the F21 haul. It looked like she'd been doing lines!

Succubus19
Learner
Learner

Post by Succubus19 »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:The nose highlight needs to STOP! :roll:
It's so unflattering...it doesn't create a "button nose" effect, but rather more of a squared off tip. The highlight on her cheeks in her Forever 21 haul vid looks really metallic as well. If this was supposed to sell me on her palette, then it's having the opposite effect.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

It is one thing to highlight a nose...... But what these gurus do is put a frosty shimmery dot on their nose that looks so unnatural and out of place. It doesn't look glowy at all! They all look fucking ridiculous like they are all vying to lead Santa's sleigh with their nose highlight that shines to the heavens.

That cheek palette should be more like $25 at most not $40. Marlena is dumb, charging high prices sahing this is what it costs I swear. While being published in Forbes in an article saying MUG rakes in $1billion in profits.

No, you can't charge more than what people think your product is worth and are willing to pay. $25 is more reasonable, and $15 is more realistic. That is how much the Makeup Revolution 3 pan palette is and her products seem on par with that company only MUG has shitty packaging.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Succubus19 wrote:
kathleenlightsssss wrote:The nose highlight needs to STOP! :roll:
It's so unflattering...it doesn't create a "button nose" effect, but rather more of a squared off tip. The highlight on her cheeks in her Forever 21 haul vid looks really metallic as well. If this was supposed to sell me on her palette, then it's having the opposite effect.
She looks sweaty/greasy with so much highlight on. If that's her palette, I'll pass. :?
luchadora0112 wrote:It is one thing to highlight a nose...... But what these gurus do is put a frosty shimmery dot on their nose that looks so unnatural and out of place. It doesn't look glowy at all! They all look fucking ridiculous like they are all vying to lead Santa's sleigh with their nose highlight that shines to the heavens.

That cheek palette should be more like $25 at most not $40. Marlena is dumb, charging high prices sahing this is what it costs I swear. While being published in Forbes in an article saying MUG rakes in $1billion in profits.

No, you can't charge more than what people think your product is worth and are willing to pay. $25 is more reasonable, and $15 is more realistic. That is how much the Makeup Revolution 3 pan palette is and her products seem on par with that company only MUG has shitty packaging.
Yes very Rudolph indeed. Nose tip highlight is OK, um, but, uh, yeah- blend it out! :tu:

And I agree with you on the palette price tag as well, $25 sounds a lot more reasonable- though $15 is probably hitting the nail on the head. Would YOU pay more than $5 a highlight pan anyway from some place cheap? All her COLOURPOP collabs range in thE $5-$6 realm anyway... :roll:

steffxmermaid
Lurker
Lurker

Post by steffxmermaid »

It looks ridiculous. I remember in an old video she didn't like to highlight the tip of her nose... she says it in this video right here in 11:34

and i love love how she did her face makeup in that video.

[video][/video]

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

:roll: :rofl: hahah you would never know looking at her vids now that she "isn't a fan" of highlighting the tip of her nose! Someone should tweet her that

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Is this a trend now? Highlighting the tip of your nose as if it were a Christmas ornament you can see from Space? :? :rofl:

In Haclyn Hill's last video she actually highlights the hell out of her upper cheekbones and deigns to say- oh no texture. (Only because of here I'm sure) HELLO, YES. It looks terrible! :roll:

NeverEnoughLipsticks
Learner
Learner

Post by NeverEnoughLipsticks »

Her latest video of the UD foundation wear test was quite disappointing to me. Unless I missed it, she didn't go outside in the heat and walk around or even break a sweat. Of course your makeup would look pretty good all day if you are just chilling in your air conditioned house all day........

Return to “KathleenLights”