KathleenLies--Part 5

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLies--Part 5

Post by Helloitsmeee »

ximenag91 wrote:I think Kathleen isn't passionate about makeup anymore... when was the last time she posted a tutorial? Maybe she got bored? I don't know.
I so agree with this. She's only in it for the $$$ now. It's a shame

Slothgirl
Talker
Talker

Post by Slothgirl »

I don't really get why she kept so many highlighters. Basically her only point was, that she likes to use different products in her videos. Okay, I get that, buuuut... She always buys a ton of stuff and especially face products! So she could've easily gotten rid of way more products, since she'll probably do another haul that contains a few face products in the next 2-3 months.
English is my second language
Live Slow, Die Whenever :tu:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Her reasoning never makes sense. And her excuses are getting so lame now!

Her throat was sore one day, so she couldn't film. Then the NEXT day she woke up fine and couldn't film because she had no power due to rain and flooding. WTF???

She has done videos before where she was sick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPLncF8DKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTMydl751l0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5AfuQNwR3o

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

luchadora0112 wrote:Her reasoning never makes sense. And her excuses are getting so lame now! Her throat was sore one day, so she couldn't film. Then the NEXT day she woke up fine and couldn't film because she had no power due to rain and flooding. WTF???

She has done videos before where she was sick.
Exactly. OG Kathleen would have gone to a family's home and charged her battery there then come home with a plan already in mind to film in front of her spacious windows. Trust me, that is ENOUGH light. :roll:

ximenag91
Learner
Learner

Post by ximenag91 »

She used to loveeee filming videos, you can tell she actually enjoyed it before it became her "job" Now she's just lazy and films half-assed videos (wtf was that last ipsy bag unboxing???)
Get it together Kathleen!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ximenag91 wrote:She used to loveeee filming videos, you can tell she actually enjoyed it before it became her "job" Now she's just lazy and films half-assed videos (wtf was that last ipsy bag unboxing???)
Get it together Kathleen!
She is even over filming Ipsy she had a vote on Twitter to see if she should keep or stop her Ipsy unbaggings.. :roll:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

So I tried something funny... if you go to her channel and click on the search bar, type in "sorry"
:rofl: HOLY SHIT THIS GIRL APOLOGIZES A LOT! and it's usually for lighting

I can't believe the huge change I've seen in her! I'm sorry but when people in other threads reference her and make comparisons acting like she is so dedicated, uploads regularly even when sick... I am like wtf?!?! where??

So in January if she stuck to her MWF schedule she should have uploaded 13 videos. She only uploaded 10. So essentially took a week off from uploads, and if we want to be real generous we will give that to her because her bday is in January.

Now taking a closer look at those 10 uploads:
-1st video of the month was sponsored by NARS and she says in the comments she couldn't upload an extra unsponsored video.
-4 minute "update" video with disabled comments
-2015 faves
-Boxycharm unboxing. Debatable if it is sponsored, but I personally consider it to be. They send her the box for free to review it, not just for shits and giggles and she creates sponsored content for their channel. At the very least, a highly affiliated video borderline sponsored.
-17 min video about setting powder... better than the previous content but kind of bullshit because she basically took all the information from Gaby, talked endlessly, and did a demo
-drugstore haul (1 month after the last drugstore haul, and still no updates on the original products)
-Makeup tutorial similar to others featuring her new colourpop collabs... not sponsored but might as well be
-ipsy unbagging (seriously why does she does she still do these? she doesn't even demo the products!)
-10 minute video on Lumiere 2 launch... not sponsored but c'mon now
-drugstore tutorial, looks nice, but nothing ground breaking or insanely different from previous tutorials

So for January she did 3 tutorials, 2 unboxings, 1 haul, 1 faves, 1 review, 1 product launch, and 1 update.
By Kathleen's count she did 1 sponsored video w.o extra upload.
By my count she did 4 sponsored/or practically sponsored videos. And if you count those in addition to regular uploads she should have uploaded 17 videos for January instead of 10, or 8 videos if you don't count the lumiere+update video as regular content.

I'm sorry, but in my book that is slacking hard core. And since January she has missed 1 or 2 uploads for February and March, and I didn't even check what types of videos she actually uploaded.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It seems like I'm a fan- and that's because I used to be. The reason why I trash her now and stalk this thread is because she has become so different. She used to reply to my comments and questions, even if it took a day or two. I know she is busier, has more subbies now, whatever.. but even at 1.5M she would respond. I even tried to comment a really sweet thing on her insta- which she would normally have replied to and NOTHING... :| :x :(

princessv
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessv »

I subscribed to her channel like a year ago and I was so amazed by it, I really liked the way she talked about products and I remember watching a ton of videos of hers. She always had nice hairdos and shirts and you could tell how much passion she put in her videos. Now her channel literally sucks. In the past months she had almost every time greasy ass hair, terrible skin, dirty clothes. and let's not even talk about the half assed videos she managed to put up. I get that she's been moving and I know how much stressing it can be but c'mon... It's your job after all. If I'm very sick and I have to go to class I suck it up and do my makeup and make myself at least presentable. And most important, I go there. I do not complain "oh I'm sick I can't go, I'm sorry I'm staying home.." My parents spent a lot of money for me to go to Uni so I go, doesn't matter if I don't feel good. Because that's what I have to do. Kathleen has to work from home, she doesn't even need to leave the house for god's sake. and she still complains. She has become so lazy it's pathetic at this point.
I'm still subscribed because I keep hoping she'll go back to uploading nice content and tutorials, but it seems to me that day will never come.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Return to “KathleenLights”