KathleenLies Part 4

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: KathleenLies Part 4

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

^ the HD quality did improve from 2013 to 2014 :tu: but yes, the content has actually decreased.

I was disappointed when I saw what her video for today was in my feed.... :roll:

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

I feel like she's self-conscious about doing Youtube videos with other people around, so when she films, she tries to get them done ASAP, and it shows. I mean, a few GGers have already pointed out that her best videos were ones that she did while Danny was deployed, when she was by herself in an empty house.

In a way, I kind of get it though. Not everyone "gets" Youtube. I bet Kathleen probably has some people in her life who probably give her funny looks when she's like "yeah, my job is to put makeup on in front of a camera and post it online for millions of people to watch."

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Chiyou wrote:I feel like she's self-conscious about doing Youtube videos with other people around, so when she films, she tries to get them done ASAP, and it shows. I mean, a few GGers have already pointed out that her best videos were ones that she did while Danny was deployed, when she was by herself in an empty house.

In a way, I kind of get it though. Not everyone "gets" Youtube. I bet Kathleen probably has some people in her life who probably give her funny looks when she's like "yeah, my job is to put makeup on in front of a camera and post it online for millions of people to watch."
I'd probably be like that too... :oops:

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

^^ ditto. lol! :tu:

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ :tu: ;)

everdrean
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by everdrean »

Her make up was pretty shitty in this video, especially her lip colour. And she was a hot mess, all over the place, I wouldn't have uploaded this video if I were her. It was boring and uninformative, Kathleen get your shit together!!!!! :roll: :?
Winter is coming!

jeangenie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by jeangenie »

it would be nice to not hear her complaining for once and pointing out the negative (the shirt & hair) also; why did we watch her put foundation on with that brush if it wasnt a foundation brush anyways? that was kinda annoying thing to do for a first impression.

mermaiddreamin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mermaiddreamin »

so i just saw the artis brush video and as soon as it started i immediately thought about checking this thread, which is sad considering she was my fav YTer a few months ago. now i'm just like -_- wth is the point of complaining and pointing out everything wrong with the video? does she do it because she knows other people are going to do it? or so the minions can be like 'oh no kat we love you no matter what' 'you can wear anything and still look good' blahblahblah. she reminds me of those skinny girls that are constantly like i look fat just so people can praise them. i probably wouldn't even have noticed the raggety shirt if she didn't point it out, i didn't watch the video for the shirt, i wanted to see the review. ultimately i think the video was fine, i actually like that it was a genuine first impression; but it was so unprofessional to hear her complain ABOUT HERSELF.

Basista182
Debater
Debater

Post by Basista182 »

did no one else notice her mustache in her latest video.... :o

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I KNEW IT! Her new collab is, surprise surprise, with Colourpop. It's never with a GOOD brand. (cough-cough, Becca, Charlotte Tilbury.. etc) :roll:

princessv
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessv »

Ok but for real, who would want to collab with her rn? Her channel has been a mess in the past few months.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ True!

Also why does her voice sound so sugary sweet & young in her 2013 videos and 2 years later it sounds deeper and raspier? Anyone else notice that? ...

MakeupJedi
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupJedi »

I was hoping her new collab would be with makeup geek or Morphe Brushes....Oh well, I haven't try the colourpop eyeshadows. :|
"May the MAKEUP be with you"

caro_lina
Learner
Learner

Post by caro_lina »

Charly wrote:Slightly OT but do you guys find her and Danny's relationship odd? Like not the age difference but they seem like very different people with little in common? Danny seems the alpha type to go after a lady with a lot of sex appeal something kat just does not have ..it really wouldn't shock me if he were cheating on her..kat is not ugly by any means but she is too homely for him
not particularly, we don't know danny that well! from what ive see in fact he seems very sweet. i understand what you mean, two of my friends who are dating have a similar dynamic yet they are sweetest couple! so i doubt he'd cheat, there's no evidence and also him and kathleen have been together for a while, im sure they're fine.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

RE: Danny and Kathleen's relationship

I see their relationship as the "Knight in Shining Armor and Damsel in Distress" dynamic. If you look at Kathleen's Tumblr page, she has said multiple times how Danny "saved" her through her tough times, which I imagine was around the time of her parents' divorce.

Like you said, Danny does seem like the alpha type. So he probably enjoys being the "manly man" who saves the pretty girl and Kathleen likes being the one who is saved. Kathleen has also admitted to being attracted to "manly men".

They have a very "traditional" (in terms of their gender roles) relationship, if you ask me.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Charly wrote:Slightly OT but do you guys find her and Danny's relationship odd? Like not the age difference but they seem like very different people with little in common? Danny seems the alpha type to go after a lady with a lot of sex appeal something kat just does not have ..it really wouldn't shock me if he were cheating on her..kat is not ugly by any means but she is too homely for him
I've often wondered if he has a secret crush on ylette, Kat's older sister? She has a "less homely" body but tacky for my taste.. :? :rofl:

caro_lina
Learner
Learner

Post by caro_lina »

Charly wrote:From what I've seen danny
caro_lina wrote:
not particularly, we don't know danny that well! from what ive see in fact he seems very sweet. i understand what you mean, two of my friends who are dating have a similar dynamic yet they are sweetest couple! so i doubt he'd cheat, there's no evidence and also him and kathleen have been together for a while, im sure they're fine.
From what I've seen he doesn't seem sweet at all...there's no evidence that's why I'm speculating...this is a gossip forum after all
that's true, to each his own, i just think speculating their marriage is a bit weird. even if they have traditional roles, it doesn't really matter cause as long as they both are happy with their dynamic i don't see the issue

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Well IDK about anyone else but I actually like the colors of her new quad. They are different enough from her last collab, the theme makes sense and ties in well. Telepathy is a weird name for gold shadow and doesn't really fit but whatev.

But I won't be purchasing because their shadows dry out too fast for me. I don't get much use out of them.

WhackyJackie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by WhackyJackie »

I'm sure if he cheated on Kat , there would be a lot more comments on her instagram , twitter , and youtube channel , people love creating drama . Its like the baby thing all over again. If a youtubers husband cheated on her and the person they cheated on her with found out she was on youtube , she's going to get really weird comments about it.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think that telepathy CP shade is hideous :?

I do like the other 3 though.. so maybe? :?

Return to “KathleenLights”