KathleenLights

Re: KathleenLights

Post by Guest »

Maybe her next thread could be called "sponsored pony, where the light don't shine"

Youngturtle
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Youngturtle »

OMG a DV claim is really serious and not to be taken lightly. Lmao all this just makes me digress to my post about her growing up. She's pathetic lol, and these idiot minions are too blind to realize that they're these YTers' cash cows.

Also to the minion who was lurking... Hi! Too bad you're too scared to actually say anything to any of us. If we're low lives, then what are you? It doesn't really make you any better If you're just looking thru this thread. It makes you quite creepy, actually.
GUHREEN JOOS!
Hold on babybairz my face is itcheeeeee

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

The DV shaming/ related posts have been deleted. Hopefully the discussion will return to normal, civilized gossiping :D

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

Nesoi wrote:The DV shaming/ related posts have been deleted. Hopefully the discussion will return to normal, civilized gossiping :D
Thanks Nesoi <3

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Does it take time for the thread to update because I still saw the post on page 11.

Dulcet Elixir
Informer
Informer

Post by Dulcet Elixir »

jessica3llen wrote:And just to clarify I only used those words because it is the title of the book she keeps talking about that changed her life, not literally calling those accusations "small stuff" and tired of bs already made a great post about it. So sorry I used those words because that isn't what I meant.
I came here looking for a post mentioning that book. I feel like it's sponsored because I saw another YTer talk about it a day or two before I watched Kathleen's video and thought it was odd. The other girl really seemed to be plugging it too.

babygirl127
Informer
Informer

Post by babygirl127 »

What's her snapchat name

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Dulcet Elixir wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:And just to clarify I only used those words because it is the title of the book she keeps talking about that changed her life, not literally calling those accusations "small stuff" and tired of bs already made a great post about it. So sorry I used those words because that isn't what I meant.
I came here looking for a post mentioning that book. I feel like it's sponsored because I saw another YTer talk about it a day or two before I watched Kathleen's video and thought it was odd. The other girl really seemed to be plugging it too.
she has mentioned it in multiple videos now, and showed it in instagram posts, and maybe on her snapchat too? I just feel like it is everywhere! I like that some of these girls read, and recommend books but. Honestly, the ones Kathleen recommends are not my cup of tea. Anna and the French Kiss? And now this self-help book which according to its reviews is just stolen material, and for the most part obvious.

The 1-star reviews of the book on Amazon are really amusing to me.

"What this flimsy "book" (one page=one chapter) offers is simply an opportunity for readers to confirm their own suspicions about what should matter in an overly-crowded individual lifespan. There is nothing here that an individual of average intelligence and average writing skills couldn't come up with on his or her own. In fact, having read the book, you're unlikely to remember any of its cliches', banalities, and truisms. If, on the other hand, you took 5-10 minutes a day to write down the things you value in life, you would be much the wiser."

oh and her snapchat is kathizzle11

ETA: Just started watching her random favorites, and I really don't like how she just glosses over the video being a "collaborating with crest" she even like mumbled it! Just come out and freaking say it was a crest sponsored video! Or better yet be honest, it was an AD. Plain and simple it was an ad to sell white strips, because none of the rest of the video was informative. She already had all her makeup on except her lipstick.

berrysweetheart

Post by berrysweetheart »

babygirl127 wrote:What's her snapchat name
Kathizzle11

Joni_M
Informer
Informer

Post by Joni_M »

jessica3llen wrote: Just started watching her random favorites, and I really don't like how she just glosses over the video being a "collaborating with crest" she even like mumbled it! Just come out and freaking say it was a crest sponsored video! Or better yet be honest, it was an AD. Plain and simple it was an ad to sell white strips, because none of the rest of the video was informative. She already had all her makeup on except her lipstick.
Yes, totally agree. It's bullshit not to be candid about the fact you took money to shill white strips. It is NOT a "collaboration" in the strictest sense any more than any employee "collaborates" with his boss to make money. Give us a break, Miss Always Keep It Real. Throw some of your oft-talked about "light" onto your sponsorships so your subscribers, many of whom are probably not the brightest bulbs, understand that you might endorse crap you don't believe in simply because you're being paid, like an actress.

As for the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" book, the author died a while ago so I can't imagine who would be asking her to push it on her channel. The publisher or his widow, I guess. Anything is possible. But considering Kathleen owns a pile of cliched, treacly fiction by that hack Nicholas Sparks, "Small Stuff" would be like reading Tolstoy in comparison!

Dulcet Elixir
Informer
Informer

Post by Dulcet Elixir »

Joni_M wrote:As for the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" book, the author died a while ago so I can't imagine who would be asking her to push it on her channel. The publisher or his widow, I guess. Anything is possible. But considering Kathleen owns a pile of cliched, treacly fiction by that hack Nicholas Sparks, "Small Stuff" would be like reading Tolstoy in comparison!
I just thought it was a weird coincidence that I'd see two people a few days apart post favorites videos and include the same book, one of which hadn't done a video in a long time and straight up admitted to hating to read. The other girl did, I think, mention a friend of hers had told her to read it (I didn't take that at face value after seeing Kathleen mention it too) though so who knows I guess.

Joni_M
Informer
Informer

Post by Joni_M »

Dulcet Elixir wrote:
Joni_M wrote:As for the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" book, the author died a while ago so I can't imagine who would be asking her to push it on her channel. The publisher or his widow, I guess. Anything is possible. But considering Kathleen owns a pile of cliched, treacly fiction by that hack Nicholas Sparks, "Small Stuff" would be like reading Tolstoy in comparison!
I just thought it was a weird coincidence that I'd see two people a few days apart post favorites videos and include the same book, one of which hadn't done a video in a long time and straight up admitted to hating to read. The other girl did, I think, mention a friend of hers had told her to read it (I didn't take that at face value after seeing Kathleen mention it too) though so who knows I guess.
Oh, it's definitely possible. After watching YT for a while and seeing the seamy underbelly of how things work, it's hard NOT to be suspicious of two channels suddenly plugging a 20-year-old novelty book they both just found out about. YT has made me suspicious of EVERY little mention any product gets on social media. Like on Instagram, you'll suddenly see all these D-List celebrities plugging various protein shakes, waist trainers and other assorted rando crap and you realize, "Ohhhh, it must be time to pay dem bills! They're all hawking the same garbage!" It's all so obvious, except to their loyal, dim-witted fans who are in denial that their Preciousssss could ever do anything so dirty as take money to endorse a product they don't even like.

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

Joni_M wrote:
Dulcet Elixir wrote:
Oh, it's definitely possible. After watching YT for a while and seeing the seamy underbelly of how things work, it's hard NOT to be suspicious of two channels suddenly plugging a 20-year-old novelty book they both just found out about. YT has made me suspicious of EVERY little mention any product gets on social media. Like on Instagram, you'll suddenly see all these D-List celebrities plugging various protein shakes, waist trainers and other assorted rando crap and you realize, "Ohhhh, it must be time to pay dem bills! They're all hawking the same garbage!" It's all so obvious, except to their loyal, dim-witted fans who are in denial that their Preciousssss could ever do anything so dirty as take money to endorse a product they don't even like.

Like the Michael Todd crap EVERYONE was using a year or so ago. I swear...every channel had that as their favorites all at the same time!! Does anyone know of any guru that still actually uses that stuff now in their skin care routine? I don't know of a single one!

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

The thing about the E! Style collective video, is it was an ad plain and simple. She didn't address it. She kept calling it a COLLAB! Well youtubers do "collabs" all the time. In fact Kathleen's favorites video was a collab with EssieButton. This Red Carpet Glow was not a collab, it was an ad. Before Kathleen did this I had never seen her ONCE mention ANY crest products. In fact, I am hard pressed to find any video on her channel where she talks about teeth whitening.

And for the book. That is the problem with her channel. Kathleen has broken our trust, as many other youtubers have. So now when they show this book, we don't even know if it is sponsored or not! We question everything they say. Someone posted a video by readysetglamour in the Jaclyn Hill thread. (Pretty sure it was there and not here) I will put it here also for any that haven't seen it. She describes so well how many of us feel about youtube sponsorships. I also like how she says she won't do tags, or feature her husband on her channel because it is strictly BEAUTY! Anyway here it is.

[video][/video]

littlemeg114
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by littlemeg114 »

I think she mentioned about crest in her colors of the rainbow tag

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

OK thanks for finding that because I was just searching her channel for teeth whitening videos and didn't see that. Although I remember watching it now when she first made it. Well, at least she is doing an ad for a product she actually uses in real life. But, it is still an ad.

I guess some people don't mind watching ads on youtube, the whole reason I joined youtube was to avoid ads on TV. I use an ad blocker but these videos many gurus are putting out, are in my mind just the same as adverts.

This is the video that she mentions crest. I think she is at least being genuine in this video, it was before her channel really blew up.
[video][/video]

green_tea
Talker
Talker

Post by green_tea »

Yet another mediocre tutorial...this time though it is a drugstore one so no one can say that she's changed and uses only high end products now ;)
Nah, I'm just being mean though. I'm sure she she still uses and loves drugstore. But could she not have made a prettier look? I've seen her do very elegant and beautiful eye looks which is why tutorials like her latest one piss me off. Very little effort put into it...just disappointing, that's all...

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

green_tea wrote:Yet another mediocre tutorial...this time though it is a drugstore one so no one can say that she's changed and uses only high end products now ;)
Nah, I'm just being mean though. I'm sure she she still uses and loves drugstore. But could she not have made a prettier look? I've seen her do very elegant and beautiful eye looks which is why tutorials like her latest one piss me off. Very little effort put into it...just disappointing, that's all...
EXACTLY! This was same outfit and makeup look she wore in her previous video, Random Favorites. So what she does is she puts on her makeup to record a favorites (sponsored) video and records that process. Only to then make that one of her weekly uploads. And then they get away with it because they say, oh so many people requested this look! so fucking lazy. And yes, she has done way better looks with drugstore products. She is like the epitome of lazy now.

littlemeg114
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by littlemeg114 »

jessica3llen wrote:
green_tea wrote:Yet another mediocre tutorial...this time though it is a drugstore one so no one can say that she's changed and uses only high end products now ;)
EXACTLY! This was same outfit and makeup look she wore in her previous video, Random Favorites. So what she does is she puts on her makeup to record a favorites (sponsored) video and records that process. Only to then make that one of her weekly uploads. And then they get away with it because they say, oh so many people requested this look! so fucking lazy. And yes, she has done way better looks with drugstore products. She is like the epitome of lazy now.
How did you know that her random favorites was sponsored??

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

KathleenLights

Post by Pinkie1205 »

I think the makeup in her tutorial looks pretty but I couldn't even make it through the video.
She also looked off in the E video too. Like bad lighting or something.

Sent By Owl

Return to “KathleenLights”