KathleenLights

ceragresham
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLights

Post by ceragresham »

Yellow and purple are complementary colors so while you may not like how it looked, I think she was right in using them together. However, I think that artist palette was a waste of money. Those colors are hideous tbh.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

ceragresham wrote:Yellow and purple are complementary colors so while you may not like how it looked, I think she was right in using them together. However, I think that artist palette was a waste of money. Those colors are hideous tbh.
Yes, I realize that. I guess I just find the shadow pulls more red than purple, which would make more of a green color complementary. I think these gurus have weird ideas about what is purple because they are always showing shadows they are calling "purple" and they look very red to me.

ETA: maybe it is just her lighting, but that shade looked more burgundy than purple.

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

jessica3llen wrote:
ceragresham wrote:Yellow and purple are complementary colors so while you may not like how it looked, I think she was right in using them together. However, I think that artist palette was a waste of money. Those colors are hideous tbh.
Yes, I realize that. I guess I just find the shadow pulls more red than purple, which would make more of a green color complementary. I think these gurus have weird ideas about what is purple because they are always showing shadows they are calling "purple" and they look very red to me.

ETA: maybe it is just her lighting, but that shade looked more burgundy than purple.

I thought cranberry or burgundy too! Definitely not a true purple to me.

ceragresham
Debater
Debater

Post by ceragresham »

Bchbunnie4 wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:

I thought cranberry or burgundy too! Definitely not a true purple to me.
I'm color blind so I saw it more blue-ish which is why I guess I thought it was more purple-y.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

ceragresham wrote: I'm color blind so I saw it more blue-ish which is why I guess I thought it was more purple-y.
Makes sense, I wasn't saying you were wrong or anything. I just think in general when I am watching gurus they show shadows that are cranberry/burgundy/ or very red, and they call it purple. And I personally consider purple to be more blue based.

Her newest 2 instagram posts are for Boxycharm and Fruitteatox mentioning TinyTea. Are these gurus dumb? We know these are sponsored posts! They are paid to feature these items in their social media. She isn't sharing out of the goodness of her heart, it is because she is getting paid! And wtf does tea have to do with makeup?!

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

That yellow would have looked so much better in the innercorner & tearduct....not on the fucking lower lash. So sloppy, first she does a tutorial with just ONE eye shadow and now this. If this is what her standards have officially fallen to, I'm gonna be unsubscribing soon. I just need one more shitty sponsored video and I'm out

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

tired_of_bs wrote:That yellow would have looked so much better in the innercorner & tearduct....not on the fucking lower lash. So sloppy, first she does a tutorial with just ONE eye shadow and now this. If this is what her standards have officially fallen to, I'm gonna be unsubscribing soon. I just need one more shitty sponsored video and I'm out
Well since she barely uploads videos anymore i don't know when that will be but if you look at her instagram all those posts are sponsored!

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

What's up with the painterly paint pot being her OMFG MY FAVEEEEE. I thought she only liked using concealer??

Sent By Owl

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Pinkie1205 wrote:What's up with the painterly paint pot being her OMFG MY FAVEEEEE. I thought she only liked using concealer??

Sent By Owl
Ever since she linked her friend Gaby I have been watching her videos. And I just saw this. Probably why Kathleen does it differently now!

[video][/video]

This is the first video I found of her using that paint pot. She says almost verbatim what Gaby says in her video. Except Gaby has been doing it forever.

[video][/video]

kuchikopi
Informer
Informer

Post by kuchikopi »

Pinkie1205 wrote:What's up with the painterly paint pot being her OMFG MY FAVEEEEE. I thought she only liked using concealer??

Sent By Owl
I remember her saying Painterly is one of her favorite primers in one of her old videos.. I don't remember what video, but I know she mentioned it. She wasn't like OMG MY FAVEEEE -spaz- like Jaclyn, but she's always had it. I think she's just blowing up her personality 10x ever since she got more subscribers.

Pinkie1205
Informer
Informer

Post by Pinkie1205 »

I know she used to use it a lot than she said she preferred concealer.

Sent By Owl

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

jessica3llen wrote:
tired_of_bs wrote:That yellow would have looked so much better in the innercorner & tearduct....not on the fucking lower lash. So sloppy, first she does a tutorial with just ONE eye shadow and now this. If this is what her standards have officially fallen to, I'm gonna be unsubscribing soon. I just need one more shitty sponsored video and I'm out
Well since she barely uploads videos anymore i don't know when that will be but if you look at her instagram all those posts are sponsored!
I unfollowed her on instagram after she put that butt hurt post saying "why do you care where I spend my money etc etc...."

Youngturtle
Learner
Learner

Post by Youngturtle »

LOL at how Desi uses Kathleen's eyeshadows better than her.
GUHREEN JOOS!
Hold on babybairz my face is itcheeeeee

Hihotintin
Informer
Informer

Post by Hihotintin »

Well Look at that she did post a video :o

LunaSheep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LunaSheep »

A kat chats with old photos...yeah okay.

Also the big stack of Nicholas Sparks books behind her. :?
Previously xluna_bella <3

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Yeah her next Kat Chats is going to be about kindness! YAY! Can't wait to learn about kindness from someone who is so passive aggressive!

I am like so over this chick. Like I have said before she was my favoriteeeeee youtuber so I have been holding out that maybe she was in some sort of funk and would come to her senses and return to the old Kathleen. Because she definitely isn't as bad as Jaclyn Hill even though she is a JH wannabe clone. But I think at this point it is very clear she is never going back. She is done being the honest, genuine, down to earth girl with simple but interesting tutorials, that does great reviews and uses products on camera. And sticks mostly to affordable products.

angossip
Learner
Learner

Post by angossip »

jessica3llen wrote:
ceragresham wrote: I'm color blind so I saw it more blue-ish which is why I guess I thought it was more purple-y.
Makes sense, I wasn't saying you were wrong or anything. I just think in general when I am watching gurus they show shadows that are cranberry/burgundy/ or very red, and they call it purple. And I personally consider purple to be more blue based.

Her newest 2 instagram posts are for Boxycharm and Fruitteatox mentioning TinyTea. Are these gurus dumb? We know these are sponsored posts! They are paid to feature these items in their social media. She isn't sharing out of the goodness of her heart, it is because she is getting paid! And wtf does tea have to do with makeup?!
That's so ironic... she said in one of her older videos that she doesn't even like/drink tea. She uses her Keurig solely for coffee. She's a "coffee girl."

kuchikopi
Informer
Informer

Post by kuchikopi »

jessica3llen wrote:Yeah her next Kat Chats is going to be about kindness! YAY! Can't wait to learn about kindness from someone who is so passive aggressive!

I am like so over this chick. Like I have said before she was my favoriteeeeee youtuber so I have been holding out that maybe she was in some sort of funk and would come to her senses and return to the old Kathleen. Because she definitely isn't as bad as Jaclyn Hill even though she is a JH wannabe clone. But I think at this point it is very clear she is never going back. She is done being the honest, genuine, down to earth girl with simple but interesting tutorials, that does great reviews and uses products on camera. And sticks mostly to affordable products.
Watch, it'll be a video of her crying at the camera because of the comments she gets and her minions will eat it all up.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

kuchikopi wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:Yeah her next Kat Chats is going to be about kindness! YAY! Can't wait to learn about kindness from someone who is so passive aggressive!

Watch, it'll be a video of her crying at the camera because of the comments she gets and her minions will eat it all up.
Unless she brings up the topic herself, I'm gonna call her out on not supporting subscribers who give constructive criticism & allowing her fans to just attack them rudely. She should tell her fans to look the other way or atleast if they want to contradict a commentor they can do it nicely.
ETA: It bugs me that she owns tons & tons of makeup yet she barely wore any in her video :?

Youngturtle
Learner
Learner

Post by Youngturtle »

tired_of_bs wrote:ETA: It bugs me that she owns tons & tons of makeup yet she barely wore any in her video :?
This! she just had a haul from Sephora, am I right? She's so lazy with putting out videos already, the least she can do is put some effort in how she looks. Smh. Idgaf what she does outside of YT, but if this is gonna be your living, then you should put some effort in it! Jeez.
GUHREEN JOOS!
Hold on babybairz my face is itcheeeeee

Return to “KathleenLights”