FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

aunnie
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

Post by aunnie »

IamaWitch wrote:You guys know that if she doesn't go out to get her beauty products Queen Thaaatheee will never see the damn sunlight? :P
hahahah true.

Phil3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Phil3 »

Has Tahtee had her ears pinned back or not??

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

for actual reviews of products, I go to Makeup Alley.
That Girl!

kisincda
Learner
Learner

Post by kisincda »

Phil3 wrote:Has Tahtee had her ears pinned back or not??
If I had to guess, I would say definitely. I had mine done when I was 11...many, many, moons ago. It was an overnight hospital-stay when I was little, but nowadays she could have the procedure done easily in an out-patient clinic. Her ears are very symmetrical now, and close to her head. They certainly don't 'stick out', literally or figuratively. She probably had them fixed for her wedding.

Phil3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Phil3 »

kisincda wrote:
If I had to guess, I would say definitely. I had mine done when I was 11...many, many, moons ago. It was an overnight hospital-stay when I was little, but nowadays she could have the procedure done easily in an out-patient clinic. Her ears are very symmetrical now, and close to her head. They certainly don't 'stick out', literally or figuratively. She probably had them fixed for her wedding.
Yes I noticed on her wedding make up trial that her ears looked so different! But she said nothing about it

beautifuldisaster082
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by beautifuldisaster082 »

I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the most recent thread or how it all works yet. I was curious about her giveaways. Has anyone ever noticed how she NEVER reveals winners and no one ever says if it was them who won? I just find it fishy that she hosts these very expensive giveaways and you never hear about it after it ends. Like the last one she did and the 'surprise' one before that. Is she just using that to gain more subscribers or do people actually win?
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

i don't understand when people say they trust tati's opinions. wtf? how? she is completely biased, especially if she's sponsored. she definitely gives high end brands a pass for many things that she would tear up a lower end brand over simply because it's expensive. and let's not forget that ridiculous "power of makeup" palette review where she basically sugar coated how shitty it was and even her minions started calling her out.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I'm new to Tati. I kind of like her? yeah, some of her mannerisms are annoying but I can tell it's not fake. She's not fake-happy and giggly like others. The only problem I saw so far was the Michelle Phan EM palette. She obviously didn't go out and buy one because she saw the reviews and knew that it was sht.... and then she got one sent so she HAD to make a video and then she didn't even use it! And she justified the price because it had a lot of stuff in it. This was after EM lowered their prices a bit.

And she seems more negative towards products than positive which most youtubers are too scared to do these days.

I watched like 5 videos of hers years ago and I thought James was super creepy and he still kind of is now but less so.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

In her $5.99 foundation video this week, she does a very light makeup application and she looked SO MUCH BETTER. She looked much younger without all the layers and the false lashes.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

and what do you want to bet that she got the Peloton bike for free? They are hella expensive and cost around $40/month for online spin classes. She has snapped herself using it and she has shown it in a few videos.

Italia739
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Italia739 »

Does anyone else find her "New at Sephora" & "new at the drugstore try on" hauls useless? For me they serve no purpose. I can go to any store or check online for myself and see what's new. Watching Tati go through products saying "I got, I got, and I also got..." is boring. Swatches or not, those vlogs are worthless.
There are many ways she could improve on the "what's new..." vlog but I doubt that will happen. She's too eager to go grab up EVERY. SINGLE. COLOR. of every new product whether she will ever use them again or not. I find that silly.
Her rabid followers foam at the mouth if you dare mention this in her comments. They come back with " Tati does this so WE don't have to waste OUR money on products that aren't worth it" - same as the lame WTF vlogs - or they say "you're just jealous...." "Tati does this for us so we know what to buy". Say whaaaaa? Lol Tati buys FOR HERSELF. She doesn't care about what anyone else buys. It's all about HER.
Her foundation is still way off from her own coloring. She must be ashamed of being a fair skin cool tone because she's always using a foundation for golden tone medium skin. Even with her "tans" she's paler than her foundations. I would never trust her on how to pick foundations. Yeah, that is a long rant but just my thoughts on her lame ass hauls.

aunnie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aunnie »

Phil3 wrote:
kisincda wrote:
Yes I noticed on her wedding make up trial that her ears looked so different! But she said nothing about it
she does seem to be wearing her hair up more without making comments about it

tomatogirl07
Informer
Informer

Post by tomatogirl07 »

Top is from a video from 5 months ago, bottom is from today. I think she has since she looks less like a monkey now. Its subtle but they definetely dont seem as prominent as they used to.

And might I add that outfit she was wearing today just aged her so much, she dresses like a mature 50 year old would dress sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomatogirl07
Informer
Informer

Post by tomatogirl07 »

Italia739 wrote:Does anyone else find her "New at Sephora" & "new at the drugstore try on" hauls useless? For me they serve no purpose. I can go to any store or check online for myself and see what's new. Watching Tati go through products saying "I got, I got, and I also got..." is boring. Swatches or not, those vlogs are worthless.
There are many ways she could improve on the "what's new..." vlog but I doubt that will happen. She's too eager to go grab up EVERY. SINGLE. COLOR. of every new product whether she will ever use them again or not. I find that silly.
Her rabid followers foam at the mouth if you dare mention this in her comments. They come back with " Tati does this so WE don't have to waste OUR money on products that aren't worth it" - same as the lame WTF vlogs - or they say "you're just jealous...." "Tati does this for us so we know what to buy". Say whaaaaa? Lol Tati buys FOR HERSELF. She doesn't care about what anyone else buys. It's all about HER.
Completely agree. I watch a youtuber who always does a haul update 2 weeks after she does hauls and its so helpful. She gives first impressions during the haul and doesn't waste money on purchasing every color in the line for absolutely no reason. (Rachhloves is her channel btw, she has does collabs with Tati once or twice before) And I have noticed some other channels started doing that or at least subscribers requesting an update. A lot of things she gets that are "new" are also not very new either.

As for her doing things for her subscribers? Thats bs also. Every video in the last few weeks, the top comment has been can you try out the body shop makeup, not once has she replied saying yes I will work on that, yes I will try some things out, etc. She will reply to defend herself against any sort of criticism but cannot dare actually doing something that has been highly requested.

Italia739
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Italia739 »

Yes!!!
For whatever reason Tati refuses to actually try KBeauty skin care and cosmetics. What few products she has tried, she's done them wrong and then complains.
I know the original instructions are in Korean but most companies will paste English instructions on the packaging and/or give English language details on the site.
I know for a fact that she claimed she couldn't find instructions in English on one site she ordered from and this was BS. I have ordered from that site and they DO have English instructions if you take the time to read the full details. Some makeup investigator, no?
She just dives head first into a product without bothering to read instructions which makes it really worthless for viewers.
I think she just throws together a vlog nowadays without researching or even thinking of updating afterwards. It's about posting 5 days a week with quality as an afterthought.

molo
Talker
Talker

Post by molo »

Italia739 wrote:Yes!!!
For whatever reason Tati refuses to actually try KBeauty skin care and cosmetics. What few products she has tried, she's done them wrong and then complains.
I know the original instructions are in Korean but most companies will paste English instructions on the packaging and/or give English language details on the site.
I know for a fact that she claimed she couldn't find instructions in English on one site she ordered from and this was BS. I have ordered from that site and they DO have English instructions if you take the time to read the full details. Some makeup investigator, no?
She just dives head first into a product without bothering to read instructions which makes it really worthless for viewers.
I think she just throws together a vlog nowadays without researching or even thinking of updating afterwards. It's about posting 5 days a week with quality as an afterthought.
I absolutely despise that she calls herself the "makeup investigator". She never talks intelligibly about anything, and none of her videos have ever left me with the impression that she actually did any research about the product she's talking about. She can't be bothered to actually "investigate" anything like other YouTubers do (ex. Stephanie Nicole).
:FU:

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

tomatogirl07 wrote:
Italia739 wrote:Does anyone else find her "New at Sephora" & "new at the drugstore try on" hauls useless? For me they serve no purpose. I can go to any store or check online for myself and see what's new. Watching Tati go through products saying "I got, I got, and I also got..." is boring. Swatches or not, those vlogs are worthless.
Completely agree. I watch a youtuber who always does a haul update 2 weeks after she does hauls and its so helpful. She gives first impressions during the haul and doesn't waste money on purchasing every color in the line for absolutely no reason. (Rachhloves is her channel btw, she has does collabs with Tati once or twice before) And I have noticed some other channels started doing that or at least subscribers requesting an update. A lot of things she gets that are "new" are also not very new either.

As for her doing things for her subscribers? Thats bs also. Every video in the last few weeks, the top comment has been can you try out the body shop makeup, not once has she replied saying yes I will work on that, yes I will try some things out, etc. She will reply to defend herself against any sort of criticism but cannot dare actually doing something that has been highly requested.
I like Rachel, too! I like that she does her hauls AFTER she has used the items, so she can give us first impressions on them. And, yes, she buys colors that look good and match her skin, not every single shade of an item, which is ridiculous

Italia739
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Italia739 »

molo wrote:
Italia739 wrote:Yes!!!
I absolutely despise that she calls herself the "makeup investigator". She never talks intelligibly about anything, and none of her videos have ever left me with the impression that she actually did any research about the product she's talking about. She can't be bothered to actually "investigate" anything like other YouTubers do (ex. Stephanie Nicole).
She is NO makeup investigator, that's certain. I really do think she just has James drive her places so she can run in and grab a product, then comes home and tears into it without even reading anything on the package. Her "testing" and "investigating" is then to use the product however she thinks it might be used. I thinks she does the same kind of "testing" with ordered products too. She seems rather confused by most directions when she does bother to read them and that is usually AFTER she has done her so called "test".
Btw, does she ever go out by herself or even have a driver's license? Does James always chauffer her around? I wonder about her sometimes.
I'm wondering if she actually does open up all those boxes of promotional products she gets in her P.O. box daily? She's often showed many that she never spoke of or mentioned again. She never seems that appreciative of the products. She just gives the a glance, maybe a swatch and then throws them aside and moves on to the next package. That is such a waste on her. The companies could send all that to bloggers, vloggers, etc. who would actually appreciate them, try them and give an honestly and CORRECTLY tested opinion of the products.
She acts like a spoiled child who expects to be given gifts and once they are received doesn't really care or appreciate them but wants more and more.
Those new "FTC disclaimers" that she started putting up at the end of the description box are ridiculous. She's denying that a little too much. With all those packages she gets (even if she never mentions a lot of the products) you know she's getting most everything free and sponsored.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I'm pretty sure I could do a better job at being a "makeup investigator" than her. She acts like an idiot trying out products sometimes, like she's being naive on purpose? Does she think it's cute or something?

I've also noticed she either wears clothes that are way too young for her, or clothes that age her too much. The lengths of her dresses are always awkward too. I get that she's tall and thin, so maybe she feels like she doesn't have to "try" as hard. When everything is said and done she doesn't have style tbh.

Italia739
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Italia739 »

Maybe she acts naïve and dresses too young sometimes to appeal to a younger audience. Kind of like when she was hanging around that James Charles (?) guy around the time of her wedding? Btw has she even mentioned him since?

Return to “glamlifeguru/Tati”