FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

Italia739
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: FirmeenLifeGuru/Tati Whinebrook - Part 9

Post by Italia739 »

Italia739 wrote:
kathleenlightsssss wrote:She was so AMPED UP. I can see why people thought she was HIGH. It was too much. Something was definitely off. Tati is so much older from the other popular Beauty gurus (by like 8 years) so maybe acting hyper seemed like a new idea for Tati to try to relate?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :rofl:
I think she is trying hard to relate to a younger audience. Like not long ago (pre and during her weddingwhen she was all bf with that James Charles guy
Yes. I think she is trying too hard to gain audience with the younger YouTube viewers like teens and college. Like when she was all bf's with that James Charles guy and constantly hanging with him, trying to act more like she was his age and then inviting him to her wedding. I mean she'd known him what...a couple of weeks at most? And there he was at her wedding.
She did do some acting at one time according to what she has said. Maybe YouTube is another acting venue for her and she is trying to come up with a persona that a younger audience may relate to? Idk. She sure can turn on the drama sometimes so it could be all acting.

tomatogirl07
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by tomatogirl07 »

Damn wtf was today's video. I am not down for these awful titles either "FREE STUFF BEAUTY GURUS GET" yes we all want to see you brag and flaunt about the things you get for free, like cmon. Such a clickbait-y title, not in the sense that the video wasn't what it says it is, just that she purposely did that title so people click on it more than they would a "PR haul" video. Doing a normal PR unboxing is completely different. The editing was just all over the place ugh did not like at all with the two cameras. No need for all the footage of her opening boxes and throwing things around. And of course she had to talk about how poor she used to be.. again. She's starting to sound like Jaclyn

teddy_gx
Learner
Learner

Post by teddy_gx »

She looked like a crazy person in today's video .... Ripping all these packages like crazy with this weird face, it was scary

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Her hair looked like a crazy wig in that video. And she said "Oh. My. God." so much in that video I wanted to scream.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

I just watched today's video and I'm speechless. I LIKE Tati, for the most part. I rarely post on this thread, and I rarely read it, because then I do start to notice the things you guys talk about, LOL. But, WTF? Seriously, she looked like she was high. She looked like she was on speed or something. It was just all very strange.

Italia739
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Italia739 »

tomatogirl07 wrote:Damn wtf was today's video. I am not down for these awful titles either "FREE STUFF BEAUTY GURUS GET" yes we all want to see you brag and flaunt about the things you get for free, like cmon. Such a clickbait-y title, not in the sense that the video wasn't what it says it is, just that she purposely did that title so people click on it more than they would a "PR haul" video. Doing a normal PR unboxing is completely different. The editing was just all over the place ugh did not like at all with the two cameras. No need for all the footage of her opening boxes and throwing things around. And of course she had to talk about how poor she used to be.. again. She's starting to sound like Jaclyn
She will probably say she was acting wacky because she accidentally ate one of the 500 foods she is supposedly allergic to. She did that once before. Considering she takes zero time to even glance at product directions, I really do NOT see her actually sitting down to read about her food allergies or whatever. I think she's just loopy.

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

YevMilcovich wrote:when she says she appreciates everything because she used to be poor and couldn't afford makeup and then throws away beautiful packages and makeup like it's nothing. also the look on her face when she opened fan letters says it all. she doesn't appreciate shit
i think what upsets me the most is that we all know that the majority of all that makeup will only get used once at most and then put in the bottom of a drawer, never to see the light of the day again.

Cody
Learner
Learner

Post by Cody »

I wish she'd been more careful handling the packages and fan mail. But don't we all sometimes get excited about gifts, especially if there were so many? This may seem a bit wacky to the observer but how would you react if you received so much of something you really liked/loved?

My main criticism about the video is actually concerning what Tati said at 0:40, that she always 'likes' disclosing what was sent to her. There are several brands that she says she loves, constantly mentions and links to and she is not 100% clear on how she gets those products. It's true that recently Tati has done less of that and sometimes adds a disclaimer which is important but look at the last sentences. Are the links really more convenient for us or for her... ?

What do you think?
FTC DISCLAIMER: This video is Not Sponsored. Sometimes I receive free products to try from brands, but more often than not, I purchase products to review before any free ones make their way to me. When that's the case, I usually end up giving the free products to fans in a giveaway or donate them to a local women's shelter. Sometimes I use affiliate links on reviewed products, but I try to keep my links to a minimum to just the product I'm reviewing. Regardless my opinions are never swayed by free products or the potential to earn affiliate income and I promise to always provide you with my honest reviews. Click my links if you like, they are there for your convenience ... what I care about most is that you guys enjoy my videos and remain positive and uplifting to one another. xo's

Kessie1593
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kessie1593 »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Italia739 wrote:
kathleenlightsssss wrote:WE ALL KNOW Tati lies about that. I actually called a few local women's shelters near Tati and inquired about what she "donates" nobody knows of her..
That's not surprising at all. Like I said, she's a greedy grabber who likes to get and hoarde makeup whether she uses it (or even looks at it) again or not. She has a very "I'm owed this" vibe about her lately. She doesn't appreciate PR gifts. She expects them.
Seriously I did. I called like 4, asked if a brunette woman named Tati or Tatiana (?) was often dropping by to give boxes of makeup as donation to the women in the shelter. All 4 said never heard of makeup getting dropped off. Just some blankets and canned goods (mainly food) SHE LIES!!!! :x :x :x

You should have asked if a man with a dirty looking goatee, greasy hair and a leash attached to his neck came into donate. As if Princess Tati would actually step foot into a shelter. She will send her errand boy to do it.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

KatVonDMe
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by KatVonDMe »

COMPLETELY AGREE!! Tatis age is something I just can't get over. When I first saw her I thought YES around 45 and looks great!! THATS who I want to follow.. but then to find out she's younger but looks OLDER...no thanks! I want to find someone who looks amazing for their age to follow...not the other way around!!

C_LaVie wrote:Hey guys,

I'm new to this whole GG thing but have been lurking a lot lately, since I've suddenly become a super avid watcher of YouTube gurus. My thoughts obviously aren't super original and have probably been beaten to death, but hey! I'm new, so they're new for me. Like someone else said, I'm totally like the person who's been watching Tati for a little while and now cannot stand her for the most part so I come on here to have my say. Okay, that's a bit harsh. But yeah, I have a "love/dislike" relationship with Tati, as someone put it - more dislike than anything, if I'm being honest. Here's why.

1.) STOP with Puka bit on Snapchat. No seriously, STOP putting him in Snapchat lenses every day as he dances around your eerily empty house on his salon-done doggie nails. I love my dog too, but the over-Puka-ing is just off putting. Ew. Stop.

2.) While I'm on the subject of Snapchat filters: STOP WITH THE CUTESY DEER FILTER, TATI. I get it. It makes you sound and feel cute and super duper young, but I want to rip my hear out screaming every single time you do that ish. On second thought - let's just go ahead and put Snapchat down altogether. Let's face it, you're too old to use it like Kylie Jenner does. Please stop trying!

2.) James...yeah, it's all been said. I don't mind the odd husband or boyfriend here and there in a YouTuber's video, but to include him so often? That seems a bit codependent, tbh. He doesn't look like he has much to do in life. Standing around awkwardly, mostly, and his whole life seems to revolve around Tati. Again...wreaks of codependency. Hopefully he's got a purpose to his own life and isn't just a subset of Tati...

3.) Her "age." Man, I am SO glad I came here and read all the comments because I started watching Tati thinking, "Oh good, an older YTer for us girls over 30!" I just figured she was much older than me - seriously thought she was like 45 but just had really nice, smooth skin. Wait...WHAT?? She's only 34?? No, that is just wrong. I can't get my head around it. What does a 34 year-old do to look like a 45 year-old woman who has nice skin for her age? How....what.... :? Someone said it's the plastic surgery. I can't help but think maybe so. Either way, it somehow totally creeps me out to now be watching a "mature" YouTuber thinking it's great someone is there for the mature ladies....only to hear things like, "WTF?" or "Oh my God you guys" 20 times a snap, realizing she's low 30s, and ....no, I just can't. I just can't.

4.) With the makeup, everything's been said. I'm just not impressed, and she seems to be TRYING. SO. HARD. I love Kathleen Lights and Kayla Hagey and a bunch of other YTers who seem to have their ish really together and do great tutorials. Kathleen's makeup always looks superb, and she's got a great, friendly personality. You don't see her husband hanging out in all of her videos as if he seriously has no life outside of her. And - she really tries products for her viewers - just as she always has.

Part of me feels bad ranting but really? You put your life out there, you ask for feedback. And besides, I think that people mostly slam gurus when they get off track - when they stop being the cool, down-to-earth makeup-tutorial-posting, honest-product-reviewing people we love them to be. When they stop being relatable, stop being "one of us" and start being "one of them." When you see more Kylie Jenner-lookalike Snaps than beauty-related ones, more whining about editing than actually giving us what we want.

I work in Marketing. Don't ever neglect your target market...or you'll end up being trashed on either Yelp or a place like Guru Gossiper, forever more!
:HK: :love2: KKat
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive, we do not forget.
Expect us.

ohhitsbrittanyy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ohhitsbrittanyy »

My main issue is how she portrays her skin and hair to be natural when she has extensions and botox to look younger

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

This is an old thread, probably should have been locked.

Proper thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=385&t=34253
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Return to “glamlifeguru/Tati”