The Sims

merp
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Sims

Post by merp »

Idk if anyone here knows a lot about macs, but I need some help!! :( I have sims 3 and all the expansion packs downloaded on my macbook pro running mountain lion. I have 100 gb free space out of my available 250 gb. I have made as much space as I can, repaired my disk, and the game still runs SUPER slow. Is there anything else I can do, or is my computer just not powerful enough to handle it? It ran the regular sims 3 perfectly before I added on the expansions.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

merp wrote:Idk if anyone here knows a lot about macs, but I need some help!! :( I have sims 3 and all the expansion packs downloaded on my macbook pro running mountain lion. I have 100 gb free space out of my available 250 gb. I have made as much space as I can, repaired my disk, and the game still runs SUPER slow. Is there anything else I can do, or is my computer just not powerful enough to handle it? It ran the regular sims 3 perfectly before I added on the expansions.
Even on a PC it will run slower. Takes ages to load and I have 1 TB of space, 16GB of RAM, and a good graphics card. Once it loads, it plays fine though.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Laptops are never ideal for gaming, and the more content you have the slower your game will be. I suggest turning the game's graphic settings down, turning off memories, regularly deleting some of the temporary cache files, and installing Twallan's Overwatch. It's a great mod that can speed up your game by turning off TVs and stereos in inactive households, deleting abandoned cars around town and dead sims from the mausoleum etc. Also, having your sims live in a huge mansion on a 64x64 lot makes the game considerably more laggy than living on a smaller lot with less stuff.

merp
Informer
Informer

Post by merp »

thank guys!! btw Im really excited to finally be playing sims 3. It seems like there's so much to discover with the world explorer expansion pack

cyndaquil♡
Debater
Debater

Post by cyndaquil♡ »

probably one of the only things I like about the sims 4 is that there are no sliders. freaking yes.
everything else is just, "eh".

....and you still can't change the height....boo-hoo.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm officially in love with the CAS and build mode!

Post by Guest »

I think I've asked this question on here before, but I can't remember so I'll go for it again!

Way back in February I bought my sister the Ambitions expansion pack but neither of us have managed to get it to work on our laptops. I can't remember what her issue was, but for me I could install it but then it wouldn't launch. It won't launch from the normal Sims quick launch, or from the launcher that's in in the program files, if that makes any sense? Even the normal Sims won't work when I have Ambitions installed.

Is there anything we can do, or do we just have a bad game?

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Do you have the latest game update installed and the Ambitions disc in the drive when you're trying to play? Have you tried uninstalling both the base game and Ambitions and then reinstalling them?

Maybe your laptop just can't handle it. :/

Post by Guest »

Lumi wrote:Do you have the latest game update installed and the Ambitions disc in the drive when you're trying to play? Have you tried uninstalling both the base game and Ambitions and then reinstalling them?

Maybe your laptop just can't handle it. :/
Yeah I do have the latest update, but I don't have the disc in the drive cause I don't have a disc drive! I do have a massive external one that I could use though. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both of them as well :)

Maybe that's the case but that'd be odd! It's a new laptop and I play lots and lots of games so I'd have thought it could have handled that! It doesn't work on my sister's either though :/

Thanks!

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

As far as I know, you need to have the disc in unless the games are digital downloads. :) I can't play the game unless I have the disc of the latest EP (that I own) in the drive.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

The trailer just made me hate it more. The CAS non-slider thing and build mode looks cool, but I hate the style of it and the fact that you can depress your sim by playing THE VIOLIN. Like, are you serious? This reminds me of the stupid little virtual world games that you can find for free on Facebook. I'm deff sticking with TS3. :(

Post by Guest »

Lumi wrote:As far as I know, you need to have the disc in unless the games are digital downloads. :) I can't play the game unless I have the disc of the latest EP (that I own) in the drive.
Oh gosh, if that is the simple solution to my long term problem then I'll be very annoyed :') I just assumed that cause I can play my original Sims without a disc then the others would be fine!

Thanks again :D

L1Z
Informer
Informer

Post by L1Z »

hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that if you participate in the humble bundle promotion going on right now you can get a downloadable sims 3 bundle with the base game, late night, and high end loft stuff for $5 through origin! just go to www.humblebundle.com it's pretty cool imo, you donate however much you want and choose how your donation is split between a selection of charities, and get a game at the same time <3

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess »

I'm so disappointed in The Sims 4 it looks terrible I feel that kid that so desperately wanted a bike for Christmas but got a book instead... I just saw the CAS demo today and it looks really bad. I got everything I wanted when it came to body modifications but the hair, skin and clothes choices are worst its back to The Sims 2 if you want a certain hair color or skin tone you have to click in the block its given you no more high lights or crazy colors for hair no more custom skin tones and you only get four hairstyles to start out with and one is bald... I'm a person who can spend 4-6 hours creating a sim and then probably 10 minutes playing the game I love CAS that's my favorite part of the game and I hate how they took so much out of it. so soo disappointed I don't even want to buy another Sims game.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

^ Keep in mind that the game is nowhere near finished yet. The pre-alpha version is obviously not going to have a full selection of hair styles and clothing options, they have just included the bare necessities to give us an idea what the game could possibly look like. Nothing is final and a lot of things will be added and improved.

DebbyBam
Learner
Learner

Post by DebbyBam »

>_< Why hadn't I found this earlier?! I freaking LOVE The Sims! :D my personal favorite is Sims 2. It has WAY better game play than the Sims 3. Sims 3 was kind of a let down in the fact they took SO much out of it. Just like it seems they did with Sims 4. All it looks like they did was take Sims social from Facebook and make into a fuller game (if you get what I'm saying). The CAS with the building of the Sims looks AWESOME, but sadly the build/buy mode sucks to me. Building and then decorating houses was my favorite part. They made it too.. 'easy', imo. Like are we only going to be able to make rectangle or are diagonals going to be added later? The game comes out in March 2014. I mean that's fairly far away but still.

Bambam
Debater
Debater

Post by Bambam »

I really feel underwhelmed by the latest EP - Into the Future

It looks horrible, definitely not something I would play.

Same with the Movie Stuff pack. It seems slack.

I hope they do another stuff pack like the Ikea one from Sims 2 - That was brilliant!

Overall, I feel like I've only really got into Sims 3 and now Sims 4 has been announced.

mumma2one
Learner
Learner

Post by mumma2one »

Bambam wrote:I really feel underwhelmed by the latest EP - Into the Future

It looks horrible, definitely not something I would play.

Same with the Movie Stuff pack. It seems slack.

I hope they do another stuff pack like the Ikea one from Sims 2 - That was brilliant!

Overall, I feel like I've only really got into Sims 3 and now Sims 4 has been announced.

I agree.
I feel like they have rushed them, I don't plan on buying either one & am debating whether or not to get The Sims 4, very disappointing!!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I'll agree the "movie magic" stuff pack looks uninteresting and I may actually skip that one, but I am psyched about the "into the future" expansion. I love anything to do with time travel (Doctor Who, any time travel episodes in Star Trek, Stargate, etc. etc.) ...that is one expansion pack I *must have*.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I hope Sims 4 doesn't have major problems like the Sims has. Every time a new EP is released, almost everyone has technical problems and its annoying. I have had to reinstall the game twice

Return to “The Sims”