Taylor Swift

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Taylor Swift

Post by Username »

I can never relate to Taylor because she was born rich. Selena & Justin at least came from modest backgrounds.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Username wrote:I can never relate to Taylor because she was born rich. Selena & Justin at least came from modest backgrounds.
I don't really get why that means you can't relate to her? Maybe you can't relate to her background, but her songs aren't exclusively for people who come from money.

Szazer1985
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Szazer1985 »

She is sooo pretty

Shamwoah
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Shamwoah »

Shake it off, shake it off. XD
I love Taylor Swift, I've been a fan since I saw her as an opening act of Keith Urban.

BellexBeast
Debater
Debater

Post by BellexBeast »

I've started to like her a bit more but trademarking phrases that you didn't even come up with! I'm sorry, but what an obnoxious and self-centred woman! :FU:

I will not have you "not thinking" in front of the neighbours, Richard - Hyacinth Bucket

cmonskinnylove
Debater
Debater

Post by cmonskinnylove »

Which she did so she could sell merchandise without getting sued for having someone else's trademarked phrases on her stuff.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

She's sending some of my tumblr friends packages. I'm dying.

simplyymeee
Stalker
Stalker

Post by simplyymeee »

Hey guys! If you have a moment to spare, check out this Blank Space parody!! In my opinion, its one of the better done ones ;)

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

This is gold ;)
[youtube][/youtube]
:love2:

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

My two cents:

I love her music and she’s one of the few artists that I will shell money (I’m cheap!! and that shit adds up) out on itunes (except for the ones she already did youtube vids on..as they are the catchy ones that I get sick of after a while) siince I believe in being a “socially conscious” buyer, lol.

I know a lot of ppl say she’s calculating, she writes songs about her exes too much, but I prefer to consider her self-aware (which is rare in Hollywood- even if she does have the ego the size of Kanye- who is talented yes, but a total asshat, at least she’s smart enough to not act like THAT in public view) and a savvy business woman.

I admire her marketing strategy, I think it helped her latest album sell very well and even though I listen to more of her new stuff, I like some of her old-stuff that was more country pop as well. <3

Offtopic: I’ll also actually admit to being her fangirl in public since she I feel she appeals to a broad range of people, instead of in one of those fandoms I don’t want to be associated with, (Examples: the 12 year olds that were the most immature type of haters because of her dating one of those 1D guys, I’d love to backhand one of them...seriously I don’t want kids that are the annoying/immature/entitled like that…...or even the anime fandom (I don’t want to be associated with those creepy otakus or crazy yaoi fangirls (abuse isn't romantic in my book).

I like that there is someone that is a bit more of a role model and not selling the fantasy of her bod or sexiness(although she is quite pretty, she’s definitely not what most people consider “hot"). Whether or not her sweetness, free promotion (shout-outs), etc is a calculated pr move it’s nice that there is someone who seems like a class act in the public eye and is a good role model for young girls (they need SOMEONE for goodness sake as with the way things are going...). I feel like she is the Reese Witherspoon or Jennifer Lawrence of the music industry, slightly wholesome but not "holier than thou."

I’d love to go to one of her concerts since it seems like you get your money’s worth but I have social anxiety around huge crowds, unfamiliar people (and them being too close to me) and just that type of environment, so I will probably never get to see her live.

: /

Sarah 181
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Sarah 181 »

itsmacymarie123 wrote:what do you guys think of taylor swift. i'm EXTREMELY obsessed with her. some of her songs even make me cry, lol.
i think some of her songs are catchy but i dont really listen to her

Emily1354
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Emily1354 »

:HK:
:tu:

Noukso
Stalker