Continue here...

AliciaKate
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Laurenbeautyy Part 2

Post by AliciaKate »

Has anyone else seen the haul on her vlog channel? I don't know why she needs so many coats lol! They're all quite similar imo too.

audreystone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by audreystone »

AliciaKate wrote:Has anyone else seen the haul on her vlog channel? I don't know why she needs so many coats lol! They're all quite similar imo too.
Some of them look really huge and bulky :s

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

audreystone wrote:
AliciaKate wrote:Has anyone else seen the haul on her vlog channel? I don't know why she needs so many coats lol! They're all quite similar imo too.
Some of them look really huge and bulky :s
She is quite small as well, I am not sure how flattering some of them will be.

AliciaKate
Talker
Talker

Post by AliciaKate »

I also noticed in that haul that she said she needed a 4 as a 6 was too big for her, I always thought she looked small but not that tiny - her boob job must be quite out of proportion?

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

I can't bring myself to dislike Lauren like I do with a lot of other beauty gurus. To me she just seems so incredibly insecure and I actually think she is a sweet genuine girl within who has gotten lost in a world of partying, alcohol and shallowness. I feel like she has kind of lost her identity and is now just a product of our consumption society and media. Her low self-confidence shines through so much. I know it might be a cliché thing to say but with Lauren it's so true though. I feel like she might be the kind of girl who will wakeup at 40 wondering why she hasn't done anything meaningful with her life.

These are just assumptions though so don't take it too seriously lol.

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

Holy crap. Her america haul was massive! I wonder how much she spent at Sephora o.O

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

I would totally go to America just to go make up shopping because of the price difference. I don't blame her for taking advantage of it.

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Post by flylikeacg »

^ same! If I went to America. I'd blow most of my money on makeup in sephora and drugstore makeup. In singapore not all the brands sephora USA carries are available in Asia. Like lorac, Marc Jacobs (well coming soon), hourglass, Kat von d .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Post by flylikeacg »

Well I went to America in 2012 and spent quite a bit on makeup. Lol

LeWrongGeneration
Learner
Learner

Post by LeWrongGeneration »

In her American beauty haul I was kinda surprised she accidentally bought a True Match creme instead of a powder. I'm a big drugstore hauler and I always check everything to make sure I didn't pick up something on accident. Odd.

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Post by flylikeacg »

^^ And she also bought a USED cover girl 3 in 1 foundation , why wouldn't anyone check to see if it's used or new. I would toss it out immediately if it had been used. That's gross though

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

^plus she bought two of the same blush without realizing.

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Yes, I can't blame her either. When I was in NY and LA I spent so much money on make up as it's a looooot cheaper than in Europe (and Australia is even more expensive).

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I think by used she means that someone used the foundation as a tester (to check the colour,swatch it etc) then put the bottle back on the shelf, it happens a lot at drugstores around here. It sounded like she was in a rush shopping for makeup. I didn't think she bought THAT much makeup considering she's not the states all the time and Australian makeup prices are soo much higher.

What bothers me most about her, if she obvious fake tan on her hands, it's always done sloppy. I fake tan myself and know it's difficult to get your hands tanned without it looking horrible, inbetween your fingers etc, but Lauren does it regularly right? it's her "thing" how come she is so sloppy at it? And it's really noticeable in her videos since she is swatching products on her arms, holding things up etc.

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

I didn't mean it in a bad way. Obviously she is going to spend a lot of money. I was just wondering how much she spent, lol.

ineedstuff
Debater
Debater

Post by ineedstuff »

Just OT a bit - but I've heard a few people say that not all American stores have testers for the makeup products they sell? It would explain why people crack them open.

She must have been in a rush to make that many mistakes. Honestly all I can get from her trip is that she went to fashion shows, hid in the hotel and shopped for makeup. It kills me, she was in NEW YORK!!!! In her VLOG it looked like they had a driver aswell. Trip of a lifetime and she may as well have been at home.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

^^ drugstores here (in the US) do not have testers ever. Sometimes they do, for a special new product or something, but it is very rare. Only stores like sephora and department stores have testers. So, often things that are are not sealed, or not sealed well, have been open and tested/used. It's just something you have to check for before buying

ineedstuff
Debater
Debater

Post by ineedstuff »

Ah OK. In Australia we have testers for pretty much everything so she probably just assumed it would be OK.

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Post by flylikeacg »

Yeah in singapore we have testers for foundations. But the variety for the products here Suck!!!!!!! It's less than half of the products u guys have in America. I've to order my covergirl foundation on eBay and the rest of my makeup online which is so much more expensive

Return to “Lauren Curtis”