Nicole's product line Best Damn Beauty

ughasif
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nicole's product line Best Damn Beauty

Post by ughasif »

Anyone trier this stuff yet? I was shocked when she posted a picture on her ig a few months ago showing a room filled with orders of her beauty products to be shipped out. Her products aren't the most affordable and I'd personally rather she'll out the money for a product from Sephora that I could return in case I don't like it. I know that she got a lot of support from her subbies, but she also got a lot of hate from other self proclaimed Estethicians and chemistry majors. I haven't bothered to look at the ingredients list, apparently their filled with a lot of chemicals and junk, but then to be fair even estee lauder has chemicals in their products. An obvious point is that although she seems to have fairly good skin, it's a little silly to me that she put out a skin care line. Perhaps makeup yes, but not a skin care line. So what do you guys think of her product line? Hit or miss?

essyalways
Learner
Learner

Re: Nicole's product line Best Damn Beauty

Post by essyalways »

are they even being marketed, besides for what seems like vague and random mentions in her videos? i have yet to see any real marketing for her products. even the original launch came out of nowhere...no built up anticipation, no real explanation, just "squeal!!! shriek!!!! isn't this exciting!!! i'm launching two skin care items!!!!! SHRIEK!!!!!"

kkapowski
Informer
Informer

Post by kkapowski »

I haven't tried it for a few reasons. First is the actual product and ingredients. I'll use the facial oil for my example. It has 10+ ingredients, most of which a quick google search will tell you are preservatives and emollients. They don't make the product work any better, they just make it apply better on your skin. Kind of like Chapstick - it feels great when you're applying it but you need to put more on an hour later because it actually dries out your skin. The packaging also looks super cheap IMO. Next is the return policy. Like OP said, if I want to try a new product I'm going to somewhere like Sephora that has a golden return policy with a reputation of following through on it.

And the biggest reason is the price point of the line. The facial oil is $42 for 1.0 oz. To compare, Tarte maracuja oil is $48 for 1.7 oz so you get almost twice the product, it comes from a known brand, and it only has two ingredients. I don't know what Nicole was thinking approving the price point of the line. There's no way it can compete with other high end brands that are well known and have a following.

Regarding the marketing I think that was a huge mistake on their end and probably the reason it's a flop. YouTube has so much influence over what the average consumer will buy. When a brand like Benefit or even L'Oreal launches a new product it seems every channel with a decent following gets sent a PR package. Why did they skimp out there? It will be interesting to see what that photoshoot was for... I wonder how much Nicole and her investors are out and trying to make up.

ughasif
Learner
Learner

Post by ughasif »

Good point, I never compared the ounces and price with the Tarte oil. I wonder why no one pointed this out in her video. I was shocked to see her sell that many products to begin with, but she does have a large following. I don't understand how people are willing to shell out $42.00 +tax on a product "created" by a former bartender. The dermatologist I see here in New York went to Harvard medical school and he only shares $50.00 for a consultation and gives me a little goody bag of products and a complemetary 30% Glycolic chemical peel when I have a consultation. My point is obvious, who does this little brat think she is? And what makes me more sad is how guillible these people can be as to just place an order. But the strange thing is that she hasn't mentioned her Best Damn Beauty line in any of the recent videos I have seen. Which come to think of it, might not be so strange because as you pointed out before, nothing has been done for marketing. With those over priced products she can't afford to advertise or at least send some products to her bff Carli Bybel or other youtubers so they can review them for us or give as a second opinion. Well then again it doesn't seem like she's super tight with the rest of the other beauty gurus on youtube. I now find it amusing that no other youtube small or big on youtube has even bothered to review her products on youtube. All I can say is L O fucking L

kD1985
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kD1985 »

So I take it that none of the people who responded have tried the products. Or at least that's how it seems. - I'm sure she launched her products slowly and let those who subscribe to her know first, then after all the products are done, she will officially launch more professionally. Just a guess. It's sad that the topic is a question yet people just talk ish. The funniest part is that I'm sure each of you subscribe to her. Lol. Geezus. I'm happy I'm not a teenager anymore, nor do I have the mentality of one. - Please... If someone has actually tried the products, please share your thoughts. (Side note: I would like to point out that MOST ALL BEAUTY/SKIN CARE PRODUCTS ARE MADE WITH CRAP, just like food!!! Now if you prefer to live an organic life all around, please do so and commit to it. I encourage it... And I would like to suggest a great person to subscribe for just that... SunkissAlba.) - And yes, I am aware that I'm on a gossip forum. Therefor, just as you have shared your piece, so am I.

kkapowski
Informer
Informer

Post by kkapowski »

kD1985 wrote:So I take it that none of the people who responded have tried the products. Or at least that's how it seems. - I'm sure she launched her products slowly and let those who subscribe to her know first, then after all the products are done, she will officially launch more professionally. Just a guess. It's sad that the topic is a question yet people just talk ish. The funniest part is that I'm sure each of you subscribe to her. Lol. Geezus. I'm happy I'm not a teenager anymore, nor do I have the mentality of one. - Please... If someone has actually tried the products, please share your thoughts. (Side note: I would like to point out that MOST ALL BEAUTY/SKIN CARE PRODUCTS ARE MADE WITH CRAP, just like food!!! Now if you prefer to live an organic life all around, please do so and commit to it. I encourage it... And I would like to suggest a great person to subscribe for just that... SunkissAlba.) - And yes, I am aware that I'm on a gossip forum. Therefor, just as you have shared your piece, so am I.
The question asked if anyone had tried it, not specifying that only those who have tried it are allowed to answer. I shared why I didn't because that's my experience as it relates to OP's post. The whole point of this website is to share your thoughts and opinions with others. You created an account just to post your opinion so how can you rag on us for doing the same?

I do subscribe to Nicole and generally enjoy her videos. However this thread isn't about her videos, it's about the skin care line she's a face of. Finally I don't know where you got the idea that organic means better (my partner is a farmer and sorry to burst your bubble but organic food is a scam) but not all beauty products are created equally nor do they all contain crap products. Organic labeling or not.

kD1985
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kD1985 »

I signed up so I could reply to what other's are saying and I'm addressing the fact that a question was asked regarding if anyone had tried it and to share their thought on the product. That question was not answered and people instead are just talking crap. Your response was the mildest, I wasn't directing my comment directly to you, it was more generalized. In regards to how people are subscribed to her, I said it because people sub to YouTubers yet just talk a bunch of mess. I wonder if people were taught the *Golden Rule* Treat others as you would like to be treated. Simple. If people don't like her, her products, how she talks, cool... just keep your negativity to yourself. If a question was asked, answer it in an educational manner... instead of belittling another in various ways. Again... your response was not like others, but I appreciated your response. And yes, sadly I did create an account... because I couldn't respond any other way. I've known of this site for a long time now and just signed up yesterday.

kD1985
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kD1985 »

Sorry, but I didn't respond to the "organic" comment. This was mentioned because the ingredients became a key topic. I get it. Nobody likes using crappy ingredients, but sadly it's a reality. I myself can't stand using something if I know whale blubber is in it... does that stop me from buying products with it? No... Should I try to, of course. I just have to be realistic and figure out what to do if it's really an issue to me. And yes, I do know that it's a crock of crap when something is labeled organic. So no surprise there. At the end of the day, people put baby foreskin on their faces if it means they'll gain a youthful appearance. I wouldn't... it's everyone's preference.... but again... just don't bash and bash. These topics can become more of a personal attack on the individual and that's where things go wrong.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

kD1985 wrote:In regards to how people are subscribed to her, I said it because people sub to YouTubers yet just talk a bunch of mess. I wonder if people were taught the *Golden Rule* Treat others as you would like to be treated. Simple. If people don't like her, her products, how she talks, cool... just keep your negativity to yourself.
This thread is in the Trash forum.... So people are going to be negative. They are allowed to. What the hell is up with all these people coming in to the trash forums lately to reprimand us posting? This thread is not just for people that have tried it. I am glad I saw the price comparison to the Tarte oil by someone that oh shock, *gasp* DIDN'T TRY THE PRODUCT! :roll:

Apsinthos
Informer
Informer

Post by Apsinthos »

For all the people not understanding why she isn't marketing her product.... Well the strategy is not marketing it at all leaving many ppl curious 4 out of 6 ppl will buy just out of curiosity.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Jax-
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Jax- »

I bought her lip mask out of curiosity since she raves about it and in all honesty I really like it. It smells really strong like perfume though and I believe she addressed that at one point and said that it won't change because she likes it?? Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. Nonetheless its a good product but probably the only one out of all the products that you will get the most bang for your buck (plus there was a shipping error and I got one sent to me for free whoops). I wont buy any of the other products though because they just don't seem appealing enough for me to through money at her.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Jax- wrote:I bought her lip mask out of curiosity since she raves about it and in all honesty I really like it. It smells really strong like perfume though and I believe she addressed that at one point and said that it won't change because she likes it?? Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. Nonetheless its a good product but probably the only one out of all the products that you will get the most bang for your buck (plus there was a shipping error and I got one sent to me for free whoops). I wont buy any of the other products though because they just don't seem appealing enough for me to through money at her.
good to know! I was interested in the spray and the lip mask! that's dumb if she doesn't make any other scents... the main gripe people have with it seem to be the rose scent because not everyone likes the smell of roses

soccermomgoth
Talker
Talker

Post by soccermomgoth »

I'm interested in the lip mask as well... i have the same problem with liquid lipsticks where it just gets too dry and she seems to rave about them now since she started putting her lip mask under the liquid lipsticks. I just dont have that kinda money to spend on a lip mask lol, does anyone have any suggestions on lip balm/masks that make wearing liquid lips more comfortable?

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

soccermomgoth wrote:I'm interested in the lip mask as well... i have the same problem with liquid lipsticks where it just gets too dry and she seems to rave about them now since she started putting her lip mask under the liquid lipsticks. I just dont have that kinda money to spend on a lip mask lol, does anyone have any suggestions on lip balm/masks that make wearing liquid lips more comfortable?
I use dr.lipp nipple balm for lips. It is 100% lanolin wax. Only problem is then the liquid lipsticks don't have the same lasting power.

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the BDB Lip Masque. Some have said it's not as good as the Bite Beauty one. I've used both and I definitely prefer BDB. It's awesome. She never pushes her products that I've seen, aside from mentioning that one should always use some type of lip masque under a liquid lipstick, even if it's not her's. She does say how much she loves her lip masque from time to time. This subtle marketing strategy, if it was that, worked on me. I bought it and I love it. The ingredients aren't hinky or suspect at all.

I just ordered 2 more pots of it. One will last you awhile. Yeah, some may not like the taste. But it's not far off from how the Christian Dior Rose Lip Balm tastes. And BTW, I would love to get my money back on that crap. You get more product from the BDB masque and it's much more effective, IMO. The CD lip balm, for me personally, dries my lips out. And let me add that I was never somebody that thought they'd buy a product with a YouTuber's name on it. Unless it was Jordan Liberty, a real MUA. But the lip masque is the only thing I'm willing to try. I have oily skin and I have a system that works for my skin that does include a prescription cream from a dermatologist and my awesome moisturizer from Estee Lauder. I know this is a trash thread. But if you're going to try anything from Nicole's line, try the lip masque. Just my 50 cents.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

LolaGrace wrote:I LOVE LOVE LOVE the BDB Lip Masque. Some have said it's not as good as the Bite Beauty one. I've used both and I definitely prefer BDB. It's awesome. She never pushes her products that I've seen, aside from mentioning that one should always use some type of lip masque under a liquid lipstick, even if it's not her's. She does say how much she loves her lip masque from time to time. This subtle marketing strategy, if it was that, worked on me. I bought it and I love it. The ingredients aren't hinky or suspect at all.

I just ordered 2 more pots of it. One will last you awhile. Yeah, some may not like the taste. But it's not far off from how the Christian Dior Rose Lip Balm tastes. And BTW, I would love to get my money back on that crap. You get more product from the BDB masque and it's much more effective, IMO. The CD lip balm, for me personally, dries my lips out. And let me add that I was never somebody that thought they'd buy a product with a YouTuber's name on it. Unless it was Jordan Liberty, a real MUA. But the lip masque is the only thing I'm willing to try. I have oily skin and I have a system that works for my skin that does include a prescription cream from a dermatologist and my awesome moisturizer from Estee Lauder. I know this is a trash thread. But if you're going to try anything from Nicole's line, try the lip masque. Just my 50 cents.
thanks Lola!! I was waiting for someone to try it first and let me know if it really works. I think I might get it then. It is still kind of expensive imo. But I tend to prefer drugstore pricing. I still hope she comes out with other flavors/scents

whyamiwatchingyt
Talker
Talker

Post by whyamiwatchingyt »

I bOught the lip mask and got it a few days ago. I actually really love it. I get super dry chapped lips and in a day of using this they already feel and look so much better. The scent is very light which I like. I think its worth every penny.

makemethink
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by makemethink »

any good reviews of it on youtube?

Sweetsourpatch
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sweetsourpatch »

Same here. Got the lip mask and I LOVE it. I have tried quite a few others, some being the bite beauty, Kari gran, and also aquaphor. This leaves my lips soft and not chapped to the point that I am so used to needing that balm feeling I find myself wanting to put on balm but not needing it

Sweetsourpatch
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sweetsourpatch »

Same here. Got the lip mask and I LOVE it. I have tried quite a few others, some being the bite beauty, Kari gran, and also aquaphor. This leaves my lips soft and not chapped to the point that I am so used to needing that balm feeling I find myself wanting to put on balm but not needing it

Return to “Nguerriero19 (Nicole Guerriero)”