Any thoughts?

BlushGirl
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BeautyFulfilled / Kaushal Beauty

Post by BlushGirl »

Kaushal Beauty always comes across as a little smug to me. I'm not sure why that is. i like some of her make up looks though, pretty simple.

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

I don't watch her much tbh just a one off. Is she pregnant?

unipire
Lurker
Lurker

Post by unipire »

She's doing the "Some of the above links may be affiliates." now as well. Maybe it's just me but I find that very disrespectful to her viewers

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

unipire wrote:She's doing the "Some of the above links may be affiliates." now as well. Maybe it's just me but I find that very disrespectful to her viewers
What does this exactly mean? I never got it

upintheair
Informer
Informer

Post by upintheair »

I actually really like her. It's nice seeing a fellow desi girl on YouTube! She is talented and very pretty, and the looks she does is on point. Especially when it comes to the desi festivities looks. It's nice to see she has the amount of subscribers that she has, I hope she becomes more successful.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

I've always liked her, she's sweet and doesn't push sponsored products though she uses them a lot. But after ICON UK, I can see that her skin actually looks much worse than it does in her videos & her makeup looks patchy and unblended. I'm really shocked, I always thought she piled on too much of product but she still looked flawless in her videos so I never complained. I wonder if it was all because of photoshop airbrush & filters.
I also don't think she's secure about her body weight even though she's always said otherwise.

wutyagonnado
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by wutyagonnado »

tired_of_bs wrote:I've always liked her, she's sweet and doesn't push sponsored products though she uses them a lot. But after ICON UK, I can see that her skin actually looks much worse than it does in her videos & her makeup looks patchy and unblended. I'm really shocked, I always thought she piled on too much of product but she still looked flawless in her videos so I never complained. I wonder if it was all because of photoshop airbrush & filters.
I also don't think she's secure about her body weight even though she's always said otherwise.
Yea in the ICON UK videos her contouring does not look good at all, it's like a clear line.

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

I really like Kaushal, but I agree that her contour can be too obvious to the point of distracting sometimes. It seems like she's so used to her lighting and the way it looks on her videos that she doesn't consider how it translates in real life. I think she's a little too heavy with contour in her own videos, but it looks straight up muddy in the Icon UK videos. I've taken to kind of ignoring it, though, because I still like watching her and enjoy her personality.

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

She is killing it on the ICON UK channel. The regular ICON is not doing as well as ICON UK and the only videos that seem to be popular on ICON UK are her videos. I'm not surprised, she has a great camera personality. Very personable without being over the top.

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

I do enjoy her videos and it's so nice to see an Indian beauty guru! I also like that she posts pretty regularly. However, lately, I feel like the fame has gone to her head....I don't really like how she responds to some of her viewers when she does respond. She just seems so defensive.

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

socialbeauty wrote:I do enjoy her videos and it's so nice to see an Indian beauty guru! I also like that she posts pretty regularly. However, lately, I feel like the fame has gone to her head....I don't really like how she responds to some of her viewers when she does respond. She just seems so defensive.

I remember there was a video in which she was doing a voice over and a lot of people commented that she made lot of mistakes and she should do talk-throughs instead. I'm a long time follower of her channel & I find that her voice-overs are always flawless. She made couple of mistakes once & the newbies to her channel commented on it & that got to her, which is OK IMO. She simply replied that her voice overs are mostly good except for this one time. Which is true.

I definitely think Kaushal's changed. A lot of the products she uses are sent to her and rarely feature in her favorites. She did a GYM routine video just for a sponsored product and I'm pretty sure she has never gone to the gym. In that video she said that she has just started going to the gym or it was her first time or something like that...3 months later and she doesn't look a bit different, nor have I seen any gym selfies/pics or routines from her. I GET that you need to make money but at least be 1% honest about it, if I want an actual commercial I'll switch on the goddamn TV.

And yes she really needs to tone down her contour....she literally takes her brush upto her lips, everyone knows you're supposed to go halfway.

melzalfiephanhugz
Talker
Talker

Post by melzalfiephanhugz »

whatwut wrote:She is killing it on the ICON UK channel. The regular ICON is not doing as well as ICON UK and the only videos that seem to be popular on ICON UK are her videos. I'm not surprised, she has a great camera personality. Very personable without being over the top.
I agree I LOVE ICON UK so far!! I wanna see a lot more with Kaushal and also Melanie Murphy the Irish girl I've watched her as long as I've watched Kaushal and both are so underrated imo <3 <3 <3

slgnouasgou
Learner
Learner

Post by slgnouasgou »

melzalfiephanhugz wrote:
whatwut wrote:She is killing it on the ICON UK channel. The regular ICON is not doing as well as ICON UK and the only videos that seem to be popular on ICON UK are her videos. I'm not surprised, she has a great camera personality. Very personable without being over the top.
I agree I LOVE ICON UK so far!! I wanna see a lot more with Kaushal and also Melanie Murphy the Irish girl I've watched her as long as I've watched Kaushal and both are so underrated imo <3 <3 <3
Yup, I feel like ICON should be just them. Michelle adds like nothing of value though.

slgnouasgou
Learner
Learner

Post by slgnouasgou »

I love her looks a lot, but does anyone feel like she goes wayyyy overboard sometimes? Like her latest "strobbing" video, holy shit. It looks beautiful on camera and films wonderfully, but I have to wonder what it looks like in real life?

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

Yeah, that's been my only issue with her too. Her looks are really camera friendly, but every time she adds multiple layers of foundation and concealer to her face, I can't imagine it looking non-cakey in person. You can't trust Instagram for a realistic photo either. But sweet girl.

slgnouasgou
Learner
Learner

Post by slgnouasgou »

I'm not saying this to be mean, but because I actually don't understand.

What's the point of doing cream highlight/contour, setting it with a powder, and then going over it AGAIN with another powder highlight and powder. She does this without fail in every video but has never explained why, and I don't understand the point of it.

Isa
Learner
Learner

Post by Isa »

I recently started watching her videos & I'm honestly torn about her. I feel like half of her looks are pretty good and she seems to have a decent on-camera personality, but the other half her technique is so sloppy and heavy that I can't imagine it looking good without heavy filtering and the way she edits her videos/voice-overs can be really irritating. Like in her most recent video there's a couple of times she's still talking about the previous step while showing the next one and she left in mistakes and tried to play it off all cutesy which just left me like... You know you're editing this, right? You can just take that out.

I do like that her looks aren't as high-end brand/specific product oriented which probably makes her looks more accessible to a younger audience. She uses nicer brands for sure but isn't so preachy about it like other gurus can be.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I just started watching her when I was searching for youtubers with oily skin even though she is combination but she is so very pretty and her looks are wonderful I feel.

hey-flower
Learner
Learner

Post by hey-flower »

I was blown away when i first watched her video (the Kylie Jenner one) and then i binge watched 15 or so videos, and after being subscribed for about almost a year i feel like her recent videos are boring. Doing 5 makeup tutorials in a row is boring for me, especially when the looks aren't outstanding, they're all pretty basics looks.

And yeah she looks flawless from far away with the camera lighting and filters, but in close ups it looks soooo cakey, and she has a lot of little bumps everywhere, definitely because of her skincare routine, in which she doesn't clean her face properly.

Side note: also i know in the Indian culture being 'fair' is extremely beautiful, but i feel like she purposely makes the camera lighting bright so she looks whiter. I'm indian and have a medium skin tone and we actually wear the same foundation colours, yet there's a huge difference between my skin compared to the screen.

Also yes the way she talk annoys me so much, i started noticing her mistakes when talking, and she keep making more in every video i watch.

Return to “BeautyFulfilled / Kaushal Beauty”