Markiplier

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier

Post by shyguyflys »

I understand that sometimes some of the words being said on here can strike a chord or two. There are a few times on here myself where something has bothered me more than it probably should have. I have been one of those people asking to keep the mentions of her and others to a minimum, so I am trying to follow my word myself. I understand that we cannot control the things that people decide to post on here, but we can control how we react to it.

FatPrincess
Talker
Talker

Post by FatPrincess »

handlewithcare wrote: Fuck you.
Shes a good person and she deserves to be happy. I can't believe we are back on this again. Do you have any idea what your doing writing shit like this. She's a real fucking person trying to live her goddamn life. Imagine, for one second, how hard it has to be for her to try and move on with her life. Good for her, starting a channel. Now she can have her own online presence without being reffered to as "markipliers ex". Its so easy to forget that these are REAL people because we only see what they post online.
Nothing has ever been said on this board to warrant that sort of response.
When I had issues with what was being said by other board members, I removed myself from the situation for a time. I had private, CIVIL conversations with said board members.
If I was a mod, I would ban you straight out.

FroGert did not post links to false information. It's true that the ex has gone public and is trying to start her own channel. Until she starts posting cosplay videos, any information about her is officially fair game to post here.
But as soon as she does, start a thread for her and carry on.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

I don't know if the issue is about the links more so than it is about the statement that preceded the links. Either way, I think it's fitting that since she already has her YouTube channel that she can get "promoted" any time now and get a thread dedicated to her. At some point, posting information exclusively about her becomes irrelevant to the topic of Mark, since he is his own entity.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

I'm going to put my two cents in and say it's fair game because she brought it up herself. And I am actually glad in the manner she did! It had a very respectful tone, and really informative. Plus who knows it might help other people in similar situations.

Ely
Talker
Talker

Post by Ely »

I decide to take a short break from GG until my life has stabilize enough to return only to this; although it is definitely a improvement over the previous time I was here.

Here are my own two cents over this situation especially after reading her side and everyone's sides.

As much as I do believe there should be more awareness to the multiple ways of handling certain disorders, I do have one issue with her long tl;dr rant and it's this -- she basically threw Mark under the bus and is definitely trying to get attention for herself. Now, I don't want to be cynical and believe she is doing this to attract Mark's fanbase to her channel because she basically did not clear anything up other than telling people "why aren't you caring about me more? why do you all just care about just Mark? I'm as much as a victim too!" It is clear she is annoyed by the whispers and rumors flooding around her -- which I do not blame her for -- but it is sometimes best to ignore those whispers and rumors than doing this kind of action because it makes her, in my eyes, seem more negative than positive. The internet is unfortunately a lot like high school. What is the best way to deal with gossip and rumors? Ignoring them because the more attention you put to them while trying to desperately clear it up, the more people will believe the rumor than the actual individual's words.

I do not agree with her youtube channel getting linked in Mark's thread because I don't wish to give her more viewers, but her post on tumblr I do agree with because in a way she is definitely making Mark seem bad. We all know those two have been dating for two years, they even lived together, so for her to blatantly say she didn't have the financial help in seeing her doctor; it's difficult to believe. Is she saying that Mark didn't help her in the slightest? Mark, our generous philanthropist, didn't offer any help to his girlfriend? For me, it definitely sounds like it.

I don't believe her wholeheartedly about not having the money to pay for her therapist, but I won't get into that detail until she gets her own thread in GG. After all, this is Mark's thread, not hers. Right now, I am more concerned about Mark because this post of hers on tumblr doesn't sit right with me. She is giving off too much information about herself, posting it in Mark's tag, and tactfully threw Mark under the bus without anyone noticing because of her information concerning mental health.

If she truly wished to discuss the issue over mental health, then she should have done so in her own tumblr, as her own post, without dragging Mark or his fans into it. She has Facebook and Twitter. A grand portion of Mark's fans follow her or check on her social media. There could have been multiple ways to handle this issue without dragging Mark into it. I do believe this is where we all feel most annoyed about, correct?

Post by Guest »

I still stand by my nobody comment.

Because she is.

She isn't self made, her being known (albeit shallowly) on the internet isn't through her own hard work or by the sweat of her brow.

The single only reason we know about her is Mark.

That is literally it.

No other reason.

The reason I posted that? because she outs herself, implies Mark is an uncaring, selfish asshole who wouldn't help his girlfriend with her mental health needs when she is poor or without money.

Lets take a step back and remember this is charity streaming, flights and accommodation for friends at cons, make a wish granting, money giving away Mark. She implied he wouldn't shell out money for her when by his own admission, "would do anything for his girlfriend" the same guy who chose girlfriend over family if we remember correctly.

She is using any attention from his fanbase to carve out her own square on the internet.

I probably shouldn't have linked her youtube, but hey she got free promo from a space that talks about mark and is visited by his fans.

She wants nothing more then to be known as Markiplier ex.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

I have to admit, her comment about Mark's comfort versus her mental well-being seemed a little odd, but I don't think she was implying that Mark left her in the cold on the therapy thing. That could have been before she met him.

I feel bad for her because she is going through so much and I am glad that therapy helps her. She seems like a nice person from what little I have seen and I wish her luck.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

whodunit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by whodunit »

Hi Hi, LONG time lurker finally joining the fray!

Call me dense but…I don’t really see how what she posted was an admission of guilt?

I mean, yeah she hijacked a post from another fan basically but they were already talking about her and she never really addresses anything but the mentally ill schtick?

To address Ely’s tumblr concerns, it wasn’t in the tag. Reblogs won’t show in a tag, only original posts will. And the only thing she did tag it with anyway is “personal” so it WAS on her own blog, and it was under a “keep reading” break and she included a TL;DR. I mean it only has like 8 notes, this is not some call out/exposure of Mark even if it HAD talked about him. Actually, I think posting it here will drive more traffic to it than it got on her blog.

Again, I don’t see anything in there about Mark. She said she was a teenager when diagnosed, 4 years ago? and we think they were together for 2? so There’s a 2 year buffer there it’s very possible she may have struggled on her own to afford a therapist. She also said she was seeing a therapist “before, during, and after” the blow up which would include when she was with Mark. It could also be a pride factor, a lot of people don’t like to take money they didn’t earn from anyone. So maybe he tried to help her but she wasn’t comfortable with it! We don’t know…cause she didn’t mention him while talking about it haha;)

As for Frogert, she seems more annoyed by the attention than pleased? I mean it’s a double edged sword, we all know and I guarantee she knows too that majority of those are hate follows. I think that was the nature of the “Mark’s comfort vs her well being” comment. I don’t mean to be rude, this is just an observation from reading a lot of forums on here, people tend to go looking for bones to pick with people, confirmation bias for their own ideas and jealousies( oh no, the j word!) rather than taking up valid critiques/complaints, and that’s what a lot of the bad vibes being thrown her way seem to be from my perspective.

I’ve followed her for a while, I don’t think she’s that vindictive. Wouldn’t she have posted a huge call out if that were the case? She was pretty unstable when all of this happened and she still didn’t throw any blame his way except to say that he hurt her. I know if my SO went off to a con to have fun while i was in the hospital, I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed silent. It’s entirely possible he WAS the bad guy in the break up. We have to remember that we only see what Mark wants us to see, and it’s not like the dude throws hard hours into community work or anything, he plays some games and then cuts a check, the majority of which was donated by the fans. And to further my point, it’s not like he’s a 9-5 salary man who gives hard earned cash that will take him months to make up, with his sub and view counts, he’s well past millionaire status.

Wow that was pretty harsh. I like Mark! Promise haha! Just playing devil’s advocate a little too well I guess... I like them both honestly, and they’ve both been through so much, I hope they’re both okay. They’re obviously on good terms cause he follows her on all social media, is still friends with her on Facebook, and recently followed her on IG. And if anyone noticed, she said she stayed in LA for a few days to catch up with friends or something like that...

whodunit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by whodunit »

I can't figure out how to edit :? sorry for double posting! I just wanted to clarify I didn't mean to imply that you guys didn't have valid critiques! You keep it pretty respectful, I was mostly just saying "this site in general" and "specifically towards her" but you're all still respectful in that realm too, I just think it's a bit misplaced. Hope that makes sense and I didn't mean to insult anyone!

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

I'm gone for one month and once again talk on Jess. Leave her alone. Yea this is Marks topic in regards to aspects of his life but seeing as how she implied that she's not happy with this forum should be a clear step to no longer speak of her. Interperpeting why Mark didn't help her out yada yada isnt any of our business. He had his situations and reasons as does Jess. To use what she told from her heart on tumblr is downright awful.

And let's be clear she, even Mark and his friends know of this forum so while we are within our own freedoms, it's still common curtosy to them to not publicly mention things that may be of sensitivity to them. Jack being on here should have been a sign they're all watching and we could use this as chance to give constructive critism and what not. Not mean spirited gossip (though many of you aren't guilty of that, I've seen a lil salt in earlier posts)
TL;DR

Unless it's in regards to enjoying her Cosplay,let's leave any further mention of Jess out because new fans likely scroll here to and crazy ones may attack her.

Let's stop making Mark seem like he's the new incarnation of Stalin, Mao and Ceaușescu wrapped in a blanket. His reasons for anything are of his own business and not ours.

Sorry for the salt but I'm honestly now sick of seeing her name here. I know we've esta we support her but new crazies are going to twist everything and run in their heads OMGZZZZX MARKIMOOS EX I MUST ATTACKS HER MARKIMOO IZ MINE!!!

God Im a noob :rofl:

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

Well, Gorilla, I'm sick of seeing her name on here as well, but not for the same reasons you are. In fact, I'm considering giving her her own thread since she's a YTer and because this thread needs to go back to being strictly about Mark.

Now, to counter your salt:
Many threads on GG do not care about common courtesy; many people are on GG because of that. They can say what they want and be done with it. Because of that, many YTers, fully knowing about this site, ignore it. There are certain battles worth fighting, and this site is not one of them because of the general consensus on the site as a whole; GG is infamous for its ability to not follow the "rules". So, coming here expecting common courtesy is a giant no-no. At the end of the day, this is a gossip site, and we cannot always control the things that are said here. The only reason some of us here (myself included) try to maintain respect for one another is because the conversation flows so much better when we're all respecting one another's thoughts and opinions.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

frogert wrote:I still stand by my nobody comment.

Because she is.

She isn't self made, her being known (albeit shallowly) on the internet isn't through her own hard work or by the sweat of her brow.

The single only reason we know about her is Mark.

That is literally it.

No other reason.

The reason I posted that? because she outs herself, implies Mark is an uncaring, selfish asshole who wouldn't help his girlfriend with her mental health needs when she is poor or without money.

Lets take a step back and remember this is charity streaming, flights and accommodation for friends at cons, make a wish granting, money giving away Mark. She implied he wouldn't shell out money for her when by his own admission, "would do anything for his girlfriend" the same guy who chose girlfriend over family if we remember correctly.

She is using any attention from his fanbase to carve out her own square on the internet.

I probably shouldn't have linked her youtube, but hey she got free promo from a space that talks about mark and is visited by his fans.

She wants nothing more then to be known as Markiplier ex.

You seem to have some type of vendetta against this girl. I don't know her personally so I dont know any major part of how shitty or good of a person she is but what you said is still uncalled for.

Yes, we all know she is now labeled "Marks ex" and reading her post she didn't give insight on how he is as a person. Jess is in the postition to ruin Mark at any point by claiming things such as abuse or he is in truth an extremely shitty person (I seriously don't get that vibe from him at all) and all the while doing that she can play helpless ex left in the dust to promote herself. She and a good lot of Marks friends have that power of position over him but even through body language and implications, his friends and even she have proven that Marks not a bad guy. He does care, he does this and that ans is quite true to his words in his gunuine behavior. But like we all constantly and wndlessly mention, that doesn't elementare his human qualities of negatives and mistakes.

Mark and Jess are only guilty of having a relationship and having it go south like any normal one and millions more. I'm sure many of us here have been the "bad guy" in a relationship but these two people lived intimatly (I mean this in the context of they had a closer relationship than any of Mark and his fans) and broke up for reasons that do not concern us.

You seem to either have a vendetta with these two people or you honestly look forward to both their downfalls. It's a strong vibe im getting from you.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

shyguyflys wrote:Well, Gorilla, I'm sick of seeing her name on here as well, but not for the same reasons you are. In fact, I'm considering giving her her own thread since she's a YTer and because this thread needs to go back to being strictly about Mark.

Now, to counter your salt:
Many threads on GG do not care about common courtesy; many people are on GG because of that. They can say what they want and be done with it. Because of that, many YTers, fully knowing about this site, ignore it. There are certain battles worth fighting, and this site is not one of them because of the general consensus on the site as a whole; GG is infamous for its ability to not follow the "rules". So, coming here expecting common courtesy is a giant no-no. At the end of the day, this is a gossip site, and we cannot always control the things that are said here. The only reason some of us here (myself included) try to maintain respect for one another is because the conversation flows so much better when we're all respecting one another's thoughts and opinions.
I couldn't agree more with you! I would love to see her have a thread of her own but for the reasons to promote her and perhaps have a place where we can giver her good critisms and improvements on her own works!

I spent a little to much time defending Mark, for the reasons of not that I'm a super fan and he's my ultimate fave (I mean I'm a fan but not stuck up his ass so far like q lot of people on tumblr are)

But as far as Jess, I don't know. I found out about her through here actually. But the vibes I get from that girl is that she truly is passionate in her own projects and interests. I don't like it when people try to make her seem like Mark helpless broken ex who is on the verge of suicide because Iade that mistake in thinking that.

Jess, if you're here, many of us support you. You have worked hard in getting your cosplays and fashions out there. It's a tough thing and soon you'll be on your way!

I'm sorry if i sound cringe worthy, but Jess and if I may go further Mark and I have a shared situation in which I can relate to them on and it may be why im quite defensive on them

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

[quote="whodunit"]Hi Hi, LONG time lurker finally joining the fray!

Call me dense but…I don’t really see how what she posted was an admission of guilt?

I mean, yeah she hijacked a post from another fan basically but they were already talking about her and she never really addresses anything but the mentally ill schtick?

To address Ely’s tumblr concerns, it wasn’t in the tag. Reblogs won’t show in a tag, only original posts will. And the only thing she did tag it with anyway is “personal” so it WAS on her own blog, and it was under a “keep reading” break and she included a TL;DR. I mean it only has like 8 notes, this is not some call out/exposure of Mark even if it HAD talked about him. Actually, I think posting it here will drive more traffic to it than it got on her blog.

Again, I don’t see anything in there about Mark. She said she was a teenager when diagnosed, 4 years ago? and we think they were together for 2? so There’s a 2 year buffer there it’s very possible she may have struggled on her own to afford a therapist. She also said she was seeing a therapist “before, during, and after” the blow up which would include when she was with Mark. It could also be a pride factor, a lot of people don’t like to take money they didn’t earn from anyone. So maybe he tried to help her but she wasn’t comfortable with it! We don’t know…cause she didn’t mention him while talking about it haha;)

As for Frogert, she seems more annoyed by the attention than pleased? I mean it’s a double edged sword, we all know and I guarantee she knows too that majority of those are hate follows. I think that was the nature of the “Mark’s comfort vs her well being” comment. I don’t mean to be rude, this is just an observation from reading a lot of forums on here, people tend to go looking for bones to pick with people, confirmation bias for their own ideas and jealousies( oh no, the j word!) rather than taking up valid critiques/complaints, and that’s what a lot of the bad vibes being thrown her way seem to be from my perspective.

I’ve followed her for a while, I don’t think she’s that vindictive. Wouldn’t she have posted a huge call out if that were the case? She was pretty unstable when all of this happened and she still didn’t throw any blame his way except to say that he hurt her. I know if my SO went off to a con to have fun while i was in the hospital, I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed silent. It’s entirely possible he WAS the bad guy in the break up. We have to remember that we only see what Mark wants us to see, and it’s not like the dude throws hard hours into community work or anything, he plays some games and then cuts a check, the majority of which was donated by the fans. And to further my point, it’s not like he’s a 9-5 salary man who gives hard earned cash that will take him months to make up, with his sub and view counts, he’s well past millionaire status.

Wow that was pretty harsh. I like Mark! Promise haha! Just playing devil’s advocate a little too well I guess... I like them both honestly, and they’ve both been through so much, I hope they’re both okay. They’re obviously on good terms cause he follows her on all social media, is still friends with her on Facebook, and recently followed her on IG. And if anyone noticed, she said she stayed in LA for a few days to catch up with friends or something like that...[/quote
Yeah you were a bit harsh, but I lioe givingn Mark the benefit of the doubt. After taxes he still makes good money but perhaps he's rooting it to family and friends and his natural wants and needs?
Like he's implied, he's an employee for Polaris/Maker. If he doesn't follow contract he can get fired.
Perhaps make does do community services in certain ways but doesn't see the need of posting every little thing. Cause let's admit that would be kinda douchy I guess...

I like the guy to. And perhaps Mark was paid to go to PAX and skipping on it would have put his ass in grass. He and Jess likely settled things in their own privacy.

Let's all put ourselves in their shoes. Imaging you're in a high school and you break up with your significant other. You have the entire school making rumors of you, gossip, making assumptions and getting I to your business. Mark and Jess are tough and strong but naturally it may hurt then seeing people assumptions on their time together and making themselves out to be horrible people.

It's so cringey seeing people tag shit about her on tumblr X(

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

SIDE NOTE: I recently noticed that we are only a few pages away from Mark being a full-fledged forum rather than a thread. What this means is that things can be sorted out. I don't know if individual posts from these last 38 pages or so can all be sorted out into particular subtopics, but having a forum in general would make everything so much more organized. Plus, for those of you only here to see criticism concerning Mark, you could then just go to that subtopic and avoid seeing things that you would rather not read. This is going to be great!

personthepanda
Learner
Learner

Post by personthepanda »

I actually started following her on tumblr and on twitter a while ago because when I saw the things she was posting, I found them quite relatable and some funny. My impression of her is that she had a rough patch ( I can totally relate to that lol) and now she's trying to move past it and continue doing something she is truly passionate about! I'm actually super excited to see her projects and maybe in the future possibly have her own thread!

I think people need to take a step back and look at the situation from all perspectives, like people here have said earlier, we don't know what happened with them but it's not really our business to find out....regardless of if it's being discussed on a gossip site/thread. I know I personally hate it when people inquire about my relationships (past/present/future).

Also what people were saying about her being able to possibly drag Mark's ass through the dirt....she totally could've have, or maybe there isn't anything to talk about...maybe Mark was nothing but good to her. Who knows. I do know that she deserves to try and become her own person and I hope she does well!!!! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

Gorilla,
I originally said that I would not join the ship that will hit the iceberg, but I will only board it for once until I am able to construct a nice raft haha.

I agree with you on that she is passionate about the things involved with her projects. She has been an avid anime enthusiast and cosplayer for quite some time. However, she does have a lot more to do aside from other people in that she needs to establish herself outside of the Markiplier realm. In fact, that is why I'm partially iffy by her being mentioned here - because she is continually being associated with Mark and not being associated with her own projects. Mentioning her here gives her attention that is not rightfully earned due to her own achievements. I cannot respect her as a YouTuber and cosplayer if the attention she gets is not rightfully earned from her own hard work; it's not much of an achievement in my eyes to only be known because you happened to date a famed YouTuber.

There are many, though, who are not convinced that she is doing this for strictly herself and by her own merits; rather, they are convinced that she is doing this to get Mark back as her boyfriend and is depending on the fact that she once dated him in order to get more subs. I actually hope that this is not the case. All I want from this is for her to establish her credibility outside of Mark and to not be pursuing an ambitious project just to try to get back someone.

I already feel guilty for even posting this on Mark's thread, but you did respond to me nicely.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

personthepanda wrote:I think people need to take a step back and look at the situation from all perspectives, like people here have said earlier, we don't know what happened with them but it's not really our business to find out....regardless of if it's being discussed on a gossip site/thread. I know I personally hate it when people inquire about my relationships (past/present/future).
The only reason I care about being inquiring on my relationships is because in my state, you can get fired if you're a LGBT+ state employee. Since my state is very radical, I see openly lesbian employees being fired many times.

Anywho, I never said it was right that people discuss relationships on gossip sites and such; I only stated that it happens regardless.

personthepanda
Learner
Learner

Post by personthepanda »

shyguyflys wrote:
personthepanda wrote:I think people need to take a step back and look at the situation from all perspectives, like people here have said earlier, we don't know what happened with them but it's not really our business to find out....regardless of if it's being discussed on a gossip site/thread. I know I personally hate it when people inquire about my relationships (past/present/future).
The only reason I care about being inquiring on my relationships is because in my state, you can get fired if you're a LGBT+ state employee. Since my state is very radical, I see openly lesbian employees being fired many times.

Anywho, I never said it was right that people discuss relationships on gossip sites and such; I only stated that it happens regardless.
That's sad! I understand what you were getting at. Each person has varying degrees of comfort with sharing personal things. That's why i said I generally keep my personal stuff to myself, and that's my own preference. Everyone is different and like you said, sometimes certain situations change that :) I guess it's kinda wishful thinking that every person would be respectful in regards to personal life haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

personthepanda wrote:That's sad! I understand what you were getting at. Each person has varying degrees of comfort with sharing personal things. That's why i said I generally keep my personal stuff to myself, and that's my own preference. Everyone is different and like you said, sometimes certain situations change that :) I guess it's kinda wishful thinking that every person would be respectful in regards to personal life haha
It is what it is, sadly.

However, while on this topic, it does give me the opportunity to clear it up that GG is not responsible for the original leak of Mark's past recent relationship. We cannot take credit for that (I don't know why we would want to... we only posted what we have out of speculation or because we didn't agree with the blatant lies; I believe things can be stated without outright lying). From my own information and from other sources, Reddit had posted things about it way before information started popping up here. Even past the original Reddit post, people were leaking information. While I agree that many only leaked the info out of jealousy, that was never the reason behind my actions or behind the actions of others on here (I have no sexual or romantic thoughts about Mark whatsoever, as it may be guessed due to what I just said on here earlier).

Return to “Markiplier”