Markiplier - Part 10

p34chy
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 10

Post by p34chy »

i've been removed from this board and everything markiplier related for over a year now, but after being at pax with my boyfriend who is close to mark in the youtube sphere (business wise mainly) and seeing the whole commotion over amy (her presence at the signing? really?) i had to come creep a bit again.

amy started out quite private to reduce any craze over her reveal and once she did reveal who she is, i think she has slowly come to realize what it can do for her, career-wise and self-esteem wise. like you all have said she's fresh out of college in an extremely competitive industry. mark's the perfect in for her. and looks wise, well, it's not my intention to be disrespectful and i'm not usually critical of someone physically, but she doesn't have much going for her there. seeing thousands of girls tell her she's pretty and perfect is quite a boost.

tl;dr i think she has slowly come to realize the amount of attention she can receive and control over it she has in this situation and is starting to rake it all in as much as possible.

it's quite sad, really, because once you take this swarm over her out of the picture, what's left? what's the impressive work that she's done? what qualifies her as a role model? who is she beyond markiplier's girlfriend? her depiction of independence in her first vlog is so plastic, she lives in a shadow of someone else that she's trying to morph as her own.

Post by Guest »

cosmix wrote:Yeah, the bit with Tyler, Ethan, and Kathryn was funny. But other than that...eek. Like I said, he's just one butt and one pelvis away. Mark, no...why? We don't need this in our lives! But in all honesty, it's just kind of sad. Like you said, it used to be funny (just like the septiplier thing, it was enjoyable when it was just a joke). But nowadays it just seems like he's whoring himself out, which is sad. Like, do what you want with your body, but when it's obviously for attention...yikes. And then the fangirls are just eating it up. :/

(btw, you have no idea how hard it was to write this. Every 5-10 seconds it would click out of the text box. I've never been so stressed to type fast. XD)
Lol, I made my opinion of the nudity quite clear in the video's comment section. I basically said I didn't need to see that. The nakedness just came out of nowhere and it was very jarring. When I was 14 I would have been unphased, but I'm 30 now, and not interested in the childishness (also, people without some form of dignity regarding their bodies gets on my damn nerves). Someone literally responded to my comment saying "Yes you did", I'm sure thinking it was funny. Yeah, uh, it's not. Not to mention the whole thing was weird. I mean, Mark has ALWAYS been weird, but this nude bathtub thing was like some next level weird!

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Buttercup: Yeah...I getcha. I wouldn't say I'm extremely conservative clothing wise (I have no problem with tank tops and shorts) but I'm not a cleavage or lower buttcheeks kinda gal. For me, it really is a self respect/dignity thing. I don't feel like I have to do that to look nice and if someone's gonna see cleavage, they're gonna work for it (and be very disappointed XD). But the way Mark goes about it (especially given his knowledge of his fans...specifically the young girls), it really is sad. It's gotten past the point where it's just a funny thing, but the fan service is strong with this one. And someone who feels the need to exploit their body for attention...you gotta wonder about their self-worth a little bit. And I'm not a fan of the word whore (slut is just really fun to say...wtf) but whoring out really does fit the situation.

Avdubs: As far as Amy goes, I'd say you're probably right. She seems to like the spotlight and attention now, especially the countless girls telling her how pretty, talented, and perfect she is. I mean, I'm a self depreciating bummer, but that'd definitely get my self-esteem up at least a bit. I'll say looks-wise, she's not a bombshell or anything (which actually tends to be a good thing in a lot of cases) but she's definitely not ugly. But as far as where that would get her...not too far. Just doesn't stand out, I guess. But I definitely agree that when you take away the fangirls fawning over her, there's not much there to show. She has one video, that while it's pretty and relaxing to watch, it doesn't stand out much. And then she's got the small website. But other than that, she hasn't done much. And the fact that she seems to spend the majority of her working time doing stuff for Mark is not only a problem for the reasons we already discussed, but also the fact that if she wants to do independent/freelance work, she doesn't have much. It would suck to see her put her own projects on the back burner to focus solely on Mark. She's working for him, so money-wise (again, crappy situation) but alright. But if she's prioritizing his stuff over her own for more personal/relationship reasons, then that's a shame.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

skedaddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skedaddle »

Sooooo...... does anybody think Mark will ever call Amy his girlfriend in a video? Not only is she still being kept on the down-low, but now she has lines and featured in pointless fanservice videos for the same audience she is being protected from.

Personally I dont read too much into people being shirtless or naked on camera, but in Markipliers case he knows his demographic are underage girls and probably just likes being called sexy by them which is... gross.

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

honestly, I think with the amount of discussion here about Amy this should be moved to the markiplier relationship thread. no offence, it's just taking up the whole thread and not much discussion about his actual content.

I will say my two-cents about the subject though:
It seems Amy can't win here either way: either ppl want an "official" announcement and for Mark to include her in his content; or she is being bashed about her personality, looks and proffesion/career decisions. honestly, I wouldn't like to be in her place right now.
It seems to me the two are having fun together, and when a couple spends so much time and working together it's inevitable that- 1. ideas or perceptions will be changed over time as new possibilities arise 2. include each other in their work 3.support one another as they see fit.
I really don't understand the disgruntle about her doing fan service to his fans, signing for them ect. if they want it, and neither Mark or Amy are against it (obviously) why should anyone take offence of that?
And starting to bash her for doing nothing to "deserve this amount of exposure"? guys, we don't know the amount of work she's doing for Mark (last I heard she doing after effects for him, which if done well could really boost his videos quality) OR any of the personal projects she is working on. it's really common when building up a professional portfolio to hold back until one feels they have quality content to show, especially if she aspires to do game-art. (Just for full disclosure - I'm a game artist myself and can relate to any personal struggles of when and how to show your own work).

I'm glad this forum has been revived but geeze, the amount of toxicity towards one person is really putting me off... and quite frankly, being meing mean towards someone doesn't mean to be "critical" or level-headed discussion

Lady Em
Learner
Learner

Post by Lady Em »

kooks wrote:honestly, I think with the amount of discussion here about Amy this should be moved to the markiplier relationship thread. no offence, it's just taking up the whole thread and not much discussion about his actual content.
I used to watch his content religiously, but ever since he retweeted a certain illuminati video that made fun of his fans, I have been given the impression that he thinks his fans are a JOKE.

kooks
Talker
Talker

Post by kooks »

Lady Em wrote: I used to watch his content religiously, but ever since he retweeted a certain illuminati video that made fun of his fans, I have been given the impression that he thinks his fans are a JOKE.
huh? maybe i missed it? I love his more in-depth LP videos, like subnautica, soma and such... less keen on his sketches though he has good bits here and there (just not a type of humor that's appealing to me) so I must have missed it...
now I'm curious, mind to share a link?

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

For those of you who are new to the thread and don't know the rules, once a thread has accumulated 1000+ posts, it's supposed to be locked by a mod and a new thread is to be opened. It is also required to have a link to the new thread at the end of the old one. Please do not post anything after this one. I will be contacting a mod shortly to lock this one up.

Please continue the discussion here: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=372&t=31862

Return to “Markiplier”