Markiplier - Part 9

Lady Rorschach
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 9

Post by Lady Rorschach »

Just watched that video. GradeA completely lost me when he used the r-word.
I'm terrible at explaining things.

Lady Rorschach
Talker
Talker

Post by Lady Rorschach »

Although I will admit that it made me view Matthew Santoro differently. If you're going to copy a source, at least credit it.
I'm terrible at explaining things.

Caligula
Debater
Debater

Post by Caligula »

elegantly wrote:There's something about this guy I've never liked. For years and years I've gotten this really strange vibe that he's not as wonderful as the guy he portrays himself to be to his fangirls.
Sarai wrote:I thought GradeA's video was spot on. I was so confused when I watched Mark's video. It had no point and brought nothing to the discussion.
Agreed wholeheartedly with the both of you. I mostly hate watch him, and don't for a second believe he's as wonderful as he portrays himself. And I think Grade made his point the same way he does about everyone that pisses him off. That video Mark made was so random and not thought out in the least which is so irresponsible to do for someone in his position.

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

Post by alex_underwater »

Grade shouldn't have used the r word but other than that...I believe that he only saw Mark's "youtube has changed video" so that's probably the first impression someone outside of the fandom has when they only watch that video.
Mark can come across as really immature and that can make people not want to take him seriously when he wants to talk about something serious. He should stick to comedy and let's play and keep out of "politics" at least until he sorts his public speech skills, otherwise, this is what he gets.

Edit: if Mark expects people to just stop criticising other people, he should consider doing what he preaches.
If a youtuber falls in a stage show or tour, are they still like us?

Luckyloo
Learner
Learner

Post by Luckyloo »

I believe that grade made good points about mark saying that he knows yt and that having a lot of sub dosent mean he knows better. But taking shots at his character and appearance are just uncalled for. His opinons are based of his defensivness for his content more than yt as a community.

P.S. the game theorists also made a yt drama video if anyone wants to watch it.

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

Luckyloo wrote:I believe that grade made good points about mark saying that he knows yt and that having a lot of sub dosent mean he knows better. But taking shots at his character and appearance are just uncalled for. His opinons are based of his defensivness for his content more than yt as a community.

What exactly is Mark defending in regards to his content?

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

alex_underwater wrote:
Luckyloo wrote:I believe that grade made good points about mark saying that he knows yt and that having a lot of sub dosent mean he knows better. But taking shots at his character and appearance are just uncalled for. His opinons are based of his defensivness for his content more than yt as a community.

What exactly is Mark defending in regards to his content?
She's saying Grade was getting defensive.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

I've never heard of this GradeA fellow. But any good points he raised were lost under his need to be offensive. Dropping the r word, saying Mark has 'period blood hair' whilst having no understanding why Mark started dyeing his hair in the first place. Then using a video from 1997 to highlight Pewdiepie. It's all a bit sloppy to me.

It's a shame, he could've taken the high road but he wanted to bump along the low one instead.

youmustbecrazy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by youmustbecrazy »

Thanks for the welcome and the background info ladies.

While I will admit to having a bit of a crush on mark (he's kind of adorable) I really couldn't give a toss whether he's with someone or not, really. I did see the deleted photo before it was taken down.

My first impression without knowing who she was was that it was a very intimate photo, that they were either very close friends or that he had another secret girlfriend. If I were her and wanted to work with mark and his friends in the future, I probably wouldn't start any kind of romantic relationship but that's me. And since he is so damn secretive about any of his female friends it's hard to know what he's like with them normally. He may be that affectionate, flirty friend without meaning anything. I've had them.

The problem as I see it, is that if he chooses to keep his girlfriend secret it can hardly be for a good reason. If it's because appearing available is more profitable, that's not terribly adult. If it's because of his rabid fan base then he must know he needs to reel them in.

Honestly if he were dating anyone I hope he would just come forward and say 'this isn't a *secret* but it is *private* and you guys need to respect that.' It would die down eventually.

I personally suspect he isn't looking for a relationship because he enjoys the freedom to pursue his work and own self interests. He'd rather play video games then have to woo somebody. I think he knows he's too immature atm, and I don't mean that as an insult. I just think he's not ready to grow up, and probably has very low self esteem too.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

youmustbecrazy wrote: The problem as I see it, is that if he chooses to keep his girlfriend secret it can hardly be for a good reason. If it's because appearing available is more profitable, that's not terribly adult. If it's because of his rabid fan base then he must know he needs to reel them in.
That was the entire problem in a nutshell last time, yes. Most of the people who came here before the "big reveal" knew about Jess but couldn't figure out why he'd keep such a mundane part of his life not just private, but such a dark secret to the point he was okay with his own fanbase verbally ripping into others who dared to even ask if he had a gf. Not just ripping into them, but outright telling others to kill themselves because they asked something that's usually no big deal. Not just once, but repeatedly, and every time someone left the fandom over it, their remains were swept under the "rug of positivity" with disgusting regularity. People are frightened he didn't get it before and may do the same thing, meaning they'll do the same thing, and the Tumblrinas in his tag already have a reputation for being some of the meanest fans around.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

kei wrote:
youmustbecrazy wrote: The problem as I see it, is that if he chooses to keep his girlfriend secret it can hardly be for a good reason. If it's because appearing available is more profitable, that's not terribly adult. If it's because of his rabid fan base then he must know he needs to reel them in.
That was the entire problem in a nutshell last time, yes. Most of the people who came here before the "big reveal" knew about Jess but couldn't figure out why he'd keep such a mundane part of his life not just private, but such a dark secret to the point he was okay with his own fanbase verbally ripping into others who dared to even ask if he had a gf. Not just ripping into them, but outright telling others to kill themselves because they asked something that's usually no big deal. Not just once, but repeatedly, and every time someone left the fandom over it, their remains were swept under the "rug of positivity" with disgusting regularity. People are frightened he didn't get it before and may do the same thing, meaning they'll do the same thing, and the Tumblrinas in his tag already have a reputation for being some of the meanest fans around.
Not to mention that when he finally DID reveal he had been keeping a gf a secret only to promote her channel with a manipulative "it would mean the world to me if you subbed to her", the ones that originally were adamant about attacking anyone for even thinking Mark wasn't single at the time were suddenly attacking anyone who didn't blindly support the ex.

That's why people are on edge concerning HMG. Because it does look like history is repeating itself, even if in the end it might be she's just a friend or coworker. His behavior towards his relationship with Jess has soiled any trust people have in him towards girls he keeps near him.

Luckyloo
Learner
Learner

Post by Luckyloo »

Welcome to GG youmustcrazy.

Sorry to derail the current topic but on the latest subnautica Mark says that he would rather be tom cruise than tom hanks. Isn't Tom cruise like 5 foot 7 inches compared to Hanks (6 foot)? Even subconsciously he understands he's small :rofl:

Talking about his height (starts about 1.20)
[youtube][/youtube]

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

He just tweeted he's picking Chica up today. Looks like he's back in L.A. I can't wait for the pics she's adorable <3

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Anyone find it weird that he's just now picking Chica up from the doggy hotel even though he's been in LA for the past few days? I honestly don't think he went to Cincy after leaving Boston because the picture he posted with the guitar is obviously in his bathroom in LA. And all the pictures of him being in first class were during his flight back to LA.

Luckyloo
Learner
Learner

Post by Luckyloo »

romr211 wrote:Anyone find it weird that he's just now picking Chica up from the doggy hotel even though he's been in LA for the past few days? I honestly don't think he went to Cincy after leaving Boston because the picture he posted with the guitar is obviously in his bathroom in LA. And all the pictures of him being in first class were during his flight back to LA.
I don't find it weird that he is picking up Chica late. Maybe he's trying to get ahead of his schedule. I don't think he went to the wedding in Cincy either. I wonder what happened to it :?

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Luckyloo wrote:I don't find it weird that he is picking up Chica late. Maybe he's trying to get ahead of his schedule. I don't think he went to the wedding in Cincy either. I wonder what happened to it :?
True, didn't think about that.

And I was thinking that maybe the wedding is this weekend or something? He probably didn't mean that the wedding was literally at the end of April. He probably just meant that the wedding and PAX were around the same time.

But who really knows? :scratch:

p34chy
Talker
Talker

Post by p34chy »

romr211 wrote:
Luckyloo wrote:I don't find it weird that he is picking up Chica late. Maybe he's trying to get ahead of his schedule. I don't think he went to the wedding in Cincy either. I wonder what happened to it :?
True, didn't think about that.

And I was thinking that maybe the wedding is this weekend or something? He probably didn't mean that the wedding was literally at the end of April. He probably just meant that the wedding and PAX were around the same time.

But who really knows? :scratch:
I don't think he'd be picking up Chica if he's about to leave again though

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Offtopic: Ok, so we're getting close to 1000 posts, so I'm gonna make a new thread. I'll be posting the link in a little bit.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Return to “Markiplier”