LurkingActually
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier - Part 8

Post by LurkingActually »

Part 8, continue here. :wel:
Lurking, me? No, I'm not, I'm just... lurking actually.
(see what I did there? :roll: )
I mostly read on here, but sometimes I think of something original to post :D

absurdphoenix11
Learner
Learner

Re: Markiplier - Part 8

Post by absurdphoenix11 »

why not come up with witty names to name each part :D

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Post by Nyxx »

I was thinking that too! We should come up with a witty name.

Offtopic: Sorry I've been gone, been a busy gal lately and am taking care of a sick kiddo. I will be lurking for now :tu:

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Because some people (myself included) might get confused if the threads were named anything else. :rofl: Seriously though, a lot of people use the numbers to keep track when they're searching, which is why the format's been pretty uniform.

As for the sponsorship thing, the way he said "until recently" suggested it wasn't an ongoing thing, and that video came out right around the time Resident Enis 2 (which was sponsored by Disney XD) was uploaded. Between that and the things he did with both Felix and YT Rewind recently, I'm fairly certain that's what he was referring to. While he has a proven history of hiding his gf, he's thankfully never kept a sponsorship secret. If I remember correctly he even promised at one point not to hide it if he's being sponsored for something. :respekt:

absurdphoenix11
Learner
Learner

Post by absurdphoenix11 »

We'll still write "Part X" :'D
And yeah Mark is not shady when it comes to his professional integrity or whatever you'd call it, you can always trust him to say when he's sponsored and his choice of sponsorships. (I have nothing wrong with sponsorships as long as the content is still in the same vein as what we're used to and it's a nice company.)

Quick question: since Mark is in the MCN Maker's studio, which is owned by Disney, will that make Disney XD a sponsorship or a contract obligation?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

absurdphoenix11 wrote:Quick question: since Mark is in the MCN Maker's studio, which is owned by Disney, will that make Disney XD a sponsorship or a contract obligation?
That's a damn good question, actually. As far as I know he's not a direct employee (or even a contracted one) of Disney or MCN, just a partner who shares his revenue in exchange for exposure and creative opportunities. And the Resident Enis video did say "sponsored" specifically, so I think he's not actually obligated so much as incentivized to appear. Just my 2 cents on that though, since I've never been in that situation and don't know what the partner contract looks like.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

Nothing to add, just want to keep track of this thread. :)

notyourcupcake
Talker
Talker

Post by notyourcupcake »

Sorry if it came off like I was suspicious. I just happened to notice it and was more curious than anything else.

~Panger Ban~

SkullFusion
Talker
Talker

Post by SkullFusion »

I'm not even going to pretend to know anything about that subject. :D

I don't know how guys get when they're sexually frustrated but Mark seems like he is. When I am, my sex talk goes up substantially. I mean, I know he normally talks about sex but what exactly he's saying has changed. Like the getting his "sum" on you. I've been thinking he's sexually frustrated for a bit but this recent video really made me think it. Looks like it's time for him to sit on his left hand and give himself a stranger :rofl: (so sorry)

Oh, so that's what Pewds was doing during his vlogs. I thought he was shooting a movie or something. This new show looks cool but I won't be able to watch it. I don't have the money to spend on something like that especially not for just one series. I hope it does well and it's cool Mark joined in. :tu:

notyourcupcake
Talker
Talker

Post by notyourcupcake »

Offtopic: [quote="SkullFusion"]Looks like it's time for him to sit on his left hand and give himself a stranger :rofl: [/quote]

omfg. I've been laughing my ass of at this. Thank you Skull, I needed that.

~Panger Ban~

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

I'm just gonna say that Disney XD was just sponsoring Resident Enis 2. One nice thing about Maker is that they can set you up with optional offers where you can pitch ideas to different companies connected through Maker and can get paid for those ideas. I believe Random Encounters is also partnered with Maker like Mark, so that makes sense they would apply for an offer like that.

Mark has always been good when it comes to sponsors and such. He's very ethical and always says when he is or isn't getting paid for something. And from the hacked image back when it occurred, Mark didn't take too many offers to begin with last year. But likely his mention of being sponsored, if it isn't Resident Enis 2 or the Scare Pewdiepie stuff, then likely he's waiting for the embargo before saying anything. With some companies in the gaming industry, if a developer gives a content creator a copy of their game to review or play, there's an embargo in place which legally prevents that content creator from showing off any footage or give their opinion of that game until a certain date, usually the game's release date.

As for Mark being sexually frustrated, I didn't really get that from the video. He's always made sexual jokes, so that's nothing new. I mainly saw a guy having fun with a quirky game popping out sex jokes like he always does. I remember watching a Buzzfeed video (I know I'm scum :rofl: ) where a group of people, including a woman, went a whole week without masturbating. None of them were really talking sex talk, but they were definitely more frustrated and quicker to anger than anything else. Mark hasn't been acting like that unless he plays Mario Maker, which honestly I could see why with how dickish some of the levels have been. I'm sure he's done a quick jerk off in the morning and moved on with his time because I don't think right now he has time to think about that stuff. But I've been wrong before.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

*sees the recent title card for Mark's latest video*

....... Image

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

AquarianHorse wrote:*sees the recent title card for Mark's latest video*

....... Image
It's literally just his Quietest Let's Play video animated by Lixian. That scene on the thumbnail is there for a few seconds at best.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah, i ended up watching.

Lol saw a comment complaining about no undertale, and someone said to take down the vid since they trade marked animation. I presume it is a joke referencing the fine bros. Maan they lost lots of subs.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah, i ended up watching.

Lol saw a comment complaining about no undertale, and someone said to take down the vid since they trade marked animation. I presume it is a joke referencing the fine bros. Maan they lost lots of subs.
Probably. The Fine Bros. really screwed themselves over with their latest stunt. Just checked the social blade counter that shows their subscriber count in real time. It's not dropping as rapidly as when the news first broke out, and I see an occasional rise, but it's dropped a lot and it's still dropping. I doubt they'll dip below 13 million though.

Also I wonder about Undertale if Mark may play that for his charity livestream around the 20th. He'll definitely have to for Sans' fight if he chooses to do the Genocide route like Dodger and the Grumps did.

Post by Guest »

i thought that he may play undertale for the live stream as well. Didn't he say a while ago that he planned to play straight through and upload it all in like two days. If he does decide to split the stream in two days, I can see that happening. Which, again, I'm bummed that it falls on the weekend I have to work:(

Unrelated, i have a feeling there are going to be some inappropriate fanfics/art soon regarding Pewdiepie's show. I mean, Mark chained to a gurney, with Pewdiepie trying not to electrocute him. I just see some weird Bdsm crap coming. :?

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

KMS1017 wrote:i thought that he may play undertale for the live stream as well. Didn't he say a while ago that he planned to play straight through and upload it all in like two days. If he does decide to split the stream in two days, I can see that happening. Which, again, I'm bummed that it falls on the weekend I have to work:(

Unrelated, i have a feeling there are going to be some inappropriate fanfics/art soon regarding Pewdiepie's show. I mean, Mark chained to a gurney, with Pewdiepie trying not to electrocute him. I just see some weird Bdsm crap coming. :?
Well I did see the Septiplier Tumblrinas in action. Someone made a silly Gif on how Jack and Mark will react to seeing each other again, which Mark responded that it's not how it will go down, only for fans to dismiss him entirely and continue to push the idea that the two are a couple. :roll:

Also I'm sure the livestream will be recorded, either by Mark or by some of the fans. So you'll still be able to watch it even if you're not there.

VioletSparks
Talker
Talker

Post by VioletSparks »

Offtopic: Going back a bit, I find it interesting, those who would actually pay for Youtube red, or be willing to buy it episodically without having it, (I think that's a thing) are the ones who can't actually pay for it with their own money.

I don't know, I don't see the appeal of it at all with all that is being said. Plus with one show, of pewdiepie they are putting a lot of faith in the parents of the kids :P

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I saw comments about how you may have to pay to watch some videos because of Youtube Red and what not. Eh, I don't think I want to give out my money just to pay for that. No thanks.

I am hearing how badly Youtube is being with youtubbers, deleting their videos, not having them get paid, etc and what not. Happened to Doug (nostalgia critic) recently.

It be cool to see Mark play Undertale but I am doubting he is going to now really but who knows I may be wrong :D It is really nice someone records the live streams :) I am thankful for the people that do that.

There is a BDSM fic out there involving you (the reader) with Darkiplier.

fishnchippychips
Debater
Debater

Post by fishnchippychips »

It is quite annoying that even if I wanted to get YouTube Red I couldn't since it's not available here :roll: I do have faith in people putting these series (or at least the highlights) up elsewhere so everyone else can see them though haha

And it looks like Ken and Felix are both in LA too at the moment, I assume they're all there to do something for Revelmode?

Return to “Markiplier”