AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 7

Post by AquarianHorse »

VioletSparks wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:What did you guys think of Resident Enis 2?
I keep seeing that mentioned. What is it? I feel like I'm behind on things :P

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

Post by professionallurker »

Oh man.

Ryan's not having a good day it seems.

He changed his profile picture to one pre-situation that Daniel took and his latest tweet is heart breaking.

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

And now MSB is all of a sudden working on a tribute for Daniel that he decided to post about after retweeting Ryan's tweet. :roll:

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Oh hi, we haven't heard from you in awhile MSB!

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

I do agree, although I did enjoy the second Resident Enis, I'm still partial to the first one. Maybe the wigs are part of it, but the song was way more catchier in the first one imo. Curious to see if they do more in the future or make it into a series, though considering Mark's hectic schedule and with Dodger now engaged and possibly planning out a wedding, it might be difficult to get everyone together again.

I really loved the bloopers though! Surprised there were two set of blooper videos, one on Mark's channel and one on Random Encounters' channel. Didn't stop me from cracking up! :rofl:

@AquarianHorse Ninja Brian is part of Ninja Sex Party, a musical group run by Danny of the Game Grumps. Mark's helped work with Ninja Sex Party in the past on their music videos from prop handling to even having brief cameos. Plus Brian recently became the newest Grump, so Mark knows him fairly well by association. Also Brian has the cutest little girl and the videos of him being a daddy are just precious! :tu:

@Kei I agree, it would make more sense for Mark to appear on KWP's channel to bring in more attention to their channel then it would be for them to be featured so often on Mark's channel. Yeah right now he seems to have cut it back (to an extent) but who knows how long until that's gonna change. I wouldn't be surprised if in his future livestream around the 20th the three of them will be involved somehow. Like everyone has said, it's not that the guys are bad or anything, it's just getting to the point where it feels like Mark is forcing them on us and in doing so taking away from his own channel.

Edit: Poor Ryan. He really has taken this whole thing the worst out of everyone it seems. Here's hoping he gets through this and that Matt, Mark, and Lego can help cheer him up.

Also fuck off James. Go be an asshole somewhere else.

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

I think Ryan was the closest to Daniel out of the trio. They were basically brothers to each other.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

professionallurker wrote:I think Ryan was the closest to Daniel out of the trio. They were basically brothers to each other.
Pretty much. Ryan did say he's an only child and calls Daniel's parents and sister his second family, so it's natural he'd miss him. They were friends for a very long time, probably before Matt ever met them. And I'm not sure, but I think it was Daniel who came up with the idea to start up Cyndago and he was the one who contacted Mark which set everything in motion up to this point. It's only natural that losing someone who brought so much positive things into your life would make you feel so empty.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

My heart breaks for Ryan. Grief is so cruel in the way that you can be fine and functioning for weeks, then you can be completely blindsided by all the emotions again. This is why I'm glad they live together, they are each others support system during the rough days.

Kitten1529
Talker
Talker

Post by Kitten1529 »

Offtopic: So this is kind of offtopic, but has anyone seen Matt Santoro's recent video about his abuse story? There's a lot of discussion on the internet about it, especially the fact that Nicole Arbour is denying all of it and claiming Matt is looking for attention. But his story rings eerily similar to that of Mark's. That women aren't the only ones in abusive relationships, and that men are expected to keep quiet about being abused because they're supposed to be strong and tough.

Also, now that I think about it, Mark and Matt are very similar for other reasons. Both became spontaneously YouTube famous, moved in with their now exes, and they like a lot of the same things (there are other reasons but it's early and my brain isn't on all the way yet). Long and short, it isn't ok for anyone to hit anyone, and if you're being abused you need to seek help. The people you pushed away will still listen to you, and they still care about you.

Post by Guest »

Matt tweeted that he is missing Daniel as well. I think he has been the least vocal about Daniel's death, at least on social media. It probably comes in waves for those guys. Especially living in the house, but, you're right cupcake warpaint, they do have each other.

And kitten, agree that who ever has been abused should seek help. And the ones who are the abusers as well. They obviously have their own inner demons to work through.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Grief has a weird way of taking over sometimes. You could be fine for a long period of time just going about your life, then one little sound or smell or something can jog your mind back to all the good times or the event leading up to their death and the raw emotions of that loss come pouring back uncontrollably. I wonder if it's like an anniversary or birthday or something coming up as well if all the guys in the house (I assume if both Ryan and Matt are missing him now, Mark probably is too) are feeling the loss.

Or maybe it's because Valentine's Day is coming up where you think of your loved ones. Despite what the media, society in general, and the Hallmark company like to tote around, this holiday doesn't just have to be about your significant other. It could be about showing love to family and friends, those that are important in your life. And Daniel was super important to a lot of people, including the guys, for a multitude of reasons.

Again, I'm just speculating, but despite everyone's feelings about the three of them doing EVERYTHING together and how much Ryan and Matt are getting shoved into our faces, the important thing is that at the end of it all, they have each other to lean on during their darker times.

And Kitten I agree with you that male abuse and rape victims do not get the help they deserve. Either they are told to man up or ignored totally. Police rarely ever even file a report for male abuse or rape victims because the notion that men can be victimized is a foreign concept to a lot of people. Hell plenty of people I've seen think that because a guy gets an erection, that it wasn't rape, claiming he actually enjoyed it. And look at with Mark, how when he came out about how he was an abuse survivor, so many were dismissing his claim and saying he was using his experience as an excuse to promote violence towards women. And I'm sure you've seen those What Would You Do style experimental videos where people step in if a guy is beating on a woman, but point and laugh at a woman beating up on a guy thinking he deserved it.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of places for male victims to go. There's hardly any shelters for them, the police are useless unless the woman turns around claiming abuse then they arrest the victim, and hardly anybody takes them seriously. And all this crap with sjws promoting misandry and racism are making things worse for these guys whose only crime is falling for the wrong girl or type of girl.

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

True that since Valentine's Day is coming, people are thinking about their loved ones and the boys could be thinking about Daniel. I really feel bad about them. And you're right Monkee, that even if they're often around, in the end, at least they're together to keep them above water.

As for the abuse,
Offtopic: I've been following Matt's story for a good while and I feel bad for the guy... He's trying to stay strong during the video, but he breaks down. Men have feelings too. And even if he did or didn't put his video public, I still think that putting that out there takes courage, women or men, and I hope that Matthew has people to help him. He has his friend Rob and others, so at least he's well surrounded.

And I can back you up on those thoughts, Monkee. It is hard when you were in an abusif relationship and think you're okay for a good while, but memories and flashbacks are brought backs with just a small thing and it can bring you down so fast.... Can't believe people would go that far to say that Mark claimed that he was abused to promote violence towards women. Come on, mate.... he specifically said ''The main point that some people missed out on is that it’s not okay to hit ANYONE.''
One thing though, is that I'm making research for domestic violence against men (yay end of college project research...), and, boy oh boy, there's barely any documents, but I agree that it is taboo when a man gets abused because of stereotypes and social pressure of 'being a man', as they say, because apparently they are the dominant, strong one and the one that shows no emotions (which to my findings, it's because of the more traditionnal family types in which we see the proper 'man type' to my understanding). And to say that men 'enjoy' it, there's statistics that show that male victims have many psychological damage that can occur: shame, depression, rejection and even suicidal thoughts.

I've seen those videos, and it makes me frustrated. How can anyone let a human endure violence?

Even in Canada, there's not as much places, but luckly we have a place where men that received violence can go to. It's just a matter of talking about it.

Offtopic: @notyourcupcake, I hope you're okay and that you were able to get out of your situation. You're a strong cupcake :tu:
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

If I remember correctly, Matt's birthday is coming up pretty soon too and events like that can stir up all the emotions. A lot of people who are grieving feel guilty that they are moving on and the person they've lost is being left behind. Obviously the logical part of your brain knows that's not true, and you will always remember the person that's no longer there. But grief sometimes mutes that logical part.

However on a positive note, Jack is on his way to LA and he should provide a welcome distraction for the three of them. Jack is, after all, a person who is full of life. :)

I'm always proud when people like Mark, Matt (Santoro) and many other people with a platform, talk about the abuse they've suffered. It takes a lot of courage and it really does help people.

Much love to any of you here who have been through the same thing. My own sister was in such a relationship and we had no clue until she told us, which is something that still terrifies me to think about. Abusers can be pretty good actors. But my sister is now away from him and happily living her life, the power of the human spirit is truly incredible.

absurdphoenix11
Learner
Learner

Post by absurdphoenix11 »

Heey!! I've been away for a short while but I have finals now so I'll be away for a little more :/

I've read all the posts I've missed and lots of important things have been discussed and I wish I could chime in but I don't have the time! But I'm very proud of all of your open mindedness here and level headedness (what?), I don't think I can add more into the conversation right now but I'm grateful that I'm part of this community now.:) (even though I'm very new to it!)

Ok quick mentions
@M0nkeeButt2590 would you please PM your channel's URL? I'm interested in seeing your content and supporting you :)
@aquarianhorse you're more than welcome to PM me everything you weren't comfortable saying here.

Oh and damn you tumblrinas, get it together ffs

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

Hey have you guys seen the Scare Pewdiepie official trailer? Looks good and you see some parts with Mark in it!
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

MapleNia wrote:Hey have you guys seen the Scare Pewdiepie official trailer? Looks good and you see some parts with Mark in it!
The Scare Pewdiepie trailer definitely looked cool, and the fact that Mark makes a cameo in it is pretty neat. Still that one show isn't enough to make me pay a monthly fee for Youtube Red. I surmise someone or several someones will end up putting it online for everyone to see, or at least make highlights of it. Either that or Youtube will start distributing the episodes via a digital store or something. But I don't expect it to stay exclusive with the way the internet works.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

I think Youtube would actually go after anyone who tried to upload their paid videos on a free platform. But yeah I think an episodic deal would be ideal for people who don't want to commit to paying money for a service when they only watch 1 or 2 videos. Hell, most people still don't even know Youtube Red is a thing. The trailer does look interesting, and it reminds me of some of those more insane reality shows that came out in the mid-2000's, but as much as I enjoyed it I doubt I'd fork over money if that's the only video of interest.

absurdphoenix11
Learner
Learner

Post by absurdphoenix11 »

I live in Europe and we don't have Youtube Red; I think it's only available in the USA so I doubt there will be many people paying just for Pewdiepie; no matter how big the USA it's still targeting one country which is the opposite of what the internet is about. I bet they'll come up with a new way for fans from other countries to "enjoy the content"; i.e pay for a different service/buy the episodes.
btw I'm only talking about Scare Pewdiepie; I didn't see the trailers for the other shows; but that's because I'm more interested in youtube gamers plus he's the most subbed youtuber so he's their best bet to draw in people.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

kei wrote:I think Youtube would actually go after anyone who tried to upload their paid videos on a free platform. But yeah I think an episodic deal would be ideal for people who don't want to commit to paying money for a service when they only watch 1 or 2 videos. Hell, most people still don't even know Youtube Red is a thing. The trailer does look interesting, and it reminds me of some of those more insane reality shows that came out in the mid-2000's, but as much as I enjoyed it I doubt I'd fork over money if that's the only video of interest.
That's my point. Most of Youtube's more dedicated fanbases are teens who can't afford to shill out monthly fees for a service like Youtube Red. They're more than likely depending on their parents for stuff like Netflix and the internet. And if there are parents like mine who hate Youtube and find it a waste of time, then they are definitely not going to pay for Youtube Red, especially if there's only one interesting show on there. And even if Youtube attempts to take down every pirated video of their premium shows, they won't win. People are persistent and will find ways around. Plus with all the backlash about Youtube Red along with all the other things Youtube has screwed up on, it's even more unlikely they'll get a huge turnout or profit.

Edit: Forgot that it was only available in the U.S. atm. Thanks for the reminder! :tu: That will also make it difficult for people to be interested in the service if it's exclusive like that. Remember the bulk of Pewds' fanbase I believe is in Europe.

notyourcupcake
Talker
Talker

Post by notyourcupcake »

Does anyone know who/what is endorsing Mark now? I noticed when he almost said the brand of coughdrops he was using that he says he wasn't endorsed by anyone...until recently. Just curious.

Offtopic: Thank you guys for the love and support. Seriously, y'all're the best. <3

~Panger Ban~

Return to “Markiplier”