lottahart
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 6

Post by lottahart »

@AquarianHorse
I used to play the games on the PC too when I was younger. At first, my brother introduced me to this Gameboy emulator called Visual Boy Advance, that's when I got into the Pokemon games. The VBA emulator is really good (and simple), never had problems playing games on it. Then the DS emulators came, the usual ones are DeSmuME and No$GBA. Most games run smoothly, it could get lagged depending on your computer performance. Downloading the games are actually illegal though, so I bought the consoles to make myself feel better*cough* . But it's a good way if you want to try a game before deciding whether to buy it or not. (Do support the developers if you love their games.) Oh, and there are emulators available for Androids too! I don't really like using them on my phone, it drains the battery pretty quickly.

...btw unrelated to the above
It's bothering me to see the newer generation getting exposed to social medias at a young age. It's not entirely a bad thing, Internet and I became friends when I was 9 y/o playing Barbie dressup games but just seeing them recklessly posting their pictures online is worrying. Is it just me or this newer gen are maturing faster? I have 9 to 13 years old cousins on social medias, posting selfies and emotional statuses -_-' Yea they have their own mobile phones while I got mine when I was 18 (I prefer public phones back then)
Stay awesome, you :tu:

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Game Simulator was interesting, not exciting but better than some flash games Mark played..like that annoying Douche game. XD

Neat :) I played a few PC games too besides the Mac computer. I loved the Cosmic Cosmo (I think that's what it's called) game, Dinosaur related games, etc. Fun times. I played a few games on gaming sites like miniclip or addicting games :D Only games I played that other Let's Players talked about was FNAF, Agario, Would you Rather, Will You Press that Button, played with Evie and BoiBot, that game where you have to play like 20 questions. I forget the name. XD

I agree with ya, about little kids being exposed to social media and getting these fancy things like tablets, phones, etc. It bothers me to. When I was younger I didn't have tablets, cell phones, etc. Yeah I got a phone at 18 but I think mostly to borrow when I went on trips out west by myself. Kids these days are a bit spoiled in that department. I also didn't get onto AOL until I dunno 12 or 13?

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

As far as FNAF clones are concerned, I was pleasantly surprised by Five Nights at Candy's. The atmosphere was great. One Night at Flumpty's is my favorite FNAF fan game, but this one is a close second.

boldnewtaste
Informer
Informer

Post by boldnewtaste »

Offtopic: i think it's maybe unfair to harshly judge kids based on societal/technological changes.

it's all relative.
we want to say "back in my day, kids didn't have the internet; they're so spoiled now" and then you go back a couple of generations, it's "back in my day, we didn't have electricity; kids are so spoiled now." younger people in previous generations dealt with stuff that may have been harmful or helpful too; it's just different stuff now.

there are good aspects and bad aspects of the technological world we live in now. i, for one, try to embrace what it is as opposed to grabbing a pitchfork, damning all technology as evil and calling thomas edison a witch :rofl: i guess that's just my opinion though.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

I actually kinda enjoyed the new Simulator video, though I fear Pull Shportell is gonna be the new herb lore sadly. :roll:

But lately his videos that he recorded from home have been very entertaining. Even when he was off on the Bone Zone. Been enjoying them way more than the stuff he filmed in LA. Let's hope he keeps that energy and good vibes up when he flies back. Plus I'm sure he really misses Chica. Don't know where she or Banana Rambo was staying then if Ryan is just hanging out with Lego.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah I thought he was taking Chica with him at first? I guess he was worried about tkaing her on a plane (if that's how he went). I'm sure she misses him too :D

I didn't mean to offend you about saying what I felt about kids having technology, I think it's great that how much things improved and everything. It just bothers me is all I guess but whatever.

boldnewtaste
Informer
Informer

Post by boldnewtaste »

AquarianHorse wrote:I didn't mean to offend you about saying what I felt about kids having technology, I think it's great that how much things improved and everything. It just bothers me is all I guess but whatever.
nah, you didn't offend me. you have your opinion, and i have mine, is all. :tu:

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

I've really enjoyed the videos he's been making at home, too. A lot more than anything in, like, the past 6 months. I'm not joking. And I doubt it's the room he's in...as I said, I only found out about him in April 2015, so there's no nostalgia factor for me. If anything, it's weird to me that he's in a room without acoustic foam behind him. :P

Then again, it's no secret he misses his life, family and friends in OH, and is only in L.A. because of work. It looks to me like the time back home really has done him some good, and I hope he gets to visit more often instead of going to cons so much. He's clearly a homebody, and I can see him eventually retiring somewhere near his family or friends in the midwest. He gets passionately fired up about work when he's in L.A., but IMO he also gets frustrated when things don't turn out like he plans and has no one to really vent to or hang out with to blow off steam.

Yeah there's Ryan and Matt now, and they're cool guys in their own right, but there's still very obviously a relationship difference there. He's done his best to welcome them and become part of a team, but when he started the whole "let's live together" thing it was just supposed to be Markiplier and Cyndago making collab sketches more often. Now, it's Mark with "Ryan and Matt", with Mark taking the lead (and the responsibility) and trying as hard as he can to move forward with his dreams and theirs. There's been a few successes here and there, but not without a lot of misses in between the hits and an overabundance of awkwardness. Living in that situation for so long...I'll just say I think this trip home has done him far more good than even he's willing to admit.

Now the big question is whether his videos will slide back into mediocre territory upon his return to L.A., after making several LPs reminding many of us why we subscribed in the first place.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Yeah it's not so much the room as it is the atmosphere I think. It's obvious he's enjoyed his time back home in Cincinnati with his loved ones. Likely he's had some time to think back to when he first started in that room on that old computer and kinda get more inspired to do creative things. Plus with that one Markiplier Highlights he went a bit down memory lane in looking at old videos he'd done, even some that never got uploaded. This trip definitely was a good thing for him, particularly emotionally I feel considering all that happened in 2015.

He said in one of his RYC that his biggest regret with his Youtube career is that his work has taken him away from his family and friends, which he obviously cherishes so deeply, and it's definitely shown the difference between these newer videos and what he put out around the time Ryan and Matt came back to LA.

But like you said, it is a worry that when he gets back to LA, he'll fall back into his previous funk. Ryan and Matt aren't bad guys, they are very talented in their own ways, they've been through a lot with the loss of Daniel, (both emotionally and production-wise) and Mark obviously cares about them and trusts them very deeply to work with them. But he definitely acts differently around them, and it seems that in attempting to be the big brother, he's always left catering to their needs and he suffers as a result of it.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah I am a bit worried to how Mark's videos will be. I agree, it would be nice if Mark can do his own things more and Ryan and Matt do their own things. I just don't like I said care for the sketches and yeah Mark does seem different when he is around them vs when he is with Wade, Bob, Jack, etc.

I miss the old days when it's just Markiplier doing his own thing, not Markiplier and KWP. I dunno, I wonder if Mark stayed living on his own how would it have been? Yeah too late to think about that now and everything but I wonder. Just would be nice if Mark didn't have to drag those guys into *everything* non game related.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Offtopic: Yami re-activated his Twitter and will make a statement soon. Glad to hear he's still around to make one. :)

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Off topic: Yay! I read a comment about how the same girl did it to another youtubber, I forget his name already XD; My bad, I hope the girl doesn't get to other youtubbers. She's making herself look bad if that's all true.

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

Offtopic: Oh my! I'm glad we got some news from Yami and he's okay!

You guys are right about Mark and his videos lately that he's making at home. I can bet that seeing his family and his friends again are making him feel great and more at ease. Maybe it will change a bit and go back to what he was doing for the past few months when he goes back to LA, but not too quickly. Do guys think it's because, in Cinci, he only has LP to do and have on his mind (somehow less workload) and, in LA, he is submerge by many projects (and it makes the quality of his content a little wonky)? And the highlight of his older videos was a good throw back and it probably made him go back to this kind of goofiness. I don't know. Either way, he seems more relaxed and being at home makes him feel great that's for sure. :tu: I'm glad he was able to take some time off.
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Off topic: Yami uploaded a video talking about his side of the story. Very hard to hear him and his gf in it, but hopefully this helps set the record straight and this drama can end.

That is a point actually. In LA he's mainly focusing on getting KWP off the ground with their sketches and music and such, whereas at home in Cincinnati he's dedicated entirely to LPs. His priorities are a little shifted depending on his geography.

Because I'm guessing that's part of the reason Ryan and Matt has shown up in almost all of his non-gaming related content. He's trying to get their channel off the ground like he did with Cyndago. That and obviously the three were personally effected by Daniel's death and it only makes sense they stick together. The problem though is that it appears like they rely on Mark a bit TOO much.

Granted he is the oldest and the one with the most influence as well as larger fanbase. But at the same time, Mark can't support them forever.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Off topic: Yeah I saw that video. I think that girl and her mom needs help for doing that stuff. Not cool. It's sad that some people don't have a guilty conscience. At least Yami said he learned from it and will move forward to improve. That's great. Ever since I heard this I was on the fence, and hey that ending his life thing obviously isn't true (I personally haven't seen that rumor but damn).

Yeah Ryan and Matt needs to give Mark space a bit and do their own things like I said. It's not fair to Mark, and it's not fair to fans that aren't into sketches or having Matt and Ryan in all the non Let's Plays stuff. Might as well call the channel Markiplier & KWP Channel. :roll:

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Personally I'm not into the sketches, but it's Mark's channel, he can do what he wants. If he enjoys it, fine. There's still plenty of videos on there that I can rewatch and enjoy. I don't need to see every video he puts out.

And more than likely, Mark has asked the guys to be included in stuff like the challenges with Matthias and Team Edge. I doubt they're just sitting on the couch waiting for Mark to get done recording to play with them. They have work to do as well. Hell they have a whiteboard full of ideas you can see in some shots around their house.

It makes sense that they're around to do stuff since they're all living together. And like I said, it's likely a mixture of Mark helping them get their channel off the ground and cope with Daniel's absence.

The problem is this relationship appears to be hurting Mark's work in the process because he's likely overwhelmed with working on their sketches/trying to get them more subs while balancing his own channel. And while he obviously enjoys it, the fact that he thought the sketches like the Mini Montages were comedy gold when it felt more like padding and relied even more heavily on Ryan and Matt's taste in humor is kinda questionable.

And yes Mark has always had a juvenile sense of humor. And I have no problem with that and indulge in it myself plenty of times. Like I said, I was laughing my ass of at the Boner Podcast stuff. It just seems more elevated and not as funny . More like he's trying to force the funny rather than it come naturally.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah true, we don't have to watch every video, I don't, when I hear Matt or Ryan is in the video, I automatically skip it. Or if it's another video of a series I don't like, like the Douche videos or Hunni Pop, I skip.

Yeah, it would be nice of the sketches were more of Mark's humor. I guess I just like Mark's humor better (Obviously-wouldn't be here if I wasn't). Just Matt and Ryan's humor is more dark and just too ehn....no. I am glad Mark is getting back into let's plays more (and who knows if that will change again to crappy fillers and sketches) now he's going back to LA tomorrow...*sigh*

I have yet to watch the Boner Podcast!

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:The problem is this relationship appears to be hurting Mark's work in the process because he's likely overwhelmed with working on their sketches/trying to get them more subs while balancing his own channel. And while he obviously enjoys it, the fact that he thought the sketches like the Mini Montages were comedy gold when it felt more like padding and relied even more heavily on Ryan and Matt's taste in humor is kinda questionable.
Exactly. I've often wondered if Mark's solid belief that those sketches were some of his best work was a "forest for the trees" moment, where he was so close to the situation he didn't get why others felt left out of the joke. I won't pretend to understand the dynamics of his relationship to the other two, and maybe part of it is still tied to the fact Daniel passed away so recently (not to mention in that house, where...as macabre as it sounds...I still suspect one of them found him), but Mark's work clearly suffered a blow from which I don't think it's recovered. At least, not until this latest batch of videos, which I discovered I actually enjoyed rather than just enduring them.

Like M0nkee says, it's not like he has to cater to the taste of others. He has a couple thousand videos I can choose from to watch instead. But these latest videos give me hope he might one day fully regain the part of himself he lost in L.A. and only finds in Cincinnati.

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Post by Nyxx »

Offtopic: So am I the only one who's a little suspicious at the Yamimash thing? There's something that's not being said on both sides. I'll talk with someone via PM if anyone wants

Ely
Talker
Talker

Post by Ely »

Off Topic: I wouldn't mind a PM to talk about it further because I definitely feel there is a loophole too. Maybe even several, but I do believe about 60% of it and the girl a 25%. I'm missing a 15% of something.

My only warning is: I might take a while to respond because of work (still working on typing up full reports tonight).

Return to “Markiplier”