Markiplier - Part 5

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 5

Post by AquarianHorse »

Very good points ProfessionalLurker. Only Mark knows the truth of it all really. Though he seems to notice how people call him a God,etc. on tumblr, not sure about Facebook but I've seen it on twitter or Youtube (Especially Youtube). I rarely read the tweets and facebook comments or tumblr. He isn't a God, people.
Last edited by AquarianHorse on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

Post by professionallurker »

Why are we being hit up with guests?

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

professionallurker wrote:Why are we being hit up with guests?
Probably because of Mark's recent Facebook/Tumblr post people think there's some drama going on.

Honestly, apart from horse girl possibly being a new secret gf, I have no clue. Maybe because of the Undertale talk or his poor view count lately? Or the various complaints about the sketches/videos? No clue.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Been like that since last night :O

I have to do this if Mark does visit I have to say "Oh...hi Mark"...

The movie room reference.. :P (Never seen the movie, just saw Nostalgia Critic review it :P)

He probably gets that often... (Sorry Mark...)

Funny (I don't know if we're hated personally but seems like we are?) how they come over here when supposedly a lot of fans don't like us?

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

AquarianHorse wrote:Been like that since last night :O

I have to do this if Mark does visit I have to say "Oh...hi Mark"...

The movie room reference.. :P (Never seen the movie, just saw Nostalgia Critic review it :P)

He probably gets that often... (Sorry Mark...)

Funny (I don't know if we're hated personally but seems like we are?) how they come over here when supposedly a lot of fans don't like us?
Well.....we also keep check of the tumblr tag and such when we hate it. So, it's really no different.

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

Watching the Fran Bow upload now.
I really LOVED when he played the demo. :D

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

And not that I think Mark has a girlfriend, but if you're going to use the bed placement as proof, then there's something else to point out....

Only one side has a bedside table, so that means that more than likely, only one side is slept in......

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah my friend and I were talking about that last night. We BOTH have our own beds in the center of our own bedroom, but neither of us do flings, nor do I have a boyfriend nor does he have a girlfriend. Though my bed is a bit off center to get close to my one dresser :P

fishnchippychips
Debater
Debater

Post by fishnchippychips »

On a lighter note, just saw on Suzy's Instagram that she finally got to meet Chica so I guess Mark left the house and took her to see the grumps :D

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

fishnchippychips wrote:On a lighter note, just saw on Suzy's Instagram that she finally got to meet Chica so I guess Mark left the house and took her to see the grumps :D
Poor dog. Now Suzy's gonna try and use her to bump up her views! :rofl:

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Seems like today is all about views XD Better than last night at least.

potatokween
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by potatokween »

So I joined not that long ago, and here's my opinion as to what's going on.

Inevitably, might be scary sounding to some people, Mark is in fact a male that has sex. If you don't remember, way back when in the "Markiplier Has Grindr?!?" video, he definitely mouthed Tinder but of course, for the sake of his privacy, got changed to Grindr to be safe. Now I do think he's being honest this time around when he's stated he doesn't have a GF, but he's lying about searching. He probably used Tinder and found the girl that's "in questioning" and that's perfectly okay because he's deserving of company. But, given the fact he got out of a long term relationship, if we know Mark to an extent, I don't think he's the kind of person to jump into something quickly- he's not in a rush and he's stated that about his life in general (i.e having a baby, etc) and he shouldn't be. He's young and has every right to have a fling. And as weird as it was for me to check out this girl, because I hate and genuinely don't want to be that person, idk, their humor is very alike so it's clear that's probably how they bonded. Inevitably, yeah, this girl's probably a potential GF, but until then, people seriously shouldn't be harping on Mark to inform them as to what's going on in his love life, NO ONE but him ever should care that much. And imo, some people on here are super hypocritical and are maybe even weirder than some Tumblr people that take it to extreme. You can't bash one social media fandom that's into stalking their "senpai" and then I read everyone here acting like they're Nancy Drew and debating as to whether Mark's got a new girl because of a shadow or nail polish (whatever the deal was.)

But Mark in every sense of the word is a perfectionist and when people point out something he's done wrong he's very quick to respond to try to fix it the best he can. So I think when he's comfortable enough to talk about his future relationship, whoever it may be, he's going to. Like Sean (jacksepticeye), we know he has a girlfriend, but he doesn't and never has consistently brought it up. Mark isn't going to wave around his relationship because it's just not of him to validate a relationship- even more so when you have a fanbase that is quick to say "she's dating him to gain popularity!" etc. He nor Sean probably want that for the person that they care about. They're not that part of YT where they document their relationship (which isn't shade to those that do), it's just.. that's not what they're here for.

And I think Mark's a bit agitated with how everyone's trying to nag him about him not playing as much anymore, as proven in his post today. He's a very talented guy that's got more to give than just playing a video game and I think it's awesome that he's going to start branching out (like he's wanted to for so long). The more people ask of him, he's not going to do it, he's going to do what's making him motivated to continue making content. If he wanted? He could go on a long hiatus right now, probably find an agent and get an audition going for him but he hasn't because he's so focused in on everyone else's opinion of "More Undertale, this sh*t is awful!" or, "Where's my old Mark?".. that kinda BS. I just hope his real fandom, that's there and proud of everything that he's done so far, is going to let him know that some people are going to stop watching, you can't fix that, and more importantly don't try so hard to fix that and beat yourself up over it. Even now with 10 mil, he's got that insecurity, maybe not as bad as before but it's evident.

In conclusion though, seriously, as the more educated people here that genuinely care about Mark's welfare, let's remind him that we encourage him to be creative but most importantly, encouraging him to be excited about life. It's a shame to watch him slowly turn into this toy that everyone's in demand for because he's genuinely a nice, normal guy that's trying to show everyone he's just that.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Seems like today is all about views XD Better than last night at least.
Yeah well Suzy is infamous for using others for fame and attention, including Mark and her own husband Arin.

I won't get into my disgust of her though, lest I be labeled as having internalized misogyny. :roll:

At least Mark got out of the house for a bit. (other than to probably pick up horse girl or something :roll: )

Post by Guest »

potatokween wrote:So I joined not that long ago, and here's my opinion as to what's going on.

Inevitably, might be scary sounding to some people, Mark is in fact a male that has sex. If you don't remember, way back when in the "Markiplier Has Grindr?!?" video, he definitely mouthed Tinder but of course, for the sake of his privacy, got changed to Grindr to be safe. Now I do think he's being honest this time around when he's stated he doesn't have a GF, but he's lying about searching. He probably used Tinder and found the girl that's "in questioning" and that's perfectly okay because he's deserving of company. But, given the fact he got out of a long term relationship, if we know Mark to an extent, I don't think he's the kind of person to jump into something quickly- he's not in a rush and he's stated that about his life in general (i.e having a baby, etc) and he shouldn't be. He's young and has every right to have a fling. And as weird as it was for me to check out this girl, because I hate and genuinely don't want to be that person, idk, their humor is very alike so it's clear that's probably how they bonded. Inevitably, yeah, this girl's probably a potential GF, but until then, people seriously shouldn't be harping on Mark to inform them as to what's going on in his love life, NO ONE but him ever should care that much. And imo, some people on here are super hypocritical and are maybe even weirder than some Tumblr people that take it to extreme. You can't bash one social media fandom that's into stalking their "senpai" and then I read everyone here acting like they're Nancy Drew and debating as to whether Mark's got a new girl because of a shadow or nail polish (whatever the deal was.)

But Mark in every sense of the word is a perfectionist and when people point out something he's done wrong he's very quick to respond to try to fix it the best he can. So I think when he's comfortable enough to talk about his future relationship, whoever it may be, he's going to. Like Sean (jacksepticeye), we know he has a girlfriend, but he doesn't and never has consistently brought it up. Mark isn't going to wave around his relationship because it's just not of him to validate a relationship- even more so when you have a fanbase that is quick to say "she's dating him to gain popularity!" etc. He nor Sean probably want that for the person that they care about. They're not that part of YT where they document their relationship (which isn't shade to those that do), it's just.. that's not what they're here for.

And I think Mark's a bit agitated with how everyone's trying to nag him about him not playing as much anymore, as proven in his post today. He's a very talented guy that's got more to give than just playing a video game and I think it's awesome that he's going to start branching out (like he's wanted to for so long). The more people ask of him, he's not going to do it, he's going to do what's making him motivated to continue making content. If he wanted? He could go on a long hiatus right now, probably find an agent and get an audition going for him but he hasn't because he's so focused in on everyone else's opinion of "More Undertale, this sh*t is awful!" or, "Where's my old Mark?".. that kinda BS. I just hope his real fandom, that's there and proud of everything that he's done so far, is going to let him know that some people are going to stop watching, you can't fix that, and more importantly don't try so hard to fix that and beat yourself up over it. Even now with 10 mil, he's got that insecurity, maybe not as bad as before but it's evident.

In conclusion though, seriously, as the more educated people here that genuinely care about Mark's welfare, let's remind him that we encourage him to be creative but most importantly, encouraging him to be excited about life. It's a shame to watch him slowly turn into this toy that everyone's in demand for because he's genuinely a nice, normal guy that's trying to show everyone he's just that.
This is pretty much sums how I feel as well.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Looks like we're getting a new batch of people here. I didn't expect the latest happenings to bring them in, but welcome to GG @potatokween and everyone else. ::waves::

Some of what's currently being discussed here could be considered a knee-jerk reaction to him hiding his previous relationship. That's why people are much slower to trust him now whenever it looks like he might be going down that road again. Rather than re-hashing it here, I'd recommend checking the FAQ for more info. The TLDR version is that despite Tumblr's claims about GG, no one said Mark shouldn't have a girlfriend or that we have a right to know all about them. But a guy who built his empire on being upfront about himself is understandably given less credibility when he legit went out of his way to hide an otherwise boring aspect of his life. Moving in with a girl and trying to remove all traces of her co-habitation in your videos is questionable at best when a simple "hey I'm not single" would have sufficed. Again, (sorry again, Jack :P ) Jack told people about Signe/Wiishu very briefly once, and again when she moved in. Other than a few dejected hardcore Septipliers, no one had an issue with it. That, IMO, speaks volumes about this issue. That's why you'll see these knee-jerk reactions: it's not a gf issue, it's a trust issue now. An issue that should have become a non-issue back when the first wave of Tumblr "white knight" bullying began.

Regarding his Tumblr post, I saw someone here saying they thought it was GG-related. I'm not convinced of that, tbh. Reddit, as I mentioned, was brutally honest. We may have touched on some of what Reddit said here, but they held no punches. He may have felt disheartened at what they said, though his words seemed directed more at those who deify him. I haven't visited Tumblr in a long time, so maybe he saw some of that going on there?

As for his curent vids...I would really tread lightly on the whole "real fandom" thing. Just because people are disappointed in his current offerings, it doesn't make them any less of a real fan. If he wants to transition to sketches more, so be it, but others have already pointed out they subbed to him because he offered one kind of content, and to suddenly change to another kind of content may leave some people feeling he used the bait-and-switch tactic. I'm not saying he did, in fact I know he didn't, but it doesn't change the fact his content has been flagging in recent days. And the sketches, as much as he enjoys partaking in them, seem to be filled with a different type of humor people aren't used to seeing on his channel. I'm not going by the view counts anymore right now because there seems to be something wonky going on with them (I seriously doubt his latest Huniepop vid only got 12,000 views when it was at like 100,000 this morning) but the fact more threads have popped up both here and on reddit at the same time about it shows there's something to it.

I still believe he genuinely just wants people to be happy, and that he's struggling to find a balance between making them happy while keeping himself happy too. But too much has happened, both in the past and now the present, for anything to be swept under the "lol h8ters" rug. People were hurt, some of them legit terrorized, by his "fans" because they dared to ask if he had a girlfriend. GG may go overboard at times when hot button topics are touched upon, but as we've proven here we're adult enough to rein it in. But trust is not easily re-gained once it's been broken, especially when the one who broke it still doesn't see how it fractured the fandom.

potatokween
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by potatokween »

kei wrote:Looks like we're getting a new batch of people here. I didn't expect the latest happenings to bring them in, but welcome to GG @potatokween and everyone else. ::waves::

Some of what's currently being discussed here could be considered a knee-jerk reaction to him hiding his previous relationship. That's why people are much slower to trust him now whenever it looks like he might be going down that road again. Rather than re-hashing it here, I'd recommend checking the FAQ for more info. The TLDR version is that despite Tumblr's claims about GG, no one said Mark shouldn't have a girlfriend or that we have a right to know all about them. But a guy who built his empire on being upfront about himself is understandably given less credibility when he legit went out of his way to hide an otherwise boring aspect of his life. Moving in with a girl and trying to remove all traces of her co-habitation in your videos is questionable at best when a simple "hey I'm not single" would have sufficed. Again, (sorry again, Jack :P ) Jack told people about Signe/Wiishu very briefly once, and again when she moved in. Other than a few dejected hardcore Septipliers, no one had an issue with it. That, IMO, speaks volumes about this issue. That's why you'll see these knee-jerk reactions: it's not a gf issue, it's a trust issue now. An issue that should have become a non-issue back when the first wave of Tumblr "white knight" bullying began.

Regarding his Tumblr post, I saw someone here saying they thought it was GG-related. I'm not convinced of that, tbh. Reddit, as I mentioned, was brutally honest. We may have touched on some of what Reddit said here, but they held no punches. He may have felt disheartened at what they said, though his words seemed directed more at those who deify him. I haven't visited Tumblr in a long time, so maybe he saw some of that going on there?

As for his curent vids...I would really tread lightly on the whole "real fandom" thing. Just because people are disappointed in his current offerings, it doesn't make them any less of a real fan. If he wants to transition to sketches more, so be it, but others have already pointed out they subbed to him because he offered one kind of content, and to suddenly change to another kind of content may leave some people feeling he used the bait-and-switch tactic. I'm not saying he did, in fact I know he didn't, but it doesn't change the fact his content has been flagging in recent days. And the sketches, as much as he enjoys partaking in them, seem to be filled with a different type of humor people aren't used to seeing on his channel. I'm not going by the view counts anymore right now because there seems to be something wonky going on with them (I seriously doubt his latest Huniepop vid only got 12,000 views when it was at like 100,000 this morning) but the fact more threads have popped up both here and on reddit at the same time about it shows there's something to it.

I still believe he genuinely just wants people to be happy, and that he's struggling to find a balance between making them happy while keeping himself happy too. But too much has happened, both in the past and now the present, for anything to be swept under the "lol h8ters" rug. People were hurt, some of them legit terrorized, by his "fans" because they dared to ask if he had a girlfriend. GG may go overboard at times when hot button topics are touched upon, but as we've proven here we're adult enough to rein it in. But trust is not easily re-gained once it's been broken, especially when the one who broke it still doesn't see how it fractured the fandom.
Thank you for the welcome! :)

I mean, if I didn't think those in the fandom that are here on GG are much more mature and smarter at sparking debate and conversation, I wouldn't waste my time to post, you know? But after reading some of this thread, there's some hypocrisy, and that's why I'm kinda emphasizing the "real fandom", because there's people who are out there, wherever they're posting, certainly harping on Mark for their own personal demand instead of educating him because they care (which is a tendency a lot of Tumblr people have honestly). And I understand that there's people who notice the change of the quality in his content, I do also, but there's that advantage when Youtuber fans reach out and voice their opinions because they're more likely to be focused in on than regular actors/musicians when they make a change. There's this mindset of, "we gave you everything you have, and once you stop giving us what we want, we're done with you"... It's selfish in a way and it's scary to have that burden that you aren't being enough for your viewers because ya, they are your source and it's your job to give them what they want. And I think for once Mark's let go of that fear. Like, his face lit up when he mentioned making music one day... that was so refreshing to me?

And because I don't want to continue on about Mark + his love life much, to quickly respond, there definitely is a trust that's been broken because of what he did, it's never okay to lie about being single, but I think and hope that he's learned that. I mean the only reason why he probably did what he did for so long was because he realized how many people fangirled over him and this action of caring about *their* hopes and dreams definitely backfired on him. I just wish people wouldn't question him as a person just because of making that huge mistake of misleading everyone.

That's why the most important thing is to help Mark learn that he has to stop caring SO much, because sometimes it might do more bad than good. But at the same time, no, it doesn't hurt to suggest things to him in regards to which games or telling him how much you miss the long meaningful ones... unfortunately that doesn't mean he won't play a game he thinks he won't enjoy. For me, I'd never sing a song I couldn't pour my emotion into. But I'd hope you understand the viewpoint I'm coming from. I'm sure he'll get around to putting a little more effort, but right now let's give him some time to live a life beyond the internet I suppose. We all have that phase where for a while, we're happy with our real lives. And he's currently learning HOW to be happy with real life, especially after the tragedy with Daniel as well as his breakup.

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

I think Mark's biggest thing is he has to stop putting the fan's happiness above his own. Yeah, it's great that he wants to make them happy, too...but that doesn't mean it should ruin his joy..

IDK if y'all remember his Contraption Maker play through, but he was SO happy playing that game. Like, he honestly and truly enjoyed it....but then the hate in the comments poured in all because his upload wasn't FNAF4 and it just made me so sad...I'm pretty sure he read the comments, too,because he didn't do anymore Contraption Maker games even though he loved it so much in that video.

I get that part of his job is making his fans happy, because that's what earns his views which in turns earns his money, but damn. He has to be able to realize that his happiness is important, too...even if it means putting his foot down and upsetting some fans. He can't let them dictate his life and he can't be afraid to do things that might make them unhappy.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

professionallurker wrote:I think Mark's biggest thing is he has to stop putting the fan's happiness above his own. Yeah, it's great that he wants to make them happy, too...but that doesn't mean it should ruin his joy..

IDK if y'all remember his Contraption Maker play through, but he was SO happy playing that game. Like, he honestly and truly enjoyed it....but then the hate in the comments poured in all because his upload wasn't FNAF4 and it just made me so sad...I'm pretty sure he read the comments, too,because he didn't do anymore Contraption Maker games even though he loved it so much in that video.

I get that part of his job is making his fans happy, because that's what earns his views which in turns earns his money, but damn. He has to be able to realize that his happiness is important, too...even if it means putting his foot down and upsetting some fans. He can't let them dictate his life and he can't be afraid to do things that might make them unhappy.
That's been one of Mark's biggest issues throughout his whole Youtube career, possibly his whole life: he lets people take advantage of him and he doesn't set boundaries or deal with conflict.

He's always fussing about what everyone else wants that he rarely focuses on what HE wants. He never tells anyone no, be it the fans from kissing him at cons, letting his one ex physically abuse him, or even telling Suzy no when she hugged him at the one charity livestream during his one rough day. Hell look at the one recent Reading Your Comments, he specifically asked his fans if he should do a Christmas album or work out not even a few minutes after telling them not to let others dictate your life.

Yes his goal is to make others happy, but what about him? Shouldn't he be allowed to be happy?

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah I really hate(Well I guess annoy more so? I dunno) that he if he's uncomfortable he lets fan kiss him, he doesn't tell fans to stop calling him daddy, etc and what not. Hey that's great he's getting more assertive but there's other things he needs to tell fans to stop on. And please Mark, don't show pics of cute kittens or puppies anymore(As much as we all love puppies and kittens!), it makes your post seem not as sincere I guess XD I don't like seeing people be push overs, letting spoiled brats get their way all the time, etc and just ugh annoys me. I guess it annoys me almost to a personal level because I feel one of my aunts is a push over with one of my cousins but I digress, and we're talking about Mark here.

I will admit I am not observant but is Mark really uncomfortable with some fans kissing him or calling him d addy? I don't remember or can't think of anything specific when he said he didn't like it but I guess he does look uncomfortable when fans kiss him.

I can understand him not wanting to hurt people, I don't know, maybe he's afraid like I am and others, afraid to speak their opinion, or feelings because my god, everyone gets butt hurt. He may feel like he can't say anything anymore because he will get attacked. I can totally relate/understand that.

I remember in the Cinnamon Challenge Mark said "I will do other challenges if you want me to"Only do challenges that you are really okay with, know what your body can handle, etc. Like for me I wouldn't be able to do MSB's hot pepper challenge, I can't do it, my stomach will not be very happy hours after doing that. (Quite frankly I hate how spicy feels/taste in my mouth). Also Mark should exercise/make a Christmas album because HE wants to. Is Mark just needing encouragement or something?

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Good points all around. And I don't think anyone here is forgetting what Mark is going through right now. If anything, that's why most of us haven't really mentioned the lack of quality in his videos until very recently. No one should be expected to recover immediately from such a devastating blow. Hell, I still say he dove back in too fast, but as we've all mentioned, Youtube doesn't give a damn. It's a website based on view counts and algorithms, and doesn't care about personal tragedy. I have a feeling he jumped in with both feet because he wanted to stay busy, but also to keep the view count from slipping more than it did. But if SocialBlade is to be believed, he has reason to be concerned right now. (Unless they get their info purely from Youtube rather than an algorithm of their own...in which case Youtube looks like it's pulling some weird shit on his view counts for the past 3 days.)

He would certainly do well to play whatever makes him happy, even if people give him backlash for it not being FNAF/Undertale/the Biggest Game Of The Week. I doubt it will ever happen though, since he tends to stop playing something if people complain. But as much as he says he just wants to make others happy, his stress levels have clearly been high. And I'm still holding the opinion that his "minor" heart attack may have been exacerbated by the drinking, but I doubt that was the one and only reason for it. Even he mentioned stress playing a role in it, although he glossed over it entirely. I'm not saying "oh god he has a heart condition", I'm saying he stretched himself way too thin and wound himself so tightly he may not even see why the seemingly sudden shift in his video content is making people slowly back away. To him, these sketches may be just another expression of himself, but as understanding as some of his subscriber base can be, it's also understandable why others are feeling alienated by it.

Slightly off-topic, Wade's grandfather passed away. :( It really has been one hell of a year.

Return to “Markiplier”