Markiplier: Part 4

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier: Part 4

Post by kei »

Hey guys, I replied on a new thread because this one is dangerously close to the capping point (40 pages.) Let's switch to that one before a mod comes by with their padlock icon. <3

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=372&t=23044

Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Encyclopedia »

I honestly don't really like when Mark talks about boobs and ass, it's just blahhh. That's why I never watched huniepop, and that's why I only sometimes watch his videos. I know Pewdie does too, but sometimes it seems like a humour Mark wouldn't do..

Andd now I'm going to be mauled

Mlle De Sade
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Mlle De Sade »

ilikecupcakes wrote:
Gorillaz1236 wrote:This bitch

She's the only one complaining. Bitch you defended a motherfucking pedophile and a person who was read to slit throats

and its a torn up, dirty looking dress. The only people offended is Jane from Tarzan and the fashion police
That's the same bitch who was saying if you're not trans you can't say what is or isn't offensive. So why this bitch typing away about what's offensive to trans women? She's not trans and by her own logic she doesn't get a fucking say as what is offensive to them
I wanted to join this site because I wanted to gossip but there's some really grody stuff going on in this thread that turns my stomach.

To address the "she can't say something because she's not trans" thing

I think you guys are conflating two very different issues. If I were somewhere and I heard someone call someone else a racial slur even tho I am not of that race I can still be offended. But as someone who is not of that race I can't tell someone who is the race in question "oh u can't be offended it's just words tee hee" because I don't have the same worldview shaped by what they had to go through.

To address the idea this is an a attack on Mark when ppl say men dressing up in drag in transphobic:

They're not. To understand why this is transphobic you need to understand/finally notice that the world we live in has a bias; that's why homosexuals had/have to fight for the right to get married. The world has a "default" "majority" view. The majority view is "men in dresses is haha funny cause men shouldn't wear dresses cause gender norms haha any man who doesn't confirm to gender norms is going to be mocked and ridiculed haha" and therefore playing crossdressing for a punchline is *ahem* -part of the problem and not the solution.
If you can dig that, you can dig the idea that maybe, just maybe that isn't a personal attack on Mark.

Like if I dressed up like a stereotype (stereotypes are bad mmmkay) and did it cause "haha stereotypes are funny haha people who aren't like me are hilarious haha" that would be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Pointing out things that work as part of a larger machinery to dehumanize others for being different is not "taking the moral high ground" it's something all good and decent people should aspire to.

You should question things that you see, not just blindly go along with it because no harm was intended.

I'm sure all of the bad things in the world like sexism, misogyny, homophobia etc., started out cause people just didn't seem the harm in what they were doing because they were not affected by it.

another thing you have to realize is that people who live on the margins of society --because they are not the dominant part in society-- are constantly under attack and have few safe places. :HK:

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Hi, @Mlle De Sade ::waves:: Welcome to GG. This is the wrong thread, though, and should actually be locked by now because mods usually cap the post limit at 40 pages here. come to this thread instead, where I'll answer you more directly:

http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... 2#p1859722

Return to “Markiplier”