Markiplier's Relationships - Part 5

Kamikaze
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 5

Post by Kamikaze »

Totally wrote:Just finished Until Dawn and let me tell ya...there's a character named Jessica. I wonder if they looked into Me$$'s life and was like, "Yeah, let's base a character after her!" Because dang they were very similar...Jessica, in Until Dawn, dated the really hot, really popular guy with black, spiky hair and huge muscles, she also liked to show it off with pictures and being like, "OMG we are the cutest couple!" and she was also very horny, same with the guy she dated in the game. I just couldn't shake the feeling when reading all this drama about Me$$ then seeing a girl who had green eyes and blonde hair in the game I was playing lmao...I messed up and let her die though, oops(?) so I'll have to look at videos online to see what the story is like when you let her live.
But yeah, apparently Mark is going to be playing the game soon and I think I may watch it, even though I kind of hate him, just to see him react to Jessica in the game. If he lets her die (which he probably will because he's most likely bad at quick time events) then I might stop watching because that's all I really care to see of his playthrough.
But you guys should really go check out some of the videos of Jessica in it and tell me you can't shake that weird feeling!!!

I watched Felix play Until Dawn (he only started)...I'm really loving that game so far - and I know what you mean!!!! I was taken back by it! I definitely see the resemblance...physical and character traits! It was probably for the best to let her die (oops, did I say that?!). I definitely want to see Mark play Until Dawn for that part now. How's you find out he's gonna play it soon. Sorry, I rarely check social media, so if it's there, I probably didn't bother to look!

Totally
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Totally »

Kamikaze wrote:
Totally wrote:Just finished Until Dawn and let me tell ya...there's a character named Jessica. I wonder if they looked into Me$$'s life and was like, "Yeah, let's base a character after her!" Because dang they were very similar...Jessica, in Until Dawn, dated the really hot, really popular guy with black, spiky hair and huge muscles, she also liked to show it off with pictures and being like, "OMG we are the cutest couple!" and she was also very horny, same with the guy she dated in the game. I just couldn't shake the feeling when reading all this drama about Me$$ then seeing a girl who had green eyes and blonde hair in the game I was playing lmao...I messed up and let her die though, oops(?) so I'll have to look at videos online to see what the story is like when you let her live.
But yeah, apparently Mark is going to be playing the game soon and I think I may watch it, even though I kind of hate him, just to see him react to Jessica in the game. If he lets her die (which he probably will because he's most likely bad at quick time events) then I might stop watching because that's all I really care to see of his playthrough.
But you guys should really go check out some of the videos of Jessica in it and tell me you can't shake that weird feeling!!!

I watched Felix play Until Dawn (he only started)...I'm really loving that game so far - and I know what you mean!!!! I was taken back by it! I definitely see the resemblance...physical and character traits! It was probably for the best to let her die (oops, did I say that?!). I definitely want to see Mark play Until Dawn for that part now. How's you find out he's gonna play it soon. Sorry, I rarely check social media, so if it's there, I probably didn't bother to look!
He went to Twitter to say he would play Until Dawn TOMORROW, so yeah! Only excited to see him react to Jessica and to see if he accidentally lets her die or not, it's PRETTY easy to let her die honestly, but at the same time it's pretty easy to keep her alive so...hopefully Mark messes up on something because I really want to know how he'll react to a girl with blonde hair and green eyes dying.
But pfft, the only good girls in Until Dawn are Ashley and Sam, Emily and Jessica are complete bitches...and Mike reminds me OH SO MUCH of Mark, being the horn dog he is and dating a girl named Jessica, while also doing some...questionable things with a girl named Emily. Everything that's been happening these last few days has been weirdly timed lmao. I remember Mark having a twitch mod named Emily, correct? And the character Emily is Mike's ex...because Mike left her to date Jessica and just...WOW. My head hurts.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

Holy shit, I googled her and they look similar too :rofl:
Is he doing it on purpose or what? First hunie pop with the blonde Jessie, now this, I guess she really is that blonde white girl stereotype she said to be, that's why there are so many similar characters out there! :rofl:

(I'm joking, lurkers)

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

Holy shit, I googled her and they look similar too :rofl:
Is he doing it on purpose or what? First hunie pop with the blonde Jessie, now this, I guess she really is that blonde white girl stereotype she said to be, that's why there are so many similar character out there! :rofl:

(I'm joking, lurkers)

PinkBear
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkBear »

Finally just caught up to everything, so relieved that Squid is alive and ok, I'm super pissed off that she was fired over this, can't she appeal for unfair dismissal or something (I dunno how it works in the US, I know where I am we have a national 'fair work' ombudsman who you can go to for anything like that), I am so done with this idiot cut of mark's and what's worse is Mark, if he ever sees what happen, won't give two shits (I'm pretty sure he had Squid blocked on Tumblr so I highly doubt he's going to do a 180 and be all "omg I'm so sorry")

PinkBear
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkBear »

Totally wrote:
Kamikaze wrote:

He went to Twitter to say he would play Until Dawn TOMORROW, so yeah! Only excited to see him react to Jessica and to see if he accidentally lets her die or not, it's PRETTY easy to let her die honestly, but at the same time it's pretty easy to keep her alive so...hopefully Mark messes up on something because I really want to know how he'll react to a girl with blonde hair and green eyes dying.
But pfft, the only good girls in Until Dawn are Ashley and Sam, Emily and Jessica are complete bitches...and Mike reminds me OH SO MUCH of Mark, being the horn dog he is and dating a girl named Jessica, while also doing some...questionable things with a girl named Emily. Everything that's been happening these last few days has been weirdly timed lmao. I remember Mark having a twitch mod named Emily, correct? And the character Emily is Mike's ex...because Mike left her to date Jessica and just...WOW. My head hurts.
Yes, Emily (I think her Twitch name is EmilyIsBach) is/was a mod for Mark (dunno if she still is, I know she was one of his very first mods, I think her and Chibi have been mods for the longest)

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Wow. :( So even Cyndago's getting sick of this, huh? :( I don't always like their type of humor, but they are talented on their own. I wonder what it'll take for them to get recognized for their own work instead of being "those guys Mark does videos with." Matthias writes great sketches too...Mark doesn't need to be there for it to be good. :roll:

I watch Bob and Mandy's Twitch show List Play Live every week, and as I think about it, they have to deal with this, too. Every episode, someone's in chat asking about Mark, and the mods have to shut them up. Iirc, in one of the earlier eps someone kept spamming "What was your favorite episode of Drunk Minecraft???" They wouldn't stop until Bob called them out by name and said something like, "Please stop spamming chat. This is my show. If you want to ask questions about Mark, you can tweet me." I don't remember which List Play episode it was (Pet Peeves, maybe?), but he sounded pissed.

To be honest, this is making me a tad bit embarrassed to call myself a fan of Mark's. Ain't no way I wanna be associated with rude stuff like that.

grumpycats
Lurker
Lurker

Post by grumpycats »

Still waiting to get PM with link of video!I'm looking at you hanniethebanana!
Really unfair
WINTER IS COMING

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Just as a quick aside, we might end up getting some more traffic problems on the way.

It seems there's a lurker in the Markiplier tag slandering our name again and making us out to be obsessive and hating on Mark and Jess for "being human" so watch out if we get more site problems or a bunch of haters.

Anyway I just looked up some images of Until Dawn. You guys weren't kidding! That Jessica character looks a lot like her! I'm curious to see what his reactions will be to the game, though looking up the synopsis on Wikipedia, it sounds like it's taking the TellTale Games route of story-telling and Mark has openly said he doesn't like those kind of games. That's why he's never done a LP of the Walking Dead.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

Kierans wrote:Wow. :( So even Cyndago's getting sick of this, huh? :( I don't always like their type of humor, but they are talented on their own. I wonder what it'll take for them to get recognized for their own work instead of being "those guys Mark does videos with." Matthias writes great sketches too...Mark doesn't need to be there for it to be good. :roll:

I watch Bob and Mandy's Twitch show List Play Live every week, and as I think about it, they have to deal with this, too. Every episode, someone's in chat asking about Mark, and the mods have to shut them up. Iirc, in one of the earlier eps someone kept spamming "What was your favorite episode of Drunk Minecraft???" They wouldn't stop until Bob called them out by name and said something like, "Please stop spamming chat. This is my show. If you want to ask questions about Mark, you can tweet me." I don't remember which List Play episode it was (Pet Peeves, maybe?), but he sounded pissed.

To be honest, this is making me a tad bit embarrassed to call myself a fan of Mark's. Ain't no way I wanna be associated with rude stuff like that.
Yeah not to mention the people jeering Wade. Mark's his best friend and their "insults" are always in good humor. But these people think just because they're Markiplier fans, they have to copy his treatment of Wade (which most of them probably do not understand). It's sad because Wade is pretty cool and he's approachable (in social media that is).

M0nkee. I saw that slander too. RME.

Yeah I typed this all on my phone. #SkillsforProfessionalExperience

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

Woah! I'm glad Squid is okay, altho it sucks that she lost her job.... It urks me to see people went all the way there. Hopefully she will be okay.

About the video, I found/saw it, and, yeah... Pretty much the same observations.

For the HunniPop, I'm going to say like someone else pointed out : he did mention "technically". Maybe that's not how it exactly went like the HunniPop statement tho, but I'm sure the thing that caught him was "people grow apart" and he seemed glad that the character was agreeing. Plus, I don't think he wants to mention a lot of details: it is Mark, he doesn't put every information about something that happens in his life so he probably didn't want to say it out loud "yep she went on suicide watch".

For the rabid fans.... Well.... You guys point out a lot of good exemples and it's sad to think that maybe it will be hard for Mark to find new projects because people don't want to collab with him. It's something that I don't want to happen because Mark wants to try new things and do a couple of stuff around... But I do remember on one of Jack's livestream (it was at the time when Mark was at the hospital) : Jack was playing Bloodborn and people in the chat kept asking if Mark was okay and if he got any news that others didn't know, blablabla. Jack did seem annoyed (idk if he was, he was probably just focused on the game) by it especially when he plainly said "I know as much as you guys know, can't help."
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Just as a quick aside, we might end up getting some more traffic problems on the way.

It seems there's a lurker in the Markiplier tag slandering our name again and making us out to be obsessive and hating on Mark and Jess for "being human" so watch out if we get more site problems or a bunch of haters.

Anyway I just looked up some images of Until Dawn. You guys weren't kidding! That Jessica character looks a lot like her! I'm curious to see what his reactions will be to the game, though looking up the synopsis on Wikipedia, it sounds like it's taking the TellTale Games route of story-telling and Mark has openly said he doesn't like those kind of games. That's why he's never done a LP of the Walking Dead.
Oh yay, I can't wait. :roll: Thanks for the warning, I never go to that tag anymore because of their incessant hate, it's ironic they're coming here to find it. Yo, lurkers, feel free to look around. You'll find we're not the boogeymen tumblr makes us out to be. Read everything first before making an opinion, though, because you're about to fall down the rabbit hole and I will bet anything you'll find things about this situation you never thought of...or did think of, but was too afraid of the Tumblr Terrorists posing as Markiplites to say anything.

And yeah I thought he didn't like these games either. But legit every single other LPer I know is playing it and it is definitely a horror game, more than even Walking Dead, so I'm not surprised he's going for it. As for the character Jess in there, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of blondes in the world named Jess. ;) But...
I didn't know she could be saved. I thought it was coded into the game that she would die because no LPer seemed able to save her. But one of them finally did, so I guess it's possible, just really hard.
As for Wade and Jack getting bombarded by Mark's fans, yeah I've seen that too. Wade seems to be incredibly tolerant of it all, but I think he's also probably the most laid back of the entire group. Jack has already had to answer a question about Mark's well-being on his own tumblr at least once, and outright mentioned it to Mark in the latest collab. I bet the fans thought it was cute, especially with their remarks afterward that fuels the Septiplier thing, but really...in Jack's shoes, would you want people endlessly badgering you about a guy who's an ocean away?

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

And there's also Molly who's had to answer questions about Mark since people know she'll respond.

So basically all of his friends have been bombarded with questions about him at one time or another. Does anyone think this had anything to do with his lack of collabs with anyone besides Bob, Wade, Jack, Cyndago, and Matthias? He used to do more with other LP'ers, right?

PinkBear
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkBear »

Dragonmax wrote:
Kierans wrote:Wow. :( So even Cyndago's getting sick of this, huh? :( I don't always like their type of humor, but they are talented on their own. I wonder what it'll take for them to get recognized for their own work instead of being "those guys Mark does videos with." Matthias writes great sketches too...Mark doesn't need to be there for it to be good. :roll:

Yeah not to mention the people jeering Wade. Mark's his best friend and their "insults" are always in good humor. But these people think just because they're Markiplier fans, they have to copy his treatment of Wade (which most of them probably do not understand). It's sad because Wade is pretty cool and he's approachable (in social media that is).

M0nkee. I saw that slander too. RME.

Makes me think of Game Grumps fans who think it's funny to shout "Goddamn it Ross" at him at conventions and whatnot, it's not funny when an in-joke becomes a way for outside people to make fun of someone. I'm pretty sure Molly once made a Tumblr post telling people to stop saying "Shut up Wade" at him as it really annoys him.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Kierans wrote:And there's also Molly who's had to answer questions about Mark since people know she'll respond.

So basically all of his friends have been bombarded with questions about him at one time or another. Does anyone think this had anything to do with his lack of collabs with anyone besides Bob, Wade, Jack, Cyndago, and Matthias? He used to do more with other LP'ers, right?
Yeah I recall in one of Molly's streams for some reason talk of Mark came up and someone asked why Mark doesn't have a girlfriend. (this was months after the breakup for reference) Molly strangely responded and said it was because he's married to his work and any girl who wants that position has to expect his career will come first. (though what we know of Molly now that answer now seems suspicious)

But that is a point, Mark hasn't done a lot of collaborations outside of his core group for a while now, and even that is limited. Minx he hasn't hung around with in forever, he barely talks to Cry, Ken, or Pewds, Yami and him aren't as close anymore it seems, and the majority of the Polaris people with the exception of Dodger seem to keep their distance from him.

i can't imagine it's all because of his fans. I have a feeling Mark's been closing ranks all on his own for whatever reason, be it because of his introverted nature and wanting to keep to a tight intimate group, or his fear that someone will try and use his channel, or there's some drama behind the scenes we're not seeing. But that is a point that other content creators may be afraid to associate with him due to his rabid fanbase.

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
Kierans wrote:And there's also Molly who's had to answer questions about Mark since people know she'll respond.

Yeah I recall in one of Molly's streams for some reason talk of Mark came up and someone asked why Mark doesn't have a girlfriend. (this was months after the breakup for reference) Molly strangely responded and said it was because he's married to his work and any girl who wants that position has to expect his career will come first. (though what we know of Molly now that answer now seems suspicious)

But that is a point, Mark hasn't done a lot of collaborations outside of his core group for a while now, and even that is limited. Minx he hasn't hung around with in forever, he barely talks to Cry, Ken, or Pewds, Yami and him aren't as close anymore it seems, and the majority of the Polaris people with the exception of Dodger seem to keep their distance from him.

i can't imagine it's all because of his fans. I have a feeling Mark's been closing ranks all on his own for whatever reason, be it because of his introverted nature and wanting to keep to a tight intimate group, or his fear that someone will try and use his channel, or there's some drama behind the scenes we're not seeing. But that is a point that other content creators may be afraid to associate with him due to his rabid fanbase.
I feel sorry for Mark in this situation, you know? He just wants to create content / inspire and collaborate with other creators but his fan base has caused so much trouble to the point where he probably has a stigma attached to him now. Anyone who interacts / collaborates with him won't be seen as "[Person's Name], who makes [genre] videos". They'll be seen as "that guy with Mark". Just look at Random Encounters's and Cyndago's respective comments lately. If that isn't proof then I don't know what is. The Markiplites will find every way to relate Mark to anything / anyone, and they would probably call the person behind him in a Starbucks line as "the guy behind Mark".

These Markiplites could make a church with this cultish attitude.

(Whoops I did not just give them that idea Image Figure of speech, m'dear.)

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

(I just lurk and read so pay me no heed, I'd rather observe than participate)

I just want to say that it is absolutely Mark's responsibility to put on his big boy trousers and be strict with his fanbase, not just because of Squid (which is awful) but because of the general mentality. This behaviour is not a separate collective that happens regardless of Mark, it's because of him. He's the direct reason fans are acting the way they are and if he had any shred of respect for the people in his fanbase he'd tell them to stop it. But it's easier to stand by and let shit happen to individual peoples' lives than actually care and speak up in defence of the few.

It's not a question about being a babysitter. It's a question of his power and influence. When and if Mark speaks up, people listen. The fact that he could theoretically make a tumblr post saying "you all need to calm the absolute fuck down", without resorting to passive aggressive politeness like "I love you, you are my fans", yada yada, says a lot about why he doesn't. Because he knows damn well that the bulk of the people who support him enough are the very people we want him to speak against. The ones who beef up views, sub counts, who spam social media, who are basically his money engine, are the ones he'd be in danger of losing if he opened his mouth. So why would he care about Squid's life and wellbeing when he could be silent and keep the status quo?

It's not an insinuation that Mark is eeeeeeeeeevil *rubs hands together evilly* but it's that he's got the power of change and he could make his community a better place and in turn make social media a safer place, make it more pleasant and generally be authoritative but instead he just lets it happen cause he's got a limp noodle for a spine. He's the goddamn leader and God of his fanbase, he should damn well start acting like one.
:HK:

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Minx he hasn't hung around with in forever...
I wanted to mention something I observed shortly after the break up: Not only did Minx and Ohmwrecker unfollow Mark, but Minx & Ohm both followed Jessica for a short while, then unfollowed her. Remember: Twitter has group DMs now. Ohm also went on a short rant about "taking advantage of young fans", and he even stated to another YTer that he "recently learned some horrible things about someone they both know" (all on Twitter). After learning everything, it feels like that shady-shade, and it certainly seems directed towards Mark.
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

mariokatty96
Talker
Talker

Post by mariokatty96 »

he's a bit of a coward when it comes to his fandom. he's definitely overwhelmed. it's just going to get worse too. jack seems to be aware of this and is good to call it out or snip it in the bud before it gets too big. that's pretty admirable since his channel grew so fast as well. jack's fandom is an example of what could have been if markiplier stepped up to a proper leader of his fandom.

jack even kinda looks like markiplier if markiplier had been completely german, they're very opposite but at the same time very similar lol it's a little odd :rofl:

Slagg
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Slagg »

*strangely enough, Ohm followed Bob shortly afterward, and Wade unfollowed Ohm. This is one giant orgy of unscrupulousness.
I WISH YOU WOULD, bitch nozzle.

Return to “Markiplier”