AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Post by AquarianHorse »

moran wrote:
T_f wrote: If I may ask, what brought on this sudden change?

Not that I don't agree with you, I'm just curious if I missed something else.

Someone gave me a piece of advice via pm and I just rethinked everything :\
Yeah, I have to say reading different things about Mark here is making me view him differently. That's fine, I want to know what he's like. Sad to think, but he does seem like a dick a bit :/ I am not one of those people that loves bad boys/strong kick ass women. I like down to earth, nice people, that are mature, kind, but that would be asking too much I guess. Quite frankly, I wouldn't date a guy like him. Unless Mark changed into the guy I thought he was maybe but right now, no. Sorry, bad boy images don't work for me. I had to tell my guy friend that. He thought girls like bad boys. :roll: Way to generalize things.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f »

Ok guys, I'm gonna go Switzerland here. 8-)

While I agree with everyone that the promoting of her channel is pretty weak (and suspicious to be sure), there really isn't enough evidence to write Mark off as a bad guy.

Maybe he didn't want to show her because she didn't want to, or was really annoying/not suited for videos. Her channel alone proves that she is almost laughably in desparate need of improving in that department. If my bf was awful on camera, I wouldn't show him either. Still doesn't justify misleading people with the bachelor thing, but perhaps he didn't really like her as much as people think. Maybe he just tolerated her as a girlfriend. It would make sense if he really wasn't feeling it that he would act that way. Again, doesn't make it ok, but that may have been what he was thinking at the moment.

If that was the case, wouldn't it be plausible that she kept asking him to do something like this? It could be something like, "You owe me for what you did," or it could be something where she just kept asking and asking until he finally did it just to get her to stop. Or maybe he felt bad for her. These are all very real possibilities, and while I'm not dismissing your guys feelings/mindsets, it just kind of feels to me like everyone is in a blood rage sort of mindset where they are leaving and getting mad without considering all the alternatives.

The truth of the matter is Mark is a private person in this matter. So there's really not much we can honestly conclude upon at this point until something else happens. I love you guys, and I love being here, even if I don't post a lot. But idk, I really don't like how this has been handled. It's ok to feel upset, and I feel the same, but I still think we don't know enough yet to become this angry. Just my thoughts.

As for Jess, well, I've said it before, and I still stand by it, it's not possible to believe her when her actions don't match up with her words. So I at best, try not to care. :rofl:

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

Post by TheFormerLurker »

AquarianHorse wrote:
moran wrote:
T_f wrote: If I may ask, what brought on this sudden change?

Not that I don't agree with you, I'm just curious if I missed something else.

Someone gave me a piece of advice via pm and I just rethinked everything :\
Yeah, I have to say reading different things about Mark here is making me view him differently. That's fine, I want to know what he's like. Sad to think, but he does seem like a dick a bit :/ I am not one of those people that loves bad boys/strong kick ass women. I like down to earth, nice people, that are mature, kind, but that would be asking too much I guess. Quite frankly, I wouldn't date a guy like him. Unless Mark changed into the guy I thought he was maybe but right now, no. Sorry, bad boy images don't work for me. I had to tell my guy friend that. He thought girls like bad boys. :roll: Way to generalize things.
I'm with you on that one. I will never really understand why some girls like the bad boy types especially when it comes to dating sim games. I've played Harvest Moon and Rune Factory for a while and a lot of people on the internet always say they are going for the brooding bad boy bachelors :rofl:
Image Image

chunkyflunky
Learner
Learner

Post by chunkyflunky »

To stroll on the supreme optimist bank of the Devil's Advocate river, perhaps he doesn't see promoting Tyler as any different than promoting Jess. We've seen Tyler in videos, sure, but that's not what the promotion was for. He was promoting him for something unrelated to LPs, so maybe he figures it's the same thing with Jess. People reacted fairly well with Tyler, so he probably assumed the same for Jess.
It's still messed up, stupid and detrimental to her image, but I think Mark is a bit of an idealist (he may not believe it anymore, but I think he legitimately believed that his fanbase was awesome for a long time, so reality may not be his strong point), so he probably have just thought he was just being helpful and nice because he's just such an oh so nice kind wonderful person.
I still don't like him.
Master Lurker.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

chunkyflunky wrote:To stroll on the supreme optimist bank of the Devil's Advocate river, perhaps he doesn't see promoting Tyler as any different than promoting Jess. We've seen Tyler in videos, sure, but that's not what the promotion was for. He was promoting him for something unrelated to LPs, so maybe he figures it's the same thing with Jess. People reacted fairly well with Tyler, so he probably assumed the same for Jess.
It's still messed up, stupid and detrimental to her image, but I think Mark is a bit of an idealist (he may not believe it anymore, but I think he legitimately believed that his fanbase was awesome for a long time, so reality may not be his strong point), so he probably have just thought he was just being helpful and nice because he's just such an oh so nice kind wonderful person.
I still don't like him.
But he's well aware that Tyler is recognized by the fanbase. They've seen him on livestreams, at the Indypopcon panel, and on several collabs with him, Wade and Matthias. He also interacts pretty regularly with a lot of them on Twitter. They know him.

Mark also knows full well most people don't know Jess from a hole in the ground, and in one fell swoop he not only told these poor clueless people he has an ex, but told them to go subscribe to her just because he said so. As much as I try to see all sides of an argument, that observation sticks out pretty sharply to me.

LangdonAlger
Learner
Learner

Post by LangdonAlger »

Y'know, I managed to completely miss it when Jess turned up on the forum - bane of having a busy real life. Re-reading her post, I found it interesting what she chose to call out and what she didn't. What made me feel bad for her is the declaration that she tried very hard to stay off-camera. What it must've been like for her to have to dodge your own friend's home videos to maintain a ridiculous veil of secrecy about everything. It's Cynthia-Lennon-being-hidden-from-early-Beatles-fandom level BS. Anyway, I've always felt a little bad for her but that made me feel just a tiny bit worse. I know I've remarked on her blandness before; the thing is, there's nothing wrong with being bland, especially if you're happy with who you are. I just maintain that she's not suited for the kind of fame she's apparently trying to achieve, that she never really seems happy when she's around Mark while he's basking in his notoriety, and I will forever maintain that Mark's ridiculous cloak-and-dagger lying crap about their relationship was wholeheartedly unnecessary. One one hand I continue to not blame him because this fandom is...this fandom, on the other hand it could have been so much more simple.

Also linking into the above I just realized that Mark never pinned his relationship with Jess down to a timeframe, which will make things even more convenient to noobs just stumbling into this situation. For all anybody who hasn't done their homework knows they were dating in Ohio!

In any event, I still enjoy his videos on some level, still follow him to a degree. I've never gotten along with the fandom at large and will always roll my eyes. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. And a little Adblock until we see where this situation is going. :x

Oh and quick RE her views - her dislikes seem to be spiking as the day goes on, and judging from the hits the majority of the audience Mark attracted to her videos checked out the first one and bailed. 17 k hits plus on the first video, then 7k or less on the rest, and 6k plus subs all total. She'll probably plateau out at around 10k or so unless she and Mark officially get together again or they do crossover stuff (then again, did Kittycat Gaming ever see a huge spike when Suzy did a crossover with Mark or Arin?) I don't know anything about Youtube biometrics, but them's the current facts.
Last edited by LangdonAlger on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LovelyLamb
Learner
Learner

Post by LovelyLamb »

chunkyflunky wrote:To stroll on the supreme optimist bank of the Devil's Advocate river, perhaps he doesn't see promoting Tyler as any different than promoting Jess. We've seen Tyler in videos, sure, but that's not what the promotion was for. He was promoting him for something unrelated to LPs, so maybe he figures it's the same thing with Jess. People reacted fairly well with Tyler, so he probably assumed the same for Jess.
I still don't like him.I still don't like him.
I believe that he probably meant it in the most positive manner, and yes, he isn't the brightest when it comes to fan expectations. With that being said, I feel like it was an apologize to Jess for saying "sorry I kept you in the dark and let these rumors fester. Let me make it up to you by promoting your channel". If I remember correctly, Jess has hinted here and there that she wa dating Mark even when he never said anything. If Jess really enjoyed being the "mystery woman" she probably wouldn't have said anything or hinted. He isn't perfect, and I think that mindset that "Mark can do no wrong" is going to hurt him in the end.
Last edited by LovelyLamb on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corporis
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Corporis »

Okay, hi! First time posting, and haven't lurked this forum since May this year. After seeing Mark's post yesterday I of course ran over here, just to catch up on everything. (From what I understand, Jess has written in one of the threads? Is it possible to get a link to that? If not, that's cool. :tu: )
After reading through his post, I at first felt happy that he'd finally come clean about this poorly kept secret. Still, it's pretty terrible that he has kept her hidden all this time, and as many of you have said that he kept up this sad bachelor act while they were dating. I understand if he wants his privacy as everyone is entitled to, but it's not harder than just saying "Hey, yes I have a girlfriend. I wish to keep our relationship private. Thanks for understanding." Of course, the fangirls would freak...
Still, it sucks that he felt he couldn't share this with us before now, and it feels mostly like he's doing it out of pity/trying to be a nice guy after how shitty he treated her.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f »

kei wrote:But he's well aware that Tyler is recognized by the fanbase. They've seen him on livestreams, at the Indypopcon panel, and on several collabs with him, Wade and Matthias. He also interacts pretty regularly with a lot of them on Twitter. They know him.

Mark also knows full well most people don't know Jess from a hole in the ground, and in one fell swoop he not only told these poor clueless people he has an ex, but told them to go subscribe to her just because he said so. As much as I try to see all sides of an argument, that observation sticks out pretty sharply to me.
I agree, this is the thing that bugs me the most as well, but still, I don't believe there is enough yet to be anything more than suspicious.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

LangdonAlger wrote: Oh and quick RE her views - her dislikes seem to be spiking as the day goes on, and judging from the hits the majority of the audience Mark attracted to her videos checked out the first one and bailed.
Oooh and she tried to blame us for her dislikes :roll:

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

moran wrote:
LangdonAlger wrote: Oh and quick RE her views - her dislikes seem to be spiking as the day goes on, and judging from the hits the majority of the audience Mark attracted to her videos checked out the first one and bailed.

Indeed she did which isn't true. Yes somethings said here about Jess aren't nice and we've said somethings about Mark that are not considered nice especially by the tumblr community which is why I bet most of us are here but I can't picture anyone here that they would do that whether it is out of jealousy or they are just wanting to be horrible to Jess for the sake of it. We aren't petty like that. Anyone who has disliked here have probably done it for legit reasons such as they just didn't think the video was that good and needed improvement etc. but I can't speak for the lurkers though (no offense) since they come in all shapes, sizes and motives. I admit I've watched one or two of her videos out of curiosity when it was all kicking off a while back when she first appeared here but I promise hands down that I haven't liked or disliked any of her videos because they aren't my thing and I only rate videos that I'm interested in such as gaming and comedy videos.
Image Image

LangdonAlger
Learner
Learner

Post by LangdonAlger »

moran wrote:

Ohhoho, links?

To be frank, she's getting 600 to 700 plus dislikes per video. That's roughly the number of people who checked the first video and, like I said above, bailed versus sticking around and subbing. Compare that to the membership size here and you can only :roll: . None of us are so devoted to the wank that we'd create our own botnet to take you down, Jess. Your problem's far more likely to be a bunch of jealous Markiteenies.

Damn it, every time I try to be nice about her she goes Mess on us...

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

LangdonAlger wrote:
moran wrote:

Ohhoho, links?

To be frank, she's getting 600 to 700 plus dislikes per video. That's roughly the number of people who checked the first video and, like I said above, bailed versus sticking around and subbing. Compare that to the membership size here and you can only :roll: . None of us are so devoted to the wank that we'd create our own botnet to take you down, Jess.

She's pretty convinced that it is us who is disliking her videos and we've said what we've needed to say when she pointed the finger but what can you do :| *shrugs* If she wants to flatter herself then just let her believe what she wants to believe :roll: YouTube can be a tough gig to try and break into and people in the cosplay community and ASMR community probably just disapproved of her videos and think they needed some work and yeah some are probably angry stalker Markiplites there is no doubting that but it sure isn't us :lol:
Last edited by TheFormerLurker on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f »

Welp, I guess I'm in the minority then. I really don't feel comfortable with what's going on here, so I'm just gonna hop back onto lurker status until more comes to light. *bows*

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

LangdonAlger wrote: Ohhoho, links?

To be frank, she's getting 600 to 700 plus dislikes per video. That's roughly the number of people who checked the first video and, like I said above, bailed versus sticking around and subbing. Compare that to the membership size here and you can only :roll: . None of us are so devoted to the wank that we'd create our own botnet to take you down, Jess. Your problem's far more likely to be a bunch of jealous Markiteenies.

I don't have the links, you can go back on here to find her posts I guess (?), but yeah she straight up said "it's your fault, you put the link here and I got so many dislikes", but what about now?
I'm sure all those markipliets who are now gushing over her features are the same who disliked them, because we sure can talk shit but we'd never, ever, do something like that, we've criticized her videos from the start but tried to give her advices too, we can be mean and we can say awful things but, again, we'll never be so immature to dislike her videos just for the sake of it.
She can hate us all she wants but, apart from some of us who started kissing her butt in order to maybe be polite (idk), we'd be honest with her.

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

T_f wrote:Welp, I guess I'm in the minority then. I really don't feel comfortable with what's going on here, so I'm just gonna hop back onto lurker status until more comes to light. *bows*
Oh no T_f, tell us what is upsetting you ):

LangdonAlger
Learner
Learner

Post by LangdonAlger »

@T_F - I don't think we're doing anything particularly wrong at the moment? :?: I know I personally haven't contributed to any youtube strife - I consumed the videos and saved my comments for the forum. In any event I hope you come back out of lurkerdom soon and tell us why you feel uncomfortable?

@moran and TFL - I absolutely don't get why she's blaming us - there's maybe less than 200 regulars with accounts who visit this particular section, maybe less? We aren't powerful enough to scare up six hundred dislikes on her videos; we're just damn good with deductions. Better take a closer look at the overreactions , 'cause not everyone in M'plier fandom's going to automatically agree with him and thumb her video up just because he begged them to. I'm pretty sure a jealous teenager with an axe to grind who's convinced she's going to be banging Mark is more likely to thumbs down her stuff than any of us. :rofl:

In any event none of us linked her account out; Mark did that to over 5 thousand plus people on his Tumblr and thousands more on his Facebook. Blame the wider audience for heaven's sake.

I'm honest in saying I feel bad for her and don't wish her harm (and sympathize to a degree with the depression she's suffered through ), but good lord is she not perfect. None of us are.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f »

moran wrote:Oh no T_f, tell us what is upsetting you ):
I'm not really upset, per se. I do agree that I don't really believe anything jess says, but it just seems like evertone is furious with Mark, and while I am suspicious and disappointed, I am not as angry I guess? It just makes me feel out of my place.

I stated my case in my previous wall of text lol, there may be more than what we see right now and I think everyone may be jumping so conclusions quickly.

P.S. I still think you guys are great, just that I don't fit in right now. :love2:

LovelyLamb
Learner
Learner

Post by LovelyLamb »

I may the only one here, but I don't think Jess's content or view count is in relation to Mark himself. Despite getting advertised by Mark, her videos have nothing to do with him. They are in a different category then Let's Plays so I'm not one to comment on the material themselves. It's only appropriate that with the more views she has the more dislikes start to come as well. But like I stated, the content or reasons for her likes and dislikes I can't comment on because I'm not knowledgable on ASMR. The only concern I see is that she wants to be her own person, but the fact that Markipler promoted her will make that all the more difficulty.

LangdonAlger
Learner
Learner

Post by LangdonAlger »

t_f: aww - I wouldn't consider myself furious at him. Eye-rollingly frustrated, yes.

Return to “Markiplier”