Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 2

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

boldnewtaste wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Although from what he said in the recent livestream, he cares about women's issues, but thinks stuff in the US is minimal compared to injustices in the Middle East. He also had such a backlash from his Forest commentary by saying a guy should be allowed to defend himself if a woman is hitting him. Plus with all the bullshit on Tumblr this year, I think he doesn't really want to push any agendas, just play games.
yeah with the forest commentary, that was one of the best instances of tumblr seeing a quote, not looking at the source, taking it out of context, and running the slander campaign at full force. he worded it kinda weird at first but fixed it pretty quickly in the conversation. then he come out with the "i was abused" post which was like... ehh, better ways to go about that, dude. that didn't sit well with me (not that i'm unsympathetic to his situation btw)
True. Tumblr finds any reason to slander that man. It must be embarrassing becuase his friends see that shit.

But I think it was good for Mark to reveal that about himself. It gave even more context to his belief. As a male abuse victim, he's seen as a "pussy" or people would downright laugh at him for it. He felt because he was a man, even when he was getting shit beat out of him, he had no right to hit a lady.
So I can see why he would reveal that. And tumblr can see how it's abusing it's precious abuse victim of colorImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

It usually makes me unpopular to say so, but I agree with Mark on that one. I DON'T think that the man should haul off and knock her on her ass, but if she gets physical with him, he should be able to defend himself. Mark shouldn't have had to deal with being hit. He probably feels worse that he didn't defend himself in some way, because it is probably pretty emasculating to know that he was physically harmed by a woman anyway, and to know that he didn't even try to defend himself probably makes it worse. Again, only the faux-feminists will tell you that a woman doesn't deserve to be hit if she takes the first swing.

I haven't heard the conversation that he had, nor have I seen the post that he made after, but it sounds like he was taking heat and felt he had to confess that. If that's the case, then that only makes matters worse really. If you stand up and say it before it has to be said, you're proactive. If you don't admit it until forced, it makes you feel more like a victim than ever.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Gorillaz1236 wrote:
True. Tumblr finds any reason to slander that man. It must be embarrassing becuase his friends see that shit.

But I think it was good for Mark to reveal that about himself. It gave even more context to his belief. As a male abuse victim, he's seen as a "pussy" or people would downright laugh at him for it. He felt because he was a man, even when he was getting shit beat out of him, he had no right to hit a lady.
So I can see why he would reveal that. And tumblr can see how it's abusing it's precious abuse victim of color

Yeah they either vilify him for the most mundane thing or coddle him like an overprotective mother. Hopefully the rumors of him abandoning Tumblr entirely are true, but I doubt it. And of course Twitter's having a bit of a field day from his recent Tweet as well. Just can't win. :roll:

I still find it odd that he would admit to having a gf that physically abused him, but not talk about Me$$. The former is more controversial.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

PsychGrad0317 wrote:It usually makes me unpopular to say so, but I agree with Mark on that one. I DON'T think that the man should haul off and knock her on her ass, but if she gets physical with him, he should be able to defend himself. Mark shouldn't have had to deal with being hit. He probably feels worse that he didn't defend himself in some way, because it is probably pretty emasculating to know that he was physically harmed by a woman anyway, and to know that he didn't even try to defend himself probably makes it worse. Again, only the faux-feminists will tell you that a woman doesn't deserve to be hit if she takes the first swing.

I haven't heard the conversation that he had, nor have I seen the post that he made after, but it sounds like he was taking heat and felt he had to confess that. If that's the case, then that only makes matters worse really. If you stand up and say it before it has to be said, you're proactive. If you don't admit it until forced, it makes you feel more like a victim than ever.
Likely he didn't fight back because then she could've turned around, claimed he was abusing her, and got him arrested. Lets face it, men abuse victims are not taken that seriously by the police.

Hell people in general don't take male abuse victims seriously. I remember seeing a video online where some actors pretended that a girl was abusing a guy, then the guy fought back. Nobody did a damn thing when the girl was hitting the guy, but as soon as he fought back, everyone was attacking the guy! And there are other examples like that show What Would You Do, but you get my point.

I agree though that probably he chose to reveal that bit of info because of the backlash, but he also briefly touched upon it in his Draw My Life, so I don't know. I'm sure it does still resonates with him and has made him cautious around women in general.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

A few months back I read his blog post outlining his reasoning behind not attacking back...and I get it.

"The physical damage was nothing compared to the emotional toll, but not one time did I ever strike back because that’s not the kind of person I wanted to be. I don’t want anyone, regardless of gender, to have to go through that."

I legit get that. And something like this is one of the reasons I didn't unsub during his month-long freakout. We really do need more people that think like this.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:I still find it odd that he would admit to having a gf that physically abused him, but not talk about Me$$. The former is more controversial.
My thoughts. Exactly.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

Kierans wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:I still find it odd that he would admit to having a gf that physically abused him, but not talk about Me$$. The former is more controversial.
My thoughts. Exactly.
What's more controversial, a drama queen or an abusive bitch?

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

The more recent girl has an internet footprint that's years long, so he probably figured it would be easier to reveal the one no one will ever actually see.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

kei wrote:The more recent girl has an internet footprint that's years long, so he probably figured it would be easier to reveal the one no one will ever actually see.
Yeah but the other one's harder to conceal if she's got an internet footprint that's years long.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Yeah but the other one's harder to conceal if she's got an internet footprint that's years long.
Exactly. That's probably why he decided to go the 100% silent route on it, since there's enough evidence without him drawing attention to it, while mentioning his pre-Youtube relationship more easily.

CleverUsername
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CleverUsername »

Hi there all,
Long time lurker, First time (and last time) poster here. I have dipped into the forums causally since I found out about it up until Anime Expo. Now I’m slightly ashamed to say I check almost every day. I’m not going to get into the ethics of picking people apart on a public forum, because as a reader of said forum, that would make me a hypocrite. Even if I had totally valid reasons for being here. But I do have some thoughts and opinions I would like to share. You don’t have to agree with me. Who am I to call people out for joyously insinuating a person is a “gold digger” “mentally ill” “abusive” “manipulative” and any of the other fantastic terms that have been thrown around on this forum. I mean, it’s so much fun to destroy some ones image with no repercussions am I right?! Its all “just gossip”. Gossip can’t possibly hurt anyone right? Make them feel worthless, or like they’ve failed as a person. Nah. People on this site are totally self aware. If anyone believes what’s written here, they’re the irresponsible ones, right? RIGHT? But I Digress, there are some observations I’d like to add to my salt pile before I leave. There were several mentions of “denial” of Jess’s existence in the fan base. I would like to add that perhaps many people are aware of her and her relationship to Mark, and don’t really give a fuck. Those fans just want to watch videos and have a good time. I like those fans. Then we’ve got the Tumblr crowd. Admittedly, there are some obsessive blogs in the tag, but again, MOST of the blogs on Tumblr are pretty normal. Twitter is the same story. The loud minority, vrs the relatively quiet masses. The only site where I have seen actual, toxic rumors spread and hurt people in real life, is this little gem here. GuruGossip is the very thing it accuses other sites of being. Oh but I can already hear your perfectly reasonable responses. Gurugossip is a safe place for likeminded fans to discuss their interests. Keep up your gossip, by all means. Don’t take responsibility for your actions! Let no one clip your wings. Don’t let me stop your fun, because it is fun isn’t it ladies? That’s what keeps you coming back day after day. But don’t pretend you’re the best of the fandom. I have to conclude that you either have no idea how influential this forum has become, or you do know and it makes you feel special. Never mind the consequences and the very real effect you have on people. You’re the worst type of people. You’re not wanted in this fandom. Glad I could get that off my chest.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

CleverUsername wrote:Hi there all,
Long time lurker, First time (and last time) poster here. I have dipped into the forums causally since I found out about it up until Anime Expo. Now I’m slightly ashamed to say I check almost every day. I’m not going to get into the ethics of picking people apart on a public forum, because as a reader of said forum, that would make me a hypocrite. Even if I had totally valid reasons for being here. But I do have some thoughts and opinions I would like to share. You don’t have to agree with me. Who am I to call people out for joyously insinuating a person is a “gold digger” “mentally ill” “abusive” “manipulative” and any of the other fantastic terms that have been thrown around on this forum. I mean, it’s so much fun to destroy some ones image with no repercussions am I right?! Its all “just gossip”. Gossip can’t possibly hurt anyone right? Make them feel worthless, or like they’ve failed as a person. Nah. People on this site are totally self aware. If anyone believes what’s written here, they’re the irresponsible ones, right? RIGHT? But I Digress, there are some observations I’d like to add to my salt pile before I leave. There were several mentions of “denial” of Jess’s existence in the fan base. I would like to add that perhaps many people are aware of her and her relationship to Mark, and don’t really give a fuck. Those fans just want to watch videos and have a good time. I like those fans. Then we’ve got the Tumblr crowd. Admittedly, there are some obsessive blogs in the tag, but again, MOST of the blogs on Tumblr are pretty normal. Twitter is the same story. The loud minority, vrs the relatively quiet masses. The only site where I have seen actual, toxic rumors spread and hurt people in real life, is this little gem here. GuruGossip is the very thing it accuses other sites of being. Oh but I can already hear your perfectly reasonable responses. Gurugossip is a safe place for likeminded fans to discuss their interests. Keep up your gossip, by all means. Don’t take responsibility for your actions! Let no one clip your wings. Don’t let me stop your fun, because it is fun isn’t it ladies? That’s what keeps you coming back day after day. But don’t pretend you’re the best of the fandom. I have to conclude that you either have no idea how influential this forum has become, or you do know and it makes you feel special. Never mind the consequences and the very real effect you have on people. You’re the worst type of people. You’re not wanted in this fandom. Glad I could get that off my chest.
Who said we're pretending to be the "best of the fandom"? That's news to me. I'm just here to discuss and speculate. If we're so bad, why do you come here "almost every day"? :| I'm curious...
Last edited by Kierans on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

Alright. Someone's likely a little white knight

One thanks for misgendering a few of us. Good job. A few here have said they are non binary.

And secondly, how the fuck dare you say shit like that about us.

Yeah, we get somewhat malicious on Jess, but go to a few other Youtubers threads here and you'll see we treat her toates better.

If you had even read what we say, we may rip on Jess, even Mark but we do give a shit about them both.

You don't think we're aware they read what we say? We know. And we try and give them advice bicuroiously.

Lastly, your brave ass better be Molly, Dodger Nicole or anyone who knows these two because something tells me you're a tumblrina here playing knight.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

Kierans wrote:
Who said we're pretending to be the "best of the fandom"? That's news to me. I'm just here to discuss and speculate. If we're so bad, why do you come here "almost every day"? :| I'm curious...
True. If we're so bad and horrid, why do you come here almost everyday. You obviously get a kick about what we say. You obviously enjoy this thread otherwise you wouldn't be coming back.

And we never said we were the best in the fandom anyways. Some of us don't even associate with the fandom. Nice try thoughts.

Post by Guest »

Might want to get that sand out of your vagina there friend, it'll make life easier for you.

It is literally that person's fault if they take this site as gospel, it has been stated MANY times not take this as for real.

But keep reading and telling yourself you have a valid reason to be here sweetie, if it makes your life better :love2:

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

So you're the "one and done" kind of person, Username? I can respect that, though you'd probably find yourself engaged in a much more sane and thoughtful discussion than you would assume at first glance if you decide to stick around.

Before you go, or maybe not, consider the fact that many of us were actually driven here away from the blatant toxicity that has become tumblr, just because we wanted an actual discussion without being shouted down or issued death threats by fans who assume Mark is a helpless infantile cinnamon bun that must be coddled. No one you or I have seen here has said anything to the effect that they're a "better" fan. Hell, some here have labeled themselves critics...which is much different than a hater.

He's a lot smarter than tumblrites give him credit for, which is why more normal discussions naturally moved here. He's human, like us, and despite the shade thrown at different people in relation to him (which I admit even makes me back away when I see it) he's still given more respect at GG than I've seen anywhere else at the moment.

Your opinions are welcome (good luck finding that phrase on tumblr) though the condescension is unnecessary. If you want to respond, some may even listen to you. But remember your own words, whatever you choose:
CleverUsername wrote:Don’t let me stop your fun, because it is fun isn’t it ladies? That’s what keeps you coming back day after day.
CleverUsername wrote: Now I’m slightly ashamed to say I check almost every day.

CleverUsername
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CleverUsername »

No one here is willing to admit that they're responsible for what they've written? Honestly are you going to keep hiding behind the "well its not my fault if someone believes it"? Can't you see how messed up that is?

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

I thought it was already established that we're messed up bitches?

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

CleverUsername wrote:No one here is willing to admit that they're responsible for what they've written? Honestly are you going to keep hiding behind the "well its not my fault if someone believes it"? Can't you see how messed up that is?
The only thing we responsible for is talking about it. People found about her long before this.

We only speculate on their behaviors and how they pertain to each other.

That's all we're responsible for. We say time and time again: What we say is speculation. Take what we say with a grain of salt.

So yes, it is anyone's fault for believing what we say.

And unless you know Jess personally, why the fck do you care who's responsible and who is not.

CleverUsername
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CleverUsername »

Somebody should care.
I guess this is my life now...

Return to “Markiplier”