Markiplier - Part 2

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 2

Post by kei »

shyguyflys wrote:That's what makes it the issue, though. I said what I did on the basis that he may have other options with him at the time that he prefers over cubicle work (because that's what a lot of engineering jobs are).
Oh, okay, I get what you mean. Yeah, at this point I'd think he's made enough of a name for himself he'd definitely have options even if or when he drops LPs entirely.
DeathToAllSpiders wrote:I know of a lot of entertainers who've chosen to go to school at big, publicly accessible, and it doesn't always go badly. I don't know about other countries, but it seems like American campuses tend to have reaaaaaaally strict anti-stalking and harassment policies, and those apply to everyone, including fangirls. If Mark went back to college, then following him around campus or sexually harassing him would mean subjecting yourself to some pretty serious potential penalties and risking your own college career in the process.

He may not be at the right point in his career to do it right now, but I feel like completing his degree or even starting a brand new one would absolutely be an option for Mark, if/when he chooses to go that route. The guy strikes me as really intelligent, and I love watching his engineer's brain wreck challenges in video games. I feel like Mark Fischbach has every bit as much to offer the world as Markiplier does, and any field he chooses to get into in the future would be lucky to have his brain in the mix.
Yeah I thought of the fact other entertainers have successfully gone to school too, but I wonder if the University of Cincinnati has dealt with it before. It seems more like a coastal university issue as opposed to the midwest, though that may just be my own perception. I also agree he'd do well in whatever field he wanted, given the combo of his analytical mind, right-brain artistic vision, and determination. It just looked to me like he really enjoyed the challenges that engineering brought him, but couldn't stomach the idea of being locked into a desk job for the rest of his life when so much creativity was itching to get out. Just my .02 :P

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 2

Post by shyguyflys »

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=372&t=20880

Please continue the conversation here. This thread will be locked by a mod any moment now. Thank you. :love2:

Return to “Markiplier”