elaidara
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 2

Post by elaidara »

Immabatman wrote:
Laduree wrote:I kind of want him to play Alice madness returns, I dont know why.
Or silent hill 2, or sniper elite 3, or skyrim. SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY :rofl:
He did play Skyrim for a time, but it died out.

Immabatman
Debater
Debater

Post by Immabatman »

elaidara wrote:
Immabatman wrote:
Laduree wrote:I kind of want him to play Alice madness returns, I dont know why.
Or silent hill 2, or sniper elite 3, or skyrim. SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY :rofl:
He did play Skyrim for a time, but it died out.
Hum, I see. I just know his videos like last year on PT video because my friends tell me to watch him playing and not pewds :rofl:
The old one I still need to see (but is so many videos :rofl: )

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic »

I was excited when I heard he was going to play FF2. But the slow pacing and Mark getting lost in every part is probably what killed the game for both him and the viewers. Probably should have tried FF3. I feel like the Evil Within DLC is an attempt as a longer Let's Play, but it doesn't seem to get at much views as his one-off's unfortunately. I wonder why.

I love the way Corpse Party is written. The descriptions they give are so vivid (especially the murders) puts you there and makes it's really creepy.

FNAF is definitely seeming like a milk nowadays. The third was supposed to be the last, but now it's the fourth. I will be upset if there's a fifth because continuity just gets thrown out the window at that point.

I hope he hasn't ditched the glasses . Like Monkee, I'm OK without the glasses, but Mark with glasses had this charm. I'm still kind of mad they aren't back yet. :(
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

ritzcrackerz
Debater
Debater

Post by ritzcrackerz »

I do miss the glasses as well. Maybe he'll go back to wearing glasses when he runs out of contacts. But who knows :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

boldnewtaste wrote:there are games that i unselfishly want mark to play because they are games that i like :P
(such as: the original spyro games, a cult favorite called "beyond good and evil", maybe not the entire RE series but just RE4, psychonauts, kentucky route zero... i think he might get an existential /stressful kick out of "papers, please". and i'm on the look out for two indie-horror games in the making, sound of silence and allison road)
I've been searching and waiting for either him or the Game Grumps to play Spyro. I fucking loved that game as a kid and I still am trying to get the last dragons.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Chatterbox_380 wrote:
boldnewtaste wrote:there are games that i unselfishly want mark to play because they are games that i like :P
(such as: the original spyro games, a cult favorite called "beyond good and evil", maybe not the entire RE series but just RE4, psychonauts, kentucky route zero... i think he might get an existential /stressful kick out of "papers, please". and i'm on the look out for two indie-horror games in the making, sound of silence and allison road)
I've been searching and waiting for either him or the Game Grumps to play Spyro. I fucking loved that game as a kid and I still am trying to get the last dragons.
I love Spyro! I'm hoping eventually I can record it for an LP myself. Not sure how Mark would play it. Also kinda funny in the Night Blights game there's a small replica of the Spyro dragon statues on the table.

Cat_Lady22
Informer
Informer

Post by Cat_Lady22 »

I'd be doubled over with laughter, if he played an obscure game like Hong Kong 97 :rofl:

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Okay, that Rocket League video today was really nice. It's fun to watch when he's actually having fun. :rofl:

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic »

Ooh, more RC soccer? Alright! He really likes that game and for good reason. It's really fun to watch; I remember cheering with him when he made that kickoff goal in the first part.

I have quite a few things to look at once I'm off work.
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

Cat_Lady22
Informer
Informer

Post by Cat_Lady22 »

I wonder if Mortal Kombat X is on PC, if so, Mark could do a Drunken Kombat with Wade and Bob :rofl:

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

Kierans wrote:Okay, that Rocket League video today was really nice. It's fun to watch when he's actually having fun. :rofl:
Aw, I will have to watch that video, then! I like it when he's actually enjoying himself.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

So now someone on tumblr is trying to demonize him for acting in a parody music video alongside a Viner (Curtis Lepore) who raped their girlfriend? All because the two of them were within ten feet of each other for maybe 5 seconds, and now the tumblrite is demanding that Mark "explain" himself and talking about not supporting his videos anymore over it?

:|

I don't know who Curtis is, but from the little I just read about him he's definitely an asshole. But that tumblrite needs to learn the real definition of "guilt by association". I'm kind of hoping those posts will be deleted from tumblr before long, because no. By that logic, anyone who's ever worked in any film, TV or music medium with anyone else that has a fucked up history is equally guilty of the same crime. How is this even real?

(PS, another tumblrite just posted that Mark needs a snapchat. :roll: Gonna be one of those days on tumblr, innit.)

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

kei wrote:So now someone on tumblr is trying to demonize him for acting in a parody music video alongside a Viner (Curtis Lepore) who raped their girlfriend? All because the two of them were within ten feet of each other for maybe 5 seconds, and now the tumblrite is demanding that Mark "explain" himself and talking about not supporting his videos anymore over it?

I don't know who Curtis is, but from the little I just read about him he's definitely an asshole. But that tumblrite needs to learn the real definition of "guilt by association". I'm kind of hoping those posts will be deleted from tumblr before long, because no. By that logic, anyone who's ever worked in any film, TV or music medium with anyone else that has a fucked up history is equally guilty of the same crime. How is this even real?

(PS, another tumblrite just posted that Mark needs a snapchat. :roll: Gonna be one of those days on tumblr, innit.)
That Wiggles video is old news, why bring it up now? Oh wait, it's Tumblr. :rofl: :roll:

That really is dumb. Just because the guy in the video is an asshole, it doesn't make Mark one by association. Fairly certain Mark isn't following him on Twitter or anything. And he hasn't worked with him since, so what's the problem?

Obviously the person suggesting the Snapchat thing didn't see the shitstorm that came before.

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathToAllSpiders »

kei wrote:So now someone on tumblr is trying to demonize him for acting in a parody music video alongside a Viner (Curtis Lepore) who raped their girlfriend? All because the two of them were within ten feet of each other for maybe 5 seconds, and now the tumblrite is demanding that Mark "explain" himself and talking about not supporting his videos anymore over it?

Booo! Get off the stage! We've all heard that joke before.

But seriously, this Curtis Lepore shit again? Didn't Mark already get called out for breathing the same air as that dude? I distinctly remember someone ranting on Blogspot about this collab last summer. It's like people got to the end of their Reasons Why Markiplier Is "Problematic" list, and just started over at the beginning.

Watch - next year, someone will "discover" that Mark once put on makeup in a video, and whip out all that transmisogyny bullshit like it's a brand new pissing contest instead of some other finger-pointer's stale leftovers.

Come the fuck on, Tumblr. Witch-hunts are pointless enough, but witch-hunt reruns? What the hell, just find someone else to bitch about for a few minutes.

Excuse my pre-coffee snark, but I really hate this crap. I'll give these people room to bitch freely when they start broadcasting their own decisions for everyone to pick apart on the internet.

Until then, booo! Your material is old and your delivery blows! This is me, throwing internet popcorn at your head. Next act, please.

[Edit: Hooray, I can't spell!]

Dragonmax
Informer
Informer

Post by Dragonmax »

DeathToAllSpiders wrote: I don't know who Curtis is, but from the little I just read about him he's definitely an asshole. But that tumblrite needs to learn the real definition of "guilt by association". I'm kind of hoping those posts will be deleted from tumblr before long, because no. By that logic, anyone who's ever worked in any film, TV or music medium with anyone else that has a fucked up history is equally guilty of the same crime. How is this even real?

Booo! Get off the stage! We've all heard that joke before.

But seriously, this Curtis Lepore shit again? Didn't Mark already get called out for breathing the same air as that dude? I distinctly remember someone ranting on Blogspot about this collab last summer. It's like people got to the end of their Reasons Why Markiplier Is "Problematic" list, and just started over at the beginning.

Watch - next year, someone will "discover" that Mark once put on makeup in a video, and whip out all that transmisogyny bullshit like it's a brand new pissing contest instead of some other finger-pointer's stale leftovers.

Come the fuck on, Tumblr. Witch-hunts are pointless enough, but witch-hunt reruns? What the hell, just find someone else to bitch about for a few minutes.

Excuse my pre-coffee snark, but I really hate this crap. I'll give these people room to bitch freely when they start broadcasting their own decisions for everyone to pick apart on the internet.

Until then, booo! Your material is old and your delivery blows! This is me, throwing internet popcorn at your head. Next act, please.

[Edit: Hooray, I can't spell!][/quote]

Of course they need to rehash their topics, because what else would bring traffic to their blogs? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

Dragonmax wrote: Of course they need to rehash their topics, because what else would bring traffic to their blogs?
My first guess would be, "original thoughts", but apparently I'd be wrong. I just don't understand how beating an old issue into the ground generates anything good for anyone.

While you're at it, Tumblr, I could really use some updates on the L.A. Riots and the OJ Simpson trial.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

Spiders,

I'm going to spend all day getting the coffee off of my keyboard, so thanks for that! :rofl: Seriously, it has nothing to do with Mark. It's just one of those "Guess what I found out!" things and they don't realize how late they are to the game. Either way, to assume that Mark has done anything wrong simply because he once stood in the same room as this guy? It's immature at best, stupid at worst. And that, in a nutshell, is Tumblr.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

PsychGrad0317 wrote:Spiders,

I'm going to spend all day getting the coffee off of my keyboard, so thanks for that! :rofl: Seriously, it has nothing to do with Mark. It's just one of those "Guess what I found out!" things and they don't realize how late they are to the game. Either way, to assume that Mark has done anything wrong simply because he once stood in the same room as this guy? It's immature at best, stupid at worst. And that, in a nutshell, is Tumblr.
They're sticking to their guns. :roll: Saying everyone in the video "made a conscious effort" to be in the video with the guy and, in that way, supported his views. Anyone want to tell them a lot of those Youtbers didn't even know who they'd be working with that day? That's the entertainment business. "Welcome to the set, oh yeah also this guy's in it, okay let's go!"

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

You would think that Mark's "I'm in Vegas" video would have cleared that up for them. He said that he had no idea why he was there or what he was going to be doing, but they'd asked him to go and he got on a plane. It seems his life is often like that. He goes where he's supposed to go and waits for someone to point him to his line/booth/panel.

Even so, they may have wanted to be in the video with this guy, but that doesn't mean that they had any idea of what he had allegedly done. How many times do you hear the neighbors in news reports saying "We didn't have any idea! He seemed so normal!" Unless the guy was wearing a T-shirt that says "Hello, I'm a Rapist", I can't imagine that most people would have any clue.

Blaming Mark is just their way of being assholes. They want to hate him, so they look for reasons to do so. It's easy to find them when you're willing to pick apart every little thing he's ever done and draw conclusions based on your theory.

I really should be studying...
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

PsychGrad0317 wrote:Spiders,

I'm going to spend all day getting the coffee off of my keyboard, so thanks for that! :rofl:
Whoops! Sorry Psych :rofl:
PsychGrad0317 wrote:You would think that Mark's "I'm in Vegas" video would have cleared that up for them. He said that he had no idea why he was there or what he was going to be doing, but they'd asked him to go and he got on a plane. It seems his life is often like that. He goes where he's supposed to go and waits for someone to point him to his line/booth/panel.

Even so, they may have wanted to be in the video with this guy, but that doesn't mean that they had any idea of what he had allegedly done. How many times do you hear the neighbors in news reports saying "We didn't have any idea! He seemed so normal!" Unless the guy was wearing a T-shirt that says "Hello, I'm a Rapist", I can't imagine that most people would have any clue.

Blaming Mark is just their way of being assholes. They want to hate him, so they look for reasons to do so. It's easy to find them when you're willing to pick apart every little thing he's ever done and draw conclusions based on your theory.
Exactly!! How do these people know that they themselves aren't interacting with someone equally questionable?

What about that dude in your class project, Tumblr? Did you research whether or not whether he was a rapist before you collaborated with him on a report about the Revolutionary War or whatever? How about your cousin's friend's friend that you chatted with at that wedding? Do you have to know for sure that he's not a rapist before you start making small talk about the wine bar selection or some other trivial thing? If you're a waitress who shares a few laughs with a customer, and the next week she's in the papers for a crime, did you condone that crime by serving her pasta and being pleasant to her on a professional level?

Error: Does not compute.

Return to “Markiplier”