• Advertisement

Markiplier - part 15

Re: Markiplier - part 15

Postby eggo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 pm

does mark have a foot phobia? when he put the marshmellow on with the stockings, think I heard somewhere he hates it when stuff gets in between his toes and has to where socks all the time.
eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby AquarianHorse » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:23 pm

@eggo-yeah really. -_- Poor tree. D: I can't remember who hates what far as phobias go. It seems Tyler really hates clowns. Understandable. I don't know if I am scared of them exactly myself, just seems like the whole world hates them. Ugh foot fetishes, my friend has that -_- I don't have a problem myself with seeing tons of holes.

I am loving the segment with the dogs for sure! :D They're all so adorable! :)

Aw poor Tyler :( Yeah I think when there is something really stressful going on it's hard to put on a smile and act like everything's fine. :/
AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Postby cosmix » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:37 pm

yeah, with whatever funk Mark is in, I have sympathy for the dude, but I don't pity him. as harsh as it sounds, he needs to learn to grow up, start acting like an adult, and get his shit together, honestly. to be honest, I swear there are a lot of youtubers who really need to grow up, and I wouldn't doubt that it's connected.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby MineDressFearless » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm

I feel like for a lot of reasons, Mark has stopped maturing and that's been putting me off enough to unsub from him. I think one reason is his fanbase, dude has to stop relying on a bunch of little kids and actually evolve as an entertainer/comedian or whatever he wants to be. I believe he is too scared to do that right now, Youtube has been his safe place for years.
Another thing I believe is his relationships. Out of all his friends I think Tyler is the most mature/grown-up one and Bob has already grown out of the youtuber phase. Amy also seems to be stuck in a teenager phase and I don't know whether his love for her is keeping him like that too- it does feel good to be accepted- or if they're just draggind each other down. But they're both too old to keep doing this stuff.
I honestly can't wait to see him grow and evolve and his future content as well. He either needs to get off of youtube, do entertainment seriously or something completely different, like a college degree, or just drastically change up his content and cater to a new audience like pewdiepie did. It's honestly pretty cringy seeing a man in his thirties behaving like he's back in his twenties.
I strongly believe this is the case because of emotional immaturity, as in he feels safe not growing up, feeling strong by pretending he's protecting his fans yadda yadda. But it's time to move on and I think he's having a hard time with that
I never watch the stars there's so much down here
So I just try to keep up with them,
Red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart
MineDressFearless
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby eggo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Wow! Thay really gave it to him during his tub punishment. Ethan and Tyler even asked him on topics that the fans DIDN'T know, and he answered them and still lied about his promises. Yeah..I'm convinced. Once a bad youtuber...always a bad youtuber. Just how much lying did he do to Amy I wonder? Hmmm :busted:
eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Sunshinerain102 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 pm

On the therapist thing: First, not every therapist works with every person. If this one didn’t work find a new one. Second, if the therapist asked you why you aren’t doing something, it’s because they genuinely want to figure out why you aren’t doing something. Mark probably said he had ambitions to do something other than YouTube and the therapist asked him why he didn’t and he got offended. Third, he always promotes mental health and stuff, but seems pretty reluctant to go to a therapist himself and actually follow through with it... I feel like I am just watching Mark spiral more and more downwards and become more and more inauthentic.
Sunshinerain102
Debater
Debater

Postby Sour Lemon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:41 pm

So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?
Sour Lemon
Talker
Talker

Postby Xxbabygirljanet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Sour Lemon wrote:So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?

Also they’re probably being made my little Chinese child or Chinese people being payed WAY lower than minimum wage and working their asses off to feed their families. But ya know they’ll probably never bring that up smh.
Xxbabygirljanet
Talker
Talker

Postby kooks » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm out of the loop - what's the whole Pewds vs T-series thing?

Also, I may be on the minority opinion here but not *every* Chinese factory is a "sweatshop". I think that's why from the get go they put emphasis on fair production guidelines.
That beings said, the reason most brands ( even Apple, most American brand) go to china for manufacturing IS because they have lower rates then western countries. and sometimes it's the pipeline expertise. just a point cause it bugs me ppl immediately think of Chinese factories as exploitive .yes, am aware there are and it's a big problem, just saying that the automated assumption is not fair
kooks
Talker
Talker

Postby Chibi Mooncat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 am

Sour Lemon wrote:So Pewds defended cloak, which I have problems with because one of his main points was that the clothes weren’t made in China, but what he didn’t know is SUPRISE Cloak clothing is indeed made in China. Also an interesting point Memeology 101 pointed out is that right after he defended Cloak, Mark and Sean jointed on the whole T-Series vs Pewdiepie fasco right after he defended them. Coincidence?
A little something someone was asking about Cloak on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Markiplier/com ... h=4ee00f19
"This may have escaped your notice but... Life isn't fair!" - Professor Snape
Chibi Mooncat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby MineDressFearless » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Yuck. Nice friends.
I never watch the stars there's so much down here
So I just try to keep up with them,
Red, orange, yellow flicker beat sparking up my heart
MineDressFearless
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby cosmix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm

kooks wrote:I'm out of the loop - what's the whole Pewds vs T-series thing?

Also, I may be on the minority opinion here but not *every* Chinese factory is a "sweatshop". I think that's why from the get go they put emphasis on fair production guidelines.
That beings said, the reason most brands ( even Apple, most American brand) go to china for manufacturing IS because they have lower rates then western countries. and sometimes it's the pipeline expertise. just a point cause it bugs me ppl immediately think of Chinese factories as exploitive .yes, am aware there are and it's a big problem, just saying that the automated assumption is not fair

Fair enough, but the thing is that underpaid workers is basically like the only reason why China has become the go to manufacturing country. That's the reason everyone goes there. They don't go there for the quality or anything like that. Especially since if you're an American company for example, then you have to put extra money and resources into the transportation and such. But if you're using underpaid workers, then it's still profitable overall. And I did speak to someone at Cloak over email about the China issue because I try my best to have as much information as possible and be fair, but they essentially just confirmed that everything is made in China, said they don't use exploitive manufacturing, and then refused to share any further details when I asked. So that definitely was off putting. I've spoken directly with many businesses before and one thing that you'll never see is them refusing to give details on a matter like that. They just don't, why would they? And then in the email response that was posted on here, the story changed. They say they don't know, but when I emailed they just said they wouldn't disclose those details.

So while I won't say for sure that they're using sweatshops or otherwise exploitive means, I don't know for certain, that's how it looks at the moment. It's off putting at the very least.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby eggo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:29 pm

So Mark just might be really hanging it up with YouTube for real this time according to his latest community stream. It's really about time too. Time to start settling down. Plan for the future ( which is what he said on forbes). :tu:
eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby [som3thing] » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:22 pm

eggo wrote:So Mark just might be really hanging it up with YouTube for real this time according to his latest community stream. It's really about time too. Time to start settling down. Plan for the future ( which is what he said on forbes). :tu:

by 'hanging it up' do you mean leaving and doing something else? (sorry, I am not a native english speaker and I am not sure what you meant there)
<3
[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Postby Sour Lemon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Yt rewind 2018 is gonna be released this Thursday, god have mercy on my soul and please no fortnite dances :?
Sour Lemon
Talker
Talker

Postby cosmix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 pm

I hate to break it to ya lemon but...there's probably gonna be fortnite dances
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby -shiro- » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:35 pm

why the heck should i sub to a youtuber i find intolarable, god trying to force me into subbing makes me mad, is swearing alowed? im censoring myself but god that was annoying
-shiro-
Stalker
Stalker

Postby cosmix » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am

the whole "subscribe to pewdiepie" is a meme because of the whole t series thing.

and yes, swearing is definitely allowed. if you looked at my posts only you'd probably even think it was encouraged.

I have the potty mouth... :help:
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby Sour Lemon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:02 pm

cosmix wrote:I hate to break it to ya lemon but...there's probably gonna be fortnite dances

Let me be in denial a little longer :rofl:

And yep swear alll you want, I have a sailor mouth even if I’m not exactly proud of it
Sour Lemon
Talker
Talker

Postby eggo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 am

I wish the "ice bucket LIE" challenge was longer, there are soooo many other lies he's made. :tu: And promises NOT kept.
eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby cosmix » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

yeah in that video...Ethan is me
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby eggo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:10 pm

So thoughts on the 2018 YouTube rewind?
eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby cosmix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Well first off, I was right lemon...there are fortnite dances. :(

Now, things I liked about it:
1. They included the animators! Although they were missing psychicpebbles, but they did have Jaiden. Hm...
2. They had more international youtubers, that's always cool.

Those were the only two things that I liked. The rest was a total pandering mess. And you can just tell with the theme and the listening to comments part and ALL of that is just youtube trying to save their own ass. And then the Will Smith bit is just like...I like Will Smith, but why is he here? Plus, am I crazy for thinking the production quality has actually gone significantly downhill this year? :o

Mark's one little clip was very sweet though, even though most of the segment it was part of was really cringe. :love2:
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby Sour Lemon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Gotta admit kinda surprised by the diversity in the new rewind (still don’t know any of the yters besides like 4) but that still doesn’t help the cringe, my lord, it bothers me how they go from fun to serious to fun, don’t put your message in the middle. Love all those one week lasting memes. We’re any ytrewinds ever good? But The part with Mark and the make a wish was sweet
Sour Lemon
Talker
Talker

Postby cosmix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:21 pm

There've been good ones...just not in recent years. At this point I don't want Lindsey Stirling to be in one because she doesn't deserve this. And like, as bad as last year's was, they did have a serious bit about the natural disasters and all that but it fit so much better, this one was just jarring.

Also to all the commenters that they showed asking for the fortnite dances, I hope you know that you're going to hell. You are responsible for this and shall burn for your sins and helping subject us all to that.
cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Markiplier