gh0stparties

shewassun
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: gh0stparties

Post by shewassun »

I just discovered her blog last week, and it's already one of my favourite blogs. Her makeup is always on point, and I like that she has fine hair like me, so I can actually get hair recs from her.

whistlesx
Learner
Learner

Post by whistlesx »

shewassun wrote:I just discovered her blog last week, and it's already one of my favourite blogs. Her makeup is always on point, and I like that she has fine hair like me, so I can actually get hair recs from her.
^ agreed. I think she looks better when she doesn't backcomb it so much but I guess fine hair can look kinda limp if you don't. I like her new bangs she really suits them.

lalalucy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lalalucy »

pinkcow wrote:yeah the outfit photos kate took on her iphone looked great. not surprised milkbubbletea said that, shes so up her own arse.
I think gh0stparties did it to piss her off. This made me happy

Rauri
Informer
Informer

Post by Rauri »

She has a quiet humility that I really like. It's a nice change from all the other fake YT bitches. Some people just ooze sincerity and kindness. She's one of them I think. Unfortunately I don't think I'll subscribe. She's nice and seems to have a genuine personality, but she kind of bores me, which is a little disappointing. :|

Post by Guest »

Rauri wrote:She has a quiet humility that I really like. It's a nice change from all the other fake YT bitches. Some people just ooze sincerity and kindness. She's one of them I think. Unfortunately I don't think I'll subscribe. She's nice and seems to have a genuine personality, but she kind of bores me, which is a little disappointing. :|
I feel the exact same way.

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

i've never seen someone pose soooo much in their videos like she does... fuck me! and the constant staring at herself in the viewfinder/screen is very annoying. apart from that, i do actually like her! good videos, reviews, recs, tutorials (not that i ever follow them) and her blog is decent too.

i lol'd when someone commented on one of her older videos that she looked like gemsmaquillage, she was not happy to say the least :D

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

She finally launched her online magazine site: http://www.nouvelledaily.com/
It looks SO GOOD.

lalalucy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lalalucy »

lustingforlondon wrote:She finally launched her online magazine site: http://www.nouvelledaily.com/
It looks SO GOOD.
Neat! Did you guys see Ingrid tweeted her and said she loved her channel and Katie was like "cool thanks", so casual not even a re tweet. Most gurus would be printing and framing a tweet from her (Miss Glamorazzi)

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

I really like her! I prefer the British/Irish Gurus over the American ones. They're a lot calmer and softer when speaking, which I like a lot. I don't have to lower my sound or brace myself to watch a video. However, in her most recent picture, she's wearing an inverted cross. I know a lot of people aren't bothered by them, and it's a trend. (I have no idea why.) But for me it did. :/

blueberrymuffin

Post by blueberrymuffin »

Why did it bother you? I know it has other meanings, but I think it's safe to say that Kate wore it for fashion purposes and not because she's a devil worshipper. I just don't think a lot of people think about the meanings behind fashion pieces and wear them purely because they like the way they look. No biggie.

bettyspots
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bettyspots »

Her last post is so funny! I love that she doesn't take herself seriously!

annemarie_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by annemarie_ »

Yes, I think it was aimed at Lilly Pebbles (What I heart today) ^_^ this pleases me

bettyspots
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bettyspots »

annemarie_ wrote:Yes, I think it was aimed at Lilly Pebbles (What I heart today) ^_^ this pleases me
really? how come?

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I subbed to her yt channel for about a week but got so bored I unsubbed quickly.

pinkcow

Post by pinkcow »

annemarie_ wrote:Yes, I think it was aimed at Lilly Pebbles (What I heart today) ^_^ this pleases me
lily pebbles is one of kates good friends so i doubt it was

annemarie_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by annemarie_ »

It's obvious none of the bloggers like Lilly actually, I say it was directed at her. Even Gemma (maquilage) sent out a tweet directed at Lilly when she was at the London FW

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

I love her skincare posts the most! Super helpful but dang they're expensive!

combray
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by combray »

lalalucy wrote:I always get the impression she inspires lots of gurus and is always hauling and using stuff that hasn't been hyped up by a bazzilion British gurus and then they all jump on the bandwagon and never give her any credit. Her blog is good, she doesn't review a million mac lipsticks or buy whatever is "in" at the time, yet everyone will purchase whatever she gets... yet her blog isn't that well known? Just me?
I just noticed that with the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. She was absolutely crazy about it, and that's why I decided to buy it too because she made it sound so great (lol). She spent a couple of times talking about it (in posts and a few videos too), and then I noticed that Lilly and Essie have bought the product too (Anna and Emma have the luminizing version) and since then she hasn't talked about the product at all, which is pretty weird.

Coincidence? I don't blame them because it really is great, but it must be annoying for Kate sometimes.

annemarie_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by annemarie_ »

Laura Mercier Silk Creme (Tanya linked to her blog. and Ingrid tweeted her about the juor matte moisture but no one else mention her blog. Her blog could be more popular, she does not have a lots of followers but yet there are many many bloggers that buy her things that have the more followers. I agree, very annoying!

combray
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by combray »

annemarie_ wrote:Laura Mercier Silk Creme (Tanya linked to her blog. and Ingrid tweeted her about the juor matte moisture but no one else mention her blog. Her blog could be more popular, she does not have a lots of followers but yet there are many many bloggers that buy her things that have the more followers. I agree, very annoying!
Yeah, Ingrid at least mentioned her, was very nice.

Return to “Adored Bloggers”