Emma Hill

proverbs_
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Hill

Post by proverbs_ »

I kind of like her too, as I get the impression that she puts a lot of effort in her videos. For example, she would wear not only her jeans in her video, but also discloses every information you would need to buy it as well as supposing some other styles to it, so you really get a proper idea of what the jeans could look like on different occasions. You can not really say anything against it, she has a nice working attitude!
I wonder if she works or used to work as a stylist, too? Are she and her husband living off YouTube and the blog? She must really get a lot of money then...

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

I really like Emma's style and she definitely has been branching out but see her in the real world (sofa shopping) she looks kind of silly. Don't know what it is but something was just off.

Lateg0ssiper
Informer
Informer

Post by Lateg0ssiper »

proverbs_ wrote:I kind of like her too, as I get the impression that she puts a lot of effort in her videos. For example, she would wear not only her jeans in her video, but also discloses every information you would need to buy it as well as supposing some other styles to it, so you really get a proper idea of what the jeans could look like on different occasions. You can not really say anything against it, she has a nice working attitude!
I wonder if she works or used to work as a stylist, too? Are she and her husband living off YouTube and the blog? She must really get a lot of money then...
She used to work in retail but they both just live off her blog, instagram and youtube now. I'm not sure what he did before.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

I believe he worked at the train station. There is a video somewhere where they explain how they met. I really like them. They have great banter and are very transparent. :tu:

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

monki wrote:I really like Emma's style and she definitely has been branching out but see her in the real world (sofa shopping) she looks kind of silly. Don't know what it is but something was just off.
she came across very rude and standoffish! can't stand how EVERYTHING she says starts with 'OK SO..'

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

I was kinda shocked by her Wardrobe clean out video...even if you estimate each piece by only 50 Euro, you get such an enormous amount of money. I know, lots of it is gifts, but still, it really gives you some perspective about that whole blogger life, isn't it.

PrettyInATeacup

Post by PrettyInATeacup »

proverbs_ wrote:I was kinda shocked by her Wardrobe clean out video...even if you estimate each piece by only 50 Euro, you get such an enormous amount of money. I know, lots of it is gifts, but still, it really gives you some perspective about that whole blogger life, isn't it.
everything is so expensive yet really plain and boring imo

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

PrettyInATeacup wrote:
proverbs_ wrote:I was kinda shocked by her Wardrobe clean out video...even if you estimate each piece by only 50 Euro, you get such an enormous amount of money. I know, lots of it is gifts, but still, it really gives you some perspective about that whole blogger life, isn't it.
everything is so expensive yet really plain and boring imo
Yeah, somehow you are right. I could actually justify the sheer amount of clothes if she would have been a stylist in the past :D . I also noticed her 5 checked blazers, which look basically the same.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I've questioned her before about how she manages to store all the clothing that she has, coats alone take up so much space. She said that she has a lot of closet space. I mean good for her, but even when she films at home, we've seen her closets and there is no way she has enough space.

Nice girl thought, I like her personality and her fashion style.

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

Are we sure that Simon doesn't work? Because she often mentions him buying her handbags, where does he get that money? There's no way they could afford their lifestyle on her blog and youtube lone. She's constantly buying things and they own their property.

Rage&Love
Informer
Informer

Post by Rage&Love »

monki wrote:Are we sure that Simon doesn't work? Because she often mentions him buying her handbags, where does he get that money? There's no way they could afford their lifestyle on her blog and youtube lone. She's constantly buying things and they own their property.
She's mentioned before (quite early on on her yt) that he left his job & works with/for her.

tasksfor
Stalker
Stalker

Post by tasksfor »

Love Emma. She's such a great personality, with incredible style and humour. EDITED BY MISSJAMMERS THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE USING THIS SITE. I SUGGEST YOU KEEP ON TOPIC

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

^ bit random but ok. Maybe stay away from the trash forums yeah?

Just registering my jealousy here. Her instastories have been really enjoyable and she's having all these good times looking great and all that. I still don't know why I watch her because our styles are not similar at all and our sizes/shapes are miles apart. But the struggle is real on YT atm to find anyone who isn't awful and so far she seems like a good egg. And her relationship with Simon makes me laugh. I like their sense of humour.

Anyone know anyone similar? In delivery/vlog style more than fashion-wise.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Frankie123
Learner
Learner

Post by Frankie123 »

Gizmo2323 wrote:^ bit random but ok. Maybe stay away from the trash forums yeah?

Just registering my jealousy here. Her instastories have been really enjoyable and she's having all these good times looking great and all that. I still don't know why I watch her because our styles are not similar at all and our sizes/shapes are miles apart. But the struggle is real on YT atm to find anyone who isn't awful and so far she seems like a good egg. And her relationship with Simon makes me laugh. I like their sense of humour.

Anyone know anyone similar? In delivery/vlog style more than fashion-wise.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
I’m also very different from Emma’s style and body shape. But I love her vlogs and insta stories. She just seems refreshingly down to earth and genuinely care the content she creates!
Following to see if anyone else has any suggestions for similar you tubers.
I enjoy her slightly more mature content but still with the fun banter!

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

I love her stories and videos :tu: :love2: Can't wait for the Florida vlogs! :FU:

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

She's 100% my favourite YouTuber right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Emma Hill

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-t ... leil-cheek

Press sample sold for £50?!
I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.
She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

YouTubeaddict15 wrote:
Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Rage&Love wrote:https://www.depop.com/ejstyle/ejstyle-t ... leil-cheek

Press sample sold for £50?!
I really don't like people doing this. That's really disappointed me. Someone should call her out on this.
She talked about this is one of her videos, she said she sells stuff on Depop and uses the money to reinvest and buy stuff from the same brand who sent her the sample so she so she can show stuff on her channel she genuinely loves xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Love Emma but don't really agree. She obviously has a lot of money, if she wants to buy something then she should be spending her own money. She should give away all unwanted PR to woman's refuge friends and family.

Before this I had no problem with bloggers selling PR and still don't really, because I always put myself in their position. But I realise I cannot really compare as I work a much harder job, am paying off student loans but don't make anywhere near what these youtubers do. An extra few £ every now and again would really help me, Emma's just justifying greed.

RockMyBrunch
Learner
Learner

Post by RockMyBrunch »

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I don't see how making money of PR samples can be justified, doesn't matter what you're buying with it.

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

I love how all these Youtubers are barely posting once a week and now Emma is posting 3x per week :respekt: :love2: :tu:

Return to “Adored Bloggers”