Anastasia Beverly Hills

Minayoki
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anastasia Beverly Hills

Post by Minayoki »

Sorry If there's already a topic under her name guys, I just couldn't find it!

I'd like my vent my frustration about ABH. I do own her eyebrow products and yeah they're not bad but they're not made out of 24k molten gold.
I feel as though so many youtubers, and instagram make up artists worship her and her products in return for getting free products.

So seeing as she's released these new liquid matte lipsticks the make up community has been going mad. I finally came across one honest review by a youtuber, saying it wasn't worth how much she paid for. She's not very known her name is purplekisses1110 if you'd like to see the vid. And she was basically saying, the products was completely flaking off every time she spoke once the product had set. Now this could just be a reaction to her lips only, but I'm so glad she was honest, and wasn't afraid to voice her dislike to the product that everyone is oh so "in love" with.

What are your thoughts guys?

Japanlover666
Informer
Informer

Re: Anastasia Beverly Hills

Post by Japanlover666 »

To be fair in a honest way, you can't really know until you try them. For all we know some people could be telling the truth that they truly like the product. I'm was waiting for a few more reviews from makeup alley girls cause they show no mercy when reviewing a product, and some women on beautylish to give their thoughts.

I couldn't wait so I went out and bought heathers. In my personal opinion I found it average. I can't say on the lasting power because I would end up taking it off before I even get to my 2nd class which is about an hour from my 1st period It's very drying on my lips despite I use lip balm before it. I love the color, and the way it glided nicely on the lips. Hot damn it was too drying that I would end up taking it off half the day to put on lip gloss.

I have to say I personally think Kat Von D is a little better than Anastasia's and cheaper too. Better yet the NYX lip cream is cheaper than both, but I wasn't fond of NYX lip cream. My sister didn't find it drying on her lips with the Anastasia's liquid lipstick, so I gave it to her because I couldn't take how it would cling to my dry patches and dry out my lips making me look crazy when I go out.

My problem is that it's not easily removable. It seems that I had to use oil to take it off.

I'm interested in her single eyeshadows though, I loved her brow products, but the eyeshadow junkie in me wants to try it out. One girl on youtube said it wasn't worth it, but eh I want more reviews. Not much people are reviewing them which is pissing me off. Cause I want more swatches on other girls on youtube.

Am I the only one who didn't like her contour kit? It's too warm for me to contour with, and broke me out.

Minayoki
Learner
Learner

Post by Minayoki »

I didn't like her contour kit! For some reason it just wasn't as hyped as everyone made it out to be. I have original contour palette and I found the same problem. She has shade variations now but if the formula broke you out I'd avoid that.

They have the cream version out now.

I found a dupe for her brow wiz by soap and glory called brow archery or something.

I've heard good reviews about her eyeshadows so it's a good chance they'll be okay.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Hated one of her brow kits, I don't remember the name of it, but you had this loose powder mix and you had to mix it with this gel until it made a "cake batter" type substance. It was SO messy and it was hard to use, I ended up giving it to someone

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I think there's some truth to this. They sent me a bunch of their products because of my instagram. I absolutely love all the brow products. They really are the stars of her line. But the liquid lipsticks, while I love the colors, don't have a great formula imo. They're a bit drying, and you can't lick your lips, or else it'll get weird. But if you put on a balm or something, it's better. So they probably are overpriced. The eyeshadows are ace. I love those. The new waterproof creme colors---no. They also flake if you want that bright colorful look they're pushing. They're much better as a cream shadow where you just put a wash of color over the lids. But I probably wouldn't say anything about it publicly lol. They're just such a supportive company when it comes to the makeup artist community, it's hard to slate them. I know, I'd rather just emphasize their positive attributes.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Is the brow wiz worth it? Anastasia can now be bought on one of Australia's beauty sites and I'm so tempted...

LoveHateWithYoutube
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LoveHateWithYoutube »

I can't say I've tried lots, because I haven't, but their brow products are AMAZING!
I own the brow wiz, duo brow powder, and the base 1 concealer/primer.
I use the brow wiz to draw/ define brow, slightly blend with the spooly (not sure how to spell it lol) and fill it in with a bit of the brow duo.
I feel like I'm making it seem like my brows are "chola eyebrows" but they're not. I receive lots of compliments and its all thanks to the ABH products.
p.s I use the base 1 to conceal around the brow and really shape it and give it that clean look.
there is one con about the base 1. it says it can be use as a face concealer but I personally feel its way too thick to be one... it'll point out your imperfections even more especially on a dry spot.

Lipsnfingertips
Learner
Learner

Post by Lipsnfingertips »

Has anyone seen a dupe for the color of Anastasia's Sepia Liquid Lipstick? Thanks!

bluehawaii19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluehawaii19 »

I haven't really tried many products from ABH but I do really like the Dipbrow Pomade. I am a natural dirty blonde so my hair darkened to a medium brunette over the years. The hair on my body is always either blonde in areas or brunette (my arm hair looks like I don't have any because it's blonde and my leg hair is a mixture where above my knees is blonde and below is darker brown). As for my brows, it is the same way. I have naturally terrible brows because the tails are blonde and non-existent so I have to fill them in.

I originally tried Chocolate a few years ago after the product was launched and hated it because it was way too dark for me. When they launched more shades, I tried Medium Brown and it works for me. I've had it for almost a year now and it had dried out a lot so I added a drop of water to make it more wet and that was a mistake because the product was way too dark for my brows so I dried it out again and it works great (I like natural looking brows, not dramatic). I recently purchased Soft Brown and it gives the same colour payoff as Medium Brown on me but more natural.

Wonk_Eye
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Wonk_Eye »

Lipsnfingertips wrote:Has anyone seen a dupe for the color of Anastasia's Sepia Liquid Lipstick? Thanks!
I've seen dupes but they aren't good. I've been trying to get sepia since it came out and they've been sold out in store and on the website.... It's so annoying. I don't understand why it takes months to get restocked with so many of their products.

bubbie980
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bubbie980 »

i loves it

Venema
Learner
Learner

Post by Venema »

I have very fair skin so I always find it difficult to find a highlighter that suits me. The Starlight Illuminator is one of my favourite highlighters ever! I'd almost go as far to say I prefer it to Becca Pearl!

ohyourejoking
Informer
Informer

Post by ohyourejoking »

I actually purchased her highlight kit a couple of days ago but I'm contemplating on whether I should keep it or not. I haven't reached for it and it's literally still sitting in the sephora bag. Lol.

I purchased pure hollywood a couple of months ago and I don't really reach for it. It is slightly flaky once it dries but that's my own experience. I haven't purchased a lipstick from her ever since. Also, it's starting to smell a little funky so i'm pretty sure it's time to toss it as well.

the brow pomade is by far the best I've tried. It is a definite go to product.

iCYSPiCY
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by iCYSPiCY »

I have the tinted brow gel, and it honestly just seems like mascara. I wouldn't recommend it. I only got it, because of Youtube reviews.
:HK: :HK:

Post by Guest »

The brow powder duo and dipbrow pomade have changed my life for the better!

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

What do you guys think about the subculture palette leak? Norvina tweeted about and it's on trend mood. I personally don't like it just because I prefer warm colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

What do you guys think about the subculture palette leak? Norvina tweeted about and it's on trend mood. I personally don't like it just because I prefer warm colors.

Daisylugirl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Daisylugirl »

Looks pretty enough but I am on a no buy

green_tea
Talker
Talker

Post by green_tea »

lauralovescats09 wrote:What do you guys think about the subculture palette leak? Norvina tweeted about and it's on trend mood. I personally don't like it just because I prefer warm colors.

Honestly, I think it's very average. I expected way better and more interesting. Just looks like they threw a bunch of colours together and ta-da! I mean you can definitely create looks with it but it's nothing special, it won't start a trend, and if you look at each shade individually, you probably already have a shade like that. Just my opinion though...

But is it normal to have such a hissy fit because of a leak? I mean, it was just a shot of a palette. They did not reveal the formula or some behind the scenes information. Just a picture of a palette that people already knew was about to come out soon...

okthatscool
Lurker
Lurker

Post by okthatscool »

That's how I feel too

Return to “Anastasia Beverly Hills”