The truth about Morphe

God
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The truth about Morphe

Post by God »

Crown Brushes & Morphe are exactly the same. Morphe does private labelling, that means they don't create their own products (brushes, palettes and eyeshadows), they buy products already created by another brand and put their name (logo) on them, with a few small changes of course. I think now they're coming up with some single shadows that they're actually trying to create themselves, but that's another story.

If you want to save bucks, might as well buy from Crown which is the source.

Crown palette (left) VS Morphe palette (right)

This lady explains everything in detail. You can find more information in this video.

[youtube][/youtube]

People are shady and greedy and some brands are just sketchy. Once again, be very careful about what these money thirsty gurus try to sell you.

*This topic was not made to hate on the brand, but to spread awareness and knowledge. I'm not saying don't buy from them, just know what you are buying.

SnatchingWeaves
Talker
Talker

Re: The truth about Morphe

Post by SnatchingWeaves »

I knew Morphe was shit lol
I've only ever heard about it from youtubers with a commission code. Nobody else ever mentions those.
xoxo, GG

lowkeyshittalker
Informer
Informer

Post by lowkeyshittalker »

From what I've seen a lot of Morphe products are cheaper than crown, but it goes the other way around as well i guess it depends on the product?. I was at a trade show in ATL once and went to the crown booth there was this older guy working there who was trying to make a pass at me or something, when i made it clear i wasn't interested he got mad and started acting like an asshole.

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel

tess-uhh
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tess-uhh »

Only time I'll ever get anything from Morphe is from their subscription box with LiveGlam. I hate that company but you just can't go wrong with at least $30 worth of brushes for $19.99 :shy:

brewsandbeauty
Learner
Learner

Post by brewsandbeauty »

Honestly, the few that I've ordered pooped out pretty quick. I have elf brushes that have lasted twice as long.

kkrstee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kkrstee »

Was just about to make a purchase before I found this thread...thank the lord I did!

badbitchh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by badbitchh »

Any good cheap alternative brush ideas? I don't want to buy morphe but I am having trouble finding brushes that are that affordable.

Vexie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vexie »

I visited the store to check them out after hearing so many YTers rave about them. Took out a shadow brush to use this morning and it immediately started shedding on my lid. Seriously, just took the wrapper off THIS MORNING. I was really disappointed. Some of their other products aren't as bad. I think they're super hit-or-miss.

Blissey
Learner
Learner

Post by Blissey »

Same is true about BH and Coastal Scents. All from the same private label place, the import receipts are there for anyone to find.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I've gone to both Crown and Morphe's websites. I'm sure Crown would get more sales if their website were more organized. I'd like to be able to sort by brushes for eyes, face, etc. rather than just by the series.

I may need a new face brush soon since my ELF Studio flat-top powder brush (I use it for foundation) sheds like crazy whenever I wash it. Interestingly enough, Morphe's MB Black series of brushes look a lot like the ELF Studio brushes, and are only a few dollars more.
https://www.morphebrushes.com/collections/mb-black-1

Luckily, there's a kiosk at the mall near my house that sells Morphe brushes and eyeshadow palettes, so I can check them out in person before buying. ;)

UghhAsIf
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by UghhAsIf »

You actually USED to be able to add your OWN label on the brushes before. They generally made the option available if you bought brushes in bulk.

However, they discontinued the option last year - gee I wonder why :rofl:

https://www.morphebrushes.com/pages/pri ... nformation

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

badbitchh wrote:Any good cheap alternative brush ideas? I don't want to buy morphe but I am having trouble finding brushes that are that affordable.
If there's a tj maxx/marshalls nearby they tend to have brushes on sale. Even the ones not on sale are pretty good quality and priced well.

KittenOnTheInternet
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenOnTheInternet »

The BeautyKate brushes on Amazon are also pretty nice. I bought their knock-off unicorn brushes - $15 for 10. The fan brush is...eh, it's a fan brush. But the big powder brush is wonderful, the fluffy eye brushes are super nice, and the flat-top brush has replaced my beauty blender as the go-to.
I'm really just here to make witty commentary. I'm not very good at witty commentary.

someoneyeah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by someoneyeah »

i couldn't find a Crown equivalent to Morphe's gilded or rose gold collection, does that mean those aren't private labeled from Crown?

DerpingtonDisease
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DerpingtonDisease »

Gave in to the hype about Morphe since I really needed some cheap brushes. Got the the rose set & and the black-and-white one (travel-sized), and I was hella excited to try it out. . . But after just trying them out ONCE, they shed A LOT. :x Not a fan of them, especially when YouTubers pimp them out like they're the BEST brushes out there. Please. . . . My Real Techniques brushes that I bought 3 years ago are still holding up strong and have never shed on me once.

snowwhite936
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by snowwhite936 »

Morphe is shit yet all of these "gurus" still make money off of them...

:roll:

thescandless
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by thescandless »

My Morphe brushes are constantly breaking :roll:

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

I had a few Morphe brushes but I didn't like how they felt and they broke after a while

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolomgstop »

Blissey wrote:Same is true about BH and Coastal Scents. All from the same private label place, the import receipts are there for anyone to find.
This. I know this topic is old as hell, but I can't believe that the obvious even needed to be stated about Morphe. I guess some people just don't recall the early days of the "Youtube Beauty Gurus" where everybody shilled Coastal Scents palettes and brushes. I'm talking when Elle aka AllThatGlitters was on top of her game days. Morphe, BH Cosmetics, Coastal Scents, etc. all have/had the same made in China shit palettes you can order on eBay for $1.00. Morphe just got lucky that they jumped into the game while social media influencers have millions of sheep to brainwash into buying their products. I used to work at Sephora and cringed every time someone came in asking if we carried Morphe products. Like, seriously?

Return to “Morphe”