Too Faced & Potential Dog Dangers

TruthHurtz

Too Faced & Potential Dog Dangers

Post by TruthHurtz »

I just wanted to start a post so more people could see this and be aware. I didn't really know where else to discuss this that people could spread word. Let's talk Chocolate Palettes and Powders. The ingredient explained for that magical smell is nothing but Cocoa Powder. How much exactly, no one knows but them.

What I do know is that Cocoa powder contains a lot more of that toxic chemical to dogs than milk chocolate for example. Size of dog matters, amount consumed matters. But as a reference point if a 10 pound dog eats .25 oz of it there is a good chance that dog will die.

The owner has a very small little pup if I'm not mistaken. How is there NO warning label anywhere on that package that says something to the lines of "may be toxic to animals please use with caution". I have an 80 pound pitbull and I'm too scared to use chocolate bronzer because he might lick my face and even if he wouldn't die from that level he could get sick to some degree.

Idk. Just be aware guys. Let's take good care of our furry best friends.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blissey
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Too Faced & Potential Dog Dangers

Post by Blissey »

Gosh of course, not owning these it hadn't occurred to me! I can't stand the smell personally and I just don't get the appeal of fragranced products anyway)

There's a calculator for chocolate toxicity (which includes cocoa powder) on this site that people might find useful: http://www.petmd.com/dog/chocolate-toxicity

xoamy

Post by xoamy »

Wow thank you for the heads up, I never even considered this

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

I mean, I'd be worried if they ate the whole pan or part of it, but even the smallest dog should be fine if they just licked your face while you ear it.

And to be fair, chocolate bars themselves don't say keep away from animals anywhere on the package, either. Nor do containers of actual cocoa powder.

thatgirldesiree
Learner
Learner

Post by thatgirldesiree »

My dog is a lab and husky mix and once ate a whole box of oreos (on accident of course and was totally fine). I'm sure if they lick your face with the makeup on they will be fine (plus most ppl layer blush and setting spray and other things on top so they literally wont taste any chocolate).

bigdog

Post by bigdog »

my dog once ate a dozen chocolate chip cookies. he got diarrhea and went to the vet but he was fine in the end.

Return to “Too Faced”