Too Faced Chocolate Bar problem - Is it just me?

YorkshireTea
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Too Faced Chocolate Bar problem - Is it just me?

Post by YorkshireTea »

For Christmas I received the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette which I was absolutely thrilled about; I'd wanted it for a while because I'd heard good things about the brand as a whole and loved the packaging. I haven't been let down as such, because the shadows smell divine and the colours are very pretty, but I have one issue - blending. No matter how hard I try I just can't get the texture of the shadows to work. They don't spread across my lids the way they should and so they end up looking really patchy.
I use the Urban Decay shadow brush that came with the N2 palette. It's such a shame because I'd love to use this palette regularly, but blending is just a no-no! Does anyone else share my pain?

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Too Faced Chocolate Bar problem - Is it just me?

Post by dollhouse »

I would pop by a sephora and ask them to help out ...

ainthatabitch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ainthatabitch »

Are you using a eye primer before? That always helps me. I agree with above poster, stop by Sephora and ask them to help.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I've seen a lot of tutorials from people I trust who haven't had that problem! I agree, ask sephora. Could be a dud?
I was going to buy it but the purple shade is so awful.

keepinitreal01
Learner
Learner

Post by keepinitreal01 »

Some of the shimmers don't really apply that well and are kind of opaque, but I didn't have many problems with most colors. I do however use it with an eye primer - either from benefit or Elf

Post by Guest »

I have this palette and use it at least once a week, today included. I can tell you with certainty that there are a couple of colors that just flat out suck, namely Candied Violet (glittery but sheer purple), Stawberry Bon Bon (matte but uneven pink), and Black Forest Truffle (dark cranberry glitter fall-out clusterfuck). You aren't going to get perfect results with those three. However the rest of them are richly pigmented and not gritty at all, so I would definitely suggest doing as the above users said and asking someone at Sephora, because apart from those dud colors they are all very smooth.

YorkshireTea
Learner
Learner

Post by YorkshireTea »

Hey everyone, and thank you for your responses! After some playing around with the palette, I've discovered that if I apply the shadows in a gentle patting motion as opposed to sweeping, I get a much better, more pigmented result. I really appreciate your help. :D

canyounot24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canyounot24 »

turquoise wrote:I have this palette and use it at least once a week, today included. I can tell you with certainty that there are a couple of colors that just flat out suck, namely Candied Violet (glittery but sheer purple), Stawberry Bon Bon (matte but uneven pink), and Black Forest Truffle (dark cranberry glitter fall-out clusterfuck). You aren't going to get perfect results with those three. However the rest of them are richly pigmented and not gritty at all, so I would definitely suggest doing as the above users said and asking someone at Sephora, because apart from those dud colors they are all very smooth.
I completely agree! Strawberry Bon Bon is just awful!

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

Would y'all recommend the semi sweet one over this one or no? I dont really think I need both of them.

BunnyFlops
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BunnyFlops »

Does anyone else have the issue of the two dark red-cranberry shades turning brown an hour after theyre applied? :(

MsMegan91
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MsMegan91 »

No matter how hard I try, I can't find a single use for Strawberry Bon Bon!

YorkshireTea
Learner
Learner

Post by YorkshireTea »

MsMegan91 wrote:No matter how hard I try, I can't find a single use for Strawberry Bon Bon!
IT SUCKS

Cocoamint
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cocoamint »

YorkshireTea wrote:
MsMegan91 wrote:No matter how hard I try, I can't find a single use for Strawberry Bon Bon!
IT SUCKS
It's awful! It looks chalky packed on but blends out into nothing if I actually try to blend it. That's one shade I know I won't pan in addition to candied violet. That shade is so hard pressed in my palette, whenever I try to get it to work I can't get it to give me anything aside from purple shimmer.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Cocoamint wrote:
YorkshireTea wrote:
IT SUCKS
It's awful! It looks chalky packed on but blends out into nothing if I actually try to blend it. That's one shade I know I won't pan in addition to candied violet. That shade is so hard pressed in my palette, whenever I try to get it to work I can't get it to give me anything aside from purple shimmer.
blush.

Cocoamint
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cocoamint »

dollhouse wrote:
Cocoamint wrote:
YorkshireTea wrote:
IT SUCKS
blush.
It's way too pale to be a blush.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

It's way too pale to be a blush.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk[/quote]

True, I guess :(

BeatItBasics19
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BeatItBasics19 »

I just got my chocolate bar eyeshadow palette in this mail from ulta and was super excited! Haven't tried it yet but ill give feedback when I get a chance. Just remember guys, if you're looking to buy this, don't order from Amazon or any other store other than Ulta or Sephora because people are shady and will try to sell you counterfeit palettes. That's one explanation for bad quality.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

I have all three chocolate bar palettes and I haven't had much issue with them EXCEPT one shade, which is in semi-sweet called Pink Sugar. It became completely unuseable, not sure how it happened but it became very clumpy and stuck together and impossible to blend or apply. I'm having a similar problem with Sprinkles in the Bon Bon palette. However, that being said, I love my palettes and I wear them every day. The colors I mostly use and have never had a problem with are:

Chocolate Bar: White Chocolate, semi sweet, creme brulee, haute chocolate
Semi Sweet: Caramel, Puddin, Frosting, Truffled, mousse, coconut creme, butter pecan
Bon Bon: Mocha, Molasses Chip, Satin Sheets, Divinity, Almond Truffle, Cashew Chew

I've never had a problem blending or applying any of the above shades!

Return to “Too Faced”