Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IMATS NYC

Post by jswithlove »

-Are you going?
-If so, what day?
-Have you ever been?
-Any gurus doing meet and greets that we know of?
-Lets talk about it :D

This year will be my first time and I'm SO EXCITED!!!

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: IMATS NYC

Post by BellaJane »

I'm considering it. I haven't been to IMATS in several years and I'm already planning on being in New York sometime in April anyway. Plus a friend of mine just graduated from her cosmetology program last month and she's considering entering the student competition...if she does then I'll absolutely be going!

I wanted to get a pass for both days and just go when I had the time, but apparently you can only buy one at a time and there's no discount for a 2-day like there has been before. :( But I would go on Saturday, since that's the day of the student competition.

Yes, I've been three times..but twice was in the same year, just two different cities.

I hope not. Unless a company has them working at a booth or available for a meet up as a rep of the company it's really rude. I see all of these videos with YTers doing meet ups at IMATS and there are dozens of girls just standing around in a huge group in the middle of a hallway, blocking booths and doorways and getting in everybody's way. As fun as these events are and as much as people want to meet gurus...IMATS is a business event for many people. I think gurus and subscribers need to have some respect for the other people there.

I'm super excited to go back. It's a little more expensive than I would like :-/ But the vendor list is amazing. I'm already putting $50 aside out of every paycheck in anticipation haha

island_grown
Learner
Learner

Re: IMATS NYC

Post by island_grown »

I'll be going both days! It will be my third year going. It's funny,comparing the first year I went, I saw mostly 18+ people go, last year it was more like 12 and older. So so so many young people go just because of the younger beauty gurus are there, I didnt see them buying makeup just following them around.

Return to “IMATS”