Best NYX products?

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best NYX products?

Post by Pastel »

They've finally started selling NYX in my country, and I'm really eager to try some of their things out. The only problem is that I have no idea where to start, so I'd love some recommendations from people who are actually more familiar with the brand. I naturally still don't really want to waste my money if I can help it.

So, what NYX products do you guys like? :D

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Best NYX products?

Post by jonsnowsbabymama »

Their "Soft Matte Lip Creams" are AMAZING! I swear by them. I wore the red shade (Monte Carlo) for prom (about 5pm - 12pm) and I only had to reapply once after dinner.

I have 5 shades and they're all nice. Their normal Matte Lipsticks are good, too! :tu: Have fun shopping!

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Soft Matte Lip Creams for sure!

Also have really grown to like the pore filler primer. I like it more than most higher end primers I've used.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

jonsnowsbabymama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jonsnowsbabymama »

kayleeee wrote:Soft Matte Lip Creams for sure!

Also have really grown to like the pore filler primer. I like it more than most higher end primers I've used.
I really like that primer, too, but it didn't hold well on really hot days, for me. I have oily, combo skin.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Okay, I'm definitely picking up one of the Soft Matte Lip Creams. They sound amazing!

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Soft matte lip creams as suggested! Then also butter lip gloss, it looks super juicy on the lips, smells nice and isn't sticky. There's a reason why it's called "butter" :) I like the HD concealers a lot, esp the correcting ones. Then of course their blush in "taupe" is a heavenly contour colour for fairer complexions . I like the colour "raisin" too, a lot. Pump it up lip plumper is alright too, if you're into that kind of stuff. Hurts like hell though. The jumbo eye pencils are good as long as you can find something you can sharpen them with... I've had no success in doing that still, even when I keep them in the freezer over night. They just crumble :/

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I was kind of intrigued by the jumbo pencils, but I already have things that I can't sharpen so I might give them a pass. I'll check out the blush and the lip glosses while I'm at it :D

lolitay_77
Debater
Debater

Post by lolitay_77 »

Butter gloss in Tiramisu! <3

dillasinpickle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dillasinpickle »

I've only tried one of the new liquid suede lipsticks, but I've been enjoying that. Also the under eye color correcting concealer has been a godsend.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Does anyone have any experience with the lip lingerie range? I think the colours are absolutely gorgeous.

hearyehearye
Stalker
Stalker

Post by hearyehearye »

Their under eye correcting concealer is awesome

haylowder21
Stalker
Stalker

Post by haylowder21 »

Pastel Rage wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the lip lingerie range? I think the colours are absolutely gorgeous.
they are fantastic! I have exotic, baby doll and bedtime flirt and adore all three. they last forever and have a great finish on the lips. Definitely would recommend these and the butter glosses.

chatshitgetbang
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chatshitgetbang »

Pastel Rage wrote:I was kind of intrigued by the jumbo pencils, but I already have things that I can't sharpen so I might give them a pass. I'll check out the blush and the lip glosses while I'm at it :D
Just get a sharpener that has 2 different sizes of holes. Sephora ones are pretty good as well. It comes with the jumbo size hole. Good luck!

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

Honestly, most of their lip products are great! It's pretty hard to go wrong there. Some of their eyeshadows are hit and miss, but the shimmers are more consistent.

I love the formula of their HD concealer, but it's far too dark and orange on my skin, so I sincerely hope they come out with a white shade in the future.

Their HD blushes are great. My favourite shade is Amber, which I find to work really well on a variety of skintones. I know a lot of people like Taupe for contouring, but I personally find it too dark and warm, so I actually enjoy it as an eyeshadow!
Blending is my cardio.

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

I know a lot of people seem to like their butter lip creams, but I hated them. But I do absolutely love their eyebrow gel!

Post by Guest »

The eyebrow gel is considered one of their best.

I recently bought the nyx eyebrow gel after hearing rave reviews from different publications and buyers. I wasn't really a fan though. My brows ended up looking too dramatic and it was hard to take off of course since it's a gel.

viridian
Talker
Talker

Post by viridian »

Any tips for getting the soft matte lip creams to not cake up? I just don't seem to have luck with them. The liquid suede formula works better for me.

bigbigpig
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bigbigpig »

viridian wrote:Any tips for getting the soft matte lip creams to not cake up? I just don't seem to have luck with them. The liquid suede formula works better for me.
do you mean they cake up when you reapply? in my experience, with the matte lipsticks it is better to just wipe everything off with a few drops of oil and start over fresh, rather than try to do a second or third layer.
you could also try putting some lip balm on a few minutes before you apply, to keep your lips more hydrated.

i have the jumbo eye pencil in cashmere and yogurt. they are really good as a highlighter for the inner eye corner. brightens without being too shimmery.
for sharpening i use the nars sharpener with the two holes. (sold at sephora and ulta.) it is only six dollars and makes me feel very luxurious for technically owning a nars beauty product haha.

lesliehbc
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lesliehbc »

I really like the hd banana powder. I loved my kat von d yellow powder but when I ran out I didn't want to purchase a whole new kit just for one shade so I found the nyx one and I love it to brighten up the under eyes!

breakneckspeed
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by breakneckspeed »

I love their Liquid Suede lip products! The formula is a bit too thin/watery for my own preference. However, it's buildable and long lasting.

Return to “NYX”