Temptalia Part 1

missdior
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Temptalia

Post by missdior »

This is the third time I've purchased products based off of her review and photos only to find that her photos look nothing like the product in real life the coloring is completely off.
Never again. :fit:

Nell
Informer
Informer

Post by Nell »

What did you get?

DaneLover
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DaneLover »

I think the hyphen in "something-rather" was supposed to be a dash--as if she couldn't put her finger on what the
"something" was, and so after the dash, she tried to clarify. But it looks like a hyphenated word.

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

missdior wrote:This is the third time I've purchased products based off of her review and photos only to find that her photos look nothing like the product in real life the coloring is completely off.
Never again. :fit:
I bought Double Shot expecting a much warmer reddish brown shade based on the picture. That's not the color it is in real life. It's a cool darker brown. Cool browns look like shit on me, so color me unhappy.

dotdotdot...
Learner
Learner

Post by dotdotdot... »

DaneLover wrote:I think the hyphen in "something-rather" was supposed to be a dash--as if she couldn't put her finger on what the
"something" was, and so after the dash, she tried to clarify. But it looks like a hyphenated word.

i guess that would make a little more sense but that sentence still sucks grammatically. something or other would fit better IMO...?

P.I.e
Learner
Learner

Post by P.I.e »

You're not alone missdior! I bought MAC's Cyber a year or so ago, expecting a dark berry - It was a crazy dark, purple-black on me. Still, I'm fan of vampy lips so I wasn't too worried.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Yeah, she's pointless as a color source because everything except cool toned pinks (which look awful on her) pull warm on her, rendering the swatches useless to those of with cool toned skin.

RuiningYourFun
Learner
Learner

Post by RuiningYourFun »

I bought one of the CoverGirl Lip Perfector (I think that's what it was called) Lipsticks in Smolder, thinking that if it looked like x on Christine ("NC25") it would look like y on me (I am around NC35).

I ended up hating the lipstick once I bought it, because it looked exactly the same on me as it did on her. I thought it would look a little softer on me since I had a darker skin tone, but it would seem not.

I have MAC Cranberry (the only MAC eyeshadow I own :P ) and it looks the same on me as it does on her. I guess the swatches are helpful if you are her skintone. :| Wish she'd adjust her lighting so that we could actually tell in swatches that she is NC35.
While everyone is enjoying a good joke, I'm the loser by the punch bowl that ruins the joke by asking a serious question relating to said joke.

Nell
Informer
Informer

Post by Nell »

I'm sorry, but that Chanel gel eyeshadow looks HORRIBLE.

I also like how she said it pulling away from the sides is no big deal, but she made a big deal out of it when it happened to MAC.

hereforthelulz
Learner
Learner

Post by hereforthelulz »

Nell wrote:I'm sorry, but that Chanel gel eyeshadow looks HORRIBLE.

I also like how she said it pulling away from the sides is no big deal, but she made a big deal out of it when it happened to MAC.
But its Chanel, darlink. MAC is the devil, remember? :twisted:

Nell
Informer
Informer

Post by Nell »

hereforthelulz wrote:
Nell wrote:I'm sorry, but that Chanel gel eyeshadow looks HORRIBLE.

But its Chanel, darlink. MAC is the devil, remember? :twisted:
Ah, of course!

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

I missed this place.

Okay, seriously.
Please close your mouth when you're showing us a lip product.
Why would you do a closeup showing teeth?

Is it the alignment of her teeth?
Really, post one screenshot where she has her mouth totally shut in a lip review.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Other than the full face shot, I'm pretty sure she shows her teeth or that dopey smile in every other picture.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

Abra27 wrote:Image

Other than the full face shot, I'm pretty sure she shows her teeth or that dopey smile in every other picture.
I want to comment on it so she can give me a funny excuse.

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

When I read her Bold Eyes post, here's what I think:

Keep the Cheeks Soft but Defined
It's so easy to create a lovely blush, perfect for every carnival, circus, Halloween Party, and birthday. All you need to do is completely coat your giant fan brush with three layers of bright pink, a la Tom Ford's Narcissist. Do not blend out at all; you want everybody within a ten mile radius to see what a natural flush is on your exquisite cheekbones. God Forbid your STANS not being able to identify you.

Bold Eyeliner, Vibrant Lips
This is easy. Take an old, bright green, eyeliner, slather it in gel liner, and be sure to ONLY line your waterline. Your lower lashline and upper lashes simply don't need it; you want all of your STANS to know how awake you look at all times of the day.

For your lips, you want something that screams I S'D SOME D LAST NIGHT: Be it a very, very pale liquid or a bright blue that says I HAD A LOVE AFFAIR WITH A SMURF. Also, your brows are never black. Always brown, regardless of the natural color of the hair.

Fearlessly Bold and Beautiful

Feel confident as you walk through the door with your unblended eyeshadow and limp, greasy, hair. Anyone that think you should change anything about yourself is just a jealous hater. They should be appreciating everything you struggle through on a daily basis, not trying to put you down.

mek3
Learner
Learner

Post by mek3 »

I read that post and shook my head. The last person to take makeup advice from would be from her. She constantly clashes her blush with her lip colours and hasn't even figured out that to line her top lashline since she's "allergic" all she needs is an angled brush and black eyeshadow. Really Christine... exit stage right. :arrow:

lbee
Talker
Talker

Post by lbee »

mek3 wrote:I read that post and shook my head. The last person to take makeup advice from would be from her. She constantly clashes her blush with her lip colours and hasn't even figured out that to line her top lashline since she's "allergic" all she needs is an angled brush and black eyeshadow. Really Christine... exit stage right. :arrow:
This is EXACTLY what I thought. She should know that she is not one most sane people would take makeup advice from.

Exhibit A:

I rest my case.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

I feel like anyone would be 'allergic' to the way Christine applies makeup. I don't think my eyes would appreciate a brush loaded up with product jabbed into them.

barelythick
Talker
Talker

Post by barelythick »

She had all the MAC marilyn monroe products, yet waited til everything was sold out to review them?
thanks christine.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

I just read that Bold Eyes post. I hope she makes a post on her "signature look."

Cheeks:
Using the brightest pink shade available, dip in your Sigma/MAC brush multiple times. Some people take the easy way out and only coat the tips of the bristles.
But I NEVER take the easy way out, because I was bullied in middle school, and I hate when you leave negative comments on my posts.
As I was saying, we're coating the entire brush in your color of choice. I then like to apply the blush in a windshield-wiper motion from my jawline to my temples. Don't bother with blending. It makes you look like you can't afford to use all the makeup you want. If your blush wasn't pigmented enough- because you didn't realize you should be using NARS or Tom Ford- then use my secret technique!
Instead of using the bristles, take full advantage of your brush and use the handle as well! Just smack it against the pan until it's thoroughly coated in product, then roll it onto your cheeks, like you're painting a wall.
A flawless, NC25 wall.

Eyes:
As you know if you regularly read my blog by now, you know I am allergic to most eyeliners. However, I recently found a product I can use on my upper lashline! I bought it from a lovely girl at a department store counter. She needed to wear more blush, but she was laughing a lot and seemed cheerful, so I knew I could trust her with my money. This highly pigmented liquid liner lasted ten hours on my lids and wiped off so easily when I wanted to remove it! The brand, however, is unknown to me. "Expo." But it cost me fifty dollars, so it must be well-known elsewhere. So many fun colors, as well!
Shadow-wise, use at least five colors of differing color families. Try purple, orange, and green, if three is enough for you. Personally, that's too minimalist for my taste. Once again, don't blend. It's for the poors.

Brows:
I think it would be high fashion to fill in your brows with a vibrant color. Such as, a bright blue or emerald green. It would be best if it matched your lipstick. If you're a little less daring, use a medium brown pencil no matter what color your brows are. Do not tweeze, pluck, or shape. The bigger the better. Brows give you character.

Lips:
A vibrant turquoise compliments any skintone! However, if you cannot find one, because you aren't looking hard enough, I suggest a stop sign red color, or a neon orange.

Now you look as flawless as Cerstine!

Return to “Temptalia”