cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Temptalia Part 2

Post by cheezecake »

So happy to find this thread!
I am grateful that i can find swatches on her site and compare products side by side, find dupes etc. BUT quality of her pics and makeup application sucks balls. It is not like she is doing 9-5 and then all that makeup stuff in the evening, though, even with this schedule you can take better pics. I get this vibe "i am really busy and important, i got sent tons of stuff, be happy i spent 5 min on my makeup and 5 min taking pics". I don't remember where but i read stuff about temptalia and what they do and it sounded like they send rockets to the Moon, not organizing makeup pics in the database.

Pictures are usually horrible and nowadays you can't get any excuse why you don't edit them properly; there is no need to photoshop to the point red looks green, but gurl, you must do post production, you are paid! She doesn't have to whiten her teeth is she doesn't want to, but making them whiter takes 20 sec in lightroom. And i won't even mention her lousy makeup application.

I am sure this was discussed, but why on earth does she NOT use eyeshadow base? It's all about that base, lady! her explanation is just weird.

So Karen from MBB all the way! But i am also a cat person, so i love everything with Tabs in and her calling herself catlady. I can't help it.

kayblinky01
Debater
Debater

Post by kayblinky01 »

I know white is hard to work with but mind you she scored this high. I just can't with her. #lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

kayblinky01 wrote:
I know white is hard to work with but mind you she scored this high. I just can't with her. #lazy

Babyjesus!!! This is batshit scary. But again, if you have struggled with application - open photoshop and smooth the edges a little. She always claims how she wants to be "honest", but this is just an excuse for her laziness and abscence of skillz

HeyBabe
Learner
Learner

Post by HeyBabe »

Please find a rave section for Temptalia and in the meantime, quit insulting members of this forum. Continue to do it and you will be banned.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

HeyBabe wrote:Hi! I've read the entire thread, first and second part, and while I've found it funny, I can't say I always agree. I can see what you guys mean about her being a little curt sometimes, but honestly, I don't find her to be particularly bitchy. I understand that she is very unprofessional at times, but I do think there's a lot of extra ragging on her that really isn't called for.

What I find really horrible is the constant criticism of her appearance. I don't think that's ever acceptable. Football shoulders, man hands, big jaw/chin, ugly teeth, fat... Why even bother saying those sort of things?? I think they're extremely hurtful and unnecessary. I think she's very pretty and feminine and not at all overly fat. I can understand complaining about her makeup, which she can control, especially when she uses lame ass excuses like "I'm allergic to lining my top eyelid", but... I agree, she definitely needs to learn how to blend her makeup, and sometimes her blush is too overpowering (although I'm definitely a fan of strong, cute, pin up blush).

But, this is your forum, so you can voice your opinions all you want. And I know this is a forum where being a bitch seems to be the standard, and I'm no exception to that, bursting in here and all. I just wanted to add my two cents.

Btw, I do find all the STANs pretty funny, hence my username. =) I just find jabs at appearance to be completely rotten, and just damaging overall, like people aren't allowed to be anything less than your definition of perfect to run a beauty blog. Well... makeup isn't exactly for perfect people, is it? What use would they have of it?
So you think commenting on the appearance is not ok but calling us bitches here is ok? Let me point again, this is a trash thread. You seem totally lost here, so please gtfo

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

The evolution of Christine: 2012, 2014, and 2016.

(I still don't understand why her smile has changed so drastically)

Toxtox
Learner
Learner

Post by Toxtox »

milani_redvino006.jpg
:o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

tired_of_bs wrote:
Pretty sure you mean 'Musings of a Muse' :D
Oh my gosh, sorry to be off topic, but Muse's photos are hilarious! She literally does the exact same pose, in the same position in her house, with the same smirk, wearing the same headband. I can NEVER tell a difference in any of her photos except for the slightest shade variation in her lip colour. Every product that I google comes up with the same photo of her face! She's a good writer, but girl needs to switch up her poses.

loref85
Informer
Informer

Post by loref85 »

She gained a little weight and she definitely smiles less now. I think she looks gorgeous in the 2012 photo because the smile was more authentic
My English is not bad, it simply doesn't exist :)

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

Why do her makeup skillz not getting any better thru all these years? I actually feel like they got worse

autotroph
Learner
Learner

Post by autotroph »

loref85 wrote:She gained a little weight and she definitely smiles less now. I think she looks gorgeous in the 2012 photo because the smile was more authentic
I came into the thread to say this, and you beat me to it. I've been following her blog forever, and I estimate she's put on 30-50lbs since her wedding in 2012. See how her face has significantly rounded out and her collarbones have disappeared? She's definitely put on significant weight. If I got fat and had to take daily pictures of my face, I wouldn't be smiling as much, either.

PTruth
Informer
Informer

Post by PTruth »

She's been in the makeup community for a long while, why is she never at any makeup events? I'm sure she gets offers, just seems very strange she doesn't get exposure for her blog through events.
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

Toxtox wrote:
milani_redvino006.jpg
:o
She has all the makeup even then ends up looking like a clown :rofl:

P.I.e
Learner
Learner

Post by P.I.e »

noshant wrote:The evolution of Christine: 2012, 2014, and 2016.

Holy shit, when you line up these all up together, the change is immense.

Popularity online these days with beauty community seems to be tied to the appearance of skill (whether you have it or not is another question - looking at those relentless photoshoppers on Insta). Christine needs to get with it, or enjoy her spot as the swatch lady and not much else.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

P.I.e wrote:
noshant wrote:The evolution of Christine: 2012, 2014, and 2016.

Holy shit, when you line up these all up together, the change is immense.

Popularity online these days with beauty community seems to be tied to the appearance of skill (whether you have it or not is another question - looking at those relentless photoshoppers on Insta). Christine needs to get with it, or enjoy her spot as the swatch lady and not much else.
I thought there is not that much of weight gain...but true, when you put this together, it looks rather bad

And i agree with you: with all that competition, she needs to figure out what to do. I honestly don't care about how round her face is. If anything, "perfect face" is distracting from the product itself because anything will look good on a model's face. But if she doesn't step up her makeup application game, then she should step up photography/editing. Anyone can do swatches, it is just a matter of time someone else comes with better pics

kayblinky01
Debater
Debater

Post by kayblinky01 »

Last sentence. "While I can and will wear bright makeup, I tend to keep it more neutral". Because that makes sense.

PTruth
Informer
Informer

Post by PTruth »

What the fuck? This chick has a JD. Wait a minute is English not her first language? She just sounds like she rambling. :rofl:
Internet wig snatcher and shade thrower.

Please excuse my misspelled words and lazy grammar. I haves fat fingers and no edit button.

Don't let your post write a check Google won't cash!!!

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

kayblinky01 wrote:Image

Last sentence. "While I can and will wear bright makeup, I tend to keep it more neutral". Because that makes sense.

yeah I didn't understand a thing... That whole rubbish could have been put together in much simpler sentences. Like who the fuck asked you what you wear to family events ?
Thanks for posting btw :) I like it when this thread's alive

kayblinky01
Debater
Debater

Post by kayblinky01 »

These are both TRULY painful. Isn't she embarrassed by the content she puts out?

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

kayblinky01 wrote:

These are both TRULY painful. Isn't she embarrassed by the content she puts out?

WORST.FOTD.Ever... :barf: Why would anyone put that pic of themselves on the internet ?

Return to “Temptalia”