Boycotting Michael Todd...

Briile
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boycotting Michael Todd...

Post by Briile »

Agree so freaking much! It was obvious from the start that Michael Todd products were sponsored/free, and the amount of gurus who pimp out the products is ridiculous. You know you can smell a sell out when they're pimping Michael Todd, Sigma, BH Cosmetics, etc. in videos. I also think it's ridiculous some gurus call the products "True Organics"- because we totally can't tell it's just the same old MT products through the purple packaging, right? Tbh whenever I see a plug for any of the aforementioned brands I just skip through the video.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I guess since I've never used that brand and have never been interested in it I'll boycott too xD
imma ball til the day i fall

cherrygirl016

Post by cherrygirl016 »

I was actually going to make a post asking if anyone has used this brand and what they think of it. If it's truly a great brand, the sponsorship doesn't really bother me, tbh. I'm interested in their products but it's hard to get an honest review on YouTube.

Chloe
Learner
Learner

Post by Chloe »

I was thinking of getting one of his watches but Vivienne Westwood's are well nicer, better quality and similar price range if anyone is interested <3

here4thegoss
Learner
Learner

Post by here4thegoss »

Chloe wrote:I was thinking of getting one of his watches but Vivienne Westwood's are well nicer, better quality and similar price range if anyone is interested <3
Do you mean Michael kors? I highly doubt and guru has a free Michael kors, maybe they got a gift card for the mall and used it for one, but a reputable fashion house doesn't need gurus advertising one of their cheapest products.
the joys of trolling ;)

youtubeisfun
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by youtubeisfun »

here4thegoss wrote:
Chloe wrote:I was thinking of getting one of his watches but Vivienne Westwood's are well nicer, better quality and similar price range if anyone is interested <3
Do you mean Michael kors? I highly doubt and guru has a free Michael kors, maybe they got a gift card for the mall and used it for one, but a reputable fashion house doesn't need gurus advertising one of their cheapest products.
Are they talking about the new Marc Jacobs line? I haven't seen Michael Todd pushed on YouTube since 2010.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

youtubeisfun wrote:I haven't seen Michael Todd pushed on YouTube since 2010.
I've seen it just recently on macbarbie07, amarixe, and smlx0's videos. The gurus talk about their products in Skincare Routine videos and Favorities videos, so that it looks like it's not sponsored at all.

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness »

Even Michelle Phan did it in her latest favorites. It is even more ridiculous when gurus actually never mention Michael Todd anywhere else before they started to get sponsored and suddenly "oh look this is a favorite of mine..."

No it's not girl, when something is a favorite for real vloggers tend to talk about it non-stop.

Nocturnal
Talker
Talker

Post by Nocturnal »

A couple of weeks ago it was Fekkai hair products in every hair routine/tutorial. so obvious

mouse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mouse »

cherrygirl016 wrote:I was actually going to make a post asking if anyone has used this brand and what they think of it. If it's truly a great brand, the sponsorship doesn't really bother me, tbh. I'm interested in their products but it's hard to get an honest review on YouTube.
I got sucked into buying a set after watching... um I want to say Tati but I can't remember who exactly. From memory whoever it was did state that they had been kindly sent for consideration to review.

I'm not going to claim it's the most amazing skin care in the world because it's really not. There is other stuff out there that performs just as well. My reasoning for purchase was that as a whole set the price was very affordable compared to other brands available readily in my country and if I didn't like it then it wasn't much of a loss. The line also had rave reviews outside of YouTube on product review sites etc.

I enjoy the products as far as a routine goes, each product feels & smells nice and my skin doesn't feel tight and uncomfortable or dry after use. I use the cleanser and serum every morning and night and leave the scrub, moisturiser and eye cream for evenings. I do the mask once a week. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to skin care so if I didn't have a routine sitting there waiting for me I probably wouldn't do it as much. My idea of skin care has been warm water & a cloth followed by coconut oil. My skin is looking healthy but I don't have problem skin to begin with so I really can't comment on it clearing blemishes etc. The cleanser removes makeup well. My sister and mother have since bought a set each too and they both enjoy the stuff overall.

That's probably all I can say about it really, I don't regret the purchase as far as the products themselves go. I'm not subscribed to tons of beauty gurus so I honestly didn't realise it was a mass rave thing until recently which is kind of disappointing. I've almost finished everything but the mask and I don't think I would rush out to repurchase when it's gone. There's too many other brands I'd like to try first.

youtubeisfun
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by youtubeisfun »

Username wrote:
youtubeisfun wrote:I haven't seen Michael Todd pushed on YouTube since 2010.
I've seen it just recently on macbarbie07, amarixe, and smlx0's videos. The gurus talk about their products in Skincare Routine videos and Favorities videos, so that it looks like it's not sponsored at all.
Oh ok, got it! I don't watch any of them, that would explain it. No one I watch has talked about it.... YET.

makemeupcrazy
Talker
Talker

Post by makemeupcrazy »

i received a sample of the charcoal mask face scrub thing in an ipsy bag last month. i have since cancelled ipsy. i was reluctant to try it, because of the smell mostly, because i have super sensitive skin. My forehead was peeling really bad one day so I decided that I would try it and I was very surprised. It didn't break me out, and lord at the dead skin it removed. I may look into it more, but I agree with the over zealous referrals from youtube, it's kind of a turn off.

australienne
Talker
Talker

Post by australienne »

I had the worst customer service of my life with Michael Todd. And I am an avid internet shopper so this says a lot.

A couple of years ago, before the YT explosion happened, I read about some Michael Todd cream eyeshadows on some beauty blog (can't remember which). I liked the colours and they got a good review, the website seemed professional enough, so I decided to order some. I placed the order through PayPal on the Michael Todd website, my credit card was charged, it all seemed fine initially. I began to feel uneasy when no order confirmation arrived. I waited a few days and when a shipping confirmation never arrived I got worried and contacted Michael Todd website. No response. Over the next few weeks with no delivery I sent them about 10-15 emails trying to figure out what was going on. Not ONCE did they respond to me. I'm not located in the US so calling them was not an option. I was definitely sending it to the right address too. I eventually emailed them informing them I was putting in a PayPal claim for my money. No response to that. Put in the PayPal claim, they did not contest it or even respond to that either so I got my money back. For a company to consistently ignore a (rightly) dissatisfied customer is just ridiculous. Seriously, they could be the most amazing products ever and I would not trust my money with that company ever again.

Catsmile
Learner
Learner

Post by Catsmile »

Hehe, I had never heard of Michael Todd until I read this...

Return to “Michael Todd”