Michael Todd skincare?

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Michael Todd skincare?

Post by Pixiepink »

So we've all seen gurus recently pimpin out MT skincare ,but has anyone actually tried it? Seems to be an organic brand with natural ingredients etc but, what do you guys think- worth the hype?

cjl123
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Michael Todd skincare?

Post by cjl123 »

I have never used any, but I have seen a lot of gurus talking about it. I wish someone would post pics of the difference Micheal Todd products had on their skin yet no one does, which makes me think its just a sponsored video. I

CeCe
Talker
Talker

Post by CeCe »

I actually did purchase a few things (I got sucked in). I used it for a couple weeks, not long enough to see a difference. I felt guilty about spending $80+ on some skin care so I returned it...

Post by Guest »

It's obviously sponsored or else you wouldn't see a million videos about it at the same time... Honestly, these people think we're all stupid...

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

cjl123 wrote:I have never used any, but I have seen a lot of gurus talking about it. I wish someone would post pics of the difference Micheal Todd products had on their skin yet no one does, which makes me think its just a sponsored video. I
YES. THIS EXACTLY. I absolutely DO NOT EVER trust those who talk/rave about products while they have a full effin' face of makeup on. You love the products? It's working wonders for your skin? Fine. Then prove it and show us your bare face if it looks so much better now.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

sunlandic
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sunlandic »

I got the Michael Todd dry skin trave/discovery kit because I was interested in trying it, I wanted something smaller than my normal skin care to take on holiday with me andddd mostly because it was on sale for $19.95 plus with a discount code so it was around $15 :P

Overall, I think it's okay but I have a lot of other skincare products that do a much better job.

I'll go through the kit incase anyone is wondering about specific items:
Cleanser: I got the Skin Defender cream cleanser which I didn't really like because it seemed to leave film on my face afterwards and it didn't take off my eye make-up very well.
Toner: Cranberry Anitox, eh an okay toner can't say much as I haven't used it heaps because I like my Aesop one better.
Scrub: Tropical Fruit Enzyme Scrub was again okay, smells like skittles :/ I guess I didn't mind it but it was kinda a strong smell so if you're not into strong smells then maybe avoid this one. It worked okay though again I just feel like I own other products that I enjoy much more.
Hydrate: Citrus Cream Moisturiser, I actually really liked this one. The smell isn't toooo over powering and it really did make my skin feel nice and soft in the morning. I use it at night because it seems a little too heavy for my liking as a day cream plus it doesn't have SPF which is important to me especially living in Australia. I have been using it every night and no complaints at all. I would possibly repurchase this butttt I have so many other night creams I'd like to try more hahaha.
Treat: Pearl and Silk Facial Mask, okay horror of horrors! It felt like it was burning which I really don't think is what it was meant to feel like D: D: D:
I looked up other reviews and no one commented about a burning feeling but it definitely did not feel normal/right. I haven't tried it again out of fear lol but I might give it one more go before chucking it. I don't have particularly sensitive skin either so I don't know.

Sorry that was long :/ I just haven't really seen many reviews that weren't obviously sponsored.
Hopefully, it was helpful! <3

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

sunlandic wrote:I got the Michael Todd dry skin trave/discovery kit because I was interested in trying it, I wanted something smaller than my normal skin care to take on holiday with me andddd mostly because it was on sale for $19.95 plus with a discount code so it was around $15 :P

Overall, I think it's okay but I have a lot of other skincare products that do a much better job.

I'll go through the kit incase anyone is wondering about specific items:
Cleanser: I got the Skin Defender cream cleanser which I didn't really like because it seemed to leave film on my face afterwards and it didn't take off my eye make-up very well.
Toner: Cranberry Anitox, eh an okay toner can't say much as I haven't used it heaps because I like my Aesop one better.
Scrub: Tropical Fruit Enzyme Scrub was again okay, smells like skittles :/ I guess I didn't mind it but it was kinda a strong smell so if you're not into strong smells then maybe avoid this one. It worked okay though again I just feel like I own other products that I enjoy much more.
Hydrate: Citrus Cream Moisturiser, I actually really liked this one. The smell isn't toooo over powering and it really did make my skin feel nice and soft in the morning. I use it at night because it seems a little too heavy for my liking as a day cream plus it doesn't have SPF which is important to me especially living in Australia. I have been using it every night and no complaints at all. I would possibly repurchase this butttt I have so many other night creams I'd like to try more hahaha.
Treat: Pearl and Silk Facial Mask, okay horror of horrors! It felt like it was burning which I really don't think is what it was meant to feel like D: D: D:
I looked up other reviews and no one commented about a burning feeling but it definitely did not feel normal/right. I haven't tried it again out of fear lol but I might give it one more go before chucking it. I don't have particularly sensitive skin either so I don't know.

Sorry that was long :/ I just haven't really seen many reviews that weren't obviously sponsored.
Hopefully, it was helpful! <3
Thanks, It's great to hear from real people who have actually used the products and not just gurus!

Return to “Michael Todd”